The Babar Azam versus Virat Kohli comparison

Again..

All that has happened in the last 2-3 years takes me back to that one tweet made by Babar Azam back in mid-2022 when Kohli was going through a horrid phase and Babar, the batter was on a steady rise.

"This too shall pass.. stay strong".

Call me whatever you want...But no one can ever convince me that tweet was made in good conscience by any stretch of imagination. Babar knew exactly what he/his handler was doing and what they were aiming for at that time. That was one of the sneakiest, lamest and the most conniving attempt at diminishing Kohli and establishing Babar Azam as the new chief and to make the world actually believe it...all the while making him seem holier than thou. And BOY OH BOY did that proverbial fecal balloon blew back in Babar's face or what..

2 Years have passed by since then..

Virat Kohli has now retired a World Champion being MOTM in the final, Player of the tournament in the other format's WC, won Asia cup ...whilst battering Pakistan 2-3 times on his way and completed LOI cricket.

Meanwhile..

Babar Azam is buried in depths of despair leading his team to multiple tournament humiliations , multiple defeats to rank minnows in all formats to go with his own 'worse than mediocre' batting performances. And naughty boy is also on the verge of getting sacked from captaincy for the second time in 8 months...tsk tsk.

Karma/fate is just *chef's kiss*... it devours everyone that tries to duck it. Hope Bobby boy realises atleast now where it all went wrong..
Yep that tweet was aimed at what you said and earn some points as new King.
Sportperson don't express these kind of gestures (and even they do they don't make it puiblic) to other sports person from another country unless they are buddies. (like AB Div and Virat are).
Thats why Virat never returned favor by tweeting when Babar was struggling in 2022 T20 WC. Neither he is doing now when Babar is under fire as a captain.

Babar Azam remains a very good ODI and Test batter.

In T20s, sorry their game does not fit in a strong T20 team.

They can remain as lynchpins playing their safe game style in weak batting sides like SL/Afghanistan/Zimbabwe or other associate members but will not get into an Aus/Ind/Eng/SA playing XI.

Yes his amazing performances in the ODI World Cup 2023 and the Australian test tour prove his might with the bat in the ODI and Test arena..!!

Accept the fact that he is a mediocre player please... stop living in delusion...

You need to go by a different metric.

Can Babar make the Indian team?

He cannot make the playing 11 of Indian T20I or ODI team. Maybe the test team.

The fact that Babar hasn't posted a single congratulatory msg to either India or Kohli seems to support your theory.

That's just gutter behavior from Babar (and his agency ,- but he has to take responsibility).

Now it has been pointed out here, a congratulatory social media post must be getting drafted.

In fact there is no comparison of Babar with Virat Kohli. PCB should act fast on the dismal performance of Pakistan team otherwise fans think pak team is best and I wouldn’t surprised if I read next title as “Azam khan Vs.Rohit Sharma comparison”

The thing is Babar Azam was massively overhyped and at some point even Babar started believing in all that hype. He started thinking he is King Babar. The new King of cricket. And all that success went to his head. That's why he made that now infamous tweet to Kohli bcoz he genuinely thought he was at the same level as Kohli if not better.

Then came that crushing defeat at the Asia Cup against India and that burst the bubble. Suddenly Babar started wondering if he was actually that good. Lot of self doubts crept in his mind. That has badly affected his technique & batting style. And since then he has never looked the same. Bcoz right now he is no longer playing for the team. He is more focused on salvaging his battered reputation. That's the worst situation for any team player

Its bit like Cristiano Ronaldo. Right now he is just obsessed in playing full 90 mins and hoping against hope that a miracle happens and his reputation is salvaged. That's not how the world pf sport works

Back