[VIDEOS] Young Talent in PSL 8: The 5 to watch

Bewal Express

ODI Star
Runs
I don't care for any particular team but I am looking forward to watching the development of these 5 young players.

Ihsanullah
He has all the attributes to be a very good fast bowler. He is tall and fast and will trouble the best players. His lengths maybe a problem but I am hoping he makes a real impact as we need tall fast bowlers.

Zeeshan Zameer
Looked amongst the best young PK bowlers last year and I am hoping that despite a horrible injury, he comes back just as strong. He hits the bat hard and surprises batsman with pace off the pitch. A real prospect

Saim Ayub
He is definitely amongst the best PK batting prospects and it will be interesting to see if he can cope with expectations to score big runs and quickly. Really looking forward to seeing his development.

Shawaiz Irfan
A young player that can hit and we need hitters with too many that don't have the talent to hit and score big. It will be interesting to see how he develops especially as we need young/ wk batsman and this lad could go all the way.

Haseebullah
We need players to emerge from Balochistan. And this guy has the vibes of QDK. Great hands, with excellent bat speed and looks to score big. Another great propect that could make a real impact

Last edited by a moderator:
Haseebullah has QDQ vibes?

I’ve heard it all now

Sometimes a totally left field selection becomes a star. I wonder if there is someone out there that will become a star.

Sometimes a totally left field selection becomes a star. I wonder if there is someone out there that will become a star.

I’m very hopeful over Arafat Minhas and Omair Bin Yousuf. Both have the temperament alongside the skill set to succeed. Really looking forward to how they and Qasim Akram do,

Also, don’t be surprised if one of the new LQ PDP lads make an impact

I’m very hopeful over Arafat Minhas and Omair Bin Yousuf. Both have the temperament alongside the skill set to succeed. Really looking forward to how they and Qasim Akram do,

Also, don’t be surprised if one of the new LQ PDP lads make an impact

Omair has talent but lacks intent at times. He needs to set himself free and play. Arafat is unorthodox,with a hockey type hitting( Dan Mousely who plays for Warwickshire is similar) and although it looks awkward, it can be effective. Let's hope they get chances to shine

In your list I’d replace Haseebullah with Arafat Minhas, otherwise I’m very hopeful about Shahwaiz in particular, as you said a WK who could be a destructive batsman and someone with proper cricketing shots is very exciting.

The HBL Pakistan Super League has served as a launching pad for several talented youngsters over the years as the exposure to quality cricket in the presence of national and international stars helps them to enhance their skillset.

Fakhar Zaman, Hasan Ali, Shadab Khan, Haris Rauf, Haider Ali and Mohammad Haris are examples of players who have shot to prominence from the HBL PSL platform and gone on to prove their mettle on the international stage.

Some of the newcomers excited to showcase their skills in HBL PSL 2023 include Multan Sultans’ Arafat Minhas, Karachi Kings’ Muhammad Irfan Khan, Peshawar Zalmi’s Haseebullah, Lahore Qalandars’ Shawaiz Irfan, Quetta Gladiators’ Aimal Khan and Islamabad United’s Hassan Nawaz.

All six future stars with the exception of Arafat, selected in the supplementary round, have been picked in the emerging category for their respective franchise. This young lot will be eager to establish their credentials as the tournament commences in Multan on 13 February with the opening match between Multan Sultans and Lahore Qalandars.

Arafat Minhas – Multan Sultans

Arafat has enjoyed a successful run in the series between Pakistan U19 and Bangladesh U19 in November 2022, where he bagged the player of the series award at the end of the three one-days having scored 171 runs with two half-centuries. He also managed to take three wickets. His impressive performances in the Pakistan Cup saw him being attached to Pakistan Test squad for the first Test against New Zealand in December with the objective of providing international exposure and experience.

Belonging to Multan, Arafat is looking forward to representing the city of his birth.

“It is an unbelievable feeling and a great opportunity to express myself. I want to prove that I can compete on big stage. To be honest I am not giving myself and specific targets and goals, I just want to go out and express myself and learn from the biggest stars of the game.”

“I hope to get tips from the best hitter in the game David Miller with whom I’ll be sharing the dressing room. My favourite memory from the HBL PSL is Rilee Rossouw's breathtaking hundred in Multan against Quetta Gladiators in HBL PSL 2020.”

Muhammad Irfan Khan – Karachi Kings

A product of the PCB’s age-group programme, middle-order batter Muhammad Irfan Khan has represented Pakistan in two ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cups in 2020 and 2022. The 20-year-old made 141 runs in nine innings in the National T20 2022-23 at a strike-rate of 153.26 with a 31-ball 57 against Balochistan being the highlight of his campaign.

“Getting selected for the first time in the HBL PSL is certainly a satisfying feeling. I want to perform well in this tournament as the HBL PSL stage propels you to the limelight and you can boost your case for selection in the national team.”

“In Karachi Kings, I will have the opportunity of interacting with my cricketing idol Shoaib Malik, who has a lot of experience playing for Pakistan and in leagues around the globe. He is also a middle-order batter like me so I will definitely use the opportunity to learn from him.”

“Daren Sammy’s heroics for Peshawar Zalmi in the HBL PSL 2018 match against Quetta Gladiators was a memorable moment. He was unfit during the chase but still helped Peshawar win the match at a time when they required 16 off 7 balls.”

Haseebullah – Peshawar Zalmi

Talented prospect from Pishin, Haseebullah Khan has been a prolific performer in the domestic circuit ever since he made his List A debut in March 2022.

He was the leading run-getter in his team’s Pakistan Cup 2021-22 winning campaign and was second-highest run-scorer in the subsequent season of the 50-over tournament. His tally of 551 runs and 10 dismissals saw him take home the best wicketkeeper of the tournament award.

Harbouring aspirations of becoming the first Test cricketer from Balochistan, Haseebullah wants to make the most of his maiden HBL PSL season.

“Being picked in the HBL PSL draft for Peshawar Zalmi was a proud moment for me. Our team has Babar Azam and Haris Sohail. Haris has been my teammate in Balochistan and I had my first experience with Babar bhai during the second Test against New Zealand. I am happy to share the dressing room with them for an entire season.”

“One HBL PSL match I still remember was the Qualifier between Quetta Gladiators and Peshawar Zalmi in 2017 when Mohammad Nawaz successfully defended seven runs in the last over.”

Shawaiz Irfan – Lahore Qalandars

Shawaiz Irfan built a reputation of being a fierce striker of the cricket ball in the Pakistan Junior League. He was part of the champion side Bahawalpur Royals and blasted a 32-ball 79 studded with six sixes in the final of the competition.

His rollicking show allowed him a chance in the Pakistan U19 team for the home series against Bangladesh U19.

“I am thankful for being picked in Lahore Qalandars and I am definitely excited to play in the HBL PSL for the first time. It will be an exciting occasion to play in front of the passionate fans.”

“I am stoked to share the dressing room with the likes of Rashid Khan, Sikandar Raza, Shaheen Afridi and Haris Rauf, and it was my wish to be in their company.”

“My favourite moment in the HBL PSL was when I watched the Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans final live from the Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore. It was an inspiring moment to see my heroes in action.

Aimal Khan – Quetta Gladiators

Right-arm pacer Aimal Khan made waves in the opening match of the Pakistan Junior League when he bowled a match-winning spell of 3-15 in four overs for Mardan Warriors. Aimal’s ability to generate steep pace and sharp swing makes him a potent option with the new ball.

“The HBL PSL is a big brand and its importance is known in the cricket world. I feel honored to play in this league and be associated with Quetta Gladiators.”

“Interacting with Naseem Shah will be a satisfying experience. I will be using the tips I receive from him to challenge the likes of Mohammad Rizwan and David Miller in the tournament.”

“Seeing Shaheen Afridi hit 23 runs in the last over of the chase against Peshawar Zalmi in HBL PSL 2022 to take the game to the Super Over was a thrilling moment for me.”

Hassan Nawaz – Islamabad United

The Layyah-born Hassan Nawaz demonstrated his six-hitting talent in the Kashmir Premier League stint with Mirpur Royals, where he managed 241 runs in six innings at a strike-rate of 148.76 and 14 maximums. Hassan also played five games in the National T20 2022-23, showing glimpses of brilliance.

“Islamabad United has always been my favourite team and I am glad to be a part of the franchise in my first HBL PSL season.”

“Learning from power-hitters like Asif Ali and Colin Munro would hone my skills and make me a better player in this format.”

“Witnessing Asif Ali smashing those three consecutive sixes to Hasan Ali in the final of the 2018 edition was a something special. Being a hard-hitting batter myself I fancy his gameplay.”

PCB

The HBL Pakistan Super League has served as a launching pad for several talented youngsters over the years as the exposure to quality cricket in the presence of national and international stars helps them to enhance their skillset.

Fakhar Zaman, Hasan Ali, Shadab Khan, Haris Rauf, Haider Ali and Mohammad Haris are examples of players who have shot to prominence from the HBL PSL platform and gone on to prove their mettle on the international stage.

Some of the newcomers excited to showcase their skills in HBL PSL 2023 include Multan Sultans’ Arafat Minhas, Karachi Kings’ Muhammad Irfan Khan, Peshawar Zalmi’s Haseebullah, Lahore Qalandars’ Shawaiz Irfan, Quetta Gladiators’ Aimal Khan and Islamabad United’s Hassan Nawaz.

All six future stars with the exception of Arafat, selected in the supplementary round, have been picked in the emerging category for their respective franchise. This young lot will be eager to establish their credentials as the tournament commences in Multan on 13 February with the opening match between Multan Sultans and Lahore Qalandars.

Arafat Minhas – Multan Sultans

Arafat has enjoyed a successful run in the series between Pakistan U19 and Bangladesh U19 in November 2022, where he bagged the player of the series award at the end of the three one-days having scored 171 runs with two half-centuries. He also managed to take three wickets. His impressive performances in the Pakistan Cup saw him being attached to Pakistan Test squad for the first Test against New Zealand in December with the objective of providing international exposure and experience.

Belonging to Multan, Arafat is looking forward to representing the city of his birth.

“It is an unbelievable feeling and a great opportunity to express myself. I want to prove that I can compete on big stage. To be honest I am not giving myself and specific targets and goals, I just want to go out and express myself and learn from the biggest stars of the game.”

“I hope to get tips from the best hitter in the game David Miller with whom I’ll be sharing the dressing room. My favourite memory from the HBL PSL is Rilee Rossouw's breathtaking hundred in Multan against Quetta Gladiators in HBL PSL 2020.”

Muhammad Irfan Khan – Karachi Kings

A product of the PCB’s age-group programme, middle-order batter Muhammad Irfan Khan has represented Pakistan in two ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cups in 2020 and 2022. The 20-year-old made 141 runs in nine innings in the National T20 2022-23 at a strike-rate of 153.26 with a 31-ball 57 against Balochistan being the highlight of his campaign.

“Getting selected for the first time in the HBL PSL is certainly a satisfying feeling. I want to perform well in this tournament as the HBL PSL stage propels you to the limelight and you can boost your case for selection in the national team.”

“In Karachi Kings, I will have the opportunity of interacting with my cricketing idol Shoaib Malik, who has a lot of experience playing for Pakistan and in leagues around the globe. He is also a middle-order batter like me so I will definitely use the opportunity to learn from him.”

“Daren Sammy’s heroics for Peshawar Zalmi in the HBL PSL 2018 match against Quetta Gladiators was a memorable moment. He was unfit during the chase but still helped Peshawar win the match at a time when they required 16 off 7 balls.”

Haseebullah – Peshawar Zalmi

Talented prospect from Pishin, Haseebullah Khan has been a prolific performer in the domestic circuit ever since he made his List A debut in March 2022.

He was the leading run-getter in his team’s Pakistan Cup 2021-22 winning campaign and was second-highest run-scorer in the subsequent season of the 50-over tournament. His tally of 551 runs and 10 dismissals saw him take home the best wicketkeeper of the tournament award.

Harbouring aspirations of becoming the first Test cricketer from Balochistan, Haseebullah wants to make the most of his maiden HBL PSL season.

“Being picked in the HBL PSL draft for Peshawar Zalmi was a proud moment for me. Our team has Babar Azam and Haris Sohail. Haris has been my teammate in Balochistan and I had my first experience with Babar bhai during the second Test against New Zealand. I am happy to share the dressing room with them for an entire season.”

“One HBL PSL match I still remember was the Qualifier between Quetta Gladiators and Peshawar Zalmi in 2017 when Mohammad Nawaz successfully defended seven runs in the last over.”

Shawaiz Irfan – Lahore Qalandars

Shawaiz Irfan built a reputation of being a fierce striker of the cricket ball in the Pakistan Junior League. He was part of the champion side Bahawalpur Royals and blasted a 32-ball 79 studded with six sixes in the final of the competition.

His rollicking show allowed him a chance in the Pakistan U19 team for the home series against Bangladesh U19.

“I am thankful for being picked in Lahore Qalandars and I am definitely excited to play in the HBL PSL for the first time. It will be an exciting occasion to play in front of the passionate fans.”

“I am stoked to share the dressing room with the likes of Rashid Khan, Sikandar Raza, Shaheen Afridi and Haris Rauf, and it was my wish to be in their company.”

“My favourite moment in the HBL PSL was when I watched the Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans final live from the Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore. It was an inspiring moment to see my heroes in action.

Aimal Khan – Quetta Gladiators

Right-arm pacer Aimal Khan made waves in the opening match of the Pakistan Junior League when he bowled a match-winning spell of 3-15 in four overs for Mardan Warriors. Aimal’s ability to generate steep pace and sharp swing makes him a potent option with the new ball.

“The HBL PSL is a big brand and its importance is known in the cricket world. I feel honored to play in this league and be associated with Quetta Gladiators.”

“Interacting with Naseem Shah will be a satisfying experience. I will be using the tips I receive from him to challenge the likes of Mohammad Rizwan and David Miller in the tournament.”

“Seeing Shaheen Afridi hit 23 runs in the last over of the chase against Peshawar Zalmi in HBL PSL 2022 to take the game to the Super Over was a thrilling moment for me.”

Hassan Nawaz – Islamabad United

The Layyah-born Hassan Nawaz demonstrated his six-hitting talent in the Kashmir Premier League stint with Mirpur Royals, where he managed 241 runs in six innings at a strike-rate of 148.76 and 14 maximums. Hassan also played five games in the National T20 2022-23, showing glimpses of brilliance.

“Islamabad United has always been my favourite team and I am glad to be a part of the franchise in my first HBL PSL season.”

“Learning from power-hitters like Asif Ali and Colin Munro would hone my skills and make me a better player in this format.”

“Witnessing Asif Ali smashing those three consecutive sixes to Hasan Ali in the final of the 2018 edition was a something special. Being a hard-hitting batter myself I fancy his gameplay.”

PCB

Some interesting names, some are the same as mine. Aimal has interesting action- it looks like he can only bring the ball in but he can take it away. That is very difficult to do and let's hope he develops quickly

Some exciting names on the lists! Personally I want to see Saim, M Haris, Qasim Akram, ihsanullah and Zeeshan succeed.
How come bangalzai isn’t mentioned?
Haven’t seen some of the other names mentioned here play yet.. so hopefully there’s more exciting talent that emerges from psl 8.

I am desperate for a some proper spinners to appear. Our spinners are OK but none turn the ball. Let's hope that a real spinner appears

Our domestic scene is just trash. I don't see anyone decent. I don't understand why we can't produce good players.

Our domestic scene is just trash. I don't see anyone decent. I don't understand why we can't produce good players.

The names mentioned here and few others are good produce for sure. Ihsanullah at around 6 and a half feet bowling in mid 140s would be someone any country would like to see in an emerging pacer, same is the case with young Zeeshan who was highly rated by commies even in U19 WC, Saim Ayub showed some real batting skills as well this domestic season at a young age and other examples as well. So on surface level there are good upcoming players but, rest of the difference comes in development through fitness, training and exposure. Thats where I believe Pak cricket lacks sometimes.

Early days but not very impressed with the emerging players so far at PSL8.

Hopefully we'll see some better performances in the coming days.

The names mentioned here and few others are good produce for sure. Ihsanullah at around 6 and a half feet bowling in mid 140s would be someone any country would like to see in an emerging pacer, same is the case with young Zeeshan who was highly rated by commies even in U19 WC, Saim Ayub showed some real batting skills as well this domestic season at a young age and other examples as well. So on surface level there are good upcoming players but, rest of the difference comes in development through fitness, training and exposure. Thats where I believe Pak cricket lacks sometimes.

It's been a few years now and apart from Huraira, there is nobody else. Both in fast bowling and middle order, nothing.

We keep producing these hack openers and average spinners who can bat a little.

I hope they back the youngsters and give them reasonable chances before they drop them.

It's been a few years now and apart from Huraira, there is nobody else. Both in fast bowling and middle order, nothing.

We keep producing these hack openers and average spinners who can bat a little.

I agree in general. Fast bowling in white ball cricket is in decent shape but, yes red ball depth is real concern alongside spinners.

Huraira is quality but his whiteball game needs to mature, its not like he doesnt have the shots its just the overall understanding of his game in the format.

Saim Ayub has matured his whiteball game, his shots are technically correct and aesthetically pleasing unless when he is trying to muscle it rather than time. Red ball game is far from developed.

Zeeshan was injured for over a year a so otherwise I would say he is the best upcoming new pacer alongside Ihsanullah who just took a fifer. Again red ball cricket is a different beast and I would like pacers developing in that to support Shaheen and Naseem rather then just becoming whiteball specialists.

Last edited:
Tomorrow Islamabad is playing, hope we'll see Zeeshan Zameer in action after that injury, his very last match was exactly a year ago during last PSL.

Listed as 20.

Perhaps around 24 or 25 maybe?

Looks older, my guess was at least 23. But he is showing real promise and I am not just talking about his pace, his natural lengths have been adapted from short to proper testing lengths. IA he stays fit and is looked after

Looks older, my guess was at least 23. But he is showing real promise and I am not just talking about his pace, his natural lengths have been adapted from short to proper testing lengths. IA he stays fit and is looked after

Whilst he looked really good with ball in hand he must work on his fielding.

Whilst he looked really good with ball in hand he must work on his fielding.

That's because we have had terrible systems in place for decades. Players like him and others aren't given the facilities and playing time and in the case of fielding, decent coaches

Listed as 20.

Perhaps around 24 or 25 maybe?

This one is 27 easily. Biggest age fudge since Iftikhar Ahmed.

We should set up a under 10s so we can capture these players at 15 years old and at least they are able to have a longer shelf life.

That's because we have had terrible systems in place for decades. Players like him and others aren't given the facilities and playing time and in the case of fielding, decent coaches

You don't need a coach to know basic fielding.

Sufiyan Muqeem - just took wicket of Rizwan

Last edited:
While speaking to media on Saturday at an event in Lahore, the former captain was appreciative of the young talent on display but wants to wait till the end of the tournament to pass any judgement.

"Ihsanulllah is an outstanding fast bowler considering the way he has performed. Then there is Azam Khan and Saim [Ayub]. Let’s see, how well they fare in the remaining matches of the league," Misbah said.

Ihsanullah is currently the leading wicket taker in the league with 12 wickets, while Saim has impressed with his classical shots during his solitary fifty in the tournament for Peshawar Zalmi.

Misbah also heaped special praise on Azam, who played a blazing knock of 97 runs from 42 balls against Quetta Gladiators on Friday.

"Azam was outstanding with the bat. He has improved as a batter. Previously, he used to be hit and miss and there wasn’t much consistency in his batting. However, now he is batting really well," he added.

Trial by fire for Saad Masood, playing his first game in PSL 8 for PZ

n4Bdkg2.png

Saim looked good. He needs to get into the gym and get that extra power needed to hit spinners

Sorry bro, but this is a genuine question for someone who doesn’t know: is there a direct correlation between, say lifting strength and shot power?

I ask because, I understand that for bowling fast it isn’t so linear, I.e it’s more about wrist snap than just being strong.

Again, I’m uninformed on both counts, so happy to get your knowledge on this.

Sorry bro, but this is a genuine question for someone who doesn’t know: is there a direct correlation between, say lifting strength and shot power?

I ask because, I understand that for bowling fast it isn’t so linear, I.e it’s more about wrist snap than just being strong.

Not quite because the power equation is complicated by the ability to time the ball. Nonetheless, power combined with timing allows the ball to hit harder and further

the most consistent big hitters have all been big dudes, and in baseball the frequency and sizes of homeruns went through the roof when everyone was doing steroids.

so whilst there are other factors, being strong and having long levers helps with hitting big sixes. unlike bowling, where quick fire muscles and flexibility is enough to bowl a ball, batsmen need raw strength to swing a heavy cricket bat fast.

the most consistent big hitters have all been big dudes, and in baseball the frequency and sizes of homeruns went through the roof when everyone was doing steroids.

so whilst there are other factors, being strong and having long levers helps with hitting big sixes. unlike bowling, where quick fire muscles and flexibility is enough to bowl a ball, batsmen need raw strength to swing a heavy cricket bat fast.

[MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] @Bewal_Express thanks lads, hopefully Saim is getting that useful advice from his coaches/teammates. Including the likes of Neesham and Sammy

Young Haseebullah showed a lot of promise today. I hope he kicks on, he has a good eye and quick hands. It's upto him to utilise his talent and challenge Riz for PK squad

Haseebullah Innings today was the best out of the emerging player due to batting in a unfamiliar position that he doesn't normally bat in.

PZ seems to be the hub for the young batting talent. Haris, Saim and now Haseebullah

Shawaiz Irfan - a 6 ball duck! Not impressed at all!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="I4VR0TR"><a href="https://imgur.com/I4VR0TR">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="I4VR0TR"><a href="https://imgur.com/I4VR0TR">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like an atrocious batsmen no foot movement a nothing batsmen who unfortunately just isn’t good enough. Will stick to bashing 70mph pies only

If the Pakistani selectors are serious in picking the right players for the right formats, then Arshad Iqbal, Ihsanullah, Sameera Gul need to be in the test squad.

Further, I’d also include Aamir Jamal and Usama Mir in there too.

Shame that it took Haseebullah so long to get into the PZ team, would liked to have seen more of him.

If the Pakistani selectors are serious in picking the right players for the right formats, then Arshad Iqbal, Ihsanullah, Sameera Gul need to be in the test squad.

Further, I’d also include Aamir Jamal and Usama Mir in there too.

Definitely Arshad and Sameen are proper test match bowlers and should he included in the test side.

He is young and probably very nervous. Need to see more of him and then we can start to judge

I’d give Shawaz Irfan the last group game as Lahore are through. Even though I don’t really rate this kid nothing wrong giving him one more chance

I’d give Shawaz Irfan the last group game as Lahore are through. Even though I don’t really rate this kid nothing wrong giving him one more chance

From what Shaheen was saying their will be changes and youngsters will be given a chance.

Bowlers : Ihasanullah , Arshad Iqbal , Osama deserve an upgrade

Abrar can be very good for ODI , probably not for T20 , yet .

Saim looks very good , not sure how he will perform on regular size ground .

Harris : Is one of a kind , consistency will come with experience but he is making progress . His sixes cab cross any boundary.

Siam Ayub
Mohammed Haris
Ihsanullah
Zaman Khan
Haseebullah Khan
Omair Bin Yousaf

I think the PCB and the franchises need to be a bit smarter and work together regarding the young talent at the PSL.

They need to spread the talent out and give these young guys opportunities.

For example at the moment we have Saim and Haris in the same side eventually but both cannot keep wicket. It's good that both are now in the starting XI but Haseeb has had only limited chances.

I think the PCB and the franchises need to be a bit smarter and work together regarding the young talent at the PSL.

They need to spread the talent out and give these young guys opportunities.

For example at the moment we have Saim and Haris in the same side eventually but both cannot keep wicket. It's good that both are now in the starting XI but Haseeb has had only limited chances.

This is where a functional board would step in but crooked Sethi knows less about cricket than 99% of fans on here. His knowledge is on par with people that wanted to make Asif Ali captain

Sufiyan Muqeem comes good in Match 29 for PZ

3/37 in 4 overs

Sufiyan Muqeem needs to bowl in first-class cricket for 2 seasons continuously. Just continue bowling hundreds of deliveries to learn the art of bowling 6 balls on middle stump on a good length to a right hander. He is going to be a great bowler if he does that. Needs to let go of T20 and ODIs for 2 years for his own development.

I just hope he gets the right guidance because am thoroughly impressed with him. Problem in Pakistan is that most bowlers and batsmen get the wrong guidance/coaching and they fall by the wayside.

Sufiyan Muqeem needs to bowl in first-class cricket for 2 seasons continuously. Just continue bowling hundreds of deliveries to learn the art of bowling 6 balls on middle stump on a good length to a right hander. He is going to be a great bowler if he does that. Needs to let go of T20 and ODIs for 2 years for his own development.

I just hope he gets the right guidance because am thoroughly impressed with him. Problem in Pakistan is that most bowlers and batsmen get the wrong guidance/coaching and they fall by the wayside.

Would be brilliant if he played 1st class cricket but he'll be forgotten after PSL. Remember Ibtisam sheikh the zalmi emerging leg spinner? He looked decent and now nowhere to be seen.

need to be muscular, on the lean side, not bulky, and strong forearms, strong legs and well oiled shoulders is the key to long shots/power game...

Back