Was Sri Lanka’s collapse from 117/2 to 137/8 the biggest choke in the history of T20 cricket?

Was Sri Lanka’s collapse from 117/2 to 137/8 the biggest choke in the history of T20 cricket?

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
What about Sri Lanka's collapse against India in the 3rd T20I???

Sri Lanka's match against India turned into a disaster. They started well, reaching 117-2, but then lost six wickets quickly, collapsing to 137-8. This shocking collapse has left the team stunned and looking for answers.

I would say that it is the worst collapse in T20 cricket history.

Last edited:

Sri Lanka's batting lineup crumbled in record-breaking fashion and lost six wickets for just 20 runs to slump from 117-2 to 137-8.

Surely should be a record of continuous collapses again same team in continuous games in the same series.
1st T20I: 140-1 to 170 all out.
2nd T20I: 130-2 to 160-9
3rd T20I: 117-1 to 137/8

Surely should be a record of continuous collapses again same team in continuous games in the same series.
1st T20I: 140-1 to 170 all out.
2nd T20I: 130-2 to 160-9
3rd T20I: 117-1 to 137/8
Yeah, it should be some sort of record that no team would have wanted.

Sri Lanka's match against India turned into a disaster. They started well, reaching 117-2, but then lost six wickets quickly, collapsing to 137-8. This shocking collapse has left the team stunned and looking for answers.

But the commentators were all along talking about the collapse possibility. There was an underlying fear for srilankan commies Maharoof and Russell. Even towards the end overs they were wary of a collapse. One commie abaya was the only one who said "lightning won't strike thrice". But it struck. They know how low in confidence their middle order is. Recently they got bowled out for 51, 55. Especially Siraj has been a nightmare for them. Srilanka is mentally scarred against India.

Collapsing is normal in intl cricket against good attacks and if batting team is under scoreboard ot occasion pressure.

But inability to score 9 off 12 against Rinku and SKY level bowling with 6 wkts in hand and a set batter is something even teams like PNG, Uganda would back themselves to achieve.

This collapse was truly the worst choke by an established country in T20I.

Collapsing is normal in intl cricket against good attacks and if batting team is under scoreboard ot occasion pressure.

But inability to score 9 off 12 against Rinku and SKY level bowling with 6 wkts in hand and a set batter is something even teams like PNG, Uganda would back themselves to achieve.

This collapse was truly the worst choke by an established country in T20I.
I can understand why these things happen. SL has never seen Rinku and SKY as bowlers. Both bowled off spin something anyone can do. If you try to grip the surface you are always with a chance. They did connect a couple of balls. But went straight to fielder. They could have tried for singles instead i agree. But ball was missing the bat when they tried. In all this hoopla both SKY and Rinku did not bowl any absolutely terrible deliveries which helped the cause.

Last 5 overs: 29/7.

Mindboggling. Even more mindboggling considering 2 of those overs were bowled by SKY and Rinku (who almost never bowl).

That was an incredible choke job.
Never good to see a friend country lose to India

Mindboggling. Even more mindboggling considering 2 of those overs were bowled by SKY and Rinku (who almost never bowl).
Yet both of them were turning the ball square! That should tell you something about that pitch.

The pitch was the issue.

Yet both of them were turning the ball square! That should tell you something about that pitch.

The pitch was the issue.

Sri Lanka were like 100/1. Pitch wasn't that bad. Both sides scored 135+.

That is just inexplicable. Rinku and Surya lol
They tried to kill the game with one blow. But to their shock each time they perfectly picked out the fielder. That reverse uppish sweep was nailed. But to his dismay there was a fielder stationed there. Also occasional balls turned square and bounced. So single was not easy to score.

Calling India strong in T20's is not blind nationalism. It's fact. They are champions

I meant I was willing to criticize my country if they are falling short in something.

Last edited by a moderator:
SL were like 100/1. Both sides scored 135+.

Turning is not hard. Even Tendulkar could turn the ball.
Tendulkar is Warne compared to SKY the bowler.

Tendulkar is way better than SKY in bowling. Well, in batting too come to think of it.

Sometimes, when you are facing a part timer first time, he can be tough to score especially if conditions are suitable for him. Next time if SL faces them, they will play him with utmost ease.

pitch was extremely difficult and India utilized the conditions quite effectively.

Hats off to SKY for opting to bowl spin in that tough situation. If he had used a pacer, Sri Lanka might have chased down the target.

Back