"What is happening in Bangladesh can happen in India": Former Indian External Affair Minister

Do you agree with Salman Khurshid here?

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs

What is happening in Bangladesh can happen in India: Salman Khurshid

Addressing the event, Rashtriya Janata Dal MP Manoj Jha spoke about the Shaheen Bagh agitation against the Citizenship Amendment Act and the National Register of Citizens

Salman Khurshid also said that another agitation Like That Of Shaheen Bagh Cannot Take Place In The country today

Congress leader Salman Khurshid on Tuesday said what is happening in Bangladesh can happen in the country though "everything may look normal on the surface".

The former Union minister was speaking at the launch of academician Mujibur Rehman's book Shikwa-e-Hind: The Political Future of Indian Muslims.

"Everything may look normal in Kashmir. Everything may look normal here. We may be celebrating the victory, although of course some people believe that victory or that success of 2024 was perhaps only marginal, perhaps a lot more needs to be done," he said.

"The fact remains that under the surface there is something," he said.

"What's happening in Bangladesh can happen here... the spread in our country prevents things blowing up in the manner in which they've blown up in Bangladesh," he said.

Addressing the event, Rashtriya Janata Dal MP Manoj Jha spoke about the Shaheen Bagh agitation against the Citizenship Amendment Act and the National Register of Citizens and said it has not been given due credit.

The protest against the new citizenship law spearheaded by women in Southeast Delhi's Shaheen Bagh continued for nearly 100 days and had inspired similar demonstrations across the country.

Source: Business Standard

A prospect of watching Modi flee to Jatti Umrah would be hilarious lol. By the way Salman Khurshid is no layman in Indian politics

Ind democracy roots are fundamentally very strong. There's a reason ind has been a strong democracy last 70 years unlike its neighbors. Sometimes i think you guys live in a fantasy land with all these fantasy scenarios. Khurshid is in his own delusional world.

Ind democracy roots are fundamentally very strong. There's a reason ind has been a strong democracy last 70 years unlike its neighbors. Sometimes i think you guys live in a fantasy land with all these fantasy scenarios. Khurshid is in his own delusional world.
Still coming from an erudite former EA minister

Still coming from an erudite former EA minister
Key word - former. In Ind - politicians will say anything for brownie points and to win elections. He's from Congress and the days of single Congress party rule are long gone. The coalition partners who all are opportunistic atleast when it comes to national security in case upa ever comes to power will never let something like this happen. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a correction tweet comingg from cong or him.

India’s democratic fundamentals, whilst not foolproof, are strong and capable enough to withstand upheavals such as what we’ve seen in Bangladesh recently, particularly as the people’s mandate is oft-respected and not abrogated in India, unlike Bangladesh and Pakistan for that matter.

India’s democratic fundamentals, whilst not foolproof, are strong and capable enough to withstand upheavals such as what we’ve seen in Bangladesh recently, particularly as the people’s mandate is oft-respected and not abrogated in India, unlike Bangladesh and Pakistan for that matter.

LOL at people's mandate.

Hasina was in power illegally. There wasn't a proper election in Bangladesh after 2008 (all were sham elections).

That's why people got rid of him and army didn't stop people.

Hypothetical question - If this happens in India where will Modi flee to? Which country will take him in?
Hypothetical question

Pakistanis seem so involved in other countries, have they ever thought of doing something for their own country?

Hypothetical question - If this happens in India where will Modi flee to? Which country will take him in?
I don't think he would flee if it happened.

Dude is an old man, no kids, no wife, no assets,

What would he look to preserve by running?

It can happen, but the chances are lower because of the federal nature of governance. So people who don't like the central government can vote in a different party at the state level.

Also India has a lot of different constituencies who don't trust each other to wield power responsibly if they take power . Even when hindu vote is united, there are a lot of underlying caste tensions that parties keep under control by giving tickets to caste leaders. Within dalits there are subgroups that don't get along with each other

If it happens the unrest will have to be something big and in UP, haryana or punjab. All three are geographically close to the capital and there have been attempts to march on the capital before.

If this were to happen, Modi cannot flee to UK/USA anyway given his historical ban for inciting religious violence.

LOL at people's mandate.

Hasina was in power illegally. There wasn't a proper election in Bangladesh after 2008 (all were sham elections).

That's why people got rid of him and army didn't stop people.
I believe you misread me- I said that the people’s mandate is not respected in Bangladesh and Pakistan.

The whole premise of the thread is wrong. It has nothing to do with democracy.

It's about how the defense organisation is structured of which, army is just a part. There are various checks in place including establishment of auxiliary groups to prevent such type of scenario.

India never had a army coup through out all these years because from the very beginning, the roles, limitations, preventions were there which was absense in case of both East and West Pakistan. Even if I take the case of bangladeshi, the whole system was just a glorious version of Pakistani system.

It was unstable for a long time and it was just a matter of when and not if. There are power imbalance from the very beginning in case of Pakistan and Bangladesh inherited the trait.

As said here - Ind is not a banana republic. There are checks and balances with the army, executive, legislature etc.. And there is no hypothetical question . You should ask again for Pak. If this happens in Pak where will Imran Khan flee to? Which country will take him in?

no not happening.

India is a strong country constitutionally wise. Any such things are just wishful thinking.

India is well functioning democracy with peaceful power of transfer between elected goverments and no history of army ruling the country. No similarity with Pakistan or Bangladesh.

I do agree that India's democracy seems more stable compared to Pakistan, BD or SL. 70+ years of no coup is a good feat for a new and poor nation (poor by GDP in its early days).

#1 - My question about where Modi would flee is only from a geo-political standpoint, as to which country is so aligned with Modi that they may go against the popular opinion of India. This question does not mean I'm implying it will happen in India. FWIW, I think IK could flee to Saudi or Qatar if it happens in Pakistan.

#2 - More importantly, how has India's democracy evolved to be stronger than Pakistan/BD/SL? What constitutional protections are there in Indian democracy that are absent in the rest of South Asia? A bit of a naive question, regardless of constitution or having the military report to PMO or President, what stops an Indian military general to disregard any of these and roll in the tanks with his loyal military behind him?

What happened in Bangladesh may not happen in India because Narendra Modi (no matter how problematic he is) is popular with a significant number of people.

Hasina was in power illegally and was hugely unpopular. There wasn't a single fair election in Bangladesh after 2008. Once economy started to go downhill, people started to lose patience. The quota issue was the final nail in her coffin.

What happened in Bangladesh may not happen in India because Narendra Modi (no matter how problematic he is) is popular with a significant number of people.

Hasina was in power illegally and was hugely unpopular. There wasn't a single fair election in Bangladesh after 2008. Once economy started to go downhill, people started to lose patience. The quota issue was the final nail in her coffin.
There is no harm in imagining. When reality is bleak, people find succour by imagining their favourite outcomes.

Put the pipe down Kurshid. But he is hoping beyond hope.

They tried that during Farmers protest and the CAA protests. Chants of Bharat tere tukde tukde and Jinnah wali Azaadi echoed at that time.

But they forgot that Indian people are smart and they saw through the separatists plan.

Probably won’t happen in India as extremist of India has already taken over through democracy :)

But, has Imran Khan left Pakistan? :)

I do agree that India's democracy seems more stable compared to Pakistan, BD or SL. 70+ years of no coup is a good feat for a new and poor nation (poor by GDP in its early days).

#1 - My question about where Modi would flee is only from a geo-political standpoint, as to which country is so aligned with Modi that they may go against the popular opinion of India. This question does not mean I'm implying it will happen in India. FWIW, I think IK could flee to Saudi or Qatar if it happens in Pakistan.

#2 - More importantly, how has India's democracy evolved to be stronger than Pakistan/BD/SL? What constitutional protections are there in Indian democracy that are absent in the rest of South Asia? A bit of a naive question, regardless of constitution or having the military report to PMO or President, what stops an Indian military general to disregard any of these and roll in the tanks with his loyal military behind him?
Theoretically this can happen anywhere. In fact, it looked like something was building up post the '20 election in the States. I wonder where Biden would've fled - Canada is too close. Maybe UK or Australia?

Modi would probably go down with the ship or go wherever he could plan a comeback from - US and Russia weirdly are the two prime candidates.

Theoretically this can happen anywhere. In fact, it looked like something was building up post the '20 election in the States. I wonder where Biden would've fled - Canada is too close. Maybe UK or Australia?

Modi would probably go down with the ship or go wherever he could plan a comeback from - US and Russia weirdly are the two prime candidates.
Why go through all the pain when a simple assassination will do?

#1 it's difficult to tell because foreign policies may drastically change depending upon the scenario.

#2 it has nothing to do with democracy. It's about the structure of how gov is organised along with security forces.

Army is just a part of the security forces which are dispersed mostly towards border areas. Rest are maintained by auxiliary forces which have different chain of command.

Then you have separate air and navy.

On top of that, India have a significantly large size of police forces under state govt.

On top of that, you've other auxiliary security personnel especially aimed for prevention of coup which has larger presence in Delhi.

It is impossible to mobilise such people dispersed in vast area in short amount of time to trigger a coup. The different chain of commands will also make the process even slower even if all are in same page.

Then you have diverse racial, ethnic identity with a strong presence of pride towards the region (state).

All these mixes together to form a multi headed organisation without anyone getting major share of power. In other words, the struggle for power vaccum isn't present unlike Pakistan or Bangladesh. No one has centralised power and thus no one can trigger big enough chaos to trigger a coup.

Indian visa centres closed indefinitely

All Indian Visa Application Centres (IVAC) in Bangladesh will remain closed until further notice.

A message posted on IVAC website cited "unstable situation" in Bangladesh for the closure.

The dates for next visa application will be informed through SMS and passports can be collected on next working day, reads the message.

SOURE:https://www.tbsnews.net/bangladesh/indian-visa-centres-closed-indefinitely-911921

Put the pipe down Kurshid. But he is hoping beyond hope.

They tried that during Farmers protest and the CAA protests. Chants of Bharat tere tukde tukde and Jinnah wali Azaadi echoed at that time.

But they forgot that Indian people are smart and they saw through the separatists plan.
Congress is as nationalist as bjp... It was Congress that added the checks and balances that enables peaceful transfer of power.

you cannot overstate the contributions of congress in helping India avoid the pitfalls that plagued Pak and Bangladesh.

Congress ensured a stable India, not an economically developed one, but a stable self sufficient non aligned India, and that is perhaps more important than economy.

Congress is as nationalist as bjp... It was Congress that added the checks and balances that enables peaceful transfer of power.

you cannot overstate the contributions of congress in helping India avoid the pitfalls that plagued Pak and Bangladesh.

Congress ensured a stable India, not an economically developed one, but a stable self sufficient non aligned India, and that is perhaps more important than economy.
I won't say Congress but the political system.

Congress of that time and current is so vast that current is just a shell. Many ideology of BJP you can find in various agendas of different Congress leaders. It's not as if BJP came out of no where.

Every political team is a descendant of the bigger political system that existed in India at that point of time. So I won't congratulate current Congress for this achievement.

I won't say Congress but the political system.

Congress of that time and current is so vast that current is just a shell. Many ideology of BJP you can find in various agendas of different Congress leaders. It's not as if BJP came out of no where.

Every political team is a descendant of the bigger political system that existed in India at that point of time. So I won't congratulate current Congress for this achievement.
I quite agree with your assessment...

It is the same concept where generational wealth is passed from rich to rich even though only the first generation was actually productive.

Putin could but he would access the sentiment in India first, only nation that would do it for certain is Israel.
I thought you would say Putin as well. Any reason why Putin was not mentioned ? Or maybe Trump at his Mar a lago residence. :D

"If Bangladesh becomes unstable...: Muhammad Yunus' warning for India​

The first task of Bangladesh's interim government, which will be sworn in on Thursday, will be to restore law and order in the country, Nobel Peace Prize-winning economist Muhammad Yunus, who will head the new administration, told NDTV in an interview on Wednesday.

The interview, which Yunus gave before his return to Bangladesh on Thursday, came amid reports of continuing unrest and violence in the country and after Sheikh Hasina resigned as prime minister and fled to India in the wake of weeks of tumultuous student protests.

During the interview, 84-year-old Yunus, who is Bangladesh's only Nobel laureate and a harsh critic of Hasina, cautioned that India's North-East and West Bengal state, along with Myanmar, would be affected if Bangladesh became unstable.

On the same day as Yunus' interview, the Border Security Force (BSF) said that it had thwarted a "significant" infiltration attempt by a large group of Bangladeshis along the international border in West Bengal. BSF personnel reportedly stopped about 120-140 Bangladeshi citizens who were attempting to cross over to the Indian side from multiple locations. The BSF has been on "high alert" since the fall of the Hasina government in Dhaka earlier this week.

It could indeed due to the lower protein intake

The first task of Bangladesh's interim government, which will be sworn in on Thursday, will be to restore law and order in the country, Nobel Peace Prize-winning economist Muhammad Yunus, who will head the new administration, told NDTV in an interview on Wednesday.

The interview, which Yunus gave before his return to Bangladesh on Thursday, came amid reports of continuing unrest and violence in the country and after Sheikh Hasina resigned as prime minister and fled to India in the wake of weeks of tumultuous student protests.

During the interview, 84-year-old Yunus, who is Bangladesh's only Nobel laureate and a harsh critic of Hasina, cautioned that India's North-East and West Bengal state, along with Myanmar, would be affected if Bangladesh became unstable.

On the same day as Yunus' interview, the Border Security Force (BSF) said that it had thwarted a "significant" infiltration attempt by a large group of Bangladeshis along the international border in West Bengal. BSF personnel reportedly stopped about 120-140 Bangladeshi citizens who were attempting to cross over to the Indian side from multiple locations. The BSF has been on "high alert" since the fall of the Hasina government in Dhaka earlier this week.

>>"If Bangladesh becomes unstable...:<<

Claymores and a some MG42s nests will take of the problem..

Maybe a little payback for Direct action day.

#1 it's difficult to tell because foreign policies may drastically change depending upon the scenario.

#2 it has nothing to do with democracy. It's about the structure of how gov is organised along with security forces.

Army is just a part of the security forces which are dispersed mostly towards border areas. Rest are maintained by auxiliary forces which have different chain of command.

Then you have separate air and navy.

On top of that, India have a significantly large size of police forces under state govt.

On top of that, you've other auxiliary security personnel especially aimed for prevention of coup which has larger presence in Delhi.

It is impossible to mobilise such people dispersed in vast area in short amount of time to trigger a coup. The different chain of commands will also make the process even slower even if all are in same page.

Then you have diverse racial, ethnic identity with a strong presence of pride towards the region (state).

All these mixes together to form a multi headed organisation without anyone getting major share of power. In other words, the struggle for power vaccum isn't present unlike Pakistan or Bangladesh. No one has centralised power and thus no one can trigger big enough chaos to trigger a coup.
Good explanation!

Translation - If my toilet breaks, all of your neighbors houses will stink.

Declare Bengal's independence from Modi rule, Bangladesh Islamist tells Mamata​

Bangladeshi Islamic radical Jashimuddin Rahmani Hafi, who was released after Hasina's fall by the interim government, has asked West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to "free Bengal from Modi's rule and declare its independence". In the viral video, Rahmani, the chief of the Ansarullah Bangla Team (ABT), an al-Qaida-affiliated terrorist outfit, also warned of "breaking up" India and "hoisting Islamist flags in Delhi".

Al-Qaida in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS), to which the ABT owes allegiance, is a banned outfit in India.

A Dhaka-based fact-checker confirmed to India Today Digital that the video of Jashimuddin, probably shot in a hospital ward, was genuine. It was likely shot in the first week of September as Rahmani referred to "one month of the revolution" of Sheikh Hasina's ouster in the video. The "revolution" was a reference to the protests in Bangladesh that ended on August 5, after Sheikh Hasina fled the country.

Rahmani, who was jailed for five years for murdering a blogger, was released on parole in August, weeks after a military-backed interim government took charge under Nobel-laureate Muhammad Yunus.

RAHMANI WARNS WILL GET 'CHICKEN'S NECK BLOCKED BY CHINA'

Islamic extremist Jashimuddin Rahmani, who is known for his extremist views and links to Pakistan-based terrorist groups, called for the secession of West Bengal while vowing support for separatist movements across India.

"We will tell Mamata Banerjee of West Bengal to free Bengal from Modi's rule and declare independence," Jashimuddin Rahmani said in the inflammatory monologue.

The Islamic terrorist also warned India against any aggressive actions towards Bangladesh.

"Bangladesh is not like Sikkim or Bhutan. It is a country of 18 crore Muslims," Rahmani said, suggesting that any provocation would result in strategic retaliation.

He then threatened to enlist China's help in cutting off India's northeastern states by cutting the Siliguri corridor, often referred to as the "chicken's neck", a 20-kilometre narrow stretch connecting the northeastern region to rest of India.

"If you take a step towards Bangladesh, we will ask China to close the chicken's neck [Siliguri corridor]. We will tell the Seven Sisters [Northeastern states] to join the freedom movement," Rahmani was said saying in the video.

Rahmani's message to West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee comes at a sensitive time when her government is facing an unprecedented wrath of the people following the rape and murder of a 31-year-oild trainee doctor in Kolkata's RG Kar Medical College and Hospital.

JASHIMUDDIN RAHMANI EXHORTS PAKISTAN TO HELP KASHMIRIS

Rahmani, whose outfit Ansarullah Bangla Team (ABT) was banned by the Sheikh Hasina government, referred to the Khalistani movement in Punjab and the terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir, while talking about "disintegrating" India.

In the 30-minute-long video, terror-monger Rahmani warned India that Bangladesh's "Tawhid population", a reference to Islamic unity, would rise up if Bangladesh was challenged by India.

"It is a country of 18 crore Muslims. This is our sacred land. If you dare to look this way, your eyes will be taken out... Take a step forward, and your legs will be broken... Reach out, and your hands will be cut off...," Jashimuddin Rahmani threatened in the video.

"The day is not far when your country too will be broken, and the flags of the Tawhid will flutter in Delhi," the terrorist added.

The ABT chief, who has openly supported al-Qaida and its branch in the Indian subcontinent (AQIS), sought assistance from Pakistan and Afghanistan to "liberate Kashmir" and advocated for Khalistan.

"Tell Kashmir to get ready for freedom. Pakistan and Afghanistan together will help Kashmir gain independence. We will work for the freedom of Kashmir," he said.

Jashimuddin Rahmani, who was jailed under Bangladesh's anti-terror laws during Sheikh Hasina's rule, also warned India against associating with the former Bangladesh PM.

"Stay away from Hasina, she herself is rotten, and she will spoil you too. I will tell India not to dance around with Hasina," he added in the video.

JASHIMUDDIN RAHMANI AND HIS ATB A THREAT TO INDIA

Jashimuddin Rahmani, the leader of the terror outfit Ansarullah Bangla Team (ABT), poses a serious threat to India's security. Rahmani's release raised alarms for India, especially given ABT’s strong ties to al-Qaida in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) and its efforts to establish a jihadi network within India through sleeper cells.

In recent years, terrorists of ABT have been arrested in Assam, including during a foiled terror plot in May 2024. Intelligence reports suggest that ABT has partnered with Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) to carry out attacks, particularly in India's northeastern region.

That Bangladesh has freed such a terrorist and is allowing him to spread messages of hatred is a matter of concern for India.

Won't happen. Revolutions in Nuclear Powered State is next to impossible unless the state itself collapses (Soviet Union).

Bangladeshi Islamic radical Jashimuddin Rahmani Hafi, who was released after Hasina's fall by the interim government, has asked West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to "free Bengal from Modi's rule and declare its independence". In the viral video, Rahmani, the chief of the Ansarullah Bangla Team (ABT), an al-Qaida-affiliated terrorist outfit, also warned of "breaking up" India and "hoisting Islamist flags in Delhi".

Al-Qaida in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS), to which the ABT owes allegiance, is a banned outfit in India.

A Dhaka-based fact-checker confirmed to India Today Digital that the video of Jashimuddin, probably shot in a hospital ward, was genuine. It was likely shot in the first week of September as Rahmani referred to "one month of the revolution" of Sheikh Hasina's ouster in the video. The "revolution" was a reference to the protests in Bangladesh that ended on August 5, after Sheikh Hasina fled the country.

Rahmani, who was jailed for five years for murdering a blogger, was released on parole in August, weeks after a military-backed interim government took charge under Nobel-laureate Muhammad Yunus.

Islamic extremist Jashimuddin Rahmani, who is known for his extremist views and links to Pakistan-based terrorist groups, called for the secession of West Bengal while vowing support for separatist movements across India.

"We will tell Mamata Banerjee of West Bengal to free Bengal from Modi's rule and declare independence," Jashimuddin Rahmani said in the inflammatory monologue.

The Islamic terrorist also warned India against any aggressive actions towards Bangladesh.

"Bangladesh is not like Sikkim or Bhutan. It is a country of 18 crore Muslims," Rahmani said, suggesting that any provocation would result in strategic retaliation.

He then threatened to enlist China's help in cutting off India's northeastern states by cutting the Siliguri corridor, often referred to as the "chicken's neck", a 20-kilometre narrow stretch connecting the northeastern region to rest of India.

"If you take a step towards Bangladesh, we will ask China to close the chicken's neck [Siliguri corridor]. We will tell the Seven Sisters [Northeastern states] to join the freedom movement," Rahmani was said saying in the video.

Rahmani's message to West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee comes at a sensitive time when her government is facing an unprecedented wrath of the people following the rape and murder of a 31-year-oild trainee doctor in Kolkata's RG Kar Medical College and Hospital.

Rahmani, whose outfit Ansarullah Bangla Team (ABT) was banned by the Sheikh Hasina government, referred to the Khalistani movement in Punjab and the terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir, while talking about "disintegrating" India.

In the 30-minute-long video, terror-monger Rahmani warned India that Bangladesh's "Tawhid population", a reference to Islamic unity, would rise up if Bangladesh was challenged by India.

"It is a country of 18 crore Muslims. This is our sacred land. If you dare to look this way, your eyes will be taken out... Take a step forward, and your legs will be broken... Reach out, and your hands will be cut off...," Jashimuddin Rahmani threatened in the video.

"The day is not far when your country too will be broken, and the flags of the Tawhid will flutter in Delhi," the terrorist added.

The ABT chief, who has openly supported al-Qaida and its branch in the Indian subcontinent (AQIS), sought assistance from Pakistan and Afghanistan to "liberate Kashmir" and advocated for Khalistan.

"Tell Kashmir to get ready for freedom. Pakistan and Afghanistan together will help Kashmir gain independence. We will work for the freedom of Kashmir," he said.

Jashimuddin Rahmani, who was jailed under Bangladesh's anti-terror laws during Sheikh Hasina's rule, also warned India against associating with the former Bangladesh PM.

"Stay away from Hasina, she herself is rotten, and she will spoil you too. I will tell India not to dance around with Hasina," he added in the video.

Jashimuddin Rahmani, the leader of the terror outfit Ansarullah Bangla Team (ABT), poses a serious threat to India's security. Rahmani's release raised alarms for India, especially given ABT’s strong ties to al-Qaida in the Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) and its efforts to establish a jihadi network within India through sleeper cells.

In recent years, terrorists of ABT have been arrested in Assam, including during a foiled terror plot in May 2024. Intelligence reports suggest that ABT has partnered with Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) to carry out attacks, particularly in India's northeastern region.

That Bangladesh has freed such a terrorist and is allowing him to spread messages of hatred is a matter of concern for India.

This isn't gonna happen soon . In all likelihood ,Modi and Mamata have made a lot of backdoor deals. In Arvind Kejriwal was so easily arrested based on a liquor scam, how come Mamata still goes free? President's rule should have been enforced in Bengal by now, but instead of that, the Centre send forces to protect her ( I understand this is how it should act and is absolutely fair, but there was little resistance in it).

The Ban jihadi barrel hole ala Pak establishment style has started. There will be no elections in Ban for a while. Once the army there tastes absolute power - they will be against elections and go the puppet route like Pak having a dummy PM. A terrorist released and made such statements and not a peep here from the Ban and Pak posters. The answer is in the silence I guess FWIW

Blast in central Kolkata injures ragpicker; bomb disposal squad on site​

A 58-year-old ragpicker was injured in a blast that occurred today at around 1.45 pm on the intersection of Blochmann Street and SN Banerjee Road in central Kolkata, officials said.

The incident prompted an immediate response from officials of the Taltala Police Station who observed a plastic gunny bag at the entry point of Blochmann Street. The area was immediately cordoned off with security tape, and the Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) was summoned to investigate.

BDDS personnel conducted a thorough inspection of the bag and the surrounding area. Following their clearance, traffic in the vicinity was resumed, sources told India Today TV.

Additionally, forensic investigations are underway to determine the cause and nature of the explosion.

Meanwhile, the ragpicker, identified as Bapi Das, was rushed to NRS Medical College and Hospital for treatment. Due to his condition, his statement has not yet been recorded, an official said.

Reacting to the incident, Bengal BJP leader and Union Minister Sukanta Majumdar called for a thorough investigation by the National Investigating Agency (NIA).

"The explosion is of great concern. It should be investigated thoroughly. In particular, I feel that an investigation by NIA is required. I don't think the police have that kind of professionalism to investigate this incident," he said.

Majumdar also slammed West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for the deteriorating law and order condition in the state.

"The incident also depicts the failure of Mamata Banerjee as a Home Minister. If this is the condition of law and order in the state, the Home Minister should resign," he added.

A 58-year-old ragpicker was injured in a blast that occurred today at around 1.45 pm on the intersection of Blochmann Street and SN Banerjee Road in central Kolkata, officials said.

The incident prompted an immediate response from officials of the Taltala Police Station who observed a plastic gunny bag at the entry point of Blochmann Street. The area was immediately cordoned off with security tape, and the Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) was summoned to investigate.

BDDS personnel conducted a thorough inspection of the bag and the surrounding area. Following their clearance, traffic in the vicinity was resumed, sources told India Today TV.

Additionally, forensic investigations are underway to determine the cause and nature of the explosion.

Meanwhile, the ragpicker, identified as Bapi Das, was rushed to NRS Medical College and Hospital for treatment. Due to his condition, his statement has not yet been recorded, an official said.

Reacting to the incident, Bengal BJP leader and Union Minister Sukanta Majumdar called for a thorough investigation by the National Investigating Agency (NIA).

"The explosion is of great concern. It should be investigated thoroughly. In particular, I feel that an investigation by NIA is required. I don't think the police have that kind of professionalism to investigate this incident," he said.

Majumdar also slammed West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for the deteriorating law and order condition in the state.

"The incident also depicts the failure of Mamata Banerjee as a Home Minister. If this is the condition of law and order in the state, the Home Minister should resign," he added.

Goodness! I wasn't aware of the news. Hope the rag picker recovers, and hope the authorities solve the case.

I predicted Indian occupied Bengal will have the Bangladesh flag flying over it soon. You can see now that the more extreme people in Bangladesh are eyeing it up and Bengal nationalists in IOP will now be getting ideas.

India opened up a real pandaros box that will create chaos at home for them too.

What a shame to refer someone as rag picker. I hope he is ok.

I predicted Indian occupied Bengal will have the Bangladesh flag flying over it soon. You can see now that the more extreme people in Bangladesh are eyeing it up and Bengal nationalists in IOP will now be getting ideas.

India opened up a real pandaros box that will create chaos at home for them too.
@cricketjoshila - Dada, we better be wary of what's coming next since the second coming of Nostradamus has made the greatest prediction of this century :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What do you mean by Indian occupied Bengal? And what's Bangladesh then? Pakistan occupied Bengal?
The extremists is Pak and Bangladesh are eyeing Indian territory because they have been incompetent in building their own country. That's not India's fault.

And they should stop eyeing Indian territory now. This isn't the earlier Congressi India that was pandering to these fools. Power supply to BD is already getting cut. Today's India won't hesitate to open up a few more dams if BD tries anything silly.

Observe how the term ‘Islamist’ is being employed, effectively categorizing every Muslim in Bangladesh under this label.

It seems now that every Bangladeshi Muslim is to be branded this way, except for the one currently hosted as a guest by Modi in India.

While we strive to ensure that only the actions of Hindutva and its supporters are critiqued for their perceived prejudices, it is clear that some within this group are intent on labeling all Muslims as ‘Islamists.’ This approach reveals a deep-seated animosity towards both Muslims and Islam.

Truly, a dismal way to view the world.

What do you mean by Indian occupied Bengal? And what's Bangladesh then? Pakistan occupied Bengal?
The extremists is Pak and Bangladesh are eyeing Indian territory because they have been incompetent in building their own country. That's not India's fault.

And they should stop eyeing Indian territory now. This isn't the earlier Congressi India that was pandering to these fools. Power supply to BD is already getting cut. Today's India won't hesitate to open up a few more dams if BD tries anything silly.
The situation in Bangladesh is 100% India's fault. They have propped up Hasina for years rather than let the people decide for themselves. You can't just wash your hands from the situation

The situation in Bangladesh is 100% India's fault. They have propped up Hasina for years rather than let the people decide for themselves. You can't just wash your hands from the situation

It seems that India wasn't quite minding its own business, contrary to what many on this forum have consistently claimed.

Observe how the term ‘Islamist’ is being employed, effectively categorizing every Muslim in Bangladesh under this label.

It seems now that every Bangladeshi Muslim is to be branded this way, except for the one currently hosted as a guest by Modi in India.

While we strive to ensure that only the actions of Hindutva and its supporters are critiqued for their perceived prejudices, it is clear that some within this group are intent on labeling all Muslims as ‘Islamists.’ This approach reveals a deep-seated animosity towards both Muslims and Islam.

Truly, a dismal way to view the world.
As expected, not a single word on what that poor lady went through because of those Islamists. Rather the victim card in full display.

As expected, not a single word on what that poor lady went through because of those Islamists. Rather the victim card in full display.

I wish that were not the case, as it could have led to an engaging debate with someone who seems to harbor Hindutva sympathies

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish that were not the case, as it could have led to an engaging debate with someone who seems to harbor Hindutva sympathies
Where in your post did you speak of that lady?

Where in your post did you speak of that lady?
Oh, did you need it to be explicitly stated? Would that have led you to criticize the comment on Twitter as bigoted? I doubt it, given that you inherently perceive every Muslim and Islam as beneath you, an attitude likely shaped by the environment in which you were raised.

If that’s all it would take to make you less of an Islam-hating extremist masquerading as a moderate, then I’m willing to do so.

Where I come from, we understand that any harm to women is wrong. We would have chosen a more appropriate video to criticize those who commit such crimes, rather than disrespecting an entire group of people simply because you were brought up in an environment of hate.

Enjoy :)

Yes, becos Bangladesh was a paradise with peaceful government since it’s inception.

The silver lining in all this is that if posts like yours are considered informed, than Ind has nothing to worry about from west and east Pakistan

Yes, becos Bangladesh was a paradise with peaceful government since it’s inception.

The silver lining in all this is that if posts like yours are considered informed, than Ind has nothing to worry about from west and east Pakistan
This type of condescension is part of the problem.

Either make the case that Bangladesh had a functioning democracy for most of its existence or accept the fact that Sheikh Hasina is par for the course.

If you really think India is in trouble becos Pak, Bangladesh and Sri lanka are hostile to it, make your case with relevant points.

Of course, you have to address the facts that

1) Pakistan has been hostile to India in its entire existence
2) Bangladesh has been hostile to India for most of its existence
3) SL has barely been civil to India in its entire existence

and for most of the time 4) India was far weaker economically/militarily

currently

a) Pak, Ban and SL are barely hanging on economically with no light at the end of the tunnel

b) SL and Ban are heavily reliant on india for day to day life, be it electricity or medicine

c) If the situation does arise, India can handle the combined military effort of Pak, Ban and SL.

Either make the case that bangladesh had a functioning democracy for most most of its existence or accept the fact that Sheikh Hasina is par for the course.

If you really think India is in trouble becos Pak, Bangladesh and Sri lanka are hostile to it, make your case with relevant points.

Of course, you have to address the facts that

1) Pakistan has been hostile to India in its entire existence
2) Bangladesh has been hostile to India for most of its existence
3) SL has barely been civil to India in its entire existence

and for most of the time 4) India was far weaker economically/militarily

currently

a) Pak, Ban and SL are barely hanging on economically with no light at the end of the tunnel

b) SL and Ban are heavily reliant on india for day to day life, be it electricity or medicine

c) If the situation does arise, India can handle the combined military effort of Pak, Ban and SL.
It's sad that rather than hope India learns to behave in an appropriate manner with its neighbours you encourage its shenanigans and would rather have war than accept India's failings in the region.

So no rebuttal for any of my points?
It's sad that rather than hope India learns to behave in an appropriate manner with its neighbours
Can you provide examples of this in the world?

If possible ones which have the history of the sub continent ?
you encourage its shenanigans and would rather have war than accept India's failings in the region.
Yes, India failed so much that SL ran to it with a begging bowl after game changing investments from China

So no rebuttal for any of my points?

Can you provide examples of this in the world?

If possible ones which have the history of the sub continent ?

Yes, India failed so much that SL ran to it with a begging bowl after game changing investments from China
There is no example of any nation harbouring the fugitive leader of it's neighbour. India is unique in this type of treachery.

Your points don't need rebuttal as they don't have anything to do with the topic. It's the same copy paste stuff. Next you will CTRL V about IPL TV rights.

There is no example of any nation harbouring the fugitive leader of it's neighbour. India is unique in this type of treachery.
Political leaders have gone into exile in various parts of the world.

So nothing trecherous about it.

and you are still dodging, provide examples of appropriate behavior between neighbors that you think are a good example

I'll leave the sub continent history aside for now
Your points don't need rebuttal as they don't have anything to do with the topic. It's the same copy paste stuff. Next you will CTRL V about IPL TV rights.

The topic that we are discusiing is that India is in trouble becos of hostility of Pak (east and west) and SL

I understand why you don't want to discuss. In your shoes, I wouldn't either

Of course, I'm not stupid enough to say that India is in trouble becos of hostility of Pak (west and east) and SL

Political leaders have gone into exile in various parts of the world.

So nothing trecherous about it.

and you are still dodging, provide examples of appropriate behavior between neighbors that you think are a good example

I'll leave the sub continent history aside for now

The topic that we are discusiing is that India is in trouble becos of hostility of Pak (east and west) and SL

I understand why you don't want to discuss. In your shoes, I wouldn't either

Of course, I'm not stupid enough to say that India is in trouble becos of hostility of Pak (west and east) and SL
You are arguing on semantics.

Let me rephrase it for you. India will be in trouble the future. I hope you understand my point now.

A government not openly harbouring a fugitive leader from a neighbour is an example of appropriate behaviour. You can find this in almost all of the worlds countries. I don't need to list them out for you. India is quite unique in this regard.

You are arguing on semantics.
No I'm not.
Let me rephrase it for you. India will be in trouble the future. I hope you understand my point now.
There is nothing to understand here

your statement is devoid of any meaning. trouble from whom? in what from?

when has India not had serious challenges?

A government not openly harbouring a fugitive leader from a neighbour is an example of appropriate behaviour. You can find this in almost all of the worlds countries. I don't need to list them out for you. India is quite unique in this regard.
you still are not able to come with examples which you are confident about.

Anyway, not sure why Indians seem so concerned about post-Hasina Bangladesh. It is for Bangladeshis to decide what kind of government they want to have.

Anyway, not sure why Indians seem so concerned about post-Hasina Bangladesh. It is for Bangladeshis to decide what kind of government they want to have.
I can't speak for India or Indians. For my part, I'm one bit concerned. Pull up a post whic says other wise

Bangladeshi islamists are welcome to carry on the in their murderous ways, including butchering the children of its founding father.

I can't speak for India or Indians. For my part, I'm one bit concerned. Pull up a post whic says other wise

Bangladeshi islamists are welcome to carry on the in their murderous ways, including butchering the children of its founding father.
Founding fathers aren't gods. If they commit a crime they should be punished for it. Anyway Indians cannot take the moral high ground when it comes to the lineage of founding fathers.

For example Rahul is related to one of your founding fathers yet it doesn't stop Indians talking about him in such abhorrent terms.

And when it comes to butchering we have seen what you guys did to the daughter of that same founding father.

And many of your right wing nationalists insult your other founding father.

No I'm not.

There is nothing to understand here

your statement is devoid of any meaning. trouble from whom? in what from?

when has India not had serious challenges?

you still are not able to come with examples which you are confident about.
I'm very confident no country has propped up a dictator in a neighbouring and then given them state sanctioned refuge. I don't know what you want beyond this example.

As for what will happen. India has three hostile countries comprising of over 2 billion people on its main border. Again, it is a unique situation in human history. I can't say what will happen, but I can assure you that it's not a good situation to be in.

So now have things that you can discuss. OK
Founding fathers aren't gods. If they commit a crime they should be punished for it.
I'm guessing murdering him in the middle of the night and his kids in kosher in your books?
Anyway Indians cannot take the moral high ground when it comes to the lineage of founding fathers.
Yes. they can.

Gandhi's murderer was tried and punished. no one went around murdering killing Gandhi's children and wife

Care discuss what happened to Mujib's and his children's murderers?
For example Rahul is related to one of your founding fathers yet it doesn't stop Indians talking about him in such abhorrent terms.
You will be judged for what you do and say, not for who your grandfather is.

And when it comes to butchering we have seen what you guys did to the daughter of that same founding father.
and guess who sponsored them,

and guess what their compliant was.
And many of your right wing nationalists insult your other founding father.
and?

I'm very confident no country has propped up a dictator in a neighbouring and then given them state sanctioned refuge. I don't know what you want beyond this example.
dictator? wasn't Hasina elected. you can question the electoral process.

you being a pakistani, i understand you confusion.
As for what will happen. India has three hostile countries comprising of over 2 billion people on its main border. Again, it is a unique situation in human history. I can't say what will happen, but I can assure you that it's not a good situation to be in.
Once again, you are being vague

I'd state that It has been the case for a long time. since like 1962.

I'll restate that India is in better position than it ever has been to deal with that hostility

I wouldn't mind if India become balkanized/partitioned further.

A weakened India is good for Maldives, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, and China.
it has been subcontinental islamists dream for a century now. Hasn't worked out.

Back