Umesh Yadav Performance Watch

He bowled 10 overs on the trot in 35 degree heat, on the flattest of a track as ROI amassed 663 runs on the same pitch, and still clocked 140 in his 10th over.

Good speed, but he was awful against Zimbabwe.

Better than Vinay Kumar, I suppose. :))

Good weldone

now what?

make sure u dnt over ball him on those dead pitches might be the end of him aswel

Good weldone

now what?

make sure u dnt over ball him on those dead pitches might be the end of him aswel

ya..that is the issue with Indian captains. They do not know how to handle a genuine fast bowler and not bowl him to dust, like Parthiv Patel did yesterday, bowled him 10 over on the trot that was a bit hard i would say, but he showed stamina and will to bowl fast through his spell.

He is very young and is learning. Cricketers learn as they play more. Zim tour was a learning curve for him.

Yes, this is indeed true.

He has a lot of room to grow and age is on his side. The pace is there and that should win him a spot.

Looked good in the video. A positive considering the pitch conditions.

Don't know what happens to them once they get selected for national team

umesh is faster than varun aaron in this match :19:
his foot is well behind the front crease when he bowls, will be faster if he corrects that.

10 over spell in Jaipur is a fast bowler killer :facepalm:

[utube]pxVtDRKNEYE[/utube]

good bowler but needs a few changes in his action , this action can cause him an injury or two

forget the pace it wont do anything...a little bit of pace with that outswinger is all thats needed

Impressing.

He yells at the time of release just like Tanvir Ahmed lols.

England will enjoy his pace, 135-140 is ideal on flat, slow wickets.

But where is video of Varun Aron who is playing in same match? If some one can make an edited video only on yadav, surely he can make it on Aron as well?

Last edited:
Wahab riaz bowled a spell of 12 overs where every ball bowled was over 140kmh. When he does something like this, then get excited :inti

Wahab riaz bowled a spell of 12 overs where every ball bowled was over 140kmh. When he does something like this, then get excited :inti

But these guys are not as fast as him. Umar Gul was bowling around 148 kph in the WC. But bowling 140 consistently is a good thing, especially for Indian bowlers, so don't be a joykiller:)

But these guys are not as fast as him. Umar Gul was bowling around 148 kph in the WC. But bowling 140 consistently is a good thing, especially for Indian bowlers, so don't be a joykiller:)

It is a 5-day match not an ODI. Here he had to bowl long spells on a flat track. He took can bowl 148 in ODIs. Bowling in 10 overs spell in 3 spells in 50 overs is not that tough rather than bowling 10 over on the trot.

I thin it was in New zealand, more cooler and helpful conditions rather than 3-35 degree heat of Jaipur on a flat deck.

The Dale Steyn of India? All aboard the hype wagon..

It is a 5-day match not an ODI. Here he had to bowl long spells on a flat track. He took can bowl 148 in ODIs. Bowling in 10 overs spell in 3 spells in 50 overs is not that tough rather than bowling 10 over on the trot.

Lols his fastest delivery was 143 kph. Even if this is a 5 day match you have to bowl at least one delivey which is the fastest you can manage and his effort ball was 143.

And I am already looking forward to his 148 kph deliveries in ODIs against England.

That's why a whole thread has been created on him?

So every thread is created for hype. It is just a cricketing video and this is a cricketing site where people can post video as well for the posters to watch.

Lols his fastest delivery was 143 kph. Even if this is a 5 day match you have to bowl at least one delivey which is the fastest you can manage and his effort ball was 143.

And I am already looking forward to his 148 kph deliveries in ODIs against England.

I have seen him bowling up to 152K so that is not the question whether he can bowl quicker or not. Main thing is consistency. If he can bowl with good line and length at 140K and move the ball around, he can be very handy in any conditions.

His action is similar to Steven Finn's but he's a lot shorter, obviously.

did he take any wickets

watch the video

U Yadav 23(overs) 5(maidens) 68(runs) 2(wkts) 2.95(RPO) (1w)

9.5 to Saxena, short of a length delivery pitches outside the off stump and moves away to find the edge as Saxena feels for it. 25/1

18.5 to Kanitkar, good length delivery angled across, stays in the crease and looking to play at it, gets the outside edge and through to the keeper. 44/2

Last edited:
So every thread is created for hype. It is just a cricketing video and this is a cricketing site where people can post video as well for the posters to watch.

You said No one even talking about him and here you are creating thread on him so how can you say no one talking about him?

A contradiction here no?

I have seen him bowling up to 152K so that is not the question whether he can bowl quicker or not. Main thing is consistency. If he can bowl with good line and length at 140K and move the ball around, he can be very handy in any conditions.

Well, forget about the 5 day cricket for a moment. He is picked for England series right? As I said let's see him bowling 148 or 152 kph as you said.

You said No one even talking about him and here you are creating thread on him so how can you say no one talking about him?

A contradiction here no?

posting video does not mean we are hyping him. Hyping was like with Atul Sharma case of 100 mph by his coach Ian Pont. This is just a match video of young upcoming pacer that is it. So that people can comment on his bowling.

His fastest delivery today was around 146K. ans that too without any real effort. He will get quicker and put more effort as he plays more and gets assured of his place in the team as well settles his nervousness. He looked very nervous today. It was his first game in India and for India after a long time.

Yeah he bowled well today. A good change considering the trundlers we produce. Hope he doesnot fade away like the rest.

Yeah he bowled well today. A good change considering the trundlers we produce. Hope he doesnot fade away like the rest.

He didn't bowl well in the match. He was wayward and looked nervous. It was just average bowling performance. He was bowling short and wide in first spell, but got better line and length in last spell. Considering that this was his first match, he should get chance. He will do improve as matches go on. He was not in full flow even with the speed. His average speed was 140 Kmph and I guess he can bowl faster that than. Often he dropped his speed after few bad quick deliveries. I hope coach and captain keep an eye on him and give him the confidence.

Last edited:
He didn't bowl well in the match. He was wayward and looked nervous. It was just average bowling performance. He was bowling short and wide in first spell, but got better line and length in last spell. Considering that this was his first match, he should get chance. He will do improve as matches go on. He was not in full flow even with the speed. His average speed was 140 Kmph and I guess he can bowl faster that than. Often he dropped his speed after few bad quick deliveries. I hope coach and captain keep an eye on him and give him the confidence.

He can certainly increase his speed if he gets consistent then he will have more confidence in his ability to bowl quick, He can consistently clock 145K, while topping 150K as well. He just needs to settle his nerves as soon as possible.

Knocked over some tail enders when the ball kept real low.. nothing special.

Very ordinary and doesnt even have good pace. Seems be to another addition in India trundler factory.

Last edited:
Very ordinary and doesnt even have good pace. Seems be to another addition in India trundler factory.

afridi fans words value goes as much as.... Afridis brain....

@topic: guys go easy on op. He isn't hyping or saying things like,"he'l be the new super bowler".... Its just a video thread. Simple.

Knocked over some tail enders when the ball kept real low.. nothing special.

Then even Finn, Bresnan, and Dernbach were nothing special and remember this was his literally his first game at international level. He was not at his best or at full pace, still clocked 146K, was mostly in 140s.

his bowling has nothing special and pace-wise Even at this time he's at best 135-145k bowler. I very much doubt with the kind of action he has he will be able to mantain his pace....

When an Indian bowler starts at 135-145k the only way to go is down i-e he will be bowling 130-140 with in a year

Hope that he bowls fast as he is doing now but one thing is for sure , he is not special.

He bowled 10 overs on the trot in 35 degree heat, on the flattest of a track as ROI amassed 663 runs on the same pitch, and still clocked 140 in his 10th over.

Being from India, I am really surprised you are trusting technology to be accurate.

Being from India, I am really surprised you are trusting technology to be accurate.

I'm surprised over your surprise about RKT's belief that speed guns showed speed over 140 Kph.

Last edited:
Are there any round arm or slingy real fast bowlers in india?

Last edited:
Are there any round arm or slingy real fast bowlers in india?

Yes there are two bowlers who I have seen. They are raw but both are fast. One is Faizal Dhudhat from Gujarat and second one is Rehan Khan from Bihar. Faizal plays for Gujarat U22 team.

Rehan Khan is an unknown quantity as Bihar does not play in Ranji trophy, but for the talent he has he might be the fastest bowler in the country right now. He has a bowling action like Fidel Edwards, is short in height but generates tremendous pace.

I have seen videos of both bowlers.

Faizal Dhudhat

http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com...dname=&articleid=Ar02101&format=&publabel=TOI

Last edited:
technology is same for everyone..so where's India came into the scene in this.

So... you must support UDRS which BCCI refuse to implement...... when almost every India supports BCCI becuase the "technology is flawed"?

Last edited:
So... must support UDRS which BCCI refuse to implement and almost every India supports BCCI becuase the "technology is flawed"?

BTW, the decisions ICC want to correct can be corrected even without that technology. Howlers are the main problem and those howlers are obvious even in simple replays which can be corrected by 3rd umpire itself like inside edges, ball pitching outside leg, going over the stumps, etc. you do not need heavy tech for these decisions to be made.

Marginal decisions are not the problem.

Secondly, how many countries can use that technology, Pakistan cannot use it, Bangladesh cannot use it, WI cannot use it. If all countries cannot use it then what is the use of having that technology.

We saw how some poor decisions were given even with technology in England-India series, even 3rd umpire with technology made mistakes. Even hotspot was not good.

PS: I support UDRS, but it should be in 3rd umpire's hand completely. No need to involve players and on-field umpires. 3rd umpire should be given rights to change the decision on the spot and then only 2 reviews limits it. What happens if a team had used those reviews already and then a bad decisions comes up.

UDRS should be uniformed. One UDRS for every country and mandatory.

Last edited:
10 over on the trot? a good way to destroy his career. No wonder Indian fast bowlers become vinay kumar after a couple of years. This is not good for his career. A 6-7 overs spell is good enough for a pace bowler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well he certainly has the built of a fast bowler and I think a lot of commentators mentioned that during the game as well. Now it remains to be seen whether he can put in the hardwork to achieve the success.

The last time he bowled vs Zim and SL in a tri series in June 2010, he was around 134-135 kmph with, a top speed of 139. Here he was around the 140-141 kmph mark with a top speed of 146, with a better grip, a smoother action and obviously a better built. Has got the best physique out of all young Indian pacers who made their debut recently.

Definite potential if he is groomed properly. Upto Fletcher and Eric Simmons now to ensure he doesn't become the next Munaf Patel.

he has a different build compared to your average indian bowler

he looks a bit Nepalese

He can certainly increase his speed if he gets consistent then he will have more confidence in his ability to bowl quick, He can consistently clock 145K, while topping 150K as well. He just needs to settle his nerves as soon as possible.

Now if that is not hyping than my name is Kapil Dev:sohail

Now if that is not hyping than my name is Kapil Dev:sohail
because he does clock 145 in domestics a leve games consistently. I doubt him being able to suistain 150 maybe 2 balls in a spell of 5 overs. He isnt a 150 bowler atleast now

Today I am watching him bowl for the first time. Very impressive. The ball he just took Samuel's wicket with... was 143 km/h... and move quite a bit off the seem.

Very good prospect! Great prospect by India standards!

Don't overdo, he's just an exciting young prospect. Yet to prove himself though so let's just wait before calling him anything.

Bowling well right now, just shattered Samuels' stumps :14:

I hope no coach mess up this guy.

Bowling against WI who have been in the field for 2 days, don't think proper judgement can be made, but he's bowling ok. 300 wickets? Get off the drugs mang.

It's about time we unleash Aaron as well. Kick Ishant out and let both Aaron and Yadav play. I do believe Aaron is better than Yadav.

Today I am watching him bowl for the first time. Very impressive. The ball he just took Samuel's wicket with... was 143 km/h... and move quite a bit off the seem.

Very good prospect! Great prospect by India standards!

That delivery was class man, would have cleaned up any good batsman

He is a good bowler by all standards not even Indian standards.I would say he is the best fast bowling talent from sub-continent at the moment

Bowling against WI who have been in the field for 2 days, don't think proper judgement can be made, but he's bowling ok. 300 wickets? Get off the drugs mang.

Look at that delivery he bowled to Samuels. I wonder if that is not class what is ???

Why didn't our idiot selectors pick him and Aaron for the England tour? Especially when most of the frontline players were on the bench injured.

We could have had a much better result in the test series with Umesh and Aaron in the team. What had RP Singh done to get a call ahead of these two?

Definitely. I think India may have found a long term fast bowling prospect. He was a bit wayward a while back (I haven't been following the Test series that closely, only watched it when Yadav came onto bowl lol), but that pace is delightful to watch.

Good stuff.

Why didn't our idiot selectors pick him and Aaron for the England tour? Especially when most of the frontline players were on the bench injured.

We could have had a much better result in the test series with Umesh and Aaron in the team. What had RP Singh done to get a call ahead of these two?

I thought only pakistan's selectors are messy

But selecting RP,PK or Sree ahead of Yadav has got to be a very bad decision

I think he will run through Aussie line-up when a bowler like Philander can why cant yadav ??

Pitch not doing a lot for quicks but he's making something out of it.

Looks proper built. Very un-Indian build (no offense).

But hottest prospect going around? Please.

The team he's up against has two quicks that are better than him - i rate Edwards and Roach above him.

every indian so called fast man starts with few good series first up and then... bingo....

whats happened with this pace... and so on..

this is just a another example!

every indian so called fast man starts with few good series first up and then... bingo....

whats happened with this pace... and so on..

this is just a another example!

Ishant is a perfect example.... on a pitch where Yadav was proving to be unplayable..... now Ishant is bowling without any impact on #7 and #9 batsmen of West Indies. Ishant is bowling like a Bangladeshi pace bowler.

Back