[VIDEO] "Don't care about strike-rate in T20Is, I look for the average": Aamir Sohail vs Simon Doull

daytrader

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
[VIDEO] "Don't care about strike-rate in T20Is, I look for the average": Aamir Sohail vs Simon Doull

Aamir Sohail and Simon Doull debating strike rate vs averages on air

<iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/y63x9y" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A heated discussion between Simon Doull and Aamer Sohail took place on-air over strike rate of Babar Azam during the second T20I game between Pakistan and Afghanistan at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.

The argument began when Doull, expressed his opinion that Pakistan Skipper, Babar Azam, should not open for the team in T20Is, and that Saim and Haris should open with Rizwan instead.

"Babar Azam is hands down the best #3 batsman in the world. He should not open for Pakistan. Saim and Haris should open with Rizwan in T20Is." he said.

Former Pakistan cricketer and commentator, Aamer Sohail, challenged Doull's statement and argued that T20 teams are selected based on averages rather than strike rates, emphasizing that averages hold more significance than strike rates.

"The T20 teams are selected on the basis of averages and not strikerates. The averages are more important than strikerates," he said.

The 56-year-old, also cited Chris Gayle and AB De Villiers, two of the best T20 players in the world, as examples of players who have a relatively lower strike rate but a higher average.

"I dont care about the strike-rate, I look for the average. If you talk about best players in T20I like Chris Gayle and AB De Villiers, what is the strike-rate between 135 and 137?" Aamer questioned.

Doull corrected Sohail by stating that Chris Gayle's strike rate is 158 and AB De Villiers' strike rate is 145. Sohail then mentioned that AB De Villiers' strike rate is around 137, to which Doull asked, "What's Babar's strike rate?" Sohail did not respond directly to the question and said, "last time I checked...." before concluding his point.

CricketPakistan

Last edited by a moderator:
umm Aamir SOhail was correct.

De villiers and Gayles strike rate was 135 and 137.

Simon Doul was caught lieing on live tv by saying that no there strike rate is 158 or 140.
So we have bhangra being done over Doull openly telling lies on TV.

OK.

So we have bhangra being done over Doull openly telling lies on TV.

OK.

It’s you guys who are doing bhangra on Aamir’s “I don’t care about strike rates in T20 comment” :))

Ab has a t20i strike of 135
Ab has a t20 strike rate of 150

In internationals he wasnt that far ahead in terms of strike rate of babar and rizwan

Although Amir is wrong about AVG vs SR debate (both are equally important), I respect his act of defending a Pakistani so vehemently. There is an epidemic of truth fairies in Pakistan, so Amir's instinctive nationalism is a breath of fresh air. Pakistani haq parasts usually don't even shy away from subverting national interest (e.g. praising Indian army generals) for their gods and fathers.

Amir was talking absolute nonsense and he was trying to act tough with his argument. Came over very defensive.

Poster above says he’s protecting a Pakistani? How is that protecting a Pakistani? To help someone you hate need to be truthful to them, not let them continue their delusion.

But is AB an opener??

He played in the middle order where hed usually have to finish games off
The point still stands

Look we all know that babar and riz can do better in terms of strike rate

Id rather we work with a successful combination and get them to work on their strike rate a little more rather than get newbies in who more than likely wont work or be successful

Amir was talking absolute nonsense and he was trying to act tough with his argument. Came over very defensive.

Poster above says he’s protecting a Pakistani? How is that protecting a Pakistani? To help someone you hate need to be truthful to them, not let them continue their delusion.

Exhibit A: Truth fairy / haq parast who'd praise Kohli over Babar as a defense mechanism against his inner guilty conscience. Yes Kohli is a better player, but no you don't have to say that out loud. Indians are educated enough to realize that the only truth that matters is one that serves national interest. Only Pakistani wokes are stupid enough to believe that venting out will absolve them of their sins or cause a paradigm shift.

Here's the corrected version of your self-deprecating mentality.

To help someone you hate need to be truthful to them in private. If you really care about them, you will always support them in public.

Last edited:
Look, regardless of your opinion on Sohail, the least we should accept from any commentator are views that don’t go against logic.

We all have our opinions on RizBabar, some more skewed than others. But to say that averages matter and strike rates don’t, is scandalous.

This is not test cricket. The ‘proper cricketing shots’ people will barely ever win anything. It’s also a selfish approach to not bat aggressively in t20s, because it puts more pressure on your bowling attack.

Amir Sohail will fit in great as coach of Pakistan team.

Rizwan, Babar and Amir combination will take the team to a new height.

Well although S/R are important in T20s you can have someone like Asif Ali there and you know his S/R is 133.99 from a total of 55 games with an average of 15.11.

S/R are a massive part of T20s but that doesn't mean averages are kicked to the side because you need to score quick runs.

Scoring 12 from 3-4 deliveries but then getting yourself out isn't helping the side in the long run. Think that's what Sohail was saying.

Like look who was playing yesterday and check their S/Rs vs their averages.

They've been awful. Shafiq getting 4 consecutive ducks. Haris continues to score quickly then get himself out. Azam Khan looking anything but international class.

It's not as simple as saying quick game = quick runs.

I get that's peoples mentality now, but for all the criticism Babar and Rizwan get you see why they play the way they do at times. There's a lack of good backups for Pakistan to call upon.

It's about structuring the innings and not falling victims to social media and how the shorter format is supposed to be played because they can't let loose 100%.

They need to bring in modern commies if the old guard are going to spout nonsense. No one is going to play someone with an average of 50 but SR of 90 in T20s.

Average in T20? It doesn't matter much.

All about strike rate and overall impact.

Living in the 90's.

A batsman with 25 avg and SR of 140 is far more valuable than 40 avg and 125 SR batsman.

These comments are depressing from a player who I recon would have been a modern T20 opener in today’s cricket had he been around.

Aamir Sohail
Saeed Anwar
Imran Nazir

Three excellent free flowing white ball attacking players. Sad to see that he is promoting this kind of rubbish as a commentator

6 players have a Strike Rate of 180, but they average 12 so in 8 overs this team will be 72/6 I wonder what will be their final score.

Whereas Team B has 4 players who average 45 with SR of 135, this team will be in 6 overs 45/0,
Now which team has better prospects. Point to ponder:aamer

Amir Sohail’s list of Number 3 T20 players in Pakistan. Who are they??

On commentary last night, when the issue of Pakistan averaging 17 and the lowest out of all nations at the number 3 position, Amir Sohail was put in the hot seat by Simon Doull and asked who should bat at number 3 if Babar isn’t going to do it.

Sohail’s response was that there are “plenty of options. But they need to be tried out”. When asked about names, Sohail responded by saying, “please don’t ask me to give names”.

Right. So which team called Pakistan or Pakistan cricket has Sohail been following?

Who are those mythical number 3s that Sohail has in mind, in his defence of the RizBar opening theory?

It’s certainly no one in the Multan camp because they haven’t developed a 3-4-5 for Pakistan in 3 years

He isn’t referring to Lahore’s number 3 Shafique

There is Haider Ali the tried and tested failure at 3 in Karachi

Islamabad have Sohaib Maqsood now. Is he one of them?

Peshawar have everyone besides Babar at number 3

Quetta tried Bangalzai and we saw what he was all about. Omair bin Yousuf looked ok though

So who are the guys who can solve our number 3 option? Bearing in mind we average 17 in this position with all the people we have tried so Babar doesn’t have to bat there

6 players have a Strike Rate of 180, but they average 12 so in 8 overs this team will be 72/6 I wonder what will be their final score.

Whereas Team B has 4 players who average 45 with SR of 135, this team will be in 6 overs 45/0,
Now which team has better prospects. Point to ponder:aamer

These are extremes and missing the point. And which team has 4 players with average 45 and SR 135 ?

The BabRi duo has stats padded enough to have big fat averages in T20. Hence it is being deservedly advertised as some extraordinary achivement.

Amir is right, this is not Test cricket Bazball to give more weightage to strike rates. In T20, average of a opening pair is more important than the rate at which they strike.

Credit where due. :inti

Ayub & Haris are not even club cricketers worse openers than Khurram manzoors & masoods

Expect Baba & rizwan to slot nicely back in there positions.

Ayub & Haris are not even club cricketers worse openers than Khurram manzoors & masoods

Expect Baba & rizwan to slot nicely back in there positions.

Both Saim ayub and haris are far more talented than Khurram manzoor and Shan masood. They are playing on these pathetic pitches which is why they are finding it hard.

Both Saim ayub and haris are far more talented than Khurram manzoor and Shan masood. They are playing on these pathetic pitches which is why they are finding it hard.

Theyr getting bullied by 125kph Karim janats, zero chances of international cricket survival.

RizBar theory got a boost due to insipid display of youngsters ala PSL Crémé

In internationals he wasnt that far ahead in terms of strike rate of babar and rizwan

AB also played T20 cricket in the 2000s and early 2010s where the average scores were significantly lower.

If you look at AB's strike rate in his last 4 years in T20I cricket, he scored at a rate of 150+ in 3 of those years.

Babar has a strike rate of 127 after bashing minnows and C/D bowling attacks in meaningless bilateral series. His rate of scoring was less than run a ball in last year's WT20 and wasn't much better in the 2022 Asia Cup.

So to suggest AB "wasn't that far ahead" couldn't be any further from the truth and is quite frankly an insult to one of the greatest white ball cricketers of all time.

Last edited:
Embarrassing from Amir Sohail. The worrying thing about this is most of the ex-players like him think like this because they haven't kept up with the modern demands of T20 cricket.

If I was Simon Doull, I would've asked Amir Sohail if an average of 40 at a strike rate of 100 is better than an average of 30 with a strike rate of 130+ in T20Is. That would've ended the debate.

Strike rate is most important in T20. A player with 160 SR and avg 25 is more valuable than avg 40 with SR 125.
However both Doull and Amir are right and wrong at same time.
You do require at least one person to anchor in case of a collapse. However if that one person plays with his slow SR in high scoring game he can become liability
In an ideal world someone who is capable of high SR most of times, but if need arises capable of playing anchor role with low SR , would be the best bet in T20. Currently Hardik Pandya or that NZ players ( Conway I think) fit that role

Embarrassing from Amir Sohail. The worrying thing about this is most of the ex-players like him think like this because they haven't kept up with the modern demands of T20 cricket.

If I was Simon Doull, I would've asked Amir Sohail if an average of 40 at a strike rate of 100 is better than an average of 30 with a strike rate of 130+ in T20Is. That would've ended the debate.

Think he says stuff unchallenged in most comm engagements but he misjudged Simon Doull.

AB's last T20I game was in October 2017, we are in 2023 now and game has evolved a lot in last 5-6 years and it's about SR nowadays. AB was well ahead of time during his playing days. AB was also not the opener, he didn't got chance to play dot balls and maiden overs in power play

ab and gayle had low strike rates in t20i, it was funny how Simon doul tried to cling on domestic t20 while commentating during an internationla match.

Aamir sohail owned him

Average above strike rate in an innings that lasts 120 balls?

Okay, this might be one of the dumbest decisions I've heard from a former player - but doesn't really surprise me as Amir Sohail hardly says anything smart.

A few questions that AS should answer:

1) What is Babar's strike rate vs Gayle and ABD? It was so funny when he just stuttered and couldn't respond when Doull asked this question :)))

2) What is the average of the English team that won the WC?

3) When did ABD and Gayle play their last T20 game? There is concept of the game evolving - maybe Amir is still living in the 90s

ab and gayle had low strike rates in t20i, it was funny how Simon doul tried to cling on domestic t20 while commentating during an internationla match.

Aamir sohail owned him

If you think Pakistan's T20 issue is averages and not strike rate, you need to start watching a different sport.

What was funny was Amir Sohail avoiding the fact that Babar's strike rate is even lower than those two's :)))

AB's last T20I game was in October 2017, we are in 2023 now and game has evolved a lot in last 5-6 years and it's about SR nowadays. AB was well ahead of time during his playing days. AB was also not the opener, he didn't got chance to play dot balls and maiden overs in power play

Whos played maiden overs in power play?

If your gonna state something at least make it truthful

The game hasnt evolved so much in 6 years

You look at intnl cricket and most games are still won in the 175-185 range which our players are capable of getting 7 times out of 10

I agree strike rate is worth more than the avge in t20s and a combination with more weight to strike rate is ideal

Last edited:
Aamir Sohail repeated his issue with Strike Rates today.

Whos played maiden overs in power play?

If your gonna state something at least make it truthful

The game hasnt evolved so much in 6 years

You look at intnl cricket and most games are still won in the 175-185 range which our players are capable of getting 7 times out of 10

I agree strike rate is worth more than the avge in t20s and a combination with more weight to strike rate is ideal

Check first over of Pak vs Ind match in T20 WC 2022. On paper it was not a maiden over but Rizwan did played 6 dot balls, only 1 run came of wide ball

It's not only about chasing a moderate target or setting moderate score and expecting bowlers to bail out all the time. It's also about setting strong foundation right from very first ball which is lacking currently. I am also disappointed with the youngsters who got chance against Afghanistan, they should have utilised this opportunity to prove what they are capable of. However, I expect more efforts from those players who have played almost 100 T20I matches. The game has certainly changed, very few used to talk about SR 5 years back, but now a player cannot hide if his SR is poor

He had an even worse moment during 2007 world cup. After Ireland was coasting towards win or in the next match he asked Ian Bishop "would they have given a green top against Ireland if West Indies had played" Dead pan silence in the commentary box. I understand commies having an inherent bias. But going against convention just to defend your team will make you look bad.

Check first over of Pak vs Ind match in T20 WC 2022. On paper it was not a maiden over but Rizwan did played 6 dot balls, only 1 run came of wide ball

It's not only about chasing a moderate target or setting moderate score and expecting bowlers to bail out all the time. It's also about setting strong foundation right from very first ball which is lacking currently. I am also disappointed with the youngsters who got chance against Afghanistan, they should have utilised this opportunity to prove what they are capable of. However, I expect more efforts from those players who have played almost 100 T20I matches. The game has certainly changed, very few used to talk about SR 5 years back, but now a player cannot hide if his SR is poor

A match isnt played on the scorecard but on a pitch

Pakistan struggled both times in melbourne with the bounce and movement there was initially

So did india in reply and england in the final

Botb games werent high scoring from any sides

A a matter of fact, india struggled enough that they were down and out with 3 overs left until kohli stole the show

Sometimes you cant go all guns blazing from the first ball and have to quickly realign the target according to the pitch and conditions

It was a similar story in the first 2 matches here

So lets not be naive and feel you can go at it form ball one whatever the conditions because if the conditions arent right it can get you in serious trouble

Last edited:
Aamir Sohail and Simon Doull debating strike rate vs averages on air

<iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/y63x9y" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A heated discussion between Simon Doull and Aamer Sohail took place on-air over strike rate of Babar Azam during the second T20I game between Pakistan and Afghanistan at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.

The argument began when Doull, expressed his opinion that Pakistan Skipper, Babar Azam, should not open for the team in T20Is, and that Saim and Haris should open with Rizwan instead.

"Babar Azam is hands down the best #3 batsman in the world. He should not open for Pakistan. Saim and Haris should open with Rizwan in T20Is." he said.

Former Pakistan cricketer and commentator, Aamer Sohail, challenged Doull's statement and argued that T20 teams are selected based on averages rather than strike rates, emphasizing that averages hold more significance than strike rates.

"The T20 teams are selected on the basis of averages and not strikerates. The averages are more important than strikerates," he said.

The 56-year-old, also cited Chris Gayle and AB De Villiers, two of the best T20 players in the world, as examples of players who have a relatively lower strike rate but a higher average.

"I dont care about the strike-rate, I look for the average. If you talk about best players in T20I like Chris Gayle and AB De Villiers, what is the strike-rate between 135 and 137?" Aamer questioned.

Doull corrected Sohail by stating that Chris Gayle's strike rate is 158 and AB De Villiers' strike rate is 145. Sohail then mentioned that AB De Villiers' strike rate is around 137, to which Doull asked, "What's Babar's strike rate?" Sohail did not respond directly to the question and said, "last time I checked...." before concluding his point.

CricketPakistan

Ridiculous , almost embarrassing talk from Amir Sohail, I watched that. Just Average don't win matches in t20 , it has to be with good SR. No wonder both Rizwan and Babar went unsold in the Hundreds.

Agree, Amir was ridiculous and had no manners how to discussed a point, he was almost in a fight Simon. Amir , the way he speaks, is my most unlikeable comi.

Agree, Amir was ridiculous and had no manners how to discussed a point, he was almost in a fight Simon. Amir , the way he speaks, is my most unlikeable comi.

He also said there are many players who can play at number 3 for Pakistan, because Babar shouldn’t do it.

He didn’t share any names however

He also said there are many players who can play at number 3 for Pakistan, because Babar shouldn’t do it.

He didn’t share any names however

Simon asked Amir multiple times to name any player he would recommend for # 3 position and he couldn't come out with a single name . Don't think he follows Pakistan cricket closely, don't know who gave him this job as commentator .

Simon asked Amir multiple times to name any player he would recommend for # 3 position and he couldn't come out with a single name . Don't think he follows Pakistan cricket closely, don't know who gave him this job as commentator .

That’s where his B.S was caught out

If you well and truly believe in your argument about averages over sr, then why did he not have a credible answer for the number 3 issue that is a glaring one for Pakistan?

It seems like he came prepared to have a fight with Simon Doull and become some kind of hero for the RizBar worshippers who have been taking a pounding in the last 6 months or so.

It’s unfortunate because fighting hard for these two (Babar and Rizwan) will get you into a holes that you cannot dig yourself out or when push comes to shove.

Trust me I know this, I’ve buried lots of these confused souls.

A match isnt played on the scorecard but on a pitch

Pakistan struggled both times in melbourne with the bounce and movement there was initially

So did india in reply and england in the final

Botb games werent high scoring from any sides

A a matter of fact, india struggled enough that they were down and out with 3 overs left until kohli stole the show

Sometimes you cant go all guns blazing from the first ball and have to quickly realign the target according to the pitch and conditions

It was a similar story in the first 2 matches here

So lets not be naive and feel you can go at it form ball one whatever the conditions because if the conditions arent right it can get you in serious trouble

First you said I need to be truthful if am stating something, and when I gave you proof you have diverted the topic by bringing pitch conditions. India had carefully planned that chase as the target was modest, even after fall of 4 early wickets they didn't panic as they knew their strengths. England adopted extra cautious approach while chasing in final due to big match pressure but in the end they won quite comprehensively.

I am not blaming any individual player but the fact is Pakistan lost last 2 T20 WCs, Asia Cup, home T20 series against England because of same orthodox approach. Some fans gets excited on personal milestones of few individual players, they want to rely on these few players only but they don't see that the team is continuously losing series after series because of poor SR

amir sohail should cut a "IDC about SRs in T20s" cake.... a la mhmd amir.... 🙂

That’s where his B.S was caught out

If you well and truly believe in your argument about averages over sr, then why did he not have a credible answer for the number 3 issue that is a glaring one for Pakistan?

It seems like he came prepared to have a fight with Simon Doull and become some kind of hero for the RizBar worshippers who have been taking a pounding in the last 6 months or so.

It’s unfortunate because fighting hard for these two (Babar and Rizwan) will get you into a holes that you cannot dig yourself out or when push comes to shove.

Trust me I know this, I’ve buried lots of these confused souls.

Yes Babar and Rizwan sure have been taking a pounding from the top of the PSL charts.

Meanwhile you've been "burying everyone" through your predictions of Sharjeel and Asif Ali as superior?

amir sohail should cut a "IDC about SRs in T20s" cake.... a la mhmd amir.... 🙂

Even the unknown commentators were pulling his leg on the strike rate comment

Why do we keep sending out these national embarrassments to represent us? This guy is supposed to be one of our greatest white ball openers in history and he is coming across as a bigger buffoon than Waqar Younis on the mic

Even the unknown commentators were pulling his leg on the strike rate comment

Why do we keep sending out these national embarrassments to represent us? This guy is supposed to be one of our greatest white ball openers in history and he is coming across as a bigger buffoon than Waqar Younis on the mic

bro, most our old players (esp) are usually doing awara-gardi, staying out all day playing bat ball, they arent really educated and arent true athletes, they are usually andhon mein kaana raja types, who just happen to be good at one of the 3 aspects of the game... and severely lack in the mind/strategy category along with a lack of knowledge on how to conduct themselves or represent their country. They just spew out what they have on their minds at the time, and or push the agendas they are backing. And, as a result we usually get some really unpleasant comments or actions out of them from time to time.

Theyr getting bullied by 125kph Karim janats, zero chances of international cricket survival.

That makes no sense. They've handled the likes of Ihsanullah in domestic cricket. In fact, those two guys are probably the best players of pure pace in Pakistan. Better than Babar. These lifeless Sharjah pitches are not where they excel, and that's just as well. I'm glad we don't play any of our home series there anymore.

I think its the sum of the average and SR that is important. If a batsman has a lower SR he must have a higher average. While a higher average batsman can afford to have a lower SR.

I think its the sum of the average and SR that is important. If a batsman has a lower SR he must have a higher average. While a higher average batsman can afford to have a lower SR.

Faulty logic. A batsman with a 90 SR and 50 average will lose you more games against good oppositions. E.g., a 9 (10) is better than a 45 (50). If a batsman has a low SR, they should ideally have a low average and sit out of the team.

Faulty logic. A batsman with a 90 SR and 50 average will lose you more games against good oppositions. E.g., a 9 (10) is better than a 45 (50). If a batsman has a low SR, they should ideally have a low average and sit out of the team.

Well of course there should be a minimum SR of 105-110 at the very least. My point is the higher the average the more use it is for a team to keep a player if he has a relatively lower SR. Also 9 (10) being better than 45 (50) is subjective. On a pitch like the Sharjah pitch 45 (50) is better than 9 (10). On a flat wicket in Rawalpindi 9 (10) is better. So these things are subjective. Also the combination of your team also makes a difference. If you have 2 anchor type batsmen who score at like 110 SR its imperative to have other batsmen who strike at 130+.

Well of course there should be a minimum SR of 105-110 at the very least. My point is the higher the average the more use it is for a team to keep a player if he has a relatively lower SR. Also 9 (10) being better than 45 (50) is subjective. On a pitch like the Sharjah pitch 45 (50) is better than 9 (10). On a flat wicket in Rawalpindi 9 (10) is better. So these things are subjective. Also the combination of your team also makes a difference. If you have 2 anchor type batsmen who score at like 110 SR its imperative to have other batsmen who strike at 130+.

Minimum sr of 105-110 in what format?

ODI??

What should be the minimum sr of an opener in T20?

Minimum sr of 105-110 in what format?

ODI??

What should be the minimum sr of an opener in T20?

Guys like Kohli and Rohit Sharma have a SR of approx 135 while Babar and Rizwan are about 126-127. I was just giving an example as the previous poster was stating 90 as a baseline SR in his post.

Guys like Kohli and Rohit Sharma have a SR of approx 135 while Babar and Rizwan are about 126-127. I was just giving an example as the previous poster was stating 90 as a baseline SR in his post.

Sharma’s sr is not in the 140s-150s as it should well be considering he is the HITMAN of Asia, but what Sharma has that other south Asian openers do not have is the ability to hit a red streak of delivering sixes when he gets into his zone

If you don’t have that ruthlessness in your batting, you shouldn’t really be opening. Fakhar Zaman has that ruthlessness. He will target every ball for a boundary once he gets his eye in and his feet are adjusted to the wicket and its pace.

I hate to say it again and again, Babar and Rizwan are not those guys. We can do the right thing by letting the right players succeed or fail in their right positions. Not the wrong players supposedly succeed in the wrong positions and unbalance the side

I’ll give you one recent example of why Babar Azam is just not that guy:

In the infamous QG v PZ match where Quetta chased down 241 in 20 overs, Babar Azam scored a 60ish ball ton and in that century, one bowler that didn’t trouble him at all was Aimal Khan.

Understandably, Aimal is the emerging player from the PJL and he’s bowling to Pakistan’s best technical and accomplished batsman on a unrewarding Pindi pitch. Babar knew that this bowler isn’t getting him out and was creaming him to the boundary again and again. If you know that this bowler even in his wildest dreams isn’t going to get you out, why simply look for 4s?? If you are that guy, if you are that Big Batsman who your fans want us to believe you are, pump this guy for 3-4 sixes in the over! Back yourself and take him down like Jason Roy, Jost Butler, Rohit Sharma, Martin Guptil or any opener of their caliber would!

Sharma’s sr is not in the 140s-150s as it should well be considering he is the HITMAN of Asia, but what Sharma has that other south Asian openers do not have is the ability to hit a red streak of delivering sixes when he gets into his zone

If you don’t have that ruthlessness in your batting, you shouldn’t really be opening. Fakhar Zaman has that ruthlessness. He will target every ball for a boundary once he gets his eye in and his feet are adjusted to the wicket and its pace.

I hate to say it again and again, Babar and Rizwan are not those guys. We can do the right thing by letting the right players succeed or fail in their right positions. Not the wrong players supposedly succeed in the wrong positions and unbalance the side

Maintaining a 140-150 SR is tough. That being said theres no point of having higher SR players if they cant score. By this logic you should have Asif Ali and Khushdil Shah in your line up also. It has to be a balance. Unfortunately Pakistan is not blessed with a lot of batting talent. Rizwan and Babar are still mainstays in the T20 lineup. They are perhaps not the right guys to be playing in the opening slot but they have to be in the playing 11.

Rohit Sharma's SR is 139 and Kohli's 138. Both have high SR for batsmen who don't play cheeky shots.

Ruthless fakhar has pretty much the same SR as Babar and rizwan while averaging half. Don’t spread lies. Fakhar is not the guy.

Doull even tried to help him out by naming Abdullah Shafique deserving the no3.

Amir started the fight because Amir thought he could make a throwaway comment like “babar is performing well opening so I’d rather not change it”

Doull called him out by saying “really”? That’s when Amir flipped to man child mode and started rambling and arguing for the sake of it.

Ruthless fakhar has pretty much the same SR as Babar and rizwan while averaging half. Don’t spread lies. Fakhar is not the guy.

What lies am I spreading?

Fakhar 27 sixes in 267 balls faced PSL 2023

Babar and Rizwan, 23 sixes in 744 balls faced

How is Fakhar not that guy???

Such a shame he can’t do it at international cricket only good for lower standards. I am talking about international cricket not a domestic tournament. Keep up.

Such a shame he can’t do it at international cricket only good for lower standards. I am talking about international cricket not a domestic tournament. Keep up.

Why can’t the other 2 do better than he did in the same competition???!

Remind us what fakhars strike rate is in intnl t20 cricket please?

As said you keep talking about fakhar being the big hitter but this is a fantasy of yours, because in reality hes just not the guy in intnl t20 cricket

His strike rate is 129 and avges 22

Remind us what fakhars strike rate is in intnl t20 cricket please?

As said you keep talking about fakhar being the big hitter but this is a fantasy of yours, because in reality hes just not the guy in intnl t20 cricket

His strike rate is 129 and avges 22

After being removed from his natural position

3 years on

He still has a higher strike rate than Babar and Rizwan

First you said I need to be truthful if am stating something, and when I gave you proof you have diverted the topic by bringing pitch conditions. India had carefully planned that chase as the target was modest, even after fall of 4 early wickets they didn't panic as they knew their strengths. England adopted extra cautious approach while chasing in final due to big match pressure but in the end they won quite comprehensively.

I am not blaming any individual player but the fact is Pakistan lost last 2 T20 WCs, Asia Cup, home T20 series against England because of same orthodox approach. Some fans gets excited on personal milestones of few individual players, they want to rely on these few players only but they don't see that the team is continuously losing series after series because of poor SR

You cant have one rule for riz/babar and a different set of rules and a list of excuses for england and india on why they played slow

Both played on same pitches

Nothing was stopping the likes of butler sharma and co to gung ho at the target and score at 10 an over so why didnt they? because of the pitch and conditions

India had carefully planned that chase? They were out of it with 3-4 overs to go

Your bias against has come through in that post

After being removed from his natural position

3 years on

He still has a higher strike rate than Babar and Rizwan

He has a similar avge and strike rate whilst opening for pakistan in t20s

You know this.Hes never been a great international t20 player who hits big scores and sixes at will as you allude to

Back