Usain Bolt: World & Olympic Champion - World Record Holder

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
The heats for the 100m have just began.

And I've witness one of the most remarkable ever 100m heats.

Usain Bolt won his heat in 9.92

Nothing spectacular about that for a man who has run 9.72 - but Bolt practically WALKED from 70 metres onwards!!!

I know 100m is tainted - but if we belive the top 3 runners, this will be a 'clean' sprint.

Astonishing stuff from Bolt.

Will post the results of the heats later!

Tyson Gay was struggling in my opinion today.

Usain Bolt for me, he looks like the guy who will win the 100m title.

Gay won't run in the 200. What a waste by the American Olympic committee. Let the man run his best event.

Greatest show on earth....only minutes away

They line up for the 100m final.

I say BOLT to win in 9.69secs

I think all 8 men will clock below 10 secs...never happened in an Olympic final before

1st time in years Powell isnt the favourite - a known choker.

Could he be the man today?

Its over in a blink of an eye!

OMG!!!

BOLT Wins in 9.68 secs!!!!

And he jogged the last 10 metres!!!!!!

He actually jogged the last 20 metres!!!

What a MASSIVE margin of victory......

9.5 seconds is the next barrier - he'll do it within 2 years

It was 9.69 in the end, and an incredible race. He breezed it and could have knocked a further .05 off with ease in my opinion.

Augustus said:
It was 9.69 in the end, and an incredible race. He breezed it and could have knocked a further .05 off with ease in my opinion.

At last, I get a prediction spot-on!!

Bolt was AWESOME!! 9.69 and was celebrating well before the finish

also Powell choked again.....

that was an awesome race... i knew he would break the record... after that 2nd round heat where he jogged the last 50 and still got 9.92

iZeeshan said:
Usain Bolt is just insane! Wish I could see the video!

NBC...
I think the website has blocked it because they want to show it later tonight on NBC. But I was thinking that the 100 meter finals will be towards the end of olympics as this is a major event for the main stadium

12thMan said:
I think the website has blocked it because they want to show it later tonight on NBC. But I was thinking that the 100 meter finals will be towards the end of olympics as this is a major event for the main stadium

The relays are held at the end of the games (4x100m / 4 x400m)

Usain Bolt is a freak. 9.69 secs in only his 9th ever competitive 100m race.

He was celebrating around the 75m mark. If as MJ (Michael Johnson) put it, he had 'ran' 100m.... He would of probably of run around 9.60 secs and at the age of 21. The difference between him and every one else is his height combined with his lanky legs... he has the legspeed of a shorter sprinter and his length of stride which defeats everyone.

For 200m he will run around 19.5 secs. MJ said there is a big difference between 100m and 200m.

2 differences is that 1) 200m is a endurance sprint and 2) you need to be a good bend runner.

But 200m is Bolts speciality event- although I believe he has of yet not been below 19.65 as of yet considering he has been doing that race for the last few years. PB is 19.67s - just checked.

Just to add MJ for 200m WR ... he was measured to have run the first 100m in 10 secs and the second 100m in 9.3 secs.

He reckons Bolt will take his record too although probably not at this olympics.

Last edited:
Oxy said:
Greatest show on earth....only minutes away

They line up for the 100m final.

I say BOLT to win in 9.69secs

twilight zone music playing in the background somewhere...

The amazing thing is that he was cruising in the last few metres of the race and therefore could have run even faster.

Amazing stuff from Bolt.

Gold, silver and bronze for the Jamaican women in todays women's 100m.

Saj said:
The amazing thing is that he was cruising in the last few metres of the race and therefore could have run even faster.

Incredible isn't it.

What an athlete.

this guy is super quick and amazing, what a treat to watch him

i expect this world record to be broken by him soon

what a final that was, dissapointed to see asafa powel not even in the top 3, i was looking forward to powel and bolt's competition but bolt outclassed them ALLLLL

and its just unbelievable how he just jogged the last 10metres made it look so easy but he's in another depth of his own world just amazing to watch him run, his start off doesnt look that great but his strength to come far out after say 40 to 70 m he just rules!!

looking forward to him in the 200m, different contest but want to see him show more, i know he hasnt participated in many 200m races but will be a good race!!!

Last edited:
Apparently his first passion was cricket and he's a pretty decent fast bowler! You never know he could be steaming in for the WI at some time!

For now, I can't wait for the 200m - I say he'll run approx 19.4. Won't get the record......yet

Jamaican Bolt second in 200m heat

from bbc.co.uk/sport

Jamaica's Usain Bolt eased through to the second round of the 200m after cruising through his first heat.

Bolt, who on Saturday won the 100m in a world record, jogged the second half of the race to finish behind Trinidad's Rondell Sorillo in 20.64 seconds.

The 21-year-old's American rivals Walter Dix, Wallace Spearmon and Shawn Crawford also advanced.

Britons Marlon Devonish and Christian Malcolm also progressed but Alex Nelson pulled out with a hamstring injury.

Zimbabwe's Brian Dzingayi qualified fastest for Monday's second round heats in 20.25 secs.

More to follow.

I'm hoping for a blistering 200m final - but I dont want him to break Michael Johnsons WR....

Usain Bolt will be hot favourite to make it a golden sprint double at the Olympics Games in Beijing after cruising into the 200m final.

The Jamaican jogged next to rival Shawn Crawford in the last 60m to win his semi-final in 20.09 secs.

Usain Bolt

Yes, if Michael Phelps is a freak and he can have his own thread, then this boy is freak square and deserves his own too.

At 6' 5" I have not seen anyone run the 100. Most of the time they run 200 and 400 for their long strides.

Micheal Johnson the current WC holder of 200m at 19.36 says, “It was the most impressive athletic performance I’ve ever seen in my life, I thought he was going to run 9.69, but I didn’t think he’d been able to run 9.62, which I think he could’ve done if he ran through the finish line—and tied up his shoe.” talking about the 100m finals.

Photos showed Bolt’s left shoelace was undone.

Michael Johnson is Mr. Atheletics himself. I am sure Carl Lewis will say the same.

The freak square will run the 200m tonight. However, Johnson doesn't think Bolt can break his 200 world record in this olympic but in course of time he will get that as well.

Wish him all the best. BReak the record Bolt.

he is only 21. :)

Blistering! Absolutely Blistering!!!

Usain Bolt BREAKS the 200m record!

Never Ever thought this record would be broken for another generation.

Usain Bolt is now the GREATEST SPRINTER of ALL TIME!

GOtta feel sorry for Spearman - celebrated his 3rd place Bronze - and then gets called over to be told he's been disqualified for stepping on the line - his face said it all.

Incredible. Was so far ahead of everyone.

Turning 22 tomorrow. Is it possible for him to get even better? But how much better can the best get?

Bloody hell. That was just incredible! Bolt is some freak of nature. I am disappointed that he broke MJ's record but my word this guy is exactly his namesake.

That bbc guy is just funny as hell.

' I am not sure who is second or third' :)))

Last edited:
Elan Tedronai said:
Bloody hell. That was just incredible! Bolt is some freak of nature. I am disappointed that he broke MJ's record but my word this guy is exactly his namesake.

I rate Michael Johnson as the greatest track athlete of alltime - didnt want Bolt to beat his 200m record....

But I guess it was inevitable after what we saw in the 100m

Not only Spearman but the second placed Martina also got disqualified, so silver for Crawford and bronze for Dix.

what a legend of the game. Can anyone qualify to me how much 100 m? Like how far is that distance?

What places Bolt in the class of the very best athletes, such as Michael Johnson, is that he has a style that doesn't even look that quick, yet he has effortlessly moved away from the field in both races. Bolt seems to glide away, barely touching the floor. He could run 100m in 9.5 seconds easily, he didn't even have to try in the final. Johnson too, always looked like he was jogging to me, but set some incredible world records. This kind of athlete is always mesmerising, making the hardest things look easy. Chris Hoy is another example from this games, making 40mph sprints around the velodrome looking like a sunday afternoon cycle. You know before these guys even take their marks that they are going to win. Different class!

Last edited:
tmac4real said:
what a legend of the game. Can anyone qualify to me how much 100 m? Like how far is that distance?
Little bit over 109 yards. 100 yards is a football field. So 11 chains almost. I wonder how fast he can run the 40! under 4 seconds? wow!! again!!

Image of the Day

_44943682_usain226.jpg

BD-fan said:
Little bit over 109 yards. 100 yards is a football field. So 11 chains almost. I wonder how fast he can run the 40! under 4 seconds? wow!! again!!

lol Bolt would be done the 40 yards before the stopwatch started...

One of those events where you won't understand the gravity of it unless you actually watch how it went down. Looking at numbers and history books just doesn't do it justice.

Apparently Bolt is a fine cricketer
``I know I wouldn't want to be playing defensive back against him,'' said NBC's Cris Collinsworth, a former Pro Bowl wide receiver.
One of Collinsworth's greatest attributes was his height. He's 6-foot-5, the same as Bolt. We don't know if Bolt can catch. We do know that he was a darned good cricket player growing up, which means good hand-eye coordination.

from bbc.co.uk/sport

Usain Bolt captured a third gold medal and a third world record after Jamaica claimed men's 4x100m relay gold.

The quartet smashed the previous world mark of 37.40 seconds set by the United States at the 1992 Olympics by a huge margin to set a new benchmark of 37.10.

Nesta Carter ran a strong first leg before passing the baton to Michael Frater, who handed on to Bolt before Asafa Powell brought it home.

Trinidad and Tobago took silver with Japan coming home for bronze.

The run was quicker than the previous record, twice ran by a US team - first in 1992 in Barcelona and also in 1993 in the world championships in Stuttgart.

Bolt has dominated the sprints in Beijing in his breakthrough season capturing the 100m and 200m titles in new world records.

The 22-year-old began his gold rush six days ago by winning the 100m crown in 9.69 seconds before adding the 200m title in 19.30 to beat Michael Johnson's previous world mark.

A third gold followed in the relay and the Jamaican team spirit produced yet another world record.

Bolt, who clocked 9.96 seconds on his leg, told the BBC: "I asked the guys for it and they said 'yes, we're going out there to do it'.

"I'm just happy and grateful because we worked hard for it."

Powell, who lost his 100m world record to team-mate Bolt, was satisfied to come away with a medal after finishing fifth in the sprint final.

"It's a great feeling being out there," said the 25-year-old, who ran hard to the line to make sure he broke the world mark.

"Usain is the world record holder but I was really excited to go out there and get the world record."

Carter added: "It was a great moment. We all wanted it and became victorious. The conditions are good out here so we went for it and got it."

The quartet became the first Jamaican men to capture the Olympic 4x100m title.

Defending champions Great Britain failed to reach the final after anchorman Craig Pickering failed to receive the baton from Marlon Devonish inside the permitted area.

A disastrous handover between Darvis Patton and Tyson Gay also denied the US a place in the final.

Amazing stuff from the ThunderBolt.

I listened to this live - must watch on BBCi

All the sprints records in the bag!

Just watched the 4 x 100m

Amazing relay - the best baton handover you will EVER see - super smooth!

Asafa Powell had it all to do if they were going to break the record.

They SMASHED IT!!!

let's not kid ourselves. They played it safe with the baton exchange. They weren't aggressive during the turnover and they still broke the record!!

Geordie Ahmed said:
and its another World Record

He wins the 200M with a WR time of 19.19

AMAZING

I ask yet again... is he human?!

Everyone was questioning him in regards to it being possible for him to break the record...as usual he breaks the record. :)))

WOW!!! Simply sensational!!!!!!!!!! I'm lost for words. That was for me the greatest sprint performance of all time for any human being. People will talk about the 100m, but this surpasses that quite easily. With the lack of preparation he's had for the 200m, particularly running around the bend, Michael Johnson said "no-one has ran a bend as well as that", it just defies belief!!

you know what since he broke the 100m record michael johnson said everyone needs to beware of Usain he's going to break alot more records and he laughs and says heck even mine and il be happy if it is him!!! the way he jogs thru a race man o man he's going to become a legend in no time

usain doing the usain double point at the stars in tandem with the bear was pretty cool....

What an astonishing run! I cant get over the 1st 100m!!!

He was going flat out - not sure how much faster he can go than 19.19!

But he has more in the tank for 100m

I reckon he can break 19 secs imo. He wasn't accelerating away after say 160m or so.. he was a bit ragged with his sprinting technique too..

according to his interview he was tired and felt his form was patchy after about half way through!

I salute this guy and to say he is 5 - 6 years away from his prime!

I have no doubts that he can break 19.19, yes he was giving it his all BUT you have to realise that he was tired and his technique as Toony mentioned was a bit ragged

He will probably not break it if he participates in both 100M and 200M BUT he can break it when purely training for the 200M

I think he can get under 19 secs too

For a guy that was going so fast after he came off the bend, he looked like he was treading on water ...

But that was pure crazy

dblock said:
The most famous Pakistan Cricket fan ever.. :)

What a legend.

It would be awesome if that was true.

I fully expect Bolt to run 9.4s next year, the man is in a league of his own!

JammydodgA said:
It would be awesome if that was true.

I fully expect Bolt to run 9.4s next year, the man is in a league of his own!

When he was growing up he was a Pakistan fan because of Waqar Younis

Jamaica won the 400 meter relay today and they couldn't beat the world record they set which is 37.10.

The guys got 37.31 which is brilliant in it's own right.

The funny thing is that Bolt didn't celebrate much after winning the relay cause he wanted to break the world record and they couldn't. This guy is amazingly competitive even a gold medal doesn't satisfy his thirst.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It was only the beginning. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FirstWorldRecord?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FirstWorldRecord</a> 🥇<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThisDayInHistory?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ThisDayInHistory</a> ⚡️ <a href="https://t.co/KZC5ufNRP7">pic.twitter.com/KZC5ufNRP7</a></p>— Usain St. Leo Bolt (@usainbolt) <a href="https://twitter.com/usainbolt/status/1399341136305659904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 31, 2021</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back