[VIDEO] Mohammad Amir reacts after being called a fixer by the crowd

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Fast bowler Mohammad Amir, once a rising star in cricket, faced a setback in his career due to a spot-fixing scandal in 2010. Despite the incident being over 14 years old, Amir still faces repercussions. Recently, during a match in New York, he was labeled a “fixer” by spectators. Amir, visibly upset, responded swiftly to the taunts.

In the T20 World Cup, Pakistan lost their opening match against the USA in a Super Over, with Amir conceding 18 runs. In the subsequent match against India, despite Amir’s impressive performance, Pakistan lost by 6 runs.

This incident happened after the Pakistan vs Canada game in the ICC T20 World Cup.

We can hear people from the crowd calling Mohamamd Amir a fixer to which Mohammad Amir reacts angrily as you can see.

Is this the way a player should react?

or do you think what Amir did was the right response?

View attachment ssstwitter.com_1718278274497.mp4

But this is also a reflection on the quality of our supporters too.
Supporters are just calling him by what he has done. Remember he never even showed any remorse during his trial. I understand making a mistake but continuing to defend that during the trial clearly shows his character.

Supporters are just calling him by what he has done. Remember he never even showed any remorse during his trial. I understand making a mistake but continuing to defend that during the trial clearly shows his character.
He did accept his mistake then but TBH this is not how he should have responded that guy calling him fixer. Even though the crowd should also be not saying such kind of stuff.

Look how Smith, Warner reacts to sandpaper trolls on the field. When you have done something accept it and move on. There is no point in getting angry, sometimes ignoring is best thing to do.

I think the Urdu word to describe that is "haqarat" - guess said with disgust which makes me unhappy.

Make no mistake, I absolutely hate him for the 2010 stuff but if I meet him, will I shout "fixer"? Never in a million years
Audience heckling is part & parcel of professional sports everywhere, even at school level games. Plus, he brought it on himself - he can't just whitewash his past and expect others to be nice to him about it.

Ignore them and move on. Sportspersons should develop thick skin.

You will always have low class hecklers in crowd who feel they can say anything just because they bought a ticket

The memories of his painful super over unlocked the hatred of his historical crimes for many fans.

He seemed to handle this quite well and in the end it's the fan that looks a bit silly.

They wanted a reaction for their video and they got it. It was silly of Amir to react. If he just ignores it, eventually these guys will get bored and move on to something else but now they know he reacts expect more people doing it.

If even if it was Pak fan, they can call him what they want and he has to live with it, but very dumb to call out the MoM. Choose your moment at least.

The verbals that supporters give out in Cricket is nothing compared to the vile abuse that football players get from crowd (although they are much better paid of course). Players have to ignore the verbals and just focus on the field. I think also given the team is losing a lot the supporters are pretty frustrated and taking it out on him he has to take it up I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
These fans would only really say this from the comfort of a crowd, for all those justifying it, would such individuals keep that energy if they were stood right before Amir? chances are they would keep quiet to avoid a severe beating

He probably celebrated when Amir was taking wickets🤦🏻‍♂️

This is what I don’t get with some fans, they don’t stay true to themselves.

“Oh Amir is a fixer, he shouldn’t be in the team”.

*After he does well*

“I must admit, Amir is bowling some heat, easily better than Shaheen, c’mon Amir”.

“After the match”

“still a fixer though and shouldn’t be in the team”

Amir made a mistake and he served his time. He shouldn't be harassed anymore. The fan was idiot.

I think the Urdu word to describe that is "haqarat" - guess said with disgust which makes me unhappy.

Make no mistake, I absolutely hate him for the 2010 stuff but if I meet him, will I shout "fixer"? Never in a million years.
Exactly, these guys are cowards for shouting it from afar knowing full well they are protected by security. At least have the decency to get behind your players if making the effort to get to the ground.

These fans would only really say this from the comfort of a crowd, for all those justifying it, would such individuals keep that energy if they were stood right before Amir? chances are they would keep quiet to avoid a severe beating
I would have. And I have called Azhar a cheat right in front of him while he was participating in an exhibition match and was in nets around 2002. I was one of his biggest fans and cheerleaded him throughout 90s and he repaid by cheating. he deserves whatever came to him.

I would have. And I have called Azhar a cheat right in front of him while he was participating in an exhibition match and was in nets around 2002. I was one of his biggest fans and cheerleaded him throughout 90s and he repaid by cheating. he deserves whatever came to him.

It’s easier saying it online, in-person you’d be fearful for your life and you wouldn’t dare to step up to him lets be real,. You wouldn’t be the first, players have handled such fans in the past quiet well.

Exactly, these guys are cowards for shouting it from afar knowing full well they are protected by security. At least have the decency to get behind your players if making the effort to get to the ground.

He made a stupid mistake and did the time, as a former cricket lover he got back in my good books when he helped Pakistan win the CT 17, and I relived the glory of 2009, it’s a team sport for sure but no Pak fast bowler has thrilled like him and you can’t overlook the trophies, so that warrants some respect. I would much rather take him even with his past over goody two shoes players who despite the hype surrender to teams like Zimbabwe, Ireland and the USA time and time again, whilst choking in key knockout games, there use to be an old saying that once Pak got into the semis, you should fear for your life, these days if you get to play such a weak team in the KO’s it’s a big cause for celebration because you got one foot in the final already.

All is fair in love and war

Well the difference is that one guy is an actual criminal who shouldn't even have a bank account, let alone a place in the national side.

The others are just players who arent that good.

My suggestion is keep your hate on an even keel.

Well the difference is that one guy is an actual criminal who shouldn't even have a bank account, let alone a place in the national side.

One is a convicted criminal and the other has symbolically committed crimes and atrocities towards Pakistan cricket that are extremely damaging

As a Pakistan cricket fan, I know who I want to hold accountable for the love I have lost for this team.

It’s easier saying it online, in-person you’d be fearful for your life and you wouldn’t dare to step up to him lets be real,. You wouldn’t be the first, players have handled such fans in the past quiet well.
As I said, I have called out in person during a practice session. I was not the only one , there were few more. No shouting or heckling or getting into fights. Just looking directly at him and saying you cheated and disappointed your fans. That’s all. He just stared and Arshad Ayub ( who is also an ex cricketer) took him away. Security came and asked us to stay back and not to be in the hearing range. That’s all the consequences

But this is also a reflection on the quality of our supporters too.
Well, fans are always going to be crass. Aussie fans are even worse that too towards their own players. My main problem with Amir is his entitlement. The guy acts and behaves as if he is some God type figure.

This I agree with you. Amir shouldn’t be playing for Pakistan. Pakistan absolutely can find a bowler who is clean, hard working and just as good as Amir if they looked around their first class scene. Pakistan problem is not lack of talent but mostly poor cricket administration

This I agree with you. Amir shouldn’t be playing for Pakistan. Pakistan absolutely can find a bowler who is clean, hard working and just as good as Amir if they looked around their first class scene. Pakistan problem is not lack of talent but mostly poor cricket administration
Yeah you all said that 4 years ago only to beg Amir to come back

As I said, I have called out in person during a practice session. I was not the only one , there were few more. No shouting or heckling or getting into fights. Just looking directly at him and saying you cheated and disappointed your fans. That’s all. He just stared and Arshad Ayub ( who is also an ex cricketer) took him away. Security came and asked us to stay back and not to be in the hearing range. That’s all the consequences

So security saved you from a savage beating and you called him out from a safe distance, fair enough

Well why haven’t Pakistan then.

I believed Amir was done too and it’s better to invest in the younger guys, but over the last couple of years none of them learned anything and continually got injured.

Couple that with the schooling he’s given the whole attack this tournament (Shaheen who), it’s even more obvious why you need Amir’s experience in the short term.

Well there’s subtle corruption or at the very least conflict of interest with the other players too.

Selecting friends, talent agency favours etc.

@Rana - I’ll join you in the Zimbabar chants

So security saved you from a savage beating and you called him out from a safe distance, fair enough
lol. I don’t know where you are where players or their security is beating up their fans. There is no one beating others savagely. Where is the incidence of any fan getting beaten up the way. And security came to us after Azhar had left.

Just so you know i have played age cricket for my state and have seen literally 100s of people saying stuff like that to players. No one gets beaten up. Players are not mafia bosses.

Fast bowler Mohammad Amir, once a rising star in cricket, faced a setback in his career due to a spot-fixing scandal in 2010. Despite the incident being over 14 years old, Amir still faces repercussions. Recently, during a match in New York, he was labeled a “fixer” by spectators. Amir, visibly upset, responded swiftly to the taunts.

In the T20 World Cup, Pakistan lost their opening match against the USA in a Super Over, with Amir conceding 18 runs. In the subsequent match against India, despite Amir’s impressive performance, Pakistan lost by 6 runs.

This incident happened after the Pakistan vs Canada game in the ICC T20 World Cup.

We can hear people from the crowd calling Mohamamd Amir a fixer to which Mohammad Amir reacts angrily as you can see.

View attachment 144481
This fan is so cringe!! Bhai sledge karna hai get a witty line at least.

Yes, actions have consequences, but people change. How unfair and unjust is it to continually taunt someone for the rest of their life for the actions they committed long ago in their youth especially. I'm shocked that many posters here justified bullying Amir for the rest of his life. By this logic, why stop in this life? Should he have a bad after life too because of that? Should we all be taunted all our lives for the mistakes that we've made in our lives that no-one here knows about? Ridiculous

Yes, one guy is an actual criminal who served his time, returned and worked his way back up. When was the crime? 13+ years ago. Did he serve his ban? Yes.

Babar is an active cause for the demise of Pakistan cricket. He's not former, he's current. Pak cricket has been stagnant for the last 4 years and he's a huge part of it. I actually like the dude, but I'm being real here

heckling is part of the game. you can probably eject people out for constantly yelling profanities or making racist remarks. but its impossible to police supporters heckling even if they are being mean. Players should just ignore this. its part and parcel of being a professional player.

the same people would be cheering loudest if he wins them a game

heckling is part of the game. you can probably eject people out for constantly yelling profanities or making racist remarks. but its impossible to police supporters heckling even if they are being mean. Players should just ignore this. its part and parcel of being a professional player.

The point is, its after the game! These type of people are utter idiots and make a moron out of the whole nation in front of the world.

The point is, its after the game! These type of people are utter idiots and make a moron out of the whole nation in front of the world.
There will always be morons, but many of them are attention seekers. They are desperate for the player to react and that's why they do this.

What about the Morons running around Babar Azam looking for his autograph after the 2023 World Cup horror show?

What about the Morons running around Babar Azam looking for his autograph after the 2023 World Cup horror show?
Cheering your team despite losses is still heartening and appreciable!
But fans for only the good times is pathetic honestly and pretty pedestrian. No wonder every casual guy is an Brazil or Argentina fan in Football or a Ferrari fan for F1 without caring about the sport. Everyone loves a winner but true fans are forever.

Look how Smith, Warner reacts to sandpaper trolls on the field.

I have witnessed this in person at Headingley. I don’t like Warner, a very shady and thin skinned character — the sooner he retires in full, the better for the game — but Steve Smith is a nice lad, and a very good sport.

Yes, actions have consequences, but people change. How unfair and unjust is it to continually taunt someone for the rest of their life for the actions they committed long ago in their youth especially. I'm shocked that many posters here justified bullying Amir for the rest of his life. By this logic, why stop in this life? Should he have a bad after life too because of that? Should we all be taunted all our lives for the mistakes that we've made in our lives that no-one here knows about? Ridiculous

You obviously missed my posts above.

Please read again.

I am not asking people to be abusive to Amir.

What I am reacting to is some suggestion that same should be done to Babar.

Both of these ideas are despicable.

You obviously missed my posts above.

Please read again.

I am not asking people to be abusive to Amir.

What I am reacting to is some suggestion that same should be done to Babar.

Both of these ideas are despicable.
My comments were about some other posters especially at the start of this thread, who are all justifying lifelong abuse of Amir. I get where you're coming from

He should ignore it for sure. I would have assumed he's used to it by now but this is quite personal. I wouldn't want to be held accountable for something I did ages ago and repented for for the rest of my life. It is against Islamic values too if anyone ever wants to go down that route

This is something Amir has to live with. Trolls will use this against him for as long as he stays in public eye.

Its hard to not ignore such trolls, but he has to become very disciplined about it. Reacting to calls from Trolls will make them do even more.

This is something Amir has to live with. Trolls will use this against him for as long as he stays in public eye.

Its hard to not ignore such trolls, but he has to become very disciplined about it. Reacting to calls from Trolls will make them do even more.

I don't think we will see him in Pakistan colours again after this World Cup so this issue is short-lived.

Ground ain’t getting any better without sunshine

It’s completely overcast there at the moment apparently

View attachment 144481
It's a fact. Mazhar Majeed may have paid well but a lifetime of humiliation has followed him.

But amir is built like a twig.

Back