[VIDEO] Shouts of parchi parchi - Unfair on Shan Masood?

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Shan being called 'parchi' by the Karachi crowd

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="x543nc8"><a href="https://imgur.com/x543nc8">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shan being called 'parchi' by the Karachi crowd

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="x543nc8"><a href="https://imgur.com/x543nc8">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Harsh but fair. The lad has been humiliated because Sethi and his mates are trying to please his dad. He deserves better and he should have seen this coming

Harsh but fair. The lad has been humiliated because Sethi and his mates are trying to please his dad. He deserves better and he should have seen this coming

Whatever the circumstances, I would never agree with abusing our own players on the field of play. That's out of order - who needs enemies when you have "fans" like these.

Whatever the circumstances, I would never agree with abusing our own players on the field of play. That's out of order - who needs enemies when you have "fans" like these.

Your right but who put the lad in this terrible situation for political purposes. Fans will vent their frustration at players they feel are being picked for reasons other than performance.

More over, the scheme this guy played on social media reminds you of BJP's IT cell where they spread rumor and lies - we were made to read over and over again that this is the HARDEST worker in the squad - and no one can come close to his hard work - and he is the fittest, and he has the most muscular strength and he is Pakistan's Kohli in the Gym, and he has six packs and he is pure muscle and zero fat, and he spends day n night in the nets and he sprints 100 miles everyday, and he has put a tent next to the training facility where you know, he works very hard, does not go home, and works very hard, and does not party, and works very hard, hard work hard work and more hard work.

More over, the scheme this guy played on social media reminds you of BJP's IT cell where they spread rumor and lies - we were made to read over and over again that this is the HARDEST worker in the squad - and no one can come close to his hard work - and he is the fittest, and he has the most muscular strength and he is Pakistan's Kohli in the Gym, and he has six packs and he is pure muscle and zero fat, and he spends day n night in the nets and he sprints 100 miles everyday, and he has put a tent next to the training facility where you know, he works very hard, does not go home, and works very hard, and does not party, and works very hard, hard work hard work and more hard work.

The enablers end up doing damage to the careers of players they are desperate to promote. Better for them to let the players runs and wickets speak.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Is video ko dekh ke bohat afsoos hua. Aisay taunts ka shikaar mein khud bhi raha hoon. <a href="https://twitter.com/shani_official?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@shani_official</a> is one of the most hardworking & fittest player in the team with amazing work ethics. He has earned his spot through various performances & a lot of runs <a href="https://t.co/9hj9JbDrmt">pic.twitter.com/9hj9JbDrmt</a></p>— Iftikhar Ahmad (@IftiMania) <a href="https://twitter.com/IftiMania/status/1655649391787532315?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 8, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Is video ko dekh ke bohat afsoos hua. Aisay taunts ka shikaar mein khud bhi raha hoon. <a href="https://twitter.com/shani_official?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@shani_official</a> is one of the most hardworking & fittest player in the team with amazing work ethics. He has earned his spot through various performances & a lot of runs <a href="https://t.co/9hj9JbDrmt">pic.twitter.com/9hj9JbDrmt</a></p>— Iftikhar Ahmad (@IftiMania) <a href="https://twitter.com/IftiMania/status/1655649391787532315?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 8, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Ifti needs to stay out of this.

Shan deserves this. Crowd are not stupid.

Ifti needs to stay out of this.

Shan deserves this. Crowd are not stupid.

And Amir too

nqwj1v4.png

And Amir too

nqwj1v4.png

That is an insult to the thousands upon thousands of players in domestic cricket who work just as hard but can’t run to Abbu jaan to pull some strings in the PCB to play their son by force.

I’m usually against these chants, like the one for Khushdil. But this time, it is justified. There’s enough evidence to suggest that Shan really is playing only due to his dad. Getting selected 10 years in a row just because who your father is, when there’s superior players to you.

Everyone has to work hard to play internationals. This is not some one in a million trait lol.

Hardworking tou mazdoor bhi hota hai.

Shan might be the most hardworking but he has zero ability to excel in international cricket. There are thousands of players who work their backsides off but if you are not good enough you are not good enough.

I guess fans mindset is that just because a player is hard working, it doesn't mean he can avoid criticism and chants from the crowd.

Also this isn't a new thing, crowds have done this for many years.

Can’t blame Shan. I mean what is he supposed to say when selected , don’t pick me !
Have to blame the selectors and PCB administrators for this farce .

I remember I had the honour of screaming Parchi to Imran Farhat at the top of my lungs at Edgebaston 2013 during the CT game against SA.

Everyone in my stand followed me in doing this every time the ball came to Farhat

Fans have the right to voice their opinions; it's up to athletes and professionals to keep out the noise.

Shan Masood has no business being in this team on the basis of being hard working, when there are literally dozens of other hard working cricketers with more talent than him. Hopefully management realise what's best for him and drop him for good.

I remember I had the honour of screaming Parchi to Imran Farhat at the top of my lungs at Edgebaston 2013 during the CT game against SA.

Everyone in my stand followed me in doing this every time the ball came to Farhat

Farhat has actually scored some meaningful runs for Pakistan unlike Shan.

I still remember his stylish Anwar like hundred against India.

Oh man, I was there too, scoring at snails pace chasing a low total lead by Misbah to eventually lose as usual.

Shaan needs to privately tell Sethi to stop damaging his career. This isn't Politics or civil service where you can do nothing except say yes sir and get decades free ride. Its about runs and he ain't scoring

Last edited by a moderator:
Very jahil and cheap/low class thing to do to any player.

By all accounts Shan Masood is a top bloke.

Rather than hardworking i'd like to have a Flintoff or Akhtar boozing before games and then getting a 5fer

It is not Shan’s fault that he’s in the team. The captain and the selectors need to be held accountable.

Can’t blame the crowd either but Shan does not deserve this. Those selecting him need to answer

Fans pay their hard earning money to buy tickets. They have ever right to voice their opinion, as long as they aren’t being abusive, and calling someone parchi isn’t abusive. If the fans were using expletives, then that isn’t justified but calling a parchi a parchi is fair, in my opinion.

I am guessing all players nowadays have to have a thick skin.

Whilst shouting in a ground is quite common, we don't know what sort of abuse he is getting on social media - applies to all players.

I want to hear from the people who wanted him to be the captain. [MENTION=147292]RedwoodOriginal[/MENTION]

We have plenty of better players than Shan Masood but yet hes continuously played and favoured. First his best format was Tests then it became T20s now its ODIs. Such players will always struggle to succeed.

It's a shame to see it happen. Shan is a player that I have always wanted to do well, because if he did well it would solve so many problems for us.

However, he has now been given ample opportunities. He gains nothing from playing these dead rubbers.

I have said numerous times that the best action for his long term career is to grab the Yorkshire job with both hands and play county cricket until he retires into the commentary box.

I hope someone gives him the advice to now give up on international cricket.

Similar to Kushdil, you can not blame a player for being picked.

The blame is on the management who decides to keep such players in the squad and give them excessive games.

Dress it up as much as you like, parchi in itself may not be strictly be abuse, but screaming it like that at the player with such hostility is definitely abuse.

Shan may have failed at batting and is generally quite poor, but he still has a job to do as a fielder and if the fans can't get behind him then should at least stay quiet.

I want to hear from the people who wanted him to be the captain. [MENTION=147292]RedwoodOriginal[/MENTION]

Two things can be equally applicable:

1 - Yes, he probably doesn’t warrant a place in the squad, given his numbers and other
options

2 - The player doesn’t need to be humiliated by fans. Supporters need to support, rather than act like petulant children.

The responsibility of all this falls on the PCB selection committee. However, given how well Shan acquitted himself at Derby, I don’t see Mickey moving him on anytime soon.

I don't think that the person who called Naseem Shah "the worst bowler in the world" and Haris Rauf "a street bowler" has any right to ask other people about their past opinions on certain players.

This is one of the major problems in our society.

Chore ko chore he kehna chahiyay - but because everyone is a chore - so one chore comes into the Defence of the other chore.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in naming and shaming the culprits because that’s the way to progress, fairness, justice and fighting against corruption.

If every Tom Dick and Harry in the team has come out in defence of Shan Masood then it should tell you that majority among us is corrupt, timid and shameless.

This is one of the major problems in our society.

Chore ko chore he kehna chahiyay - but because everyone is a chore - so one chore comes into the Defence of the other chore.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in naming and shaming the culprits because that’s the way to progress, fairness, justice and fighting against corruption.

If every Tom Dick and Harry in the team has come out in defence of Shan Masood then it should tell you that majority among us is corrupt, timid and shameless.

Iftichacha is defending a coworker. Quite natural.

[MENTION=147292]RedwoodOriginal[/MENTION]

When can we expect "Shan isn't good enough" thread?

The amount of abuse that Players go through is very demoralizing. The mental toughness must be appreciated.

I remember my father telling me a story about a World Cup match at Headingley between Pakistan and Sri Lanka going back to 1983.

Pakistan won due to Imran Khan's fine century and Abdul Qadir taking 5 wickets, but Zaheer Abbas copped a lot of abuse and stick from Pakistani fans that day for his lacklustre effort.

If Zaheer Abbas can get stick from Pakistani fans, then I guess anyone can.

One can say all of these good things about Bazid Khan as well (he is the son of Pakistan legend Majid Khan) Well educated, fit, hard worker, Good English. But he could not elevate his cricket from First class level. If we take one look at Bazid and Shan Masood's First Class Stats & LC stats they are similar. However Bazid Played 1 test and 5 Odi and then he was dropped for good. He became a commentator. This is how it should been with Shan Masood. He continues to plague the Pakistan team. There are lots of talented players who get sidelined and dropped forever. Look at Khurram Manzoor he made his debut in the same match as Shan, Khurram's average in tests is same as Shan. However Khurram's Career has been over, years ago.
How Many careers have already been Destroyed because of Shan Massod?
Ahmed Shahzad he averages 40 in Test matches but never got a chance in Tests again. Sami Aslam the poor guy left the country, he was technically a better player. Now it is Abdullah Shafique, he deserved an extended run, but no. Imam ul Haq he scores a century and gets sidelined, while Shan gets his spot. How...

Shan Masood has received enough chances now and cannot complain if he never wears the Pakistan cap again. Whatever his pros such as fitness, tactical intelligence and work ethic - you've got to translate domestic form into internationals and he's simply not done that consistently.

However at the same time I don't condone such badtameezi from our crowds. Paying money for a ticket doesn't entitle you to abuse a cricketer whatever their shortcomings. Am I entitled to also invade the pitch or hurl missiles at players simply because I paid for a ticket ?

No player in their right mind would turn down an international cap. Any abuse should be directed at the selectors, or more likely the Chairman and his sidekick who clearly have a soft spot for him.

Shan Masood has received enough chances now and cannot complain if he never wears the Pakistan cap again. Whatever his pros such as fitness, tactical intelligence and work ethic - you've got to translate domestic form into internationals and he's simply not done that consistently.

However at the same time I don't condone such badtameezi from our crowds. Paying money for a ticket doesn't entitle you to abuse a cricketer whatever their shortcomings. Am I entitled to also invade the pitch or hurl missiles at players simply because I paid for a ticket ?

No player in their right mind would turn down an international cap. Any abuse should be directed at the selectors, or more likely the Chairman and his sidekick who clearly have a soft spot for him.

Come on mate, how else are they going to raise their grievances? and more importantly, be heard in Pakistan. Even then, if am upset with selections say over here, am I going to Bottesford to hunt down Luke Wright? I could get my keyboard out and write an email or send a tweet but what am I really achieving. This is nothing new, just look at footy fans protesting at grounds, this not in the least bit as bad. Unfortunately, this is the only way for the fans to be heard. Shan, if he had any decency or love for Pakistan, should retire. He needs to be honest with himself. He’s a clever guy and will have plenty of other opportunities.

Come on mate, how else are they going to raise their grievances? and more importantly, be heard in Pakistan. Even then, if am upset with selections say over here, am I going to Bottesford to hunt down Luke Wright? I could get my keyboard out and write an email or send a tweet but what am I really achieving. This is nothing new, just look at footy fans protesting at grounds, this not in the least bit as bad. Unfortunately, this is the only way for the fans to be heard. Shan, if he had any decency or love for Pakistan, should retire. He needs to be honest with himself. He’s a clever guy and will have plenty of other opportunities.

Glad you brought this up cos footy fans do not tend to abuse their own players at a game en masse if they agree with the selection or not. Protesting against the board/owners is a different matter.

Come on mate, how else are they going to raise their grievances? and more importantly, be heard in Pakistan. Even then, if am upset with selections say over here, am I going to Bottesford to hunt down Luke Wright? I could get my keyboard out and write an email or send a tweet but what am I really achieving. This is nothing new, just look at footy fans protesting at grounds, this not in the least bit as bad.

Unfortunately, this is the only way for the fans to be heard.

Shan, if he had any decency or love for Pakistan, should retire. He needs to be honest with himself. He’s a clever guy and will have plenty of other opportunities.

This!
Excellent point.
This is the only way fans are heard.

The team mates are browning their nose to save their own rear end.

Whoever is the father of Shan Masood, but he sure seems to have a serious pawa in PCB.

Regardless of who the chairman is, they can’t seem to touch Shan Masood. And his fellow team mates are well aware of it.

[utube]quePMIpEd4U[/utube]

I have a pretty strong feeling that this was staged question pre-approved by Afridi, and he had the answer ready to give a very subtle message in the form of a sweet pill.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I completely disagree with Shan’s selection across the formats given his limited ability (Has been discussed time and time again) and he is 33-34 with not much roam to improve on as well but, I don’t think such chants should be there.

Its PCB and its selection committee which deserves the anti chants if anyone as they are the one who selected him.

I feel bad for Shan, but I don't blame the fans for their reaction. The truth has to be heard one way or another. The selectors need to get it into their heads that this guy is not international standard. The more he plays, the more he will fail and the more fan resentment will grow, which I'm sure is very unpleasant for him.

Moving on from him once and for all is a win-win for all parties!

Back