The Vindico Genghis cricket bat Full indepth review

Hammermellet

Debutant
Runs
The Vindico Genghis Players Plus Cricket Bat.

ive been dealing with the guys at vindico cricket now for a little over a month and so far have been very impressed. They are obsessed with cricket and love the game as do many of us. Vindico cricket is based here in the United States, as am i. But don’t be fooled into thinking that means they make Mickey Mouse bats.

The bats are hand selected at The BAS and RNS factories in india and they have a dedicated bat maker there hand crafting their blades for them. I was lucky enough to get one of their 2011 bats to use as my own. The Vindico Zulu Players + cricket bat. Made a video of it and posted some pics and before i knew it someone wanted to buy it from me.

So i had to look at their new 2012 range and decided on the Genghis players plus bat. It suited my style of batting and i found one in the perfect weight range for me. ( 2.10 ) After oiling it, knocking it in and just generally treating it like another child i decided it was time to take it to the nets. I knew if i wanted to give a proper review of the bat i had to actually use it. I am lucky as well in that my local ” nets ” has the hard juggs balls in their bowling machine and not the soft spongy ones that many others have so it gives a real feeling of a cricket ball hitting the bat.

Now i will say right off the bat that the willow being used in the Vindico bats is not the top of the line premium quality willow that you might find in a Gray nicolls legend or GM original LE.There are a few blemishes / watermarks. I would classify the willow in their players plus bats as being the same as a GM 909 or GM original. Another good thing is that the willow is graded when it gets to the Vindico office and then is re-graded when it gets to me here at cricket store online. The reason we grade the bats this way is because we also take performance and ping into consideration when grading the bats. Vindico cricket only uses willow that performs well. You can be sure when you buy a Vindico cricket bat ( whether its a Test plus or players plus ) that it will perform well.

Here is my two video reviews of the bat. First one is my normal in store review and the second is my actual bat test in the nets.

[UTUBE]rascJD6d_Cs[/UTUBE]

[UTUBE]XXe75u09Rl8[/UTUBE]

Using my cricket bat rating system which takes things like cost, willow quality , moisture content and performance into account This bat scored a 38/50 possible points putting it very near the top of the leader board.

For more on the rating system, see this post. click below, The bat-off.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=141217

vinback-1024x697.jpg

genghis.jpg

genghistwobatscso-1024x705.jpg

IMG_1799-1024x764.jpg

IMG_1800-1024x764.jpg

IMG_1801-1024x764.jpg

IMG_1802-1024x764.jpg

IMG_1803-1024x764.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

http://cricketgearreviews.com/full-review-of-the-vindico-genghis-players-cricket-bat/

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I missed this earlier; good review Hammer. So if we are looking for performance we should go for the lower model: makes sense.

I don't know much about them nor I have heard much about them but where are they made? India?

Average bat, not too impressed.

Other bats I see are better like Mr. Zeusky SS Matrixx

BAS bats are very good, I rate them very high.

There bats are brilliant, have you ever used one zeusky?

No man I have not used one yet so my opinion is neutral; the profiles do look like BAS production. I have spoken with the owner though and he came across as a genuine cricket enthusiast.

I too have high regard for BAS; might not have those thick edges but they make some genuine good bats.

BAS bats are very good, I rate them very high.

There bats are brilliant, have you ever used one zeusky?

If I am not mistaking sachin's sticks0 in late 90's were either made by BAS or Vampire

If I am not mistaking sachin's sticks0 in late 90's were either made by BAS or Vampire

Yes, actually if I remember correctly the bat he used to score double hundred in ODI was BAS as well.

If I'm not mistaken Vampire was/is model name for BAS bats

Don't think this bat would be graded 909 or original by GM looking like this. On looks alone its grade 3.

I don't think I have seen any Asian company grade bats based on perforamance so I'm with d7bow with it, definitely not LE model and lowest Grade 2/Grade 3 at its best.

So this is just a cheap RNs with different stickers on it?

I will probably say this is a BAS;

Given a choice, I will take performance over looks anyday though but it is just me. But I do agree that if you are spending over 300 dollars on a bat made in India, you should get both!!

I fail to understand what this brand offers - why not just buy a bas or rns

Hi Mr. CA Gold, have been trying to get a hold of u for a while.

Regards,
Your team-mate (the one who saved u from the stumping while leg-umpiring :))

CA Gold bhai masroof banda hai, woh chottay mootay loggo ko kidher lift karratay hai ;-) :))

STR8DRIVE bhai fazool main burri umpiring ki appnay, kya silla milla? ;-) :)))

Hi Mr. CA Gold, have been trying to get a hold of u for a while.

Regards,
Your team-mate (the one who saved u from the stumping while leg-umpiring :))

Limited access to Internet these days - I hear you've joined the redback club

Yes, I have (awaiting delivery). I am sure you will approve of that bat when you see it.

CD: The square leg fielder blocked my view, I couldnt see clearly, I am sure he was in the crease when stumps were broken. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, I have (awaiting delivery). I am sure you will approve of that bat when you see it.

CD: The square leg fielder blocked my view, I couldnt see clearly, I am sure he was in the crease when stumps were broken. ;)

I just hope your opposition captain is not reading this-- specially if you guys won :D

Back