What now for Iftikhar Ahmed?

mominsaigol

Test Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
We already have a thread about Shadab Khan and why he keeps getting selected. And I agree with that thread, since Shadab Khan is medicore and deserves a boot.

However Shadab still has 2 domestic cup victories + his 2017 Yuvi wicket is etched in my head. Again not making excuses, but that's one way to look at things.

But what about Iftikhar Ahmed?

Im surprised no one has made a thread on questioning why he keeps making way into the squad, with him even recently getting the captaincy role for Markhors? Why? Based of what?

What notable innings does this guy gave when he's

A) Botched 2 super overs against Zimbabwe and USA

B) Botched every tournament pakistan has played in specifically 2022 Asia cup sri lanka game.

C) Has one of the worst records I've ever seen against any full member side not named C team NZ.

D) God awful Strike rate for someone who claims he's a finisher for pakistan followed by God awful average.

Last but not least I can't get behind his attitude? No one ever punishes him for his hypocritical nature?

He himself proudly claimed that he's a famous finisher for pakistan yet whined about how he's mistreated down the order. Then anytime he got sent up the order he whined again?

Even after being made captain, he still sent himself down? All this whining just to not step up when you had full control?

It seems after Rizwan, Shan and Babar, He has the most power in the team.

This guy doesn't offer pakistan anything that upcoming allround players like Mubashir Khan, Sajid Khan or already pre existing players like Salman Ali agha do?

The only argument was that he can finish in the lower order, but given his Strike rate and record, Fans now want him to bat higher which in said case, he doesn't offer anything in the middle order either?

So what's the excuse for chacha now? And what's even the point of playing a 34 year old(Who's clearly much older) and continuing with him?

Given his service to Pakistan cricket only he gets to chose what happens next.

He will respond at a time and a place of his choice.

Given his service to Pakistan cricket only he gets to chose what happens next.

He will respond at a time and a place of his choice.
What service? Taking a foolish picture next to a runner up trophy of a Domestic cup where he Botched in his only captaincy assignment?

Back