Umar Akmal claims there is a conspiracy to keep him out of team in Twitter rant [PCB response #75]

TQ89

Tape Ball Captain
Runs
Somebody just shared umar akmal's twitter rant with me. The dude should officially be declared bonkers.

In it he first asks inzi bhai to swear on quran that mickey didn't abuse him when they were in inzi's room and then in series of tweets he lays out a story of how mickey arthur had a dummy fitness test in england just for the sole purpose of outing him. My god this is a new low even for guy like him

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">قرآن پاک پر ہا تھ رکھ کر مشتاق اور انضمام کہہ دیں کہ مکی آرتھر نے گالیاں نہیں دیں تو میں پی سی بی اور ساری قوم سے سر عام معافی مانگ لوں گا</p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898261615249809408">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"If Inzi and Mushy put their hands on the Quran and swear that Mickey Arthur didn't abuse then I will apologise to PCB and the rest of the nation straight away"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">تین چار سالوں سے مجھے ایک منصوبے کے تحت کرکٹ سے باہر کیا جا رہا ہے۔میری آخری سلیکشن سے یہ چیز صاف صاف ظاہر ہوتی ہے1/10</p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898263560006107137">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"Since 3 or 4 years, there's been a conspiracy to keep me out of the team. My last selection clearly proved this."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">نیشنل کرکٹ اکیڈمی میں میرا فٹنس ٹیسٹ ہوا تھا جس میں مجھے چیمپیئنز ٹرافی کے لئے سلیکٹ کیاگیا 2/10</p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898264624029741056">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"I had a fitness test at the NCA after which I was selected for the Champions Trophy."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">یہاں ایک بات صاف صاف ظاہر ہے کہ چیف سلیکٹر انضمام الحق کی نیت صاف تھی اس لئے انہوں نے مجھے سلیکٹ کیا3/10</p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898264033567973376">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"One thing is apparent here - Chief Selector Inzamam-ul-Haq had pure intentions that is why he selected me."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">مگر افسوس جب میں انگلینڈ پہنچا تو مکی آرتھر نے ایک منصوبے کے تحت ساری ٹیم کا ڈمی ٹیسٹ لیا اور مجھے ان فٹ کہہ کر واپس بھیج دیا 4/10</p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898265001126907904">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"But alas, when I reached England, according to a plan, Mickey Arthur took a dummy fitness test and declared me unfit and sent me back."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">یہاں میرا شک ایک بار پھر یقین میں بدل گیا کہ میرے خلاف سازش ہو رہی ہے۔5/10</p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898265140360904704">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"Here my suspicion that there is a conspiracy against me was proved correct."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">ساری ٹیم ویسٹ انڈیز سے کھیل کر آرہی تھی کیا تب مکی آرتھر کو علم نہیں تھا کہ کون فٹ ہے اور کون نہیں? 6/10</p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898265352173481988">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"The whole team had returned after a series from West Indies - Did Mickey Arthur not know at the time who was fit and who wasn't?"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">یہ فٹنس ٹیسٹ اس لئے کیا گیا کیونکہ مجھے ان فٹ کرنا تھا اور واپس بھیجنا تھا۔7/10</p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898265803094675457">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"This fitness test was conducted so that they could declare me unfit and send me back."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">یہاں ایک بات جو بہت ضروری ہے اور میری بات کو سچ ثابت کرتی ہے کہ جب میرا فٹنس ٹیسٹ شروع ہوا8/10</p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898267065663995905">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"Here it's important to point out and validate what I've been saying that when my fitness test began...."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">تو یحیٰ حسینی جو کہ اعلیٰ پایہ کے صحافی اور اینکر ہیں انہوں نے کہا کہ عمر یہ لوگ آپ کو واپس بھیجنا چاہتے ہیں 9/10 <a href="https://twitter.com/SYahyaHussaini">@SYahyaHussaini</a></p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898267638178226180">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"Yahya Hussaini, who is a well known anchor and journalist said that Umar, these people want to send you back"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">کیونکہ اگر تم ٹیم میں رہے تو اظہر علی یا حفیظ دونوں میں سے ایک باہر بیٹھے گا۔ اس لئے یہ لوگ نہیں چاہتے کہ تم ٹیم میں رہو10 <a href="https://twitter.com/SYahyaHussaini">@SYahyaHussaini</a></p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898269337232060416">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"....(YH said) Because if you stayed in the team, either Azhar Ali or Hafeez will be benched. This is why these people don't want you to remain in the team."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">میرے اوپر جو بھی الزامات لگاِئے جاتے ہیں انشا اللہّ آئندہ انکی تفصیل دوں گا۔</p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898270054118240257">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"I will be providing details about all the accusations that have been levelled against me in the future Insha'Allah"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="ur" dir="rtl">میری جو بھی غلطیاں ہیں انشا اللہّ انہیں دور کر کے چھوڑوں گا۔ لیکن میرے ساتھ سیاست اور جھوٹ سچ ملا کر مجھے ختم نہ کیا جائے</p>— Umar Akmal (@Umar96Akmal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Umar96Akmal/status/898274111268499458">August 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

"I will do my best to overcome all my shortcomings insha'Allah but I shouldn't be made a victim of politics and lies."

Last edited by a moderator:
Disgusting. Don't want to see this guy near the team again. This guy has some guts, taking names of respected players like Azhar and Hafeez. What an absolute fool. People in the other thread were right. He needs to see a psychiatrist.

Umar needs to rethink if these tweets are actually solving his problems or increasing them?

Best soap opera in the world today. . . please carry on Umar. Also someone please translate the rest of them ASAP..

Last edited:
This guy is the biggest tool I've ever seen.

Absolute clown

Hope this ends his career

There's a fitness before EVERY series - either you pass it or you don't. Simple as.

This guy needs a slap around the head. Wonder how folks like MRSN will defend this.

It just tells his mental state.

In his own mind he has such delusions of grandeur about him that he thinks theres some grand conspiracy going on against him. Same with Ahmed Shehzad.

He is a two bit player with trash batting skills and even worse temperament.

The fact that he just thinks of pulling these antics should mean the end of his career.

What we do know is that this mediocre cricketer will certainly not be missed.

In his own mind he has such delusions of grandeur about him that he thinks theres some grand conspiracy going on against him. Same with Ahmed Shehzad.

The fact that he just thinks of pulling these antics should mean the end of his career.

Shehzad doesn't humiliate himself like this though :)) Umar is on another planet when it comes to being a nutter

Disgraceful trying to play Mickey Arthur and Inzamam-ul-Haq off against each other. Inzy is not a fool and will see what Akmal's doing.

Unfortunately he'll never face any real consequences. Even if he doesn't play for the national team, he'll pick up a nice paycheck from PSL and globetrotting off to any other T20 league happy to have him.

Hope this "I gain weight when I drink water" never represents Pakistan again.

For some Pakistani celebs giving them twitter accounts is akin to giving small children matches.
Whether its politics or cricket the brazen immaturity and hollow allegations just carry on and carry on

I wonder if he believes the earth is flat or Tupac is still alive. He ain't Mitch of a tactician tbh. Going after the coach who won us a champions trophy is hardly intelligent.

His only way out is to say he was hacked and these wild accusations were made by hackers. Then go and be the bigger and wiser man and apologise for his public comments and come to an agreement with MA to put this behind them.

He'll announce retirement shortly like Afridi did when he had his issues with PCB.

You heard it hear first. :salute

I wonder if he believes the earth is flat or Tupac is still alive. He ain't Mitch of a tactician tbh. Going after the coach who won us a champions trophy is hardly intelligent.

His only way out is to say he was hacked and these wild accusations were made by hackers. Then go and be the bigger and wiser man and apologise for his public comments and come to an agreement with MA to put this behind them.

I think he s gone past the point of no return [even by Pakistani standards]

"How To End Your Career In 10 Minutes" by Umar Akmal.

Instant best-seller.

When the PCB gave him 7 days to respond to the Showcause notice, I dont think they expected this reply!

Good Luck to Najam Sethi in dealing with UA.

Compare this to someone like Fawad Alam, who is ousted from the team but still chooses to keep mum about what happened to him.

If there is a conspiracy against Umar I dunno how he managed to play so many games despite obvious deficiencies in his attitude.

This guy just put Hafeez and Azhar Ali under the bus in his spite... this rant won't go well with his team members

Yahya Hussaini, king of lobby. The guy has high sources, and is the first name that comes up when you want tabloid journalism regarding cricket...

If Yahya put Umar Akmal upto this.... then I am certain he did this to sell his news and gain TRP, and Umar was stupid enough to believe his rant will get him to play for Pakistan himself, he has been thrown under the bus by Hussaini. Who has done this to others as well in his time

Can anyone tell me what's going on inside umers mind?

Because I can't imagine anyone doing this much of stupidity in such a small amount of time even when he or she is at nursery schools.

Rejection by your Own is hard to stomach !!!!!! Every moment of the day, he is burning himself from the inside. How tragic !!!!!!!!

This has to be the final nail in the coffin for his entire career. I don't think he can make a comeback after this.

The only thing keeping Umar out of the Pakistan team is his big belly, terrible batting skills and poor temperament. Oh wait, forgot the biggest reason, water!:afridi

I am not even feeling sorry for Umar now. How can someone be this dumb?
He was given 7 days to reply the show-cause notice and he anwsered it with this twitter rant.

And this Yahya guy is very dangerous. Our players should stay away from him. Dangerous guys can do anything for ratings.

We will never see Umar in Pakistan jersey again, we don't need guys like him around ruining the vibe of a newly built team.

Not sure if it's satire thread or not, but if it's true then I have to suggest people around him to keep any connected device away from him ........ when he is enjoying his evening, and don't return it back before 2 mugs of double black Starbuck (without sugar or cream), after a good round of sleep.

Someone should bump that kamran akmal thread now. Where he says he dont know why his brother is picked on.

I await kamrans press conference after this fiasco. Wonder how wil he defend his brother

As the saying goes... the baby which cries a lot gets the milk... this unfortunately has been true for many Pakistani cricketers who don't llay for the ciuntry but for themselves only. Umar is simply following in the foot steps of younis khan. I hope pcb shuts him out for good, he's taking shots at players who are way above his pay grade.

Some serious allegations...and he provided some names...so easy to verify his claims...

That fitness test was a ploy by Mickey and he is notorious for such games.
Good for UA to put him on the spot.

The past 5 years of rejection lack of promotion is haunting Umar Akmal now.
Rejected by Misbah in tests then ODIs then by Waqar aswell now fitness issues and rejection by Mickey or maybe more to do with fitness.
By now at 27 he should've been a mainstay in all formats it's time to grow up for him he's not the youngster anymore.

This is actually a problem Umer shares with Kamran. Both of them believe that they are far better than they actually are and both say really very strange things. Umer is history repeating itself.

Do you remember when Kamran used to keep wickets for Pakistan and in one series in Aus, he dropped anything and everything? Kamran came out with similar ridiculous statements, not in any real sense acknowledging his failures as a keeper. Umer on the other hand says the exact same things, but about his fitness. They both need psychiatric help.

Kamran still comes out with these stupid statements - he's recently said that he is ready to fill the void left by Younus Khan :))

I believe, I can sense the insights - here is my understanding of the story.

Inzi & Mickey is together here. When Arthur was in WI with PAK team, Inzi was forced (from external pressure) to include UA in the CT team, but he informed Arthur about it and said that he was forced to select Umar. So, Arthur decided to pull down the bully putting himself on firing line - he arranged a fitness test & sent Umar back on official record. Now, that fitness test was done in front of media (open door) by professionals who are associated with PAK team & appointed by PCB, therefore the bully (Umar's lobby) couldn't do much and he (the bully) informed Umar that it's Arthur behind it - he can't do much as long as Arthur is in charge, and now that he (Arthur) has won the CT, it's not feasible to put pressure on him.

Hence, Umar has every rage on Arthur - but, once he mentioned Inzi (& others) as testimony, they simply declined to back him (& probably told him not to indulge their names) - hence this is the last resort outburst. Being from Punjab (Lahore), I probably can smell who had been behind Umar's power so far, but now that family is under deeper trouble than backing a cricketer, but I won't claim anything without evidence and I know very little about PAK's internal politics to speak in this regard.

You performed poorly time and again and this is why they don't want you in the team, if you score the runs then there wouldn't be an issue.

Inzi & Mickey is together here. When Arthur was in WI with PAK team, Inzi was forced (from external pressure) to include UA in the CT team, but he informed Arthur about it and said that he was forced to select Umar. So, Arthur decided to pull down the bully putting himself on firing line - he arranged a fitness test & sent Umar back on official record. Now, that fitness test was done in front of media (open door) by professionals who are associated with PAK team & appointed by PCB, therefore the bully (Umar's lobby) couldn't do much and he (the bully) informed Umar that it's Arthur behind it - he can't do much as long as Arthur is in charge, and now that he (Arthur) has won the CT, it's not feasible to put pressure on him.

Hence, Umar has every rage on Arthur - but, once he mentioned Inzi (& others) as testimony, they simply declined to back him (& probably told him not to indulge their names) - hence this is the last resort outburst. Being from Punjab (Lahore), I probably can smell who had been behind Umar's power so far, but now that family is under deeper trouble than backing a cricketer, but I won't claim anything without evidence and I know very little about PAK's internal politics to speak in this regard.

I have heard rumours of him going to raiwind to meet the politician before the world cup

I don't know why you are afraid to mention that the rumors suggest that the political source damaad of khaadim-e-aalaa is behind akmals.

You seriously think after years of failed opportunities, both akmals would still play for pak for so many years.

Because of the political corrupt force, both brother were untouchable despite their failures. I mean the guy played almost 200 games for pak with not even 10% performance.

I am afraid and i wish i am wrong, umar and kamran will be in the setup for future. A slight slap on wrist might be possible only.

Some serious allegations...and he provided some names...so easy to verify his claims...

Arrh yes of course..

I could bet my top dollar that this guy views yahyah hussaini as a top expert

That's weird. In his rant for the cameras earlier in the day, Umar acknowledged that he has poor fitness. Now he seems to be saying that the whole fitness thing was fabricated to keep him out of the side.

Man do Pakistani arguments literally always get so emotional or is it just the media ones.

I swear to christ every time anything happens someone brings in personal honour, families, the Quran, ancestry, swearing or hell even Jinnah himself.Normally then someone threatens to strangle the other, two days of peace pass then their respective PR guys type up some document and how religious they are and forgiveness yada yada yad

Said it from day 1. Guy's intelligence levels are scarily low. Almost feel for him dunno how much of it is his fault.

Mom mom woh banda mujhaay gandaay gandaay naamon sai gaaliyaan dai raha tha...mein to lutta gaya, meri izzat to kahin ki nahin rahi LOL

to be honest, he maybe not that far off when he says Mickey wants him out of the team and fitness test was conducted with him as the target...

but Umar doesn't have a leg to stand on either, he IS overweight, and he ISN'T scoring runs

Best thing happened to Pakistani cricket since he became a coach of PCB
Thank you Mickey

A wasted talent and a career filled with self-destruction. What a fitting end to his career.

I don't know why you are afraid to mention that the rumors suggest that the political source damaad of khaadim-e-aalaa is behind akmals.

You seriously think after years of failed opportunities, both akmals would still play for pak for so many years.

Because of the political corrupt force, both brother were untouchable despite their failures. I mean the guy played almost 200 games for pak with not even 10% performance.

I am afraid and i wish i am wrong, umar and kamran will be in the setup for future. A slight slap on wrist might be possible only.

I just don't want to hurt anyone - there are posters here with different political ideology. But, it's certain that Akmal bros has political backups, otherwise one doesn't become so reckless - this is probably after the strong cautions from Chairman PCB, who himself has political blessings.

Needs to see some buzurgh I think, we are past the psychiatrist stage.

Has lost the plot completely.

I remember years back people thought he'd be the next Sachin or Viv.

Right now he is going to go down as our Brittany Spears, rivaling her for most self destructive spree.

Man do Pakistani arguments literally always get so emotional or is it just the media ones.

I swear to christ every time anything happens someone brings in personal honour, families, the Quran, ancestry, swearing or hell even Jinnah himself.Normally then someone threatens to strangle the other, two days of peace pass then their respective PR guys type up some document and how religious they are and forgiveness yada yada yad

Lol, you have no idea. :))

BTW...This entire rant has Yahya Hussani written all over it.

I can bet a lot of money that Umer might not even have the login credentials to his verified twitter account. Everyone knows he as dumb as they come (and this is putting it respectfully I presume) which is why I think that certain people are using him to forward an agenda.

That doesn't necessarily excuse him of this entire sharade and his career should end effective immediately but I know this for a fact that some people (especially those who come on as 'experts' on GEO) cannot swallow the success of Micky Arthur and are basically trying all their connected avenues to oust him of the Job.

People like Qadir, S.Nawaz, Bakht, Yousuf, Shoaib (to a certain extent) and Yahya (as he doesn't get his masala news pieces like he used to under previous coaches) are all as we speak lobbying for make him go away.

To Micky Arthur and his Support Staff:

Arthur I am aware you and your support staff read this occassionally and if you guys happen to come across this thread I would like to advise you to stay away from GEO media group for as long as you can and instruct your support staff and selection committie to isolate them effective immediately. Do not feed them any news nor give them any interviews for that matter. I won't ask you to make this an SOP since that would be discrimination however just decline any interview offers or interaction that these people would ask you to be a part of.

You guys also need to understand that you will be pressurized from external forces massively under the regime of Najam Sethi as he was / is on very good terms with the Jang group and their senior management. This is the publication group that own the GEO news network so no matter how much they try to arm twist you PLEASE DO NOT GIVE IN to that corrupt individual - I understand he might be your boss but if he threatens you then go public or contact this discussion forum (Pakpassion), we will spread it like wildfire.

Stay safe and Good Luck for the future, I hope we can inshallah win the 2019 WC as well.

Sincerely
Waqas

Guys !! We gotta make sure this reaches Micky !! Spread the word !!

What is he smoking. Azhar is an opener. Why would he sit out for Akmal who is a middle order batsman.

With his batting and bowling the national treasure, Hafeez wipes the floor with Akmal.

Their place was never in danger because of him.

It's fun

The Premeditated Wonder needs to be banned from domestic also

What an idiot.

There clearly was a conspiracy six years ago to chuck him out, but he is making it easier and easier now to dump him when there obviously isn't now.

He's very similar to Trump: someone needs to stop him from tweeting self-sabotaging garbage.

lol this is true, unfortunately.

What an idiot.

There clearly was a conspiracy six years ago to chuck him out, but he is making it easier and easier now to dump him when there obviously isn't now.

He's very similar to Trump: someone needs to stop him from tweeting self-sabotaging garbage.

There was no conspiracy

Only conspiracy which chucked him out was his inability to contstuct an innings which is why barring his first test, his Test average was in 20s

What an idiot.

Very true. Umar Akmal just made things hard for himself and his fans with this nonsense.

You fight when pushed to the wall not collapse like a chicken. Umar Akmal surely doesn't take wise man's advise.

There was no conspiracy

Only conspiracy which chucked him out was his inability to contstuct an innings which is why barring his first test, his Test average was in 20s

There is truth to injustice done with him under Misbah period but no excuses for not putting up hardwork and make strong comeback.

I am sure Pakistan cricket fans and cricket fans elsewhere enjoy following these things a lot.

But even by the standards Umar is a tool of a different level. I mean who claims that you become fat by drinking water

This guy is an absolute disgrace.He's the only one responsible for this situation he is in.

Him and Kami should be kept out of the setup for good.

I was probably his biggest fan and also created the first thread on him and that was 8 years ago. Had this idiot focussed on his cricket and only cricket he would have been one of the best in world. Anyways he has lost it completely now and the further away he stays from team the better it is.

looks like someone forgot their tin foil at home.

also yahya is such a player. he has played junior to get right up there in news and ratings and what not. why can't someone ban yahya?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I interviewed Mickey Arthur in England before <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CT17?src=hash">#CT17</a> He clearly stated that all the squad had fitness tests not just Umar Akmal <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/898477169629966336">August 18, 2017</a></blockquote>

Hope Kami chips in as well,been missing him.
How does Babe deal with his cousins?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I interviewed Mickey Arthur in England before <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CT17?src=hash">#CT17</a> He clearly stated that all the squad had fitness tests not just Umar Akmal <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/898477169629966336">August 18, 2017</a></blockquote>

Sounds like Saj is part of the conspiracy against Akmal too. Sad! :)

Its got to a stage where i'd be disappointed if there wasn't a conspiracy against him.....

PCB responds to Umar Akmal's Twitter-based allegations

LAHORE August 18: The PCB strongly condemns the reckless statements made by batsman Umar Akmal with regards to his omission from the ICC Champions Trophy squad.

While making frivolous allegations against the national team management, Umar has made a bogus attempt to deviate attention from his own failings. Umar was given as many as seven chances to improve his fitness and match the standards of his teammates, laid out by the team management.

Umar was given a program to improve his fitness like other players before the West Indies tour and after he failed the tests in Lahore, he was left out of the team.

After clearing another test before the squad selection on eve of the ICC Champions Trophy in England, Umar was included in the eventual 15 member squad.

The PCB wants to stress that the team trainer conducts fitness tests of squad members before each international assignment and the tests before the Champions Trophy were conducted as a continuation of the policy.

Once again Umar failed to attain the desired level of fitness and the team management was left with no option but to drop him from the squad.

Head Coach Mickey Arthur had placed Umar in his white ball format plans and gave him repeated chances for redemption, unfortunately though the batsman remained incapable of reaching the requisite fitness level.

The PCB awaits his response to the show cause issued to him yesterday and hopes that in the meantime, the batsman will refrain from making baseless allegations.

http://www.pcb.com.pk/press-release-detail/pcb-strongly-refutes-umar-akmal-s-allegations.html

PCB strikes back. Umar Akmal's position now becoming untenable to put it mildly.

Excellent PCB press release.

Don't get sucked into an argument with this idiot.

He's out of the team, leave the onus on him to get fit and score some runs.

Excellent PCB press release.

Don't get sucked into an argument with this idiot.

He's out of the team, leave the onus on him to get fit and score some runs.

It's safe to say his career has ended and Mickey Arther will not want to deal with such a toxic liability

The issue between Kohli and Kumble looks like peanuts now...

LAHORE August 18: The PCB strongly condemns the reckless statements made by batsman Umar Akmal with regards to his omission from the ICC Champions Trophy squad.

While making frivolous allegations against the national team management, Umar has made a bogus attempt to deviate attention from his own failings. Umar was given as many as seven chances to improve his fitness and match the standards of his teammates, laid out by the team management.

Umar was given a program to improve his fitness like other players before the West Indies tour and after he failed the tests in Lahore, he was left out of the team.

After clearing another test before the squad selection on eve of the ICC Champions Trophy in England, Umar was included in the eventual 15 member squad.

The PCB wants to stress that the team trainer conducts fitness tests of squad members before each international assignment and the tests before the Champions Trophy were conducted as a continuation of the policy.

Once again Umar failed to attain the desired level of fitness and the team management was left with no option but to drop him from the squad.

Head Coach Mickey Arthur had placed Umar in his white ball format plans and gave him repeated chances for redemption, unfortunately though the batsman remained incapable of reaching the requisite fitness level.

The PCB awaits his response to the show cause issued to him yesterday and hopes that in the meantime, the batsman will refrain from making baseless allegations.

http://www.pcb.com.pk/press-release-detail/pcb-strongly-refutes-umar-akmal-s-allegations.html

I think this is the best way to explain Umar Akmal. Bogus.

Back