The toxic culture of fans, media, ex players in Pakistan Cricket to blame for lack of bench strength

Savak

Test Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
The top teams in the world i.e. England, Australia, NZ, South Africa and India routinely rest their senior players from meaningless bilateral T-20 games and only send their full strength teams to ICC events. Losses are not important in comparison to giving chances to their bench strength and new players.

Pakistan has lost two T-20 meaningless games in a meaningless series and already the PZ sponsored media journalists are blaming the PCB for breaking the Babar Rizwan opening jori for this chaos, for the likes of Shaheen Shadab Imad Amir creating problems and under mining Babar in the dressing room, for Pakistani talent just not being good enough to replicate modern fearless aggressive cricket.

I mean give me a break, there is no need to get emotional over these T-20 defeats which have no bearing in the long run. As a selector and even coach i would tell the players you are the best aggressive players we have identified in the country, we are giving you the next 10-15 games, go out and express yourself.

But where are the potential bench warmers , fact is our talent pool has dried up we live on gimmicks and one trick ponies who have perishable life such as Haris Rauf, Shadab Khan, Azam Khan and now Usman Khan also the lobbies and mafia doesn't let a player settle in unless or until he is some sort of Bradman or has a strong support on the back examples like Muhammad Haris , Amir Jamal , Wasim Jr. these guys should have been a regular in T20s yet we keep turning back to Nawazs and Imads

Fans can bicker and moan all they want. So the can the media.

You need a strong board, coach and captain to tell them to go to hell.

But when the board itself is usually shaky and is appointed on a political basis then the whole system becomes shaky and everyone looks out for themselves.

Don't agree. Individual batting records are more important than testing bench. Brother Boby and brother Riz will have most T20 runs and highest T20 batting average to their name if they play each and every match, especially if they play all matches against C/D top teams and the likes of Nepal.

To cover this fetishes of these two brothers and to get favourable results in these matches, the likes of SSA and other important bowlers can be forced to be part of each and every such match. No issues if the work load burns these fast bowlers down and turns them into trundlers :ssa. The more important batting T20 records will never be broken and will be in the name of brothers RizBar forever.

To hell with bench strength. Sochna bhi mana hai. :inti

The top teams in the world i.e. England, Australia, NZ, South Africa and India routinely rest their senior players from meaningless bilateral T-20 games and only send their full strength teams to ICC events. Losses are not important in comparison to giving chances to their bench strength and new players.

Pakistan has lost two T-20 meaningless games in a meaningless series and already the PZ sponsored media journalists are blaming the PCB for breaking the Babar Rizwan opening jori for this chaos, for the likes of Shaheen Shadab Imad Amir creating problems and under mining Babar in the dressing room, for Pakistani talent just not being good enough to replicate modern fearless aggressive cricket.

I mean give me a break, there is no need to get emotional over these T-20 defeats which have no bearing in the long run. As a selector and even coach i would tell the players you are the best aggressive players we have identified in the country, we are giving you the next 10-15 games, go out and express yourself.

I wonder if profit / revenue is a motive. For instance, if crowd pullers like Babar-Rizwan were rested this series then perhaps crowds and boardcasting revenues would be down. And that is something the PCB cannot afford.

Don't agree. Individual batting records are more important than testing bench. Brother Boby and brother Riz will have most T20 runs and highest T20 batting average to their name if they play each and every match, especially if they play all matches against C/D top teams and the likes of Nepal.

To cover this fetishes of these two brothers and to get favourable results in these matches, the likes of SSA and other important bowlers can be forced to be part of each and every such match. No issues if the work load burns these fast bowlers down and turns them into trundlers :ssa. The more important batting T20 records will never be broken and will be in the name of brothers RizBar forever.

To hell with bench strength. Sochna bhi mana hai. :inti
sir rizwan will surpass don bradman's test average in t20

I wonder if profit / revenue is a motive. For instance, if crowd pullers like Babar-Rizwan were rested this series then perhaps crowds and boardcasting revenues would be down. And that is something the PCB cannot afford.
To be fair, Babar has lost a lot of support during this series against C/D New Zealand, although he still retains some die-hard fans.

People are beginning to understand that in T20s, it's not just the averages that count, but the strike rate combined with a good average is what really matters.

If you check platforms like TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook, the majority of posts about Babar and Rizwan are negative.

Media is the real source of this toxicity

Rizwan is not much of a crowd puller. T-20 is a format where a few performing players can become crowd pullers and no reason why new players cannot do this.

Rizwan is not much of a crowd puller. T-20 is a format where a few performing players can become crowd pullers and no reason why new players cannot do this.

For some reason, the youth of pak is just really obsessed with him

To be fair, Babar has lost a lot of support during this series against C/D New Zealand, although he still retains some die-hard fans.

People are beginning to understand that in T20s, it's not just the averages that count, but the strike rate combined with a good average is what really matters.

If you check platforms like TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook, the majority of posts about Babar and Rizwan are negative.

I agree, that SR is more important that averages in T20I. But, the crowd really goes wild when Babar bats. I've seen it myself, and almost always go deaf. It always baffles me, because he is generally so slow.

As usual Pakistan planning was all wrong. When it was obvious that New Zealand were more or less sending a C team, Pakistan should have responded in kind.

That meant resting Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Naseem and Shadab. Fine to bring back Imad & Amir but other than that, use the reserve players to give them some experience.

But Babar was so hellbent on getting back the captaincy and the rest wanted to improve their stats against a 'lesser' team. This has backfired spectacularly. The team will at best square the series against a weakened NZ team. The morale will be low and therefore face more media pressure. And Babar has just reminded everyone why he was sacked as captain in November.

As usual Pakistan planning was all wrong. When it was obvious that New Zealand were more or less sending a C team, Pakistan should have responded in kind.

That meant resting Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen, Naseem and Shadab. Fine to bring back Imad & Amir but other than that, use the reserve players to give them some experience.

But Babar was so hellbent on getting back the captaincy and the rest wanted to improve their stats against a 'lesser' team. This has backfired spectacularly. The team will at best square the series against a weakened NZ team. The morale will be low and therefore face more media pressure. And Babar has just reminded everyone why he was sacked as captain in November.

All the coaches and PCB Chairman's who have worked with Babar have been removed but King Bobby and his gang have escaped accountability. At some point his lady luck will run out.

Fans and media are always going to criticize the bad performances and it is up to the players to silence them with their good performances.

pakistani people are obsessed with optics, the cricket team is no different.

Back