"Those who cannot face criticism cannot achieve anything in the world": Mohammad Rizwan

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Rizwan is just praising chairman like "PLEASE do not kick me out of the team"

---------------------------------------
Mohammad Rizwan speaking during a presser:

“I have observed this chairman PCB (Mohsin Naqvi). If he is in America at night, he will be in Lahore in the morning. If he is in Lahore in the morning, he will be in Multan at night. If at night he is in Multan, in the morning he will be in Ireland.”

“Personally, I have found this chairman a hard worker. Whatever he said that there will be surgery in the team; after every World Cup event when you come back, there is a report that reviews the team. It’s not like that the chairman is doing it for the first time, this happens after every event and series.”

“He is the chairman and he has the right to it. If they fulfill their promise, they will fulfill their right to the chairmanship. He will definitely look at the team, bring up the best, and try to eliminate any shortcomings that arise.”
"There are talks of bias here, but for us, whenever we go on national duty, the only thing in front of us is the badge, not where we are from. When the National Anthem is being played in the ground, it creates a different atmosphere, no matter which team it is, not only against India. It is the most important thing for us. Whatever people have said, we don’t care.”

“Our elders have told us that those who cannot face criticism cannot achieve anything in the world. When everyone thinks that Pakistan is our priority, then it is not necessary for us to be from Lahore, Karachi, or Multan, wherever I am from. The power that Allah has given us, if we use it in the right place, no one can stop us. We should not get involved in these things. Let people say whatever they are saying."

Last edited:
Rizwan is just praising chairman like "PLEASE do not kick me out of the team"

---------------------------------------
Mohammad Rizwan speaking during a presser:

“I have observed this chairman PCB (Mohsin Naqvi). If he is in America at night, he will be in Lahore in the morning. If he is in Lahore in the morning, he will be in Multan at night. If at night he is in Multan, in the morning he will be in Ireland.”

“Personally, I have found this chairman a hard worker. Whatever he said that there will be surgery in the team; after every World Cup event when you come back, there is a report that reviews the team. It’s not like that the chairman is doing it for the first time, this happens after every event and series.”

“He is the chairman and he has the right to it. If they fulfill their promise, they will fulfill their right to the chairmanship. He will definitely look at the team, bring up the best, and try to eliminate any shortcomings that arise.”
I think you should share the video of this press conference and his extremely casual way of saying these things.

He knows him and Babar will come out unscathed from this debacle, whilst everyone else will be thrown under the bus. As if he knows he is a genuine World Class T20 player, and he isn’t really to blame.

I hope this delusion is shattered once and for all.

“Our elders have told us that those who cannot face criticism cannot achieve anything in the world

So, there has been clear criticism of your selfishness and style of play as a T20 opener for many years….what achievements have you made taking that criticism on board? You listen to criticism, ignore it and keep repeating the same nonsense approach?

His praise of the chairman show that there is something brewing behind the scenes.

Naqvi can't outright sack Babar. It will reflect badly on him because he is the one that brought him back.

It seems certain that Rizwan and Babar will be safe.

Actually makes me want to vomit when I listen to this guy. There is no bigger BS'er than this guy.

He's got all the words and zilch to back it up. So annoying.
He is just a reflection of the society that he represents. That’s why he is the ‘most loved’ Pakistani cricketer right now.

One of the few players whose place in the side cannot be questioned.
When you got players like shadab Ifti Azam in the team you don't blame Rizwan for all your losses.
India lost their top order for 30 in final still went on to score 176. Are there players in Pak side who can do that?
This comparison with top teams of the world is stupid. First we need to try and build a good side

One of the few players whose place in the side cannot be questioned.
I question it.

I FIRMLY claim he is one of the players who shouldn’t be in the side at all.

Let’s debate this, me and you. If you have the guts to step up to me on this!

Well no idea man, could you elaborate a bit when and where
It’s in his presser. He clearly said that a player who is a Muslim is an ambassador of Islam first and then Pakistan, also that they do not care about what people think.

If you can please go through his entire presser and then share the said comments on a separate thread. I’m about to go school on this guy tonight.

Well spoken, good comments made.

He is absolutely right that right now people are not happy and you have to face criticism and cant argue against it. The performance was poor and obviously they will be criticized for it. Now if someone wants to find issue with even this comment, than all i can say is get a life.

Hopefully he should be our new captain in the coming days, Inshallah

@FearlessRoar You made a thread once on Hindutva affecting Indian cricketers, we saw nothing of that sort after ICT win, please share your thoughts on this video.

“Jo aapke dilo main sawaal hai karain, koi issue nahi hai

Lekin aap log apne aap ko dekh le aapne kaha tak pohonchna hai bas”

What is this supposed to mean? Questions that favour your POV are asked with the correct intention?

oh man, a grown man being mentally bothered by a press conference by a celebrity that earns millions.

whatever he would had said, we know @Rana you would have an issue.

oh man, a grown man being mentally bothered by a press conference by a celebrity that earns millions.

whatever he would had said, we know @Rana you would have an issue.
Yeah he shouldn’t be allowed to talk

Don’t cry once you have another 9th May somewhere down the line

Yeah he shouldn’t be allowed to talk

Don’t cry once you have another 9th May somewhere down the line
yes a millionaire shouldnt be allowed to talk according to some guy who has to work 9-5 and doesnt like him.

He is a rich celebrity can talk whenever he wants

yes a millionaire shouldnt be allowed to talk according to some guy who has to work 9-5 and doesnt like him.

Some guy who works 9-5 shouldn’t tell me either about the opinion I am allowed to have.

Samajh ayi?

It’s in his presser. He clearly said that a player who is a Muslim is an ambassador of Islam first and then Pakistan, also that they do not care about what people think.

If you can please go through his entire presser and then share the said comments on a separate thread. I’m about to go school on this guy tonight.
Well I didn't find anything wrong here. Players can express their religious sentiments too.

Its for People of Pakistan to decide. If an international player like Rizwan considers himself an Islamic person representing Islam first and Pakistan second then a Hindu kid in Pakistan must know he is second class citizen.
Which I will not accept for that Hindu kid

Is there anything wrong in that? Pakistan was built because of Islam so isn't every Pakistani ab ambassador of Islam?
Pakistan was built for the Muslims of the subcontinent....not for Islam. It is a subtle difference.

Of course every person is by default an ambassador for their religion because of their conduct. It is a silly statement to make. You are an ambassador for your religion and I am for mine.

But on the cricket field it doesn't matter what religion you are. They are their to play cricket not to think of themselves as religious emissaries.

Pakistan was built for the Muslims of the subcontinent....not for Islam. It is a subtle difference.

Of course every person is by default an ambassador for their religion because of their conduct. It is a silly statement to make. You are an ambassador for your religion and I am for mine.

But on the cricket field it doesn't matter what religion you are. They are their to play cricket not to think of themselves as religious emissaries.
That's what Rizwan thinks then. Who will question him on that in Pakistan?

That's what Rizwan thinks then. Who will question him on that in Pakistan?
Most people are able to see through this type of religious camouflage but it is a difficult concept to take on openly.

You will find most of the people, even those that are religious, get sick and tired of players hiding behind religion. But yeah, it's difficult to criticism it openly on TV and stuff because the opposite side can easily stir emotions.

This guy and his dramabaazi. Holier than thou statements and backstabbing from the back. If he took criticism the right way- pct would have been in much better shape. Let's see how he takes criticism if he's dropped from the team. Yeah i dont think so. He will go all ballistic in his statements then.

And praising naqvi for waht?? For flying business class lol?? Prople would die to enjoy naqvis benefits. Just shows the mentality of rizwan to suck up to anyone if he gets his wishes granted.

And his religion insertion into everything is just a cop out. If you are a USA or Ind player- i dont want them to be a pastor mullal or priest - i want them to be the best cricketer they can be and help win trophies. All this extra religious piousness feels fake when you are not doing the job that you are representing your country for. In my experience- guys who do the extra fake exaggerated holier than thou perfect stuff- these gus do te worst things behind close doors. You dont need to chest thump - if you are good people will know it simple. If not- they will know it either way.

@FearlessRoar You made a thread once on Hindutva affecting Indian cricketers, we saw nothing of that sort after ICT win, please share your thoughts on this video.
Is Hindutva same as Hinduism? Hindutva is a discriminatory political ideology as far as I know. Hinduism is a religion and all religions stand for peace and brotherhood

Is Hindutva same as Hinduism? Hindutva is a discriminatory political ideology as far as I know. Hinduism is a religion and all religions stand for peace and brotherhood
And it is controversial yes but there is distinction between Hinduism and Hindutva, the one I quoted picked on Indian team just for thanking Hindu God after a win and declared it as Hindutva. A whole thread on it in TP.

You understand what you're doing is celebrity worship right? And it reflects poorly on you as a character?

Rizwan earns millions because he's born in pakistan and got front lined into the team not based on merit but based on being a member of Misbah's Group back in SNGPL.

And don't deny this, because I saw your comment on imran khan jnr being a nobody but then getting called up by Misbah.

It is a known fact that Misbah calls up people like Usman khan Shinwari, Imran khan jnr, Rizwan to the team without any merit and its also a known fact that Misbah sidelines people like fakhar, Sarfraz for his own buddies.

The only difference is that rizwan and chacha came during the coaching and captaincy stint while the others came when he was captain and didn't have much power on retaining people besides asad shafiq at the time.

If I was a born a son of A billionaire, then I'd automatically have more money then rizwan or anyone else however I didn't earn it, I'm a billionaire by virtue of having a father who is one not because I built a billion dollar valuation company

Same is for rizwan, He's a millionaire based of the virtue of being a misbah friend at the time he was a coach and captain. He's not a millionaire by merit or virtue, Such is life.

If this was a proper board like CA, then simply put Rizwan, Babar, Misbah, And anyone else wouldn't ever see the light of day

The Hindus are reduced to 2 percent of population and will reduce further. I don't think they matter in Pakistan given how Kaneria was treated.
Nice try.

Kaneria was fixing in england, got caught, he played victim by using every card he had

There's an ancient Arab proverb sourced from Authentic Hadith that goes somewhere along the lines of:

"Be wary of the man who speaks of his religion with his tongue."

Rizwan uses religion as a shield to escape accountability. If he's so into his deen, he should become a preacher. If he's given any sort of leadership position, talk about a huge step backwards (i.e., to the time of Inzi, where if you didn't pray, you weren't selected). The rot within this team is so deep, I would be happy if we lose the next ten years if it means cleaning house with this entire XI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually makes me want to vomit when I listen to this guy. There is no bigger BS'er than this guy.

He's got all the words and zilch to back it up. So annoying.
Hate to say it, but he is a total munafiq of the highest order. The whole team are biggest brown nosers going and know which tune to sing. totally hate this team and its bullfaeces culture. Just completely rotten, top to bottom, inside and out.

I just wanna put this out their, Rizwan's analogy is totally wrong.

You can face criticism by simply ignoring it, that's an options. Azam khan ignores his critics about his weight 24/7, however that doesn't mean he has or will achieve anything in international cricket or that he'll magically get slimmer.

You face your criticism by proving your critics wrong plain and simple.

If rizwan, Naqvi, Babar etc etc want to prove their critics wrong then win cups, Bat like proper openers in t20 and middle order in odi, be a proper captain, play for your country and actually give the loyal fans what they want, and that's a respectful tournament at the very least which doesn't involve you losing to USA and getting booted out by them of all teams.

What kind of joke is this?

No one is questioning his religious beliefs. He is being rightfully criticized as well as his team mates for their performances of the last couple of years.

These players need a change of mentality & until they are brought to their aurkat, only then will they realise the opportunity of playing for Pakistan & not getting paid for representing Pakistan.

Seriously the culling needs to be happening with these players, PCB, Management & Pakistan media who are supportive of players/team.

He might not sound very intelligent but Only guy in the Pak team who walks into all 3 formats. Babar is not good for t20 and Shaheen or most current Pak bowlers are not red ball material even though gun white ball bowlers. Thats my view. Dont bite me.

However the only way he can unite or motivate a team is if he becomes a captain is religion. No comments on how I think that will end up as it’s sensitive topic

Having said that clutch player though regardless of the recent results. It will be foolish to drop him.

He is absolutely right that right now people are not happy and you have to face criticism and cant argue against it. The performance was poor and obviously they will be criticized for it. Now if someone wants to find issue with even this comment, than all i can say is get a life.

Go one better, why dont you become the captain.

Words are easy to say, they don’t cost anything. Back it up with action then we’ll see.

I’m an older than him so I’ll consider myself in “elder” and I saw you were rubbish in the world up and the one before and you should be kicked out of the team.

Is there anything wrong in that? Pakistan was built because of Islam so isn't every Pakistani ab ambassador of Islam?
No, they represent themselves only. Islam does not need greedy selfish indulgence behaviour. Stop tarnishing people with your saffron tinted lens

If the Pakistan cricket setup (domestics etc) was professional and competitive like other countries then we would never have to tolerate such bs. They know the cupboard is bare and thus have zero incentive or worry. These guys will be staying put. Such shameless attributes.

Its for People of Pakistan to decide. If an international player like Rizwan considers himself an Islamic person representing Islam first and Pakistan second then a Hindu kid in Pakistan must know he is second class citizen.
All Pakistanis are second class citizens in Pakistan. The only first class ones are those currenty in power and their family and their cronies and their bootlickers yada yada. You have zero clue how life is in Pakistan. Stick to lynching

Why do they always play the religion card?! Its a sport game.

Rizwan and co played several ICC tournaments and Asia cups as well, they did not even win a single one. Time is up, please leave Pak cricket alone.

He might not sound very intelligent but Only guy in the Pak team who walks into all 3 formats. Babar is not good for t20 and Shaheen or most current Pak bowlers are not red ball material even though gun white ball bowlers. Thats my view. Dont bite me.

However the only way he can unite or motivate a team is if he becomes a captain is religion. No comments on how I think that will end up as it’s sensitive topic

Having said that clutch player though regardless of the recent results. It will be foolish to drop him.
LOL clutch player who played a brainless leg side hack to the best fast bowler in the world. When the only thing he had to do is block a couple of deliveries.

He did some buttering in that press conference. Naqvi would be happy. Captaincy coming his way.

Him being a captain is equivalent to "no change."

Might as well keep Babar then.

These Pakistani players always become philosophical after an embarrassing series. These comments from Rizwan aren’t surprising but there’s a need for an adult in the room to set things right. Unfortunately, this adult person doesn’t exist in Pakistan.

So, there has been clear criticism of your selfishness and style of play as a T20 opener for many years….what achievements have you made taking that criticism on board? You listen to criticism, ignore it and keep repeating the same nonsense approach?

He is just a reflection of the society that he represents. That’s why he is the ‘most loved’ Pakistani cricketer right now.
Give the guy a break man ...you're just obsessed with Riz and Babar.

LOL clutch player who played a brainless leg side hack to the best fast bowler in the world. When the only thing he had to do is block a couple of deliveries.
It’s only hindsight. On that pitch everyone was swinging blindly even from Indian side because it was not easy to survive there. He could get caught behind just trying to play out Bumrah too. maybe it was a mistake but overall he is a very sensible player and probably top notch temperament in the Pakistani side. I personally think making him captain is not a good idea for Pak team however as a player I don’t think there is a more mentally tough and calm cricketer than Rizwan in Pak. Everyone else is capable of cracking under pressure.

He sounds extremely cunning.

Absolute trainwreck of a press conference.

Rizwan has entered the arena to challenge Wahab Riaz as the best weightlifter in the country.

Nice try.

Kaneria was fixing in england, got caught, he played victim by using every card he had
Nice try.. Shoaib Akthar has confirmed that Pakistan players considered him untouchable and were not ready to sit with a Hindu on the same table to eat food.

What Rizwan said is not surprising. Pakistani players have been linking religion to cricket since time immemorial.

“I don’t consider cricket with India as a game but as Jihad for Kashmir,’’ : Imran Khan

Mushtaq Mohammed, the then Pakistan cricket team captain, after Pakistan’s victory in the test series, went on record to say the win was “victory of Muslims all over the world over Hindus.’’

Shahid Afridi, former Pakistan cricket captain, was on camera boasting about breaking a television set at home after he saw his daughter imitate Aarti on TV in an Indian television serial.

Rawalpindi Express Shoaib Akhtar was on camera talking about Ghazwa-e-Hind and Muslims attacking Kashmir and the rest of India to establish an empire from Attock to Cuttack.

So Rizwan is just following the footsteps.. to be a true Ambassador of Islam in country like Pakistan and side step any criticism.

Walks in? So we are Uganda’s level?
The other keeping options I have seen from Pakistan are
Azam Khan
Sarfaraz
Umar Akmal
I think Haider Ali if I am not confusing him with some one else:

Full disclaimer, I have nothing at stake here personal either ways but as a plain cricket fan I can tell you that current day Rizwan is leagues ahead as a cricketer than any of those above names. Am I way too off here?

Obviously I am not aware if there is an exciting young prodigy in Pakistan domestics who is better than Rizwan.

Also no Pakistan is not Uganda level. It’s a good upper mid-tier team in white ball and lower mid tier-team in red ball which means a very decent team.

The other keeping options I have seen from Pakistan are
Azam Khan
Sarfaraz
Umar Akmal
I think Haider Ali if I am not confusing him with some one else:

Full disclaimer, I have nothing at stake here personal either ways but as a plain cricket fan I can tell you that current day Rizwan is leagues ahead as a cricketer than any of those above names. Am I way too off here?

Obviously I am not aware if there is an exciting young prodigy in Pakistan domestics who is better than Rizwan.

Also no Pakistan is not Uganda level. It’s a good upper mid-tier team in white ball and lower mid tier-team in red ball which means a very decent team.
There is Rohail Nazir which @Junaids had pointed out. He is supposed to be much better then Pant/Dhoni etc. Wonder where he is these days.

I'm surprised he didn't take a 5-minute injury break during the press conference. :yk

In all seriousness, when nothing else works bring religion into your answer. One of the most bizarre core group of Pakistani players ever. Nothing will change until one or two of them get dropped.

How these players are tolerated by the fan base is beyond me.

There is no proven alternative to Rizwan right now so he will be in the side but he's one of the most inauthentic cricketers in the Pakistan team. everything is driven by a PR agenda.

Rizwan trying to get away with the surgery that many are assuming will be done on this team. Nothing to worry about, nothing is going to happen.

This presser was more of a buttering than anything serious.

Back