[PICTURES/VIDEOS] What now for Babar Azam?

The most beloved player has now become the most hated player. The power and captaincy lust has ruined our only world-class batting prospect. Its painful to watch highlights of Babar’s batting before 2021.

The most beloved player has now become the most hated player. The power and captaincy lust has ruined our only world-class batting prospect. Its painful to watch highlights of Babar’s batting before 2021.
Taking up captaincy while stabbing Shaheen in the back was his worst decision.

When we produce another batting talent like Zaheer, Miandad, Inzamam, Yousuf and Babar, we would know. In the age of social media, nothing is hidden and a batsmen like them would make waves and make his presence feel in domestic cricket.

The likes of Ghulam and Huraira are not at that level. They are the flavor of the month but once you bring them to the team, they will get exposed like Saim Ayub and Shafique who were also hyped to the moon.

Keen followers of Pakistan cricket knew about Babar since he was 13. In fact, his name was talked about even more ardently than that of Umar Akmal who was several years ahead of him. This is because Babar had something special that others did not, and Pakistan has not produced another batsman like him since.

So I would trust him to regain his form when he is only 29/30 rather than replace him with someone with less potential.
So Mamoon, what makes Babar Azam so different from the rest of the Talent we have in Pakistan right now? Did he start playing on Aus or Eng Pitches in his teens? Why has he not been able to correct his technical weaknesses after getting out so many times on spin, if hes that great of a batsman? Whats stopping him to regain his form? Im not saying to throw him completely from the team, he just needs some time off as by playing against Zimbabwe, Nepal, etc and scoring runs will not categorize as "gaining his form back". Maybe hes insecure that his place would be taken away or his record/ranking would go down which already has. There is no harm to sit out for one useless series (As if we will be making to the WTC finals if hes there).

Most runs scored as captain in the WTC

2835 - Joe Root (49.73 avg)
2160 - Dimuth Karunaratne (49.09 avg)
1801 - Kraigg Brathwaite (33.98 avg)
1725 - Babar Azam (53.90 avg)
1426 - Ben Stokes (36.56 avg)
1349 - Virat Kohli (38.54 avg)
1090 - Rohit Sharma (41.92 avg)
1056 - Kane Williamson (50.28 avg)

Most runs scored as captain in the WTC

2835 - Joe Root (49.73 avg)
2160 - Dimuth Karunaratne (49.09 avg)
1801 - Kraigg Brathwaite (33.98 avg)
1725 - Babar Azam (53.90 avg)
1426 - Ben Stokes (36.56 avg)
1349 - Virat Kohli (38.54 avg)
1090 - Rohit Sharma (41.92 avg)
1056 - Kane Williamson (50.28 avg)
Bhai where were those runs scored. Please take out home games which were all drawn and tell me how those stats are. Babars entire identity is made from skewed stats.

I would love to see his WTC away stats.

Bhai where were those runs scored. Please take out home games which were all drawn and tell me how those stats are. Babars entire identity is made from skewed stats.

I would love to see his WTC away stats.
This is third edition of WTC so it goes all the way back to 2020 or before.

In the matches Babar played as captain

Khawaja avges 165.33
Kane avges 138.50
Latham 93.66
Brook 93.60
Saud Shakeel 87.50
Conway 77.33
Duckett 71.40
Sarfraz 61.16
Imam 52.05
A Shafique 50.83
Agha salman 47.71

If you strictly talk about winning matches in WTC for Pakistan

Babar 44.53 579 runs
Shafique 78.71 551 runs
Rizwan 62.33 374
Fawad Alam 88.00 352 runs
Saud Shakeel 147.50 295 runs
Agha Salman 79.33 238 runs

Babar 44.53
579 runs
Shafique 78.71 551 runs
Rizwan 62.33 374

So 5 batsmen have outperformed Babar in avg when Pakistan won? Something looks wrong here.

So 5 batsmen have outperformed Babar in avg when Pakistan won? Something looks wrong here.
He has amazingly managed to make so many impactless runs on a consistent basis. His 196 is probably an exception. Still just in a drawing cause on a flat wicket. You wouldn't really celebrate that in subcontinent.

Babar is struggling and ATM there is no way out. I would urge him to ask the management to let him open. It may not work but he can't buy a run at 4.

He has amazingly managed to make so many impactless runs on a consistent basis. His 196 is probably an exception. Still just in a drawing cause on a flat wicket. You wouldn't really celebrate that in subcontinent.
Yah, that's the only MOM he has in test in 50-60 tests. But it's really amzing that 5-6 batsmen have better average than him in Pakistani wins.

Babar is struggling and ATM there is no way out. I would urge him to ask the management to let him open. It may not work but he can't buy a run at 4.
Do you know in the 1st test the ball was seaming miles before the pitch freshened up?

Saim + Saud did extremly well to hold things for a while. Babar, Shan and Abdullah in that time frame got out.

Babar is in poor form atm, Sending him at opening or no 7 or 6 or 5 or 3 ain't gonna change anything.

Their is no cure for bad form. The only cure is the batter himself having the mentality to put it aside and figure out a way to get out of the rut.

Kohli has done so many times in the past.

Do you know in the 1st test the ball was seaming miles before the pitch freshened up?

Saim + Saud did extremly well to hold things for a while. Babar, Shan and Abdullah in that time frame got out.

Babar is in poor form atm, Sending him at opening or no 7 or 6 or 5 or 3 ain't gonna change anything.

Their is no cure for bad form. The only cure is the batter himself having the mentality to put it aside and figure out a way to get out of the rut.

Kohli has done so many times in the past.
It may not work but Babar remains our best batter and if slides into oblivion, we lose our best batter, perhaps never to return to anything decent. He is used to opening and wouldn't be a fish out of water and although technically weak in recent times because of poor judgement around the 4th stump, he has the ability to sort it out.

It may not work but Babar remains our best batter and if slides into oblivion, we lose our best batter, perhaps never to return to anything decent. He is used to opening and wouldn't be a fish out of water and although technically weak in recent times because of poor judgement around the 4th stump, he has the ability to sort it out.
He's obviously used to opening bro, no one is denying that. He literally opens in one of the formats and as a no 3, theirs a 90% chance he usually comes in early in odi anyway lol.

Opening is not the issue that's what I'm saying. I saw how he was batting in this test series and it's safe to say his batting currently is even worse now then it has ever been.

90% of his shots were awkward and one handed, aamer sohail even pointed out that babar showcased poor grip strength and a severe lack of reactions and judgment.

Usually babar has issues qith the backfoot which is why soft stumpouts or lbw's happened against hasanranga and satner last year.

This is the first time his reactions were slower then molasses which is not your typical bobby who's known for having good hand eye coordination.

It's clear as day his fitness + fatigue + captaincy and media drama has mentally and physically impacted his reflexes and concentration

He's obviously used to opening bro, no one is denying that. He literally opens in one of the formats and as a no 3, theirs a 90% chance he usually comes in early in odi anyway lol.

Opening is not the issue that's what I'm saying. I saw how he was batting in this test series and it's safe to say his batting currently is even worse now then it has ever been.

90% of his shots were awkward and one handed, aamer sohail even pointed out that babar showcased poor grip strength and a severe lack of reactions and judgment.

Usually babar has issues qith the backfoot which is why soft stumpouts or lbw's happened against hasanranga and satner last year.

This is the first time his reactions were slower then molasses which is not your typical bobby who's known for having good hand eye coordination.

It's clear as day his fitness + fatigue + captaincy and media drama has mentally and physically impacted his reflexes and concentration
He looks lost at 4. You either hope he comes back to form or sooner or later he will be dropped. If we drop him, he may never come back to anything decent and all the investment is wasted. It may not work and the probability is against it, but if it works he gets to bat and control the tempo. We are at very low ebb and losing a talent like Babar will take a long time to replace with a lack of talent available

The fact that you still think that Masood belongs in the playing XI at whatever position shows that you have no idea what you are talking about but we know that already.
considering the retardness level of our captains in recent past, yes that includes Sarfaraz as well just look back on his games as captain post Champions trophy and a few good t20 matches after that

Since the days on Inzi we have had retarded captains, only Younis Khan was great for his short stint

Inzi
Shoaib Malik
Misbah
Azhar Ali
Bobsy

all were horrible captain and made Shan Masood look like Ian chappel, thats how low our standards are that we will need a player that still averages 20 something and has constantly underachieved that he still one of our best batsman and captain

considering the retardness level of our captains in recent past, yes that includes Sarfaraz as well just look back on his games as captain post Champions trophy and a few good t20 matches after that

Since the days on Inzi we have had retarded captains, only Younis Khan was great for his short stint

Inzi
Shoaib Malik
Misbah
Azhar Ali
Bobsy

all were horrible captain and made Shan Masood look like Ian chappel, thats how low our standards are that we will need a player that still averages 20 something and has constantly underachieved that he still one of our best batsman and captain
No offence but Shan is 100% worse then all the people you mentioned lol.

He had good onfield tactics in Australia but it got thrown out the window for Bangladesh.

This might seem funny but maybe its time for Babar Azam to get married. Who knows he will regain his form back.

This is what ChatGPT replied to my question of which batsmen started playing well post marriage :

Several cricketers have found a boost in their form and success after getting married. While marriage is often a personal milestone, some players have credited it for bringing stability and positivity to their careers. Here are a few notable examples:

1. **Virat Kohli** (India) - After marrying Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma in 2017, Virat Kohli's performances became even more consistent, and he continued to break records across formats.

2. **Sachin Tendulkar** (India) - Although Sachin Tendulkar was already an established player before his marriage to Anjali in 1995, many argue that he played some of his finest cricket in the years that followed, particularly his remarkable performances in the late '90s and early 2000s.

3. **David Warner** (Australia) - After marrying Candice Warner in 2015, David Warner's form improved significantly. He became one of the leading batsmen in world cricket, excelling in all formats.

4. **MS Dhoni** (India) - Dhoni married Sakshi Singh in 2010, and soon after, he led India to their second Cricket World Cup win in 2011. His captaincy and finishing skills became legendary during this period.

5. **Faf du Plessis** (South Africa) - After marrying Imari Visser in 2013, Faf du Plessis became a key player for South Africa, especially as a captain and in Test cricket.

Marriage can often bring a sense of balance and calm, which may reflect in a cricketer's on-field performance.

This might seem funny but maybe its time for Babar Azam to get married. Who knows he will regain his form back.

This is what ChatGPT replied to my question of which batsmen started playing well post marriage :

Several cricketers have found a boost in their form and success after getting married. While marriage is often a personal milestone, some players have credited it for bringing stability and positivity to their careers. Here are a few notable examples:

1. **Virat Kohli** (India) - After marrying Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma in 2017, Virat Kohli's performances became even more consistent, and he continued to break records across formats.

2. **Sachin Tendulkar** (India) - Although Sachin Tendulkar was already an established player before his marriage to Anjali in 1995, many argue that he played some of his finest cricket in the years that followed, particularly his remarkable performances in the late '90s and early 2000s.

3. **David Warner** (Australia) - After marrying Candice Warner in 2015, David Warner's form improved significantly. He became one of the leading batsmen in world cricket, excelling in all formats.

4. **MS Dhoni** (India) - Dhoni married Sakshi Singh in 2010, and soon after, he led India to their second Cricket World Cup win in 2011. His captaincy and finishing skills became legendary during this period.

5. **Faf du Plessis** (South Africa) - After marrying Imari Visser in 2013, Faf du Plessis became a key player for South Africa, especially as a captain and in Test cricket.

Marriage can often bring a sense of balance and calm, which may reflect in a cricketer's on-field performance.
But none of them named are Pakistan cricketers. Our examples are Shadab, Hasan Ali, Shaheen & Haris Rauf who since getting married, their form has got worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
But none of them named are Pakistan cricketers. Our examples are Shadab, Hasan Ali, Shaheen & Haris Rauf who since getting married, their form has got worse.
Probably bowlers start loosing pace and are also injury prone more than batsmen. Could be multiple factors as loosing focus and concentration

Inzi
Shoaib Malik
Misbah
Azhar Ali
Bobsy

Sorry to say that but I am sure 90% of people will not agree with this take on Shan Masood. He is neither out best batter nor he is the captain that people think he is. Speaking English is a criterion here I guess???

Basit Ali speaking on his YouTube channel:

"Babar Azam, talk to your parents and get married. When you're playing and not scoring runs, the environment becomes so tense that even your roommate starts to seem annoying."

"My humble request to Babar Azam's parents is to get him married, and you'll see a completely different Babar Azam. Like an elder brother, my advice to him is to get married-you’re getting older.”

"Babar Azam, talk to your parents and get married. When you're playing and not scoring runs, the environment becomes so tense that even your roommate starts to seem annoying."

"My humble request to Babar Azam's parents is to get him married, and you'll see a completely different Babar Azam. Like an elder brother, my advice to him is to get married-you’re getting older.”

Probably the stupidest claim I've ever seen.

🤣🤣. These people have lost it

‘Class is permanent, form temporary’: Bangladeshi cricket commentator says Babar Azam will bounce back​

Former Bangladeshi cricketer and current commentator Athar Ali Khan came to the defense of Pakistani batting sensation Babar Azam this week, saying he was going through a “bad patch” in his career but could bounce back with just one good innings as “class is permanent and form is temporary.”

Out-of-form Babar Azam this week dropped out of the top 10 of the International Cricket Council’s ranking for Test batsmen after nearly five years and is now number 12 in the ranking. In the four innings across two Tests against Bangladesh, he scored 64 runs, leading to widespread criticism.

“Every player in their career goes up and down,” Khan told Arab News in an interview, referring to Azam’s recent performance against Bangladesh. “I mean, there are lean patches, purple patches when you’re scoring runs right, left and center. But there is a phase where there is a lean patch.

“He’s a class act. It’s just one innings, which will give him enough confidence, but he’s too good a player to miss out for such a long time. [But] I always feel that class is permanent, form is temporary.”

Arab News

Disgraceful by PCB. The only competent captain amongst the 5 Champions squad is Rizwan.

As much as I have reservations about Babar’s captaincy in the past, he still should have been the captain of one of the teams ahead of Haris, Shaheen & Saud.

This is gold. :ROFLMAO:
Is that real? Lol, is Babr trolling, or does he really not know how to spell Zimbabwe?
This isn’t the first or the last time, he always repeats this mistake. Recently, he edited a post about Anderson's retirement.
He seems illiterate and uneducated. He should at least get some help from an English teacher.
Spelling mistakes or lack of communicating skill is not really a problem tbh..

Spoken like a true member of the sub-continental brigade

Sorry to say that but I am sure 90% of people will not agree with this take on Shan Masood. He is neither out best batter nor he is the captain that people think he is. Speaking English is a criterion here I guess???
move on from the 'speaking english' typical responses, his captaincy was pro active. Ian chappel and others all agreed on that. Our standards are low when you had Misbah losing by 500 runs and getting Yasir Shah tonked in back to back series. BEt you a Misbah fan

No offence but Shan is 100% worse then all the people you mentioned lol.

He had good onfield tactics in Australia but it got thrown out the window for Bangladesh.
no he isnt thats how low our standard is, all the others I mentioned just followed a playbook without any understanding of match situation. Considering how limited our fans knowledge is this is no surprise if the people I named you think were better captains than shan (that too after 5 tests)

Babar Azam aka Babar-e-Azam (Quaid of Cricket) is an interesting character.

He is talented enough of a player to play on the world stage but not good enough to be called ATG or compared to the tier 1 batsmen of the world. He’s in tier 2. And there’s 4 tiers. So all in all, pretty darn good. Can he make hundreds in difficult conditions here and there? Maybe. He can give you one of his best performances ever but needs the rest of the line up to fill in for his lack of fire and aggression. Can he take the game away single-handedly? Answer pretty much all of the time to that question is, no. That is the difference between him and the batsmen he is unfairly compared with.

I blame his deewani mastani fan girls for creating the delusions rather than just be grateful we have an above average batsmen (who should still be criticized for stupid or egotistical blunders that cost us games)

This is third edition of WTC so it goes all the way back to 2020 or before.

In the matches Babar played as captain

Khawaja avges 165.33
Kane avges 138.50
Latham 93.66
Brook 93.60
Saud Shakeel 87.50
Conway 77.33
Duckett 71.40
Sarfraz 61.16
Imam 52.05
A Shafique 50.83
Agha salman 47.71

Babar 44.53 579 runs
Shafique 78.71 551 runs
Rizwan 62.33 374
Thanks brother. Anyway you can tell me what Babars WTC away average is.

Babar Azam IMO should open the innings and should attack from the 1st over in tests. That will unstable the Opposition Pacers.

And this why you should not turn cricketers into mega celebrities until they've earned that status.

Stardom will come by virtue of playing, but superstardom can be harmful.

Yes it has worked for kohli, Dhoni and others before, but it's also caused the downfall of many cricketers and as a result we've painted them the picture of Overhyped.

Sigh money and fame truly are the roots of all evil

Babar will do fine in this one-day cup. I think he is not that bad in the one-day format. The real problem is in T20s and Tests. T20s, time for him to get dropped.
In tests, maybe the next upcoming series could be his last in case he fails.

Babar will do fine in this one-day cup. I think he is not that bad in the one-day format. The real problem is in T20s and Tests. T20s, time for him to get dropped.
In tests, maybe the next upcoming series could be his last in case he fails.
The problem is 2023 Indian pitches were curated to be roads. India in 2024 showcased where rohit and kohli truly stand.

If the likes of Abdullah shafiq can score 100's while Babar can't, them it's telltale signs how out of form he is. The last odi he played was against England in wc.

Now he has to play australia in their home den in November, how do you think that'll turn out?

Now he has to play australia in their home den in November, how do you think that'll turn out?
We have to see how this domestic one-day cup goes for Babar. I have seen his video of training sessions with stallions and he seems to be out of touch there as well.

Hoping for the best though. I still think Babar is good enough to make a mark in ODIs.

We have to see how this domestic one-day cup goes for Babar. I have seen his video of training sessions with stallions and he seems to be out of touch there as well.

Hoping for the best though. I still think Babar is good enough to make a mark in ODIs.
No he isn't, Babar is a fantastic odi player who gets way way way too much hate. Scoring 3 back to back centuries 2x regardless of opposition, Anchoring your way to a 100 on a tough pitch in a world cup against the best bowling team of the tournament etc etc are remarkable achievements.

He clearly has the technique, timing and eye hand coordination to succeed no doubt. But guess what, So did umar akmal and shehzad.

Their insane eye hand coordination, Technique and timing was praised 24/7, it's extremely rare for a 20 year debutant like shehzad to possess such strokes especially against spin, same qith ua vs pace.

But none of it matters if you let go of your fitness, and drop your form and confidence. And it's been 2 years with it turning 3 as 2025 is around the corner.

You can see why I'm getting frustrated

From the news coming in it seems Naqvi has left captaincy decision with coaches, and they dont want any changes. Hope PCB realizes that these coaches are not from Pakistan so there are no "real emotions" for them with our team. Babars form has already gone down the drain and so is the team in doldrums. Now what new low can we expect? Loosing Champions Trophy too ??

At what time do you let your best players be accountable?

Is 2 years enough?

Or do they get a free pass forever?
He scored 1200 runs in 2022 at 70 average. The best in the world that year
He has played 8 test matches since, over a 21 month period ( which whether you like it or not is important)
He deserves at least 2 more series given the standard of the other batters in the team. If the middle order could be Williamson Smith Kohli Root, then off course you can drop him now.

Your smarter than this doc.

It's officially Babar Azam's day in Faisalabad

Is Faisalabad the castle of him?

k9rvNfp.jpg

HQaVqjy.jpg

YM2juyp.jpg

Last edited:
Salman Butt via commentary of the Lions vs Stallions match in the Champions One Day Cup 2024:

"Babar Azam has set such incredibly high standards that even a few low scores feel like an extended dry spell. He's been a consistent run-machine for Pakistan, but like any world-class player, it's natural for him to face a rough patch now and then."

He has the physical attributes of a skinny fat prepubescent boy and he expects to do well in international cricket. No point in playing until he adds muscle and starts looking like an athlete.

Speaking during a recent media interaction, Younis Khan said:

"Babar Azam was made captain because he was the best performer. To become an even better player, he needs to stay away from controversies and focus on his game. There are bigger things than captaincy, and Babar must decide what's important for him."

"I scored 10,000 runs in my career, and I believe Babar Azam can score 15,000. He just needs to focus on his performance, like Virat Kohli did when he stepped down from captaincy to concentrate on his game."

Back