[VIDEOS] Talent Spotter: Mohammad Zeeshan

Excellent prospect.

Tall, patient, and built like a tank.

Needs to put in a lot of work in the longest format but his growth has been consistent since he was unearthed as a young prospect. He has everything a fast bowling prospect needs to become international quality.

somebody write to Hafeez and Wahab and ask them to ensure he gets 20 FC games in next 2 seasons before he is picked for any Pakistan side

Mohammad Zeeshan delivered a stellar performance with the ball, securing figures of 4/46 against India U19s in the ACC U-19 Asia Cup 2023. During the post-match interview with a local channel, he said:

"I had thought about taking out the whole India team but Allah swt allowed me to take 4 wickets instead."

View attachment 139966
I don't know why Pak players make comments like this. It sounds ridiculous.

Why can't we see 7ft fast bowlers with Waqar, Shoaib, Malinga type slinging actions?

He looked like a genuine prospect in PJL and seems to have gotten better since. Was around 130k's in PJL and might be around more 135 at this point. Got the ball to swing a bit too. Big question mark will forever be health but if healthy, he's got the pace, height & bounce to be a lethal bowler.

Disappointing that the U-19 tournament doesn't have a radar gun. What else can you expect from cheap ACC organizers.

Why can't we see 7ft fast bowlers with Waqar, Shoaib, Malinga type slinging actions?
Harder on the body, esp on the back.

Being 6’7” and above you are already more prone to injury due to size.

That’s why most at that size go for the front on bowling action.

He looked like a genuine prospect in PJL and seems to have gotten better since. Was around 130k's in PJL and might be around more 135 at this point. Got the ball to swing a bit too. Big question mark will forever be health but if healthy, he's got the pace, height & bounce to be a lethal bowler.

Disappointing that the U-19 tournament doesn't have a radar gun. What else can you expect from cheap ACC organizers.
He bowls around 138-140k as per his claim after the match, he does seems 134-138k to the naked eye as well hopefully in couple of years he will increase his pace and become 138-145k bowler consistently and that is enough pace for his height

yeah the improvement in 12 months has been great . Last year he looked an interesting prospect this year he looks an outstanding prospect

Now onus is on PCB to ensure he is valuable in all 3 formats and does not turn in to a pajama league mercenary because leagues will come looking for him.

People might dislike me saying this. But test cricket isn't everything. Why risk him by pushing his fragile body through 5 day cricket.

We can utilise him well in limited overs. If we push him for FC and test cricket he could face fitness issues and lose his zip.

In PJL he was visibly slower and was clocking between 128-133k with 135k his quickest I have seen. But this year he is consistently above 135k+ from the naked eye plus alot more pace off the surface as well.

Mohammad Zeeshan is the leading wicket-taker in the ongoing ACC U-19 Asia Cup 2023 with 10 wickets, far ahead of the second-leading wicket-taker, UAE's Dhruv, who has 6 wickets.

Muhammad Zeeshan looked great yesterday. It would be really good to see this guy making to national side and rattling indian stumps there.
Mohammad Zeeshan is the leading wicket-taker in the ongoing ACC U-19 Asia Cup 2023 with 10 wickets, far ahead of the second-leading wicket-taker, UAE's Dhruv, who has 6 wickets.

People might dislike me saying this. But test cricket isn't everything. Why risk him by pushing his fragile body through 5 day cricket.

We can utilise him well in limited overs. If we push him for FC and test cricket he could face fitness issues and lose his zip.
Because suppose if a guy his build had ~50 wickets in 15-20 FC games, he would be a shoo-in for the current Pakistan tour of Australia. And if we don't prioritize Tests, we'll end up like WI and probably even lose Test status.

In PJL he was visibly slower and was clocking between 128-133k with 135k his quickest I have seen. But this year he is consistently above 135k+ from the naked eye plus alot more pace off the surface as well.
I think some balls are around the 88mph mark. He looks stronger at the crease and staying tall. The real surprise is the movement.

Good for him and Pakistan that the U19 WC has been moved from SL to RSA. Bouncier wickets should suit him.

His action is injury prone but if he remains fit so later in his career he will easily touch 95 mph.
Most bowling actions are injury prone, some more than others. The PCB has to wrap him in cotton wool and given him the best chance. History shows it may not work and it will be a short career

His action is injury prone but if he remains fit so later in his career he will easily touch 95 mph.
easily touch 95? thats the kinda comments that ruin young players, no one easily touches 95. whats more is that he doesnt need to touch 95, with his build he needs to economise his action for movement and bounce, consistent high 80s would be very good for him.

garner, ambrose, walsh, reid, jamieson, none of them bowled 95+, for that you need the sling and whip of shorter limbs, like lee, shoaib, edwards, tait, wood, etc. you say his action is injury prone then want him to hasten the injuries, lol.

let him develop at his own pace, literal pace, and leave the goal setting to the experts, cos despite the hate they get they clearly know far far more than the average commenter on here.

Hope this guy focuses on line, length and swinging the ball rather then being obsessed with pace.

Pace is a gift, but it gets you so far. In real cricket you need to get the art of bowling. Liked Naseem Shah's message for these guys, line and length + swing/seam is equally as important.

What makes people think he is fragile he has the most developed body I have seen in a long time for an Asian cricketer I think with proper fitness maintenance he can have a durability of a Broad or Starc.

And it’s rubbish that bowlers lose zip by playing test cricket did Wasim, Waqar, Stetn, Cummins lose their zip by playing test cricket it’s usually the other way around players who don’t focus on red ball cricket eventually lose their effectiveness for white ball cricket especially with Odis and then later on even T 20 Shadab is a prime example of this even Rauf

This guy has got all the weapons up his sleeves. Pace, swing, seam, and bounce. He is also taller than other bowlers and his height will increase by 1 or 2 inches more as he is still young. He can also hit the ball. He just needs to be careful about his fitness and play red-ball format more and he will be a beast of a bowler in coming days.

He just does not have to do anything but just keep playing and keep remain fit and in couple of years he will get more stronger and his pace will increase by 5-7K and will become a literal beast with the ball in the mould of Ambrose.

Zeeshan got a wicket is the Semi-final against UAE that is still going on. A wonderful start for him again.

Geoff Lawson speaking about working with U19 pacer Mohammad Zeeshan in his exclusive interview with PakPassion:

"He's a really nice kid, really very respectful. He listened and learned in the couple of weeks we had there. I thought he progressed just in that short time so he's a quick learner and you know when you're that tall he bowled outswingers from that height which was unbelievable. He had the guys in the nets looking a little bit worried when they faced him, so he was good"

Mohammad Zeeshan impressed with his pace and bounce in the recently concluded U19 Asia Cup and now he has earned his reward by getting selected for Paksiatn's U19 team for the U19 World Cup 2024. Hope he can do well in South Africa as well where the pitches do help the pacers.

Towering Zeeshan aims to bowl Pakistan to victory in the U19 World Cup

Fast bowler Mohammad Zeeshan is eager to send down thunderbolts and disturb the batters at the ICC Men’s U19 World Cup 2024. He boasts a towering presence at 6 feet 8 inches, and enjoys the extra bounce that he extracts on all surfaces. Zeeshan started his cricket in a village on the outskirts of Faisalabad, where he used to play a lot of tape-ball cricket before shifting to leather-ball cricket.

In a chat with PCB Digital, he shared, “My parents have played a great role in my career so far. They have looked after my needs and supported me throughout. I started playing proper cricket after joining Faisal Cricket Club in Faisalabad. I was selected to play for Central Punjab U19 after trials. I featured in the National U19 Cup 2021-22 and as a result, the coaches summoned me to Pakistan U19 training camp for ICC Men’s U19 World Cup 2022.”

Zeeshan was added to Pakistan’s squad for the 2022 U19 World Cup as a travelling reserve. He made his debut for Pakistan U19 in the home One-Day series against Bangladesh in Multan where he took six wickets in three games.

His breakthrough moment came when he became the leading wicket-taker of the Pakistan Junior League with 14 wickets in eight games. Zeeshan also received his solitary List A cap in Pakistan Cup 2021-22, representing Central Punjab.

Talking about his skills as a fast bowler he stated, “Hitting the good length is my strength. I extract uneven bounce and enjoy disturbing the batters from that area. While opening the bowling I intend to make the batter play the ball and outfox him with out-swing. I’m blessed with unusual height and often batters are under pressure while facing me.”

Zeeshan featured in the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2023-24 and bagged the second-best bowling figures for Pakistan U19, besides Shaheen Shah Afridi, in a One-Day game with figures of 6-19 against Nepal U19. He ended the tournament as the second-leading wicket-taker with 11 scalps.

“We had a ten-day camp at NCA before leaving for the World Cup, which put us in great stead,” Zeeshan said. “The best thing is that our players are fit and willing to do well. The preparations have been top notch and we aim to win the World Cup for the country.”

Towering Zeeshan aims to bowl Pakistan to victory in the U19 World Cup

Fast bowler Mohammad Zeeshan is eager to send down thunderbolts and disturb the batters at the ICC Men’s U19 World Cup 2024. He boasts a towering presence at 6 feet 8 inches, and enjoys the extra bounce that he extracts on all surfaces. Zeeshan started his cricket in a village on the outskirts of Faisalabad, where he used to play a lot of tape-ball cricket before shifting to leather-ball cricket.

In a chat with PCB Digital, he shared, “My parents have played a great role in my career so far. They have looked after my needs and supported me throughout. I started playing proper cricket after joining Faisal Cricket Club in Faisalabad. I was selected to play for Central Punjab U19 after trials. I featured in the National U19 Cup 2021-22 and as a result, the coaches summoned me to Pakistan U19 training camp for ICC Men’s U19 World Cup 2022.”

Zeeshan was added to Pakistan’s squad for the 2022 U19 World Cup as a travelling reserve. He made his debut for Pakistan U19 in the home One-Day series against Bangladesh in Multan where he took six wickets in three games.

His breakthrough moment came when he became the leading wicket-taker of the Pakistan Junior League with 14 wickets in eight games. Zeeshan also received his solitary List A cap in Pakistan Cup 2021-22, representing Central Punjab.

Talking about his skills as a fast bowler he stated, “Hitting the good length is my strength. I extract uneven bounce and enjoy disturbing the batters from that area. While opening the bowling I intend to make the batter play the ball and outfox him with out-swing. I’m blessed with unusual height and often batters are under pressure while facing me.”

Zeeshan featured in the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2023-24 and bagged the second-best bowling figures for Pakistan U19, besides Shaheen Shah Afridi, in a One-Day game with figures of 6-19 against Nepal U19. He ended the tournament as the second-leading wicket-taker with 11 scalps.

“We had a ten-day camp at NCA before leaving for the World Cup, which put us in great stead,” Zeeshan said. “The best thing is that our players are fit and willing to do well. The preparations have been top notch and we aim to win the World Cup for the country.”
We must expedite this guy's entry into senior side. Looks a great devastating bowler.

This kid is looking ready for international games. Instead of carrying some craps why not give Zeechan a chance to prove his skills

I would build him up for the next World Cup. But, knowing Pakistan he’ll probably make his national debut this year after taking 9-10 wickets in the PSL.

Bit disappointing from Zeeshan - I expected lots of wickets from him.

Was visibly slow today and didn’t bowl his natural length as well, may be he is not the fittest one
The problem was overconfidence and a lack of control over the line. In my opinion, he was hitting good lengths, but the line was off.

Not been too impressed by Zeeshan in this tournament.

Really wanted him to take lots of wickets.

His line is not accurate enough yet and looks toothless with the old ball , doesn’t seems to have a wicket taking delivery to bank on except short of good length away swingers which he actually can’t bowl on consistent basis, if he can become accurate and add some pace then he will be deadly.

His fullish length bowling and even his Yorker doesn’t possess venom to threaten even lower order batsmen which is definitely worrying.

Just got a glimpse of this giant of a bowler, who is still very very raw and needs proper guidance and coaching to succeed at the senior level. Ian Bishop seems to like him but, from what I saw today his bowling needs a lot of improvement, plus is a complete liability on the field.

These are the ups and downs of a young pacer.

Just needs to continue working on his game and he'll be a good one.

His fullish length bowling and even his Yorker doesn’t possess venom to threaten even lower order batsmen which is definitely worrying.
He needs to work on the hard length, his short is too short on bouncy tracks and his full length is too floaty. I see an excellent prospect but Injury is his greatest enemy

Beautiful run up, terrible action.

The guy just drops his head and hopes that the ball will deliver where he aimed at

Beautiful run up, terrible action.

The guy just drops his head and hopes that the ball will deliver where he aimed at
I said that on Page 1 he falls away a lot at the point of release so his momentum isn't going towards the batsman. His action needs further refining.

Stress fracture waiting to happen.1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He's average and nothing special.

Only novelty is his height that's it but he makes no use of it doesn't have pace and doesn't bowl any heavy balls by hitting the deck hard .

Mohammad Zeeshan is the only guy bowling freebies, misfielding, and putting in no effort.

He has taken only six wickets in this ICC U19 World Cup 2024 so far.

Very average bowler at the moment and hasn’t much improved in the last two years despite being with the setup , we can only pray for him that somehow he transform in to a good bowler with time.

Seems like he wasn’t in plans for the World Cup initially but was called at the last moment as we didn’t had any outstanding bowlers for the Worldcup and Aimal Khan proved to be a big age fudger and had to be withdrawn as well so it give Zeeshan a nod but guess what it didn’t work for us,

The most disappointing bowler for Pakistan U19 was Mohammad Zeeshan in the ICC U19 World Cup 2024. It was a pitch tailor made for him. I observed Aussies getting so much bounce from back of the length. He is also tall with raw pace, but couldn't get a single wicket.

The ball just looses its zip for him after pitching and batsmen having ample time to play him with ease even lower order batsmen find him easy to negotiate, reminds of M.Irfan gentle pace when he debut , he was quite slow irrespective of the speed guns still showing 85/86mph but the improved Irfan was getting zip off the surface and was bowling at 87 to 91mph. Hopefully Zeeshan can also achieve those speeds in future.

Useless and Senseless talent he is.

just knows how to throw a ball towrds the stumps that's it!

6 wickets in 5 matches is not great.

I was expecting more. He needs more cricket under his belt and a few tweaks to his action as Ian Pont mentioned.

I've noticed majority of these pacers are wayward. They lack attention to detail and discipline. Something you can't teach unfortunately.

I don't want to be too harsh on any kid because they really are just kids, but I thought he was a little underwhelming. Especially due to all the hype people were giving him

Zeshaan has been a disappointment in this World Cup. He was expected to blow away the batting line but ended up with nothing performance.

Say what you want but I like him. I still feel he has the highest ceiling out of the 3 quicks. His frame, power and ability will set him apart. Learning curve. I know he dint bowl all that well in the semis but musa too outbowled shaheen in u19. We all know who the better bowler is.

He's average and nothing special.

Only novelty is his height that's it but he makes no use of it doesn't have pace and doesn't bowl any heavy balls by hitting the deck hard .
He is young. He needs 1 to 2 seasons in quetta first class system. Then he will shine.

Say what you want but I like him. I still feel he has the highest ceiling out of the 3 quicks. His frame, power and ability will set him apart. Learning curve. I know he dint bowl all that well in the semis but musa too outbowled shaheen in u19. We all know who the better bowler is.
Had the same feeling. Think too many posters are being too harsh on the kid.

The physical blueprint is there for a really fearsome bowler who can bowl bouncers at pace. Just left to the coaching setup to iron out his waywardness and get his speed up

Had the same feeling. Think too many posters are being too harsh on the kid.

The physical blueprint is there for a really fearsome bowler who can bowl bouncers at pace. Just left to the coaching setup to iron out his waywardness and get his speed up
1000%
Sick of seeing all shorties in our lineup except shaheen

He will improve in 3/4 years and no doubt he will play for national side. Just need to work hard and stay fit.

Not all players reach their peak quickly some take time he looks one of those guys , he is with the setup for years but not improved much

He isn't a natural bowler but has enough attributes to be good at the international level. He needs to work on staying tall and not bend down too much at the point of release

THere is no real rhythm to his bowling. He is just big. That's about it. Look at some of the south africans, Aussies. They are smooth start to end.

Junaid Khan didn't want to tweak anyone's actions during the WC.

They will go back and work with him along with the others now. I wouldn't give up on him as he's young and there are certain qualities he has that can help push him to new heights.

It will take time but that's fine at his age.

Back