The death of Pakistan cricket

mominsaigol

Test Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
This is more of a road to Ct 2025 thread but I changed the name because I feel like this is pretty much it for pakistan and their is no further input needed from me related to the affairs of Pakistan cricket post ct 2025 as their is nothing that can be done.

As soon as Pakistan achieved no 1 rank in odi they

A) Received a very brutal beating in the Asia cup post Nepal Game.

B) Received a very brutal beating in WC 2023 where they lost to every team excluding Bangladesh and Nedtherlands who they beat definitively. New Zealand and Sri lanka was mostly luck as but bowling sides were poor vs sri lanka so it was toss dependent and NZ was a fakhar zaman special + Drs interference. Heck pakistan even lost their warmup games with the likes of David Warner bowling.

C) Recieved a Aussie test series bashing following by a Jan t20 series NZ bashing.

D) Had troubles against Ireland and C team NZ

E) Brutal bashing by England in the t20 series.

F) Got decimated in t20 world cup bring eliminated by USA of all teams.

G) Brutal beating a home by Bangladesh

H) First team in history to lose a test game by an innings despite scoring 556 first. And I am convinced pakistan will lose 3-0 to England with the best outcome maybe to draw in one game at best.

In the recently concluded Champions cup, it was clear pakistan is decades behind. Despite road tracks, not a single attempt by anyone in our circuit to get a 400 to 450 score and not a single bowler grabbed my attention besides the raw Ali raza who despite being average, can atleast bowl 145+ which no one else in the circuit can do.

Utterly atrocious domestic culture as well as the fact that none of the senior players even attempt to play red ball cricket(fc) yet are parading around in the International test circuit.

Champions Trophy 2025 is the last glimmer of hope as at the very least, Pakistan remains defending champions to this day.

But I firmly believe that post ct 2025, it's over.

All I have to say is, Thank you Misbah, Babar, Rizwan, Chacha, Naqvi, Wasim Khan, Ramiz Raja, Shan, and anyone who I may or may not have missed for your brilliant services to our nation.

You successfully destroyed dilon ka Kaptaan's career all to promote your rubbish and dismantle your domestic culture. I hope you're very very proud of losing that no 1 t20 rank, and soon losing Ct defending champions title very likely at the hands of Aus, Eng or India.

This is more of a road to Ct 2025 thread but I changed the name because I feel like this is pretty much it for pakistan and their is no further input needed from me related to the affairs of Pakistan cricket post ct 2025 as their is nothing that can be done.

As soon as Pakistan achieved no 1 rank in odi they

A) Received a very brutal beating in the Asia cup post Nepal Game.

B) Received a very brutal beating in WC 2023 where they lost to every team excluding Bangladesh and Nedtherlands who they beat definitively. New Zealand and Sri lanka was mostly luck as but bowling sides were poor vs sri lanka so it was toss dependent and NZ was a fakhar zaman special + Drs interference. Heck pakistan even lost their warmup games with the likes of David Warner bowling.

C) Recieved a Aussie test series bashing following by a Jan t20 series NZ bashing.

D) Had troubles against Ireland and C team NZ

E) Brutal bashing by England in the t20 series.

F) Got decimated in t20 world cup bring eliminated by USA of all teams.

G) Brutal beating a home by Bangladesh

H) First team in history to lose a test game by an innings despite scoring 556 first. And I am convinced pakistan will lose 3-0 to England with the best outcome maybe to draw in one game at best.

In the recently concluded Champions cup, it was clear pakistan is decades behind. Despite road tracks, not a single attempt by anyone in our circuit to get a 400 to 450 score and not a single bowler grabbed my attention besides the raw Ali raza who despite being average, can atleast bowl 145+ which no one else in the circuit can do.

Utterly atrocious domestic culture as well as the fact that none of the senior players even attempt to play red ball cricket(fc) yet are parading around in the International test circuit.

Champions Trophy 2025 is the last glimmer of hope as at the very least, Pakistan remains defending champions to this day.

But I firmly believe that post ct 2025, it's over.

All I have to say is, Thank you Misbah, Babar, Rizwan, Chacha, Naqvi, Wasim Khan, Ramiz Raja, Shan, and anyone who I may or may not have missed for your brilliant services to our nation.

You successfully destroyed dilon ka Kaptaan's career all to promote your rubbish and dismantle your domestic culture. I hope you're very very proud of losing that no 1 t20 rank, and soon losing Ct defending champions title very likely at the hands of Aus, Eng or India.
Country as big as pakistan given the amount of resources they have access to in cricket will be fine. They will bounce back. I highly doubt it will go the hockey way. Pakistan still have passion for cricket. They just need to unearth one star that can play test format. Rest will follow. Pick from domestic comps. Enforce rules for players to participate in first class cricket If they want to play in psl

Lot of them are looking for short cuts. Want easy way out. Anyone who shows lack of interest should be immediately discarded.

Tie bonuses to performance in tests.

Then results will follow. Make pace friendly pitches or turning pitches. Whatever suits the domestic players.

"Defending champions of the Champions Trophy" is such a red herring.

Misbah and Waqar played a role in this downfall once again. Let's not forget about these two culprits who always come back and ruin things whenever there is hope for improvement in the future. The real brothers of destruction.

Pakistan has a huge population with a primary sports as cricket. I don't see the death of cricket in Pakistan despite going through worst phase. I don't think parallel with WI is present here. Wi is a collection of much smaller countries with money in other sports poaching talent. Not the situation in Pakistan. Cricket will do fine in Pakistan in long term. Pakistan should return in mid tier in future.

I suspect cricket situation is related with economic development. Once it starts moving in right direction, cricket will move as well. Meanwhile low hanging fruits like having good pitches, having policies for playing first class cricket, not allowing any single person to hold chief selctor and coach role, not having country head appointing PCB head, going hard on age related cheating etc will go a long way in helping Pakistani cricket.

Main thing is to not rely on any single person but develop a system which can't be damaged by anyone. SA had a good domestic and despite not playing internationals for a long time, came back with a bang in international cricket. So just focus on having good domestic set up. Everything will fall in place.

Saying the death of cricket as a whole is too much. The most we can say is the Death of TEST cricket.

Nobody is interested in test cricket that much.

Saying the death of cricket as a whole is too much. The most we can say is the Death of TEST cricket.

Nobody is interested in test cricket that much.
You mean in Pakistan?

Yeah, interest in a sport will be directly proportional to the person's favorite team's performance in that sport in my opinion. :unsure:

I would like to know if kids in Pakistan have developed interest in Javelin throwing lately.

Back