Thinking of buying Adidas ST Pro EW (Sachin)

Waleedk11

Debutant
Runs
Salaam Brothers,

I have quite a big season up ahead and for the first time i am batting 3rd for my club team. So i need a decent Grade 1 EW bat. I've spotted this Adidas ST bat on onlinestocklist.com but i do not know if its an original as it could be a copy. Indian sellers have a reputation for selling KW copies. Heres the link

http://onlinestockist.com/Adidas-ST-PRO-English-Willow-Cricket-Bat-Sachin-Tendulkar-P1205325.aspx

Has anyone bought anything from this retailer or used this brilliant looking bat? Let me know. Thanks

If you ask me I would not buy it, the reason is that I wouldn't recommend you buying an Indian made bat. This bat will cost you close to £140 and there is possibility that you won't like the feel and if that is the case then you can't return it even if you can then you will have to pay for the postage.

So I would say buy an English bat rather than this Indian made.

KnightRider buys a lot from that retailer.

Do you mind tewling me what's your budget?

If you ask me I would not buy it, the reason is that I wouldn't recommend you buying an Indian made bat. This bat will cost you close to £140 and there is possibility that you won't like the feel and if that is the case then you can't return it even if you can then you will have to pay for the postage.

So I would say buy an English bat rather than this Indian made.

KnightRider buys a lot from that retailer.

Do you mind tewling me what's your budget?

£150 but i could push it to £200

You can easily get a top brand top of the line bat in that, easily! In £200 you can probably get Icon Original and English bats would be miles better than Asian.

you think English bats are better than Asian? I thought it was the other way round.

Salaam Brothers,

I have quite a big season up ahead and for the first time i am batting 3rd for my club team. So i need a decent Grade 1 EW bat. I've spotted this Adidas ST bat on onlinestocklist.com but i do not know if its an original as it could be a copy. Indian sellers have a reputation for selling KW copies. Heres the link

http://onlinestockist.com/Adidas-ST-PRO-English-Willow-Cricket-Bat-Sachin-Tendulkar-P1205325.aspx

Has anyone bought anything from this retailer or used this brilliant looking bat? Let me know. Thanks

The Bat is definetly original and real value for money for a grade 1 bat

asian bats tend to break faster as well mate. so its better to spend on an english bat which will perform the same but last longer.

Salaam Brothers,

Everything on Onlinestockist site is 100% legit. I buy a lot frm OLS, the customer service is always excellent and the products(cricketgear) are of highest quality at such low prices. I do recommend them very highly.

MAJID7861.jpg

MAJID78610.jpg

MAJID78614.jpg

MAJID78615.jpg

MAJID78613.jpg

I bought the ST adidas master blaster county bat last year and I was really very impressed by the quality of the willow and ping. My coach/captain tested it with a mallet and said "look after this bat its a lovely piece of willow and pings really really well."
1st match I used the bat I scored a 50 without putting any effort into any shots and lots of ppl asked how much and where I got the bat from. It was by far my best bat from my last seasons collection. I would suggest you go for an Asian bat coz it will save you lot of money and will perform lot better then much more expensive English branded bat.

Last edited:
asian bats tend to break faster as well mate. so its better to spend on an english bat which will perform the same but last longer.

Exactly! Asian bats are softer pressed hence they crack longer. One of my clubmate had SS Matrixx last year and it broke towards the end of season. I firmly believe Asian bats don't last longer than a season (assuming you solely use the bat)

Exactly! Asian bats are softer pressed hence they crack longer. One of my clubmate had SS Matrixx last year and it broke towards the end of season. I firmly believe Asian bats don't last longer than a season (assuming you solely use the bat)
ahaha i like how you said "crack longer" :p

Are you talking about surface cracks or deep cracks?

Who is preparing these bats? Ive seen same model bat MRF's bought within a month of each other, one prepared well, still going strong (2+ years), the other lasted 4 matches.

Interested to hear any opinions on SM Pintu cricket bats, whats their pressing? handles etc

Hmmm. Looks like this Asian v English topic is debatable. Knightrider you have some really awesome bats right there. Im tempted to buy the Adidas ST but ill take Coverdrive's advice and buy a bat from England only because the Adidas may not suit me.

i would advise you to go for an Asian bat. SG and SS bats will last as long as English bats and perform as good if not better. also they will cost much less. CA TRD bats are awesome as well.

Adidas ensure that the bats are contract manufactured to a high quality level. so i would say, definitely go for that one.

i would advise you to go for an Asian bat. SG and SS bats will last as long as English bats and perform as good if not better. also they will cost much less. CA TRD bats are awesome as well.

Adidas ensure that the bats are contract manufactured to a high quality level. so i would say, definitely go for that one.

Im going pakistan in summer so i will be picking up a CA 12000 TRD defo and a MB malik Bubber Sher. Not so sure about SS and SG though.

mate as if adidas does that, adidas is mass produced. I have had mates who let me borrow their adidas bats and they for me, remind me of a dead plank

Who is preparing these bats? Ive seen same model bat MRF's bought within a month of each other, one prepared well, still going strong (2+ years), the other lasted 4 matches.

Interested to hear any opinions on SM Pintu cricket bats, whats their pressing? handles etc

SM has only started recently but initial reviews have been very good. they have got the team over from BDM. and being a new brand, their prices are, i think, slightly lesser than SS or SG.

Hmmm. Looks like this Asian v English topic is debatable. Knightrider you have some really awesome bats right there. Im tempted to buy the Adidas ST but ill take Coverdrive's advice and buy a bat from England only because the Adidas may not suit me.

Im going pakistan in summer so i will be picking up a CA 12000 TRD defo and a MB malik Bubber Sher. Not so sure about SS and SG though.

i am confused on two things:
1. i always thought suitability is decided by your own batting style. how did you arrive at the conclusion that the bat won't suit you?
2. you do realise that both CA and MB are non-English??

mate as if adidas does that, adidas is mass produced. I have had mates who let me borrow their adidas bats and they for me, remind me of a dead plank

so what if the bats are mass produced? mate it must def have been your batting as even the low range bats that i have seen like the ST Club also have been very good.

1. i always thought suitability is decided by your own batting style. how did you arrive at the conclusion that the bat won't suit you?
2. you do realise that both CA and MB are non-English??

1: I said it may not suit me. I dont want to be in a situation where i bought a bat from a different continent and end up having bat i may not play well with. In other words i dont want to take the risk.

2. I know CA and MB are asian. I never said i didnt like asian bats i said i want to buy a bat in England. well thats what i meant anyway.

you do realise that your points 1 and 2 are contradictory? anyway if you can go to a shop and pick up the bats and decide, then that is definitely better.

Adidas bats are made by SG, I think. I heard this from Knightrider in fact.

askmoi showed me SM and I don't know which one it is but they looked stunning!

what if a asian bat is pressed well ;)

Close to all are soft pressed.

BUT everyone has different opinions, Knightrider says SS & SG has best pressing while I differ.

I have seen lot of TRD and they are brilliant to be honest! So you will not go wrong with either CA and MB. Just a small complain regarding MB that there handles are weak whereas CA handles are the best in Pakistan I would say.

When you go to Pakistan make sure you try the bat and if it feels good then buy it don't buy because we are saying it is good :)

SM has only started recently but initial reviews have been very good. they have got the team over from BDM. and being a new brand, their prices are, i think, slightly lesser than SS or SG.

Sorry I didn't get it so BDM batmaker and other chaps went to SM and left BDM ? Or SM is BDM's smaller brand?

I think he is trying to say that what if the bat doesn't feel good for him, it is blind purchase buying off internet after all.

BDM is owned by a joint family. one of the current generations started the SM brand under his late father's name (who was the main guy at BDM). so he took the best people (batmaking) with him.

not yet. have it on my list along with the MIDS. if i can sell the kook. read your post on the black cat. you seem to be very happy with that. is it really better than all your other ones?

are malik bats legit manufactured by the company itself?

cause the adidas sachin tendulkar bats are manufactured by sg

and reebok bats are by ss

does malik sponser as well as manufactur its bats?

Yeah it does..

Its mainly these new European/American multinational companies who have very little idea about cricket but want to cash in the profits who outsource the production to other companies ad then put their lables on them

And im not sure abt adidias. IIRC the adidias the Aussie players use is manufactured by the company itself

Yes, MB Malik make bats and sponsor players too!

Back