What are your favourite biscuits?

KingKhanWC

Test Captain
Runs
Everybody loves biscuits.

What is your favourite?

I like to mix it up with UK biscuits & Asian flavours.

Shortbread is the best biscuit in the world imo . It’s a Scottish biscuit , buttery in flavour & importantly can be dunked in hot tea without breaking .

What are popular biscuits in India ? @CricketCartoons

IMG_9057.jpeg

Everybody loves biscuits.

What is your favourite?

I like to mix it up with UK biscuits & Asian flavours.

Shortbread is the best biscuit in the world imo . It’s a Scottish biscuit , buttery in flavour & importantly can be dunked in hot tea without breaking .

What are popular biscuits in India ? @CricketCartoons
I like Digestive biscuits

Last edited by a moderator:
Mcvities and Cadbury Fingers were always fun to eat. There are no decent biscuit brands in India from my experience.

Mcvities and Cadbury Fingers were always fun to eat. There are no decent biscuit brands in India from my experience.
India doesn't really do great biscuits. I grew up on Parle-G and Marie biscuits with a local bakery jim-jam for an occasional treat.

There are regional specialities though. Hyderabad's got some good stuff. Karachi biscuits, Osmania biscuits, Chand biscuits. Pune's Shrewsburies (which I'm sure have relation to the original town) are good. Can't think of many more immediately but I've had some good stuff in Bangalore as well.

Forgot to add Nan-Khatais and Kerala Rose biscuits. Really unique stuff.

Very tasty.

What’s a Canadian favourite in shops?

To be honest, I haven't tried too many Canadian biscuits. Tim Horton's has some nice biscuits. I eat those sometimes.

I mostly eat Danish biscuits and sometimes desi biscuits (pineapple cream and lime cream are my favorite ones).

Butter-biscuits from Chennai local tea shops, it was my favourite growing up and even later, one bite of it always brought a smile to my face.

India doesn't really do great biscuits. I grew up on Parle-G and Marie biscuits with a local bakery jim-jam for an occasional treat.

There are regional specialities though. Hyderabad's got some good stuff. Karachi biscuits, Osmania biscuits, Chand biscuits. Pune's Shrewsburies (which I'm sure have relation to the original town) are good. Can't think of many more immediately but I've had some good stuff in Bangalore as well.

India must have huge bakery shops with numerous varieties, same as Pakistan. Quality may not be high due do muthai sweets being the thing to eat with tea .

You have cake rusks ?

To be honest, I haven't tried too many Canadian biscuits. Tim Horton's has some nice biscuits. I eat those sometimes.

I mostly eat Danish biscuits and sometimes desi biscuits (pineapple cream and lime cream are my favorite ones).

You have custard creams ?

Do these regional specialities you mentioned actually maintain their quality ? The ones I've tasted in Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kerala .. their bakers eventually dilute the ingredients in them and they taste like sand bleh. Got to look after their ol profit margins I guess.

I love Bakery biscuits from Sahiwal Pakistan. They are just too delicious.

Otherwise Jam heart and 50/50 biscuits are great too.

India must have huge bakery shops with numerous varieties, same as Pakistan. Quality may not be high due do muthai sweets being the thing to eat with tea .

You have cake rusks ?

Yep cake rusk and dry rusks are pretty popular.

Interestingly, most well known, famous bakeries in India are Muslim owned. I had some great biscuits in Kashmir last year. There's a huge bakery culture there.

I would say besides Mithai, savouries in India are very popular with tea. The likes of Haldirams and Bikanerwala have built billion dollar empires on them. You might've seen them abroad in Indian ethnic stores.

Do these regional specialities you mentioned actually maintain their quality ? The ones I've tasted in Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kerala .. their bakers eventually dilute the ingredients in them and they taste like sand bleh. Got to look after their ol profit margins I guess.
True. You can still find them if you know the right stores from the locals. The popular brands get pretty crappy soon like you say.

Yep cake rusk and dry rusks are pretty popular.

Interestingly, most well known, famous bakeries in India are Muslim owned. I had some great biscuits in Kashmir last year. There's a huge bakery culture there.

I would say besides Mithai, savouries in India are very popular with tea. The likes of Haldirams and Bikanerwala have built billion dollar empires on them. You might've seen them abroad in Indian ethnic stores.

Interesting. It seems Pakistan has more of a sweet tooth than India. Pakistani bakery biscuits are incredible. I’ll update this with photos when I visit again

Custard creams
McVities milk chocolate digestives
McVities Hobnobs oaty creams

Shortbreads are great but only rarely as it's a real artery clogger.

dark choco leibnitz, cant have enough of these

5ed8f51f-b5e8-4558-91f4-90241e33fecd_1671055083.jpeg

Used to love Tim Tams (Australian product)

When I was growing up in the US it was: chips ahoy

Favourite Indian biscuits were Bourbon..

No longer eat any sweets or sugar so I am out of the industry.

Such a dangerous thread...
Well done @KingKhanWC

During Covid LockDown I developed a certain fetish.
Now don't hate me for this.. Keep an open mind and maybe try it yourself :)

Make sure you have at least two whole packets of Digestive Biscuits...
Take a carton of Ambrosia Custard. Heat up a large amount in bowl and dip the biscuit in to it..
Call the it alternative to dipping it in to a cup of tea, but with a billion more calories.

Once you've got tired of this, for me it was 8 kg's in weight later, take a jar of Peanut Butter...Spread it on the Digestive and keep going until you've finished 3/4 of the jar (around 1 1/2 packet of Digestives).

Well done @KingKhanWC

Take a carton of Ambrosia Custard. Heat up a large amount in bowl and dip the biscuit in to it..
Call the it alternative to dipping it in to a cup of tea, but with a billion more calories.

Once you've got tired of this, for me it was 8 kg's in weight later, take a jar of Peanut Butter...Spread it on the Digestive and keep going until you've finished 3/4 of the jar (around 1 1/2 packet of Digestives).
Bro this seems more dangerous than crack

Those jars of peanut butter are very dangerous. Used to down a whole jar in 1 sitting after a leg session at the gym, it took a lot of work to finally break away from the butter jar.

Well done @KingKhanWC

Custard dipped biscuits! Why didn’t I think of this! I’ve had biscuits in a trifle before but never this .

I’d guess a packet of digestive with a bowl of custard, prob 1200 cal? It’s not too bad , good motivation for the gym .

Used to love Tim Tams (Australian product)

When I was growing up in the US it was: chips ahoy

Favourite Indian biscuits were Bourbon..

No longer eat any sweets or sugar so I am out of the industry.

What is a Tim tam ? Sounds like some sort of jam type biscuits?

FOXS chocolate Crunch creams are immense

Love a Chocolate Hob Knob

Not really a biscuit but a Cake Rusk with a cup of tea hits the spot.

Farmfoods used to have a great biscuit selection. Some random flavours you don't see in Big Supermarkets.

FOXS chocolate Crunch creams are immense

Love a Chocolate Hob Knob

Not really a biscuit but a Cake Rusk with a cup of tea hits the spot.

Farmfoods used to have a great biscuit selection. Some random flavours you don't see in Big Supermarkets.

Fox’s are the top tier of biscuits.

The small cake rusks which come in a see through bag are the best imo . I wonder who invented those ? It’s funny how so many Pakistani parents see them as breakfast. I was watching East is East again, the mom opens a pack of biscuits & shouts breakfast lol

It's an Aussie thing bro. Chocolate biscuits with chocolate cream, caramel, etc a few flavours available.

My sister who lives in the US tells me it's starting to catch on there.

Looks similar to penguin bars we have here bro . I’m sure I can find some here . Are Aussies big tea fans too or more coffee ?

It’s wrong to dunk anything in a coffee imo . Only chai

Looks similar to penguin bars we have here bro . I’m sure I can find some here . Are Aussies big tea fans too or more coffee ?

It’s wrong to dunk anything in a coffee imo . Only chai
Aussies are mainly coffee drinkers bruh.

They can't live without the caffeine 😁

Back in the day it use to be Fox’s and Chocolate Digestives. More recently I’d say it’s the whole grain chocolate Belvita 4 pack 👀 I usually add peanut butter to them for a treat every now and then, it’s more of a treat though due to how carby they can be.

Please specify your question for a native speaker.

You mean favorite biscuit or favorite biskut. There is a huge difference and if you know you know.

Shortbread is really good, but my personal favourite is Soooper.
1724945782467.png

While we are at this, I would also like to share a very important message with the rest of the posters. While the good old biskut never hurt anyone, biscuit is poisonous for health as proven by science.

Has no one mentioned Lotus Biscoff? I could eat the whole pack and the jar of spread.

1. Lotus Biscoff
2. Shortbread (with water)
3. Mcvities chocolate digestives (and the plain ones)
4. Chocolate version of custard creams
5. Fox Vienesse biscuits
6. Fox Jam n Cream
7. Maryland cookies

No Jammie Dodgers fans? For decades of my life I missed out as I didn't think I would be a fan without the cream found in a Victoria sponge, but the video below persuaded me give them ago....and no looking back since.

Just ate half a pack of these with tea, it’s impossible to stop!

Attachments

• IMG_9077.jpeg
    IMG_9077.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Back