"We have so much potential that the Dollar rate should/will be 5 Rupees" : Asif Ali Zardari

Hermoine Green

First Class Star
Runs
"We have so much potential that the Dollar rate should/will be 5 Rupees" : Asif Ali Zardari

Nawabshah: Former President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari has claimed that we have so much potential that the dollar rate should be equal to five Pakistani rupees. He said the C-Pack project was not started to build small roads and trams.

Now 50 percent success has been achieved, 50 percent work remains, Asif Zardari

According to Hum News, while addressing a reception held in a village near Nawabshah, he said that
I am reported to be all right but today I saw that the road to the village is bad.

“I am going from village to village to find out how the roads are built,” he said. He said that my people have given me a lot, the presidency has eased the grief of Balochistan but there are still many problems in Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Asif Zardari said that he would solve the problems through force. I was happy in front of you people.

Sharif and Zardari families will end their cases and give themselves NRO 2, Imran Khan

He said that he has always loved the people of his constituency and will continue to do so. No one can take me away from his workers.

According to Hum News, earlier addressing the dignitaries of Zardari tribe, he said that he had achieved his first victory politically, now it is time to move forward.

During the meeting with the dignitaries of Zardari tribe, the former president was greeted by the members of the delegation, in response to which he also congratulated the delegation of dignitaries and said that the Zardari tribe has always trusted me.

“I have worked for you in the past, I will continue to prioritize the solution of your problems,” he said.

Imran Khan failed due to failed strategy, Asif Zardari

According to Hum News, former President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari claimed that record development works have been carried out in Nawabshah regarding establishment of schools and construction of hospitals.

https://tazaanews.com/there-is-so-m...-rate-should-be-rs-5-asif-zardari-tazaa-news/

USD is at 186.6 PKR... at least make some realistic statements

Maybe he can return back the money of Pakistan he stolen so the potential can be fulfilled.

Nawabshah: Former President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari has claimed that we have so much potential that the dollar rate should be equal to five Pakistani rupees. He said the C-Pack project was not started to build small roads and trams.

Now 50 percent success has been achieved, 50 percent work remains, Asif Zardari

According to Hum News, while addressing a reception held in a village near Nawabshah, he said that
I am reported to be all right but today I saw that the road to the village is bad.

“I am going from village to village to find out how the roads are built,” he said. He said that my people have given me a lot, the presidency has eased the grief of Balochistan but there are still many problems in Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Asif Zardari said that he would solve the problems through force. I was happy in front of you people.

Sharif and Zardari families will end their cases and give themselves NRO 2, Imran Khan

He said that he has always loved the people of his constituency and will continue to do so. No one can take me away from his workers.

According to Hum News, earlier addressing the dignitaries of Zardari tribe, he said that he had achieved his first victory politically, now it is time to move forward.

During the meeting with the dignitaries of Zardari tribe, the former president was greeted by the members of the delegation, in response to which he also congratulated the delegation of dignitaries and said that the Zardari tribe has always trusted me.

“I have worked for you in the past, I will continue to prioritize the solution of your problems,” he said.

Imran Khan failed due to failed strategy, Asif Zardari

According to Hum News, former President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari claimed that record development works have been carried out in Nawabshah regarding establishment of schools and construction of hospitals.

https://tazaanews.com/there-is-so-m...-rate-should-be-rs-5-asif-zardari-tazaa-news/

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION]
You seemed to know less about the exchange rate than AZ so are we about to appreciate our currency 9 fold. And which whisky had he sipped on before making this statement

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION]
Can you advise your leaders on how the exchange rate. Is this pathetic little man that steals from the mouths of the hungry of Sindh your leader. Come on and grow a pair. These idiots couldn't run a local council never mind replace Kaptaan.

If there is an introduction of a new PKR where the new PKR = 60-70 old PKR, his wish can come true. Turkey has done this numerous times.

This is the political equivalent of ‘Pakistani cricket mein talent bahut hai’, which means precisely nothing!

This is the political equivalent of ‘Pakistani cricket mein talent bahut hai’, which means precisely nothing!

At least the Pakistan cricket team wins a tournament with said talent once a decade.

he said Potential. That's the key word. Whether it is translated into reality or not is irrelevent.

Why say 5 rupees to 1 dollar? If you are going to lie this big, why not lie even bigger and say it will be 1 rupee to 1 dollar? Or go even further and say that it will be 5 dollars to 1 rupee.

Why say 5 rupees to 1 dollar? If you are going to lie this big, why not lie even bigger and say it will be 1 rupee to 1 dollar? Or go even further and say that it will be 5 dollars to 1 rupee.

In Only Fools and Horses-When trigger was asked what his ideal women looked like, he said nothing special.

Former president and PPP Co-Chairman Asif Ali Zardari on Monday lashed out at former prime minister Imran Khan for “attacking the state institutions” after being ousted from the government through a no-confidence vote.

In a statement, Zardari condemned the speeches made by Imran and termed them a “vicious attempt” to avoid accountability.

The PPP co-chair said Imran was afraid of the “corruption cases and foreign funding cases” against him, hence he had resorted to making the institutions “controversial to avoid punishment”.

The former president also alleged that the ousted premier along with inciting hatred against the institutions on social media was trying to provoke people's feelings through “fake conspiracy statements” in his rallies.

Zardari said Pakistan regressed during the four-year rule of PTI, adding that the rhetoric being used by Imran “threatened” national security.

“The Pakistan Army is not only the protector of Pakistan's borders but the protection of the Constitution and democracy is also its responsibility,” the former president claimed.

He added Imran was conspiring to divide the military, adding that the former premier also wanted to trample the Constitution through his actions. “Imran Khan calls others traitors yet he himself is playing the role of Mir Jaffar and Mir Sadiq by indulging in actions that would put the security of the country at stake,” he said, adding that Imran will pay for his actions.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2355786/zardari-blasts-imran-for-attacking-institutions

USD hit a high of 188.36 PKR earlier today, highest ever! Looks like Zardarai's statement had the opposite effect.

USD hit a high of 188.36 PKR earlier today, highest ever! Looks like Zardarai's statement had the opposite effect.

No panic on the news. Its the Rp you control, you control the controllers of information. And if the remittances fall by even 5%, it will hit 200. The imports are a disaster sent by the enemies of PK

PPP co-chair Asif Ali Zardari said on Wednesday that elections in the country would be held after the incumbent coalition government implements electoral reforms and amends the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) laws.

"We have to change laws and improve them and then go to elections. Whether it takes 3 or 4 months, we have to work on implementation of policies and improving the electoral process," Zardari said at a press conference in Karachi.

He said he had consulted Mian Nawaz Sharif and "made him understand that as soon as our reforms and low-hanging fruit targets are complete [we can go to polls]".

The former president said the coalition government had "no issue" with voting rights and representation for overseas Pakistani, adding that a number of seats could be specified for them after discussions.

'Apolitical army'
The army was "apolitical" for the first time, he said, asking whether the situation warranted saluting Chief of Army Staff Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa or "fighting" with him.

Talking about the no-confidence vote that led to the ouster of former prime minister Imran Khan, Zardari said it was "good to know that the army can remain neutral". He expressed the hope that the army would continue to be "apolitical" and any problems that arose could be solved by national representatives.

Talking about the judiciary, which has been criticised by PTI chairman Imran, he said he had never run a campaign against them.

"[Former military ruler] Pervez Musharraf kept me in jail for five years but we did not attack his house and I have said internationally, I want to see Musharraf alive.

"I think we should let the institution do its work and help them."

He alleged that the bureaucracy had been destroyed during the PTI government's tenure and relations with other countries were "not even present", which the incumbent government would try to improve.

He slammed Imran for labelling his opponents as Mir Jafars and Mir Sadiqs. "if anyone can run the country, it is us, not him. His own friends left him because they (PTI) could not fulfil their political commitments."

Economic issues
Elaborating on the issues facing the economy, the former president said oil was expensive which was why the country would hold a dialogue. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif had good relations with Saudi Arabia's ruling family, he noted.

Zardari said the country would keep facing difficulties until the International Monetary Fund (IMF) programme was brought back on track.

He said he had a lot of "out-of-the-box thought processes", including about the State Life Insurance Corporation. "It is an investment of more than Rs100 billion. Give 26 per cent of it to a business house with a good track record and float 26pc [of its shares] in the market. You will get at least Rs8 to 10bn."

In addition, all electricity power lines should be privatised, he said.

Zardari said he wanted businesses to consult with the PPP, which would provide out-of-the-box solutions.

He claimed that overseas Pakistanis had been "led astray" by the previous government and they had no idea about the prevailing heat and inflation in the country.

Dawn

LAHORE: PPP leader and former president Asif Ali Zardari on Saturday claimed that his party will form the next government in the Centre after winning the 2023 general elections.

“The next government (in the Centre) will be the PPP’s. I promise if I get a chance to return to power I will turn around Pakistan 110 degrees. The PPP has the capability to help the country negotiate all the challenges,” the former president said on Saturday during an interaction with the party’s office-bearers and workers at Bilawal House in Bahria Town here where he had directly reached from Nawabshah.

Regarding the party’s politics in Punjab, Mr Zardari dismissed the impression that the PPP had been wiped out from the province as well as Gilgit-Baltistan. “This is not true. The PPP has to sacrifice its politics to ‘save Pakistan’. I will myself look into the party affairs in Punjab and ensure its revival here,” he declared.

Zardari claimed the PPP, which is a part of the nine-party coalition government led by the PML-N in Punjab and Centre, would help steer the country out of the economic and political crises. He, however, did not mention contesting the next general elections with the PML-N unlike the agreement for the by-polls in Punjab next month. “We will strengthen our party in Punjab and ensure we get our fair share in the province,” he exclaimed.

Amid the slogans of “Aik Zardari sab pe bhari”, the PPP senior leader further said he would accord respect to the party workers and consult them in any future decisions. “Since it is very difficult for the workers to reach Bahria Town, which is far from the central city, I have decided to get a house in Gulberg (the city centre) for maintaining interaction with them,” he announced.

Zardari also took on ousted premier Imran Khan, saying the policies of the “anokha laadla” (a favourite of the powers that be) had caused price hike and inflation in the country.

In a reference to the PML-N, the former president said: “They (Sharifs) listen to us only when they need us.”

PPP provincial leadership, including Aslam Gill, Faisal Mir, Samina Ghurki, Azizur Rehman Chan, Tanvir Ashraf Kaira and Farooq Saeed, were also present in the meeting where Mr Zardari also welcomed Ashraf Bara in the party fold.

The former president later left for Nawabshah and is scheduled to return next week when he will hold meetings with the PML-N leadership regarding his party’s share in Punjab.

Earlier, the PPP Punjab chapter had complained to Mr Zardari that Chief Minister Hamza Shehbaz, the son of Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, was reluctant to give its lawmakers in the province their ‘agreed share’. The PPP has seven seats in the Punjab Assembly and they were reportedly promised four ministries and two adviserships by the Sharifs.

The PPP is interested in the portfolios of finance, and communication and works, but the PML-N circles believe such key seats should stay within the party. In the existing eight-member cabinet of Hamza, PPP has two members, but they remain inactive in meetings due to non-allocation of portfolios. Despite their induction to the cabinet over two weeks ago, not all members have been assigned portfolios. The PML-N leadership appears to be indecisive about the next phase of cabinet expansion.

Although the PML-N and PPP have agreed to jointly contest the next month’s by-polls on 20 provincial seats in Punjab against Imran Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), owing to ideological differences between the parties, their workers are yet to be seen in these constituencies canvassing for their joint candidates.

Hamza Shahbaz, who lost majority in the Punjab Assembly after the election commission de-seated 25 PTI lawmakers over defection in the election for the chief minister, is desperate to see the PML-N-PPP-backed candidates win the by-polls so he could retain his office.

The PML-N has awarded tickets to most of the 20 PTI dissidents for their ‘sacrifice’ of jumping Imran Khan’s ship. “Hamza has also requested his crowd-puller cousin Maryam Nawaz to campaign for these candidates -- whom the PTI calls turncoats -- so they could return to the assembly,” a party insider told Dawn.

Published in Dawn, June 19th, 2022

Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) co-chairperson and former president Asif Ali Zardari was taken to a private hospital in Karachi after his health deteriorated, sources said on Tuesday.

They said a medical team led by Dr Asim Hussain, was examining the former president. The PPP leader will undergo a medical procedure related to lungs tomorrow, the insiders added.

Last year, Zardari was admitted to a private hospital in Karachi on the advice of his doctors.

The former president 'fell ill due to the exertion and exhaustion from travelling for court appearances and the budget session'.

In October 2020, Zardari was shifted to an intensive care unit of a private hospital in Clifton as he was reportedly suffering from a chest infection and his blood sugar level had fallen to an alarming level.

The PPP co-chairperson’s personal physician Dr Asim Hussian had maintained that the former president was not feeling well and a team of health experts was constantly monitoring him and carrying out his medical tests.

Express Tribune

Asif Zardari facing post-COVID-19 complication, says Bakhtawar Butto
Bakhtawar says her father, former president Asif Ali Zardari is suffering from health comlications as he was a COVID-19 patient

Asif Ali Zardari, a former president and co-chairman of the PPP, has post-COVID-19 health complications, according to his daughter, Bakhtawar Bhutto-Zardari.

She said that her father's health prevented him from helping with flood relief.

Taking to Twitter, Zardari's elder daughter disclosed that her father is facing certain COVID-related complications. "Water has reappeared in his lungs," she tweeted.

She added that the PPP leader had also undergone a procedure in Karachi.

Issuing updates about her father's condition, Bakhtawar said Asif Zardari was not physically able to take part in the flood relief efforts but his children are reaching the flood-hit areas and doing the relief work in his place.

In a concluding tweet, she thanked those who expressed concerns for her father through messages and prayers.

On September 27, Zardari was admitted to a private hospital in Karachi's Clifton area after his health deteriorated.

A medical team, led by Dr Asim Hussain, examined him and performed the procedure related to the lungs.

The News PK

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Today Makhdoom Fazal, Makhdoom Mohsin & Makhdoom Amaar met me & narrated their arrests & harassment at the hands of Zardari mafia in Sindh. There is only law of the jungle in Sindh where Zardari law rules. Those who cannot be bought are coerced & intimidated by police & thugs <a href="https://t.co/UoCD1ckP3T">pic.twitter.com/UoCD1ckP3T</a></p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1592522553523847168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 15, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">of Zardari mafia. No one dares to oppose this mafia in Sindh. Those who do pay a high price as we saw earlier with Haleem Adil Sheikh. Last LG elections were rigged & 15% were elected without contest bec of terrorisation of those seeking to contest against PPP.</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1592522556783099904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 15, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

An accountability court in Islamabad on Thursday sent the Thatta water supply reference against PPP Co-Chairperson and former president Asif Ali Zardari back to the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), saying that it no longer fell in its domain after the present government’s changes in the relevant law.

The reference was heard by Accountability Court Judge Rana Nasir Javed, who announced his reserved verdict in the case.

The court observed that as the case no longer fell within its jurisdiction after the amendments to the National Accountability Ordinance (NAO), it should be forwarded to a relevant forum.

Earlier, Zardari also filed a plea for sending the mega-money laundering reference pertaining to the fake accounts back to NAB under the new law.

Zardari’s lawyer Farooq H Naek and the NAB prosecutor appeared before the accountability court.

Back