Wasim Raja... the best against fast-bowling ?

akheR

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Was just reading an article about late Wasim Raja, and came across a really interesting trivia, when the man faced the 'fearsome foursome' (Michael Holding, Andy Roberts, Colin Croft and Joel Garner) in their own backyard, he was in a berserk mode...
Sunil Gavaskar is always hailed as the 'best player of fast bowling ever', but I'm sure that, playing with Statsguru (like including WI's best bowlers and seeing how he does in away conditions), things look different.

... and what of that Caribbean summer almost 30 years ago when he topped batting and bowling averages: 517 at 57.4 and seven wickets at 18.7? A few players successfully thwarted the West Indian teams of Clive Lloyd and Viv Richards, but perhaps none so extravagantly as Raja, displaying a kind of fighter ace's disdain for danger, feet off the ground as he slashed over point, skedaddling down the pitch to take advantage of any slow bowling he saw, enjoying the slight freedom of movement available to the left-hander, and perhaps also a scenario in which his mercurial ways were best. Majid said that Raja seemed during those five Tests to hit a six when he liked; and liking was the essence of the effort.

Raja's average of 57.43 from 11 Tests against West Indies in the Lloyd-Richards years, in fact, surpasses even those of Sunil Gavaskar (53), Graham Gooch (45), Allan Border (39), Mohinder Amarnath (38) and Allan Lamb (34): an astounding statistic, not least from a batsman who never gave the appearance of contemplating them, let alone coveting them. A toff, perhaps, but one to lift one's lid to.

- Wasim Raja, A breathtaking strokeplayer by Gideon Haigh

Viv Richards is the best player of fast bowling ever

gavaskar the best defender of fast bowling.

waseem raja sure was one of the best from asia along with inzamam, aravinda de silva and sachin. being the top three

Of course I shouldn't have said 'the', but definitely one of the very best, just the fact that having the same average as SRT today, against the fastest pace battery ever in their own conditions is mind-blowing... and his bowling average was phenomenal, too.
Overall, really under-rated.

That's a very impressive average against such a deadly bowling attack. I really do not know much about Wasim Raja so can't comment. Need statsguru

waseem raja sure was one of the best from asia along with inzamam, aravinda de silva and sachin. being the top three

phir inzmam,kuch sharam karo,,,record dekho uska outside flat continent.........

Gavaskar is always regarded as the best player of fast bowling...he faced the best fast bowlers of any generation/of any era.

How many viv has to face.............

Waseem raja no way,,,,,,,,,,,

Once again this man speaketh the truth.

I watched him play some scintillating innings - but he was always known for his cavalier attitude - the stereotypical left handed player !

I recall a match against a World XI in NSK in the 80s - I was seated close to the Pak players as they waited for their turn to bat - Wasim Raja was there with a cigarette in hand - not a care in the world.

When his turn came to bat, and I know this is sounds too stupid but he just extinguished his smoke, picked up his bat and walked out to play.

He was back 4 runs later. Calmly walked bacjk sat down, lit another cigarette :)

For reference

http://stats.thecricketer.com/Scorecards/41/41703.html (Checkout the names on the Pak batting and how they collapsed in the second innings)

Am sure I read somewhere that he has on occasions gone out to face the Windies quick bowlers whilst under the influence of marijuana.

Maybe that was his secret :asif

Am sure I read somewhere that he has on occasions gone out to face the Windies quick bowlers whilst under the influence of marijuana.

He definitely looked like an hippie :asif

thumbnail.php

phir inzmam,kuch sharam karo,,,record dekho uska outside flat continent.........

Gavaskar is always regarded as the best player of fast bowling...he faced the best fast bowlers of any generation/of any era.

lol so for Inzi vs SG you look at the records, but for Wasim Raja a simple 'no way' ? :misbah

It wouldn't surprise me given Marijuana can cause the perception of time to slow down.

boy oh boy:asadrauf

inzi has 11 test 100s in pakistan

sachin has 22 in india

mike hussey whom people talk so much these days has 10 of his 15 hundreds in his home land:junaid

check again inzi has more away 100s then home before you make such lame comments and one more thing

inzi scored his first 100 in his home land of pak in 1997 thats 5 years after his debut:ahmed

ponting has 21 home 100s:rehman more at home then away

matthew hayden has amazing 21 test match 100s in home land:farhat only 8 away:junaid

go drink thanda pani with hot chai son:yk

One request

We are discussing a person who has passed away - lets show a little respect.

He may not have done bajamaat namaz on live TV infront of GEO cameras, but he was one of our finest players.

One request

We are discussing a person who has passed away - lets show a little respect.

He may not have done bajamaat namaz on live TV infront of GEO cameras, but he was one of our finest players.

Debut: Jul 2011
Runs: 47,225

:kami

how is this possible 47,000 and counting in few months:tanvir

Just a remark by the English great Dennis Compton on Wasim Raja during a match he was commenting on. To his fellow commentator he said "why can't we produce players like him" (Wasim Raja). Wasim was caught by Tony Greig high on the boundry line. Only somebody of Tony's height could have caaught. No doubbt he was an exciting batsman loved by the fans. Pitty he had a short career.

Just a remark by the English great Dennis Compton on Wasim Raja during a match he was commenting on. To his fellow commentator he said "why can't we produce players like him" (Wasim Raja). Wasim was caught by Tony Greig high on the boundry line. Only somebody of Tony's height could have caaught. No doubbt he was an exciting batsman loved by the fans. Pitty he had a short career.

Thanks for the anecdote, can't see anyone says that about a batsman from Pakistan nowadays. And there was definitely some charm about the man himself, here the same article quoted in #1:

Yet it looked great, and so did Raja, assuredly one of the handsomest men to grace a cricket field, with a natural ease of movement, a willowy physique, and helmet of black hair that he later complemented with a suave beard.

I recall a match against a World XI in NSK in the 80s - I was seated close to the Pak players as they waited for their turn to bat - Wasim Raja was there with a cigarette in hand - not a care in the world.

When his turn came to bat, and I know this is sounds too stupid but he just extinguished his smoke, picked up his bat and walked out to play.

He was back 4 runs later. Calmly walked bacjk sat down, lit another cigarette :)

Found that from Saad Shafqat'sOnly the good die young, while talking of his easy-going batting approach:

His batting commanded something approaching a cult. The style is perhaps best described as relaxed attack - an oxymoron, but there you have it. He never looked troubled, never anything other than calm and carefree. Descending the pavilion steps as if he was going to fly a kite, he would casually stroll up to the wicket as if he was enjoying himself on holiday. The shirt would have its collar flung open, in the style of the 70s, and the buttons would be undone halfway down. Sleeves rolled up two folds, until just below the elbows. While taking guard and settling into his stance, he would head-flick a thick mop of hair several times.

Swagger. :viv

Waseem Raja is one of a very few people who have died on a Cricket field. A permanent image of his (in my mind) is from a B&H match in Australia (1984 I guess) with Ramiz landing on the fence trying to take a catch (unsuccessfully) and being motionless for a while and a very alarmed senior Raja running towards him and waving for medical personnel's attention.

He quit very soon after I started regularly following Cricket (no fault of mine, I assure you) but I remember him (vaguely) as a bearded six hitter and wrist spinner. However, I had to endure the whole of his younger sibling's career and that was Guantanamo grade torture.

While on the subject of beards, when Imran and co. came back after the "rebel" Pecker tour, the board accepted them back very quickly (after a grand thrashing without them) although they had earlier been threatened with "dire cosequences" if they toured. The senior Raja didn't like it one bit and as a token of his protest he shaved off his beard (daarhi ghareeb ka kya qusoor thaa?!)

Both brothers played 57 Tests each. In the case of the junior they were definitely 57 too many.

A permanent image of his (in my mind) is from a B&H match in Australia (1984 I guess) with Ramiz landing on the fence trying to take a catch (unsuccessfully) and being motionless ...
It may have been the World Championship of Cricket (1985).

Wasim Raja, Pakistan's swashbuckling allrounder, will be remembered for his breathtaking strokeplay and his carefree attitude to the game, but not many might recall that Raja was also one among only a handful of batsmen who came out on top more often than not against the best bowling attack of the time. In the 11 Tests he played against West Indies, he passed 50 an incredible nine times and averaged 57.43. And this against an attack which mostly operated through four high-quality fast bowlers, hammering down relentlessly on a batsman's technique and psyche. The table below lists the best batsmen against West Indies in the 16-year period from 1975 to 1990, a period during which they conceded an average of just 28 runs per wicket in Tests. With a cut-off of at least eight Tests, only four managed an average of more than 50 - led by another famously elegant strokeplayer, Gundappa Viswanath - while just five more managed to stay on the right side of 40.

Raja's stats against West Indies are also impressive because he didn't just score the bulk of those runs in home conditions - on the 1976-77 tour, he creamed 517 runs in five Tests, with five fifties and a hundred. In fact, among all Pakistani batsmen who have played at least eight Tests against West Indies, only Inzamam-ul-Haq has a better average, but he'll probably be the first to admit that the bowling attack he was up against was nothing compared to what Raja would have faced. To put things in perspective, Javed Miandad managed an average of 29.78 in 16 Tests against them, while Zaheer Abbas fared even worse - in eight matches, he had a paltry tally of 259, and an average of 18.50.

It may have been the World Championship of Cricket (1985).

Yes, the final. The bowler was Raja himself and Srikkanth hit the six. The three balls before this were a leg break, top spin and googly respectively. The Channel-9 guys showed a graph on where the ball pitched and where it ended up. Then Srikkanth hit the next three for 6-4-1.

... To put things in perspective, Javed Miandad managed an average of 29.78 in 16 Tests against them, while Zaheer Abbas fared even worse - in eight matches, he had a paltry tally of 259, and an average of 18.50.

Already heard that Zaheer Abbas was not that great against fast bowling, but a stylish genius against medium-pace and - especially - spin... Majid Khan, though, was really effective against pace, and Michael Holding himself spoke of him really highly if I correctly remember (he averages 53 v. West Indies, in West Indies. And guess that's against the four lads, as he played from 1975 to 1981, couldn't have scored without escaping them ? Perhaps.)

Waseem Raja is one of a very few people who have died on a Cricket field. A permanent image of his (in my mind) is from a B&H match in Australia (1984 I guess) with Ramiz landing on the fence trying to take a catch (unsuccessfully) and being motionless for a while and a very alarmed senior Raja running towards him and waving for medical personnel's attention.

He quit very soon after I started regularly following Cricket (no fault of mine, I assure you) but I remember him (vaguely) as a bearded six hitter and wrist spinner. However, I had to endure the whole of his younger sibling's career and that was Guantanamo grade torture.

While on the subject of beards, when Imran and co. came back after the "rebel" Pecker tour, the board accepted them back very quickly (after a grand thrashing without them) although they had earlier been threatened with "dire cosequences" if they toured. The senior Raja didn't like it one bit and as a token of his protest he shaved off his beard (daarhi ghareeb ka kya qusoor thaa?!)

Both brothers played 57 Tests each. In the case of the junior they were definitely 57 too many.

What? He died on the cricket field?

Not exactly, Gavaskar's debut series against the windies, where he piled on and inflated his numbers against supposedly deadly fast bowlers, was actually against pretty mediocre bowling attack, with Sobers, an average bowler at the best of times, on his last legs leading the attack...

I've only ever seen video clips of him, the guy had serious swag.

picture1nt.png

Sadly, not a lot of clips of the guy in action on YouTube. :(

CORNERED-TIGER, hope you're reading. :afridi

boy oh boy:asadrauf

inzi has 11 test 100s in pakistan

sachin has 22 in india

mike hussey whom people talk so much these days has 10 of his 15 hundreds in his home land:junaid

check again inzi has more away 100s then home before you make such lame comments and one more thing

inzi scored his first 100 in his home land of pak in 1997 thats 5 years after his debut:ahmed

ponting has 21 home 100s:rehman more at home then away

matthew hayden has amazing 21 test match 100s in home land:farhat only 8 away:junaid

go drink thanda pani with hot chai son:yk

Inzamam........laughable........the man failed againist SA and AUS.......the best attacks of his time.....avgs 30s againist them......His away avg is 45 compared to home avg of 65.......HTB...

From Asia:SRT,Aravinda,Gavaskar,Dravid,Miandad all were much better batsmen of fast bowling than Inzamam can even dream of ever.........

Coming to Wasim Raja....very good player of fast bowling..........never got his due to be honest...with lesser batsmen getting more hype than him.....

Inzamam........laughable........the man failed againist SA and AUS.......the best attacks of his time.....avgs 30s againist them......His away avg is 45 compared to home avg of 65.......HTB...

From Asia:SRT,Aravinda,Gavaskar,Dravid,Miandad all were much better batsmen of fast bowling than Inzamam can even dream of ever.........

HAHAH:yk

65? oh is that sachin average vs kenya :manzoor

at least inzi made match winign runs wich both gavaskar and sachin failed big times

so what the excuse now no bowlers?

blame that on ISI:asif

HAHAH:yk

65? oh is that sachin average vs kenya :manzoor

at least inzi made match winign runs wich both gavaskar and sachin failed big times

so what the excuse now no bowlers?

blame that on ISI:asif

Avg of 30 and 20 something againist AUS and SA.........no wins in tests againist AUS from 1995 to 2007...................what a match winner.......

He is not and will never be considered in the league of Gavaskar and Sachin etc..........except in the eyes of few biased ones........

Good player of fast bowling:::::::::JOKE!!!!!!

Avg of 30 and 20 something againist AUS and SA.........no wins in tests againist AUS from 1995 to 2007...................what a match winner.......

He is not and will never be considered in the league of Gavaskar and Sachin etc..........except in the eyes of few biased ones........

Good player of fast bowling:::::::::JOKE!!!!!!

:yk

2 + 4 + 18 = 24

three world cup finals for home boys:yk

only 24 runs

inzi in one world cup final scored more then them so whose the match winner then :wasim

whats the excuse now :p

Last edited:
:yk

2 + 4 + 18 = 24

three world cup finals for home boys:yk

only 24 runs

inzi in one world cup final scored more then them so whose the match winner then :wasim

whats the excuse now :p

Avg of 60 againist the WI and AUS in 1970s and 80s

Avg of 60 againist AUS and 45+ againist SA

That proves how good they were againist Fast Bowling

Tendulkar's avg in Tournament finals is 60+

Inzy less than 30

Go figure................Inzy was a poor player of fast bowling..........Miandad or even YK Majid and Wasim raja were better........

Avg of 60 againist the WI and AUS in 1970s and 80s

Avg of 60 againist AUS and 45+ againist SA

That proves how good they were againist Fast Bowling

Tendulkar's avg in Tournament finals is 60+

Inzy less than 30

Go figure................Inzy was a poor player of fast bowling..........Miandad or even YK Majid and Wasim raja were better........

:wasim

AGAIN you ignored the question but came back with more lame questions:raza

first get your facts rights

west indies had the best bowlers when both inzi and teenda came in 2 international cricket.

2nd ... inzi made runs vs them away unlike :amin oh yeh you know the name

here are some knocks

[utube]flg9-G_-e1k[/utube]

[utube]RE1ItAMd_xg[/utube]

now whats the latest exuse for teenda failings in the west indies when both ambrose and walsh were int he team:asif

:wasim

AGAIN you ignored the question but came back with more lame questions:raza

first get your facts rights

west indies had the best bowlers when both inzi and teenda came in 2 international cricket.

2nd ... inzi made runs vs them away unlike :amin oh yeh you know the name

here are some knocks

[utube]flg9-G_-e1k[/utube]

[utube]RE1ItAMd_xg[/utube]

now whats the latest exuse for teenda failings in the west indies when both ambrose and walsh were int he team:asif

AUS was the best team through most of their careers...........followed by SA

and this thread isnt about who begun well etc etc etc............Tendulkar avgs near about 50 againist the WI btw.........

So Tendulkar avgs 45+ againist the 3 teams which had the good fast bowlers during his time..........and againist whom both of them played......with an avg of 60+ againist AUS,the best team

Inzy avgs 60+ againist WI avgs less than 30 againist the other 2....

Tell you who is a better player............

Regarding till the time Walsh and Ambrose were playing for WI

SRT avgs 57

Inzy avgs 52

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Inzy was even made to look like a fool by Harmison in england and his pathetic performances resulted in his away avg in England dropping to 41 smthng.........

Tendulkar has a minimum avg of 40 playing anywhere in the world...............Inzy is not even in the same city..........

Last edited:
AUS was the best team through most of their careers...........followed by SA

and this thread isnt about who begun well etc etc etc............Tendulkar avgs near about 50 againist the WI btw.........

So Tendulkar avgs 45+ againist the 3 teams which had the good fast bowlers during his time..........and againist whom both of them played......with an avg of 60+ againist AUS,the best team

Inzy avgs 60+ againist WI avgs less than 30 againist the other 2....

Tell you who is a better player............

Inzy was even made to look like a fool by Harmison in england and his pathetic performances resulted in his away avg in England dropping to 41 smthng.........

Tendulkar has a minimum avg of 40 playing anywhere in the world...............Inzy is not even in the same city..........

[utube]c__Rj_Swnw8[/utube]

did harmison in this series?

or you talking about teenda vs english bowlers 2011:asif

teenda was big time flop in west indies when both walsh and ambrose were in the team go search that

the only good series wich teenda had was in 1999/2000 in australia people talk so much abt 1998 lol when shane warne coming bk from finger injur and no mcgrath lol at home on thsoe flat chapptis lol thanda pani time

Last edited:
[utube]c__Rj_Swnw8[/utube]

did harmison in this series?

or you talking about teenda vs english bowlers 2011:asif

teenda was big time flop in west indies when both walsh and ambrose were in the team go search that

avg of 57 is a fail????

Inzy avgd 52..bigger fail...........

[utube]XpGhUE0nMMw[/utube]

Harmison making Inzy..........

Tendulkar has scored runs againist everybody everywhere.............go search that

he played againist Mcgrath and Warne in 1999......was the MOS.....

Played againist Pollock Donald Steyn and scored runs...........

Inzy is no where close............not even compare worthy.........

Last edited:
[utube]1rd86ejSvyw[/utube]

here is another one getting hit in asia lol on those decks most be poor batsman :D

[utube]BK4V2ar8lsA[/utube]

Here is another one..........

So Tendulkar has outscore Inzy againist everyone..............WI AUS SA............

Inzy isnt fit to be in the same city as Tendulkar in terms of batsmanship

and some more

[utube]YH2uiTmpMQM[/utube]

Last edited:
[utube]BK4V2ar8lsA[/utube]

Here is another one..........

So Tendulkar has outscore Inzy againist everyone..............WI AUS SA............

Inzy isnt fit to be in the same city as Tendulkar in terms of batsmanship

REALITY HURTING?

:yk:yk

seeing teenda get smashed on that dead wicket by medium pacer anderson?:asif

or shoaib lol

apart from one or 2 balls you can not ever show me anything else wich may have troubled inzi

seen teenda getting hit on head more then any one else

whats the latest excuse in teenda dimise

[utube]CCT1Tb0bJKI[/utube]

no wonder he is becoming more teenda coz he keeps ducking lol

So what is Inzy's excuse for this?

2 balls..........Inzamam has struggled his whole life againist good quality fast bowlers.........

[utube]CCT1Tb0bJKI[/utube]

no wonder he is becoming more teenda coz he keeps ducking lol

He still avgs more than Inzy in any format of the game...........more runs..............

He is head and shoulders above the Inzy..........

So what is Inzy's excuse for this?

2 balls..........Inzamam has struggled his whole life againist good quality fast bowlers.........

[utube]D5j7dIWhDpM[/utube]

lol how many more bouncers teenda from day ne been bounced out even on tose dead pitches in asia lol

better 2 be out to teenda then 2 b stumped of giles in test cricket at home:umarakmal

Last edited:
[utube]D5j7dIWhDpM[/utube]

lol how many more bouncers teenda from day ne been bounced out even on tose dead pitches in asia lol

better 2 be out to teenda then 2 b stumped of giles in test cricket at home:umarakmal

Inzama got owned by Tendulkar........7 times in ODIs....................what a player........

Tendulkar avgs 56 to Inzamam's 49

Scored runs every where..........not a HTN or FTB or Minnow basher........

Convince any neutral fan here on PP that Inzy is better than SRT.......

INZY is not even light years near SRT..........light years........

Inzama got owned by Tendulkar........7 times in ODIs....................what a player........

Tendulkar avgs 56 to Inzamam's 49

Scored runs every where..........not a HTN or FTB or Minnow basher........

Convince any neutral fan here on PP that Inzy is better than SRT.......

INZY is not even light years near SRT..........light years........

SAY THAT again:yk:yk:yk:yk not a minnows basher who?

teenda has 4 odi 100s vs kenya 100 vs nambia 100 vs many other ... teams.

5 test 100 vs bangaldesh in test :wasim

you need to check your teenda record before hyping him up so much. coz reality might hurt you hard:asif

Inzamum one of the most OVERRATED cricketers in the history of the game, Inzamum being good against pace bowling is another myth created by his blinded fans. See for yourself how overrated Inzamum is http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=136570

teenda is the most overrated

take away his 4 of his 5 test 100s vs bangaldesh

poning record would look way better then this meaningless 100s maker:usman

if would look something like this

ponting 154 matches 39 test 100s.

teenda abt 176 matches and 46 test 100

haha flat deck

That your perception is totally fine with me, but look at reality and see for yourself how overrated Inzamum really is.

That your perception is totally fine with me, but look at reality and see for yourself how overrated Inzamum really is.

yes overrated in the sense won more test matches then teenda:yk

made more runs then teena did world cup finals?

18 + 4 lol

1992 inzi made more then teeda

yes inzi is overrated hahah

2nd best average when it comes 2 runs in matches won only behind bradman

made runs vs the worlds best bowlers amborse and walsh in there own back yard wich teenda failed... oh he made runs after both retired how sad:yk

teenda yet to hit a 6 in test vs pakistan just saw lol

:razzaq

Last edited:
Inzy failed when it mattered, Inzy career is a tale of failures 1996, 1999, 2003, 2007 world cups to name a few. The only reason he performed against New Zealand in 1992 is because he had a fever which helped him have a out of body experience otherwise it is a certainty that if he was not sick the pressure would got to him and he would have folded like he did in the other world cups.

Inzy failed when it mattered, Inzy career is a tale of failures 1996, 1999, 2003, 2007 world cups to name a few. The only reason he performed against New Zealand in 1992 is because he had a fever which helped him have a out of body experience otherwise it is a certainty that if he was not sick the pressure would got to him and he would have folded like he did in the other world cups.

making 100s vs kenya or nambia in world cup is the greatest achievement since man landed on moon

and then when the real pressure games the world cup final comes oh its chocking time 18+4

and dont forget one of those innings was on dead rubber in india home land

latest excuse for big time failings?

Man, arguing with you is like arguing with a Afridart. Enjoy your fantasy world, if you don't want to accept reality than so be it.

Sadly another thread hijacked by Sachin fans.

Sadly another thread hijacked by Sachin fans.

Yes, turned it into an useless anti-Inzi rant... :facepalm:

But the best against fast-bowling from Asia still remains Wasim Raja, so no big deal.

Take that Gavaskar. :inzi

Sachin should just be given a complete forum on here to discuss.

As much as I like and rate him it's getting so damn tiresome.

Yes he spent most of the windies tour high as a kite and drank like a fish. Probably saw several balls out there....just went for the middle one.....

Yes he spent most of the windies tour high as a kite and drank like a fish. Probably saw several balls out there....just went for the middle one.....

:))

SAY THAT again:yk:yk:yk:yk not a minnows basher who?

teenda has 4 odi 100s vs kenya 100 vs nambia 100 vs many other ... teams.

5 test 100 vs bangaldesh in test :wasim

you need to check your teenda record before hyping him up so much. coz reality might hurt you hard:asif

HAHAHA Minnow Basher INZAMAM UL HAQ............1 century againist SA and AUS combined in ODIS and TESTS.......MINNOW BASHER and FAILURE againist BETTER TEAMS..................

HAHAHA Minnow Basher INZAMAM UL HAQ............1 century againist SA and AUS combined in ODIS and TESTS.......MINNOW BASHER and FAILURE againist BETTER TEAMS..................

if u mean india is a minnows then thats fine by me:akhtar

if u mean england is minnow
or sri lanka or zimbabwe or west indies or new zealand

thats still better then smoking kenya or nambia for 100s:rao

really minnows basher mr teenda 5 test 100s vs bangla

defend that :malik

oh u cant :wasim

if u mean india is a minnows then thats fine by me:akhtar

if u mean england is minnow
or sri lanka or zimbabwe or west indies or new zealand

thats still better then smoking kenya or nambia for 100s:rao

really minnows basher mr teenda 5 test 100s vs bangla

defend that :malik

oh u cant :wasim

Ofcourse Indias bowling is nothing to write home about...........Inzy' avg againist WI jumped many times higher after Walsh and Ambrose retired....

Inzy was a good player of spinners...so no doubt he scored againist Murali and Lanka..........

Tendulkar smoked everyone from Minnows to the best..........

Unlike Inzy who was a failure againist the best............Big Failure Big Zero againist.............there is a reason why no one even talks about him when talking about great Pakistani bastmen they talk about Miandad and even Abbas............because they know as soon as Inzy has to play a good team with good pacers..........Inzy goes back to the pavillion.....

Yes, Inzamam really struggled against Walsh/Ambrose with a 62 average and three centuries.

Yes, Inzamam really struggled against Walsh/Ambrose with a 62 average and three centuries.

Tendulkar avgd more againist them........

Your point???

So againist the bowlers againist whom Inzy was the best Tendulkar out avgd him......

I am not even talking about the likes of AUS and SA

Inzy is highly over rated in PAkistan isnt much rated outside it.......because againist the best he was a flop.

My post was in reply to this poor implication attempt -

s2k said:
Inzy' avg againist WI jumped many times higher after Walsh and Ambrose retired....
Overall average against WI was 54, he did better when the above were playing so cut out the lies.

Last edited:
My post was in reply to this poor implication attempt -

Overall average against WI was 54, he did better when the above were playing so cut out the lies.

My bad.............cannot edit...........apologies......

MODS can you please delete that line from my post.

Last edited:
this is pissing me off now.
why are tendulkar discussions all over pakpassion.

it was a nice discussion about wasim raja, his stories how he was and the fact that he is rarely talked about made this a real good thread. but its been ruined by these fools who bring up and talk about tendulkar in every single thread.

mod's please consider this, pakpassion is better off without it.

Last edited:
Scroll to the top of the Thread and its easy to tell who bought Sachin into this

Post#13
Post#34

well whoever starts it, should be dealt with and the indian posters shouldn't have to go crazy with sachin this sachin that in his defence. his record speaks for himself.
end of the day, sachin shouldnt be discussed here unless its in relation with wasim raja, which from above posts obviously isn't the case.

Last edited:
Though most of the time it is the indians who bring in Sachin but us Pakistanis also dont miss any opportunity to bring him in either

from the clips he looks a very stylish batsmen. used his feet nicely. big hitting was a rare thing then, so im sure he must have been a great sight at the time.

i remember watching ramiz and thinking he is nothing like what i heard wasim was like lol.

one was an under-selected big hitting left hander. the other was a right hand conventional type batsmen, who in the end played more then he should have.

Back