Which day in your memory would be the day Pakistan cricket finally passed away?

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The day Pakistan cricket finally passed away was the day they lost to Bangladesh in a Test match, the final nail in the coffin of a sport that has become a hollow shell of its former self.

It was a day of utter despair, a testament to the decline of talent, leadership, and passion. The once-proud nation lost its cricketing soul, a day that will forever be etched in the memory of those who witnessed the fall of a legend.

What day in your memory is the one according to you?

MdzNnTz.png

This is now overreaction . If Pakistan select proper team based on conditions then they will start winning again .

This is now overreaction . If Pakistan select proper team based on conditions then they will start winning again .
The is the right reaction. Only when the players understand the gravity of a nation's mourning will they think of winning back the public's affection. Without this realization, they risk becoming complacent, happy with press conferences where they say they will make the country proud like nadeem ashraf, or that we read the pitch correctly but the pitch did not behave like we expected, and carry on being casual.

Sometimes, death is necessary for new life to spring forth.

Pakistan have never really spiked up for any significant length of time since the crash out from the 2007 World Cup (along with Woolmer's death, etc.).

The day Pakistan cricket finally passed away was the day they lost to Bangladesh in a Test match, the final nail in the coffin of a sport that has become a hollow shell of its former self.

It was a day of utter despair, a testament to the decline of talent, leadership, and passion. The once-proud nation lost its cricketing soul, a day that will forever be etched in the memory of those who witnessed the fall of a legend.

MdzNnTz.png
The Ashes of Pakistan cricket

We should use that for our future series with Bangladesh

Winning and losing is part of the game.

But the day we are caught match fixing and spot fixing would be the day for me

Winning and losing is part of the game.

But the day we are caught match fixing and spot fixing would be the day for me

True - one could argue that we are immortal when it comes to cricket, if we can comeback from that sort of humiliation, the only way is up!

And it's a perfect day to reminisce about the past glory of the Pakistan cricket team, which is now lost.

The Day Shan Masood entered international arena... Actually it was second death... First one was when Imran farhat made debut...

Pakistan will now go to Dhaka to reclaim the Ashes. I think we should give it a subcontinental touch and call it ‘The Rakhein’

As a Bhartiya I feel like a jealous ex now, but let's face it, Pakistan and Bangladesh indeed have more fire and passion in the way they come together to perform on field. The unexpected ups and downs, the raw intensity in their play, the buildup, the tension that could explode anytime ... It's simply a joy Bharat-Pak Cricket can't provide at current times.

Happy Rakhein to my Pakistani brothers. :')

SEPTEMBER 3rd, 2024

Remember this date. Another day, another death for Pakistan cricket.

I don't know why they make an excuse regarding champions cup and players data , they already know the next bunch of players when selecting the Shaheen squad and that squad was selected purely on merit , they could have easily replace the 4/5 players from the current squad and replace them with newer players , the result would have still be the same because the Shaheen players are even worse but atleast it will make the current players to work harder in order to come back in to the team by actually taking their game seriously which they are not because of lack of accountability.

No team truly passes away, unless ICC bans them or something.

This is just a phase. All teams go through different phases.

When Australia lost the 2010-2011 home Ashes, one Aussie fan wrote Australia cricket died. But, Australia ended up winning 4 more ICC trophies.

Pakistan need to select the right players, right captains, and come back strong.

We'll still get the players tweeting and some fans saying we have the best bowling attack in the world and Rizbar are the best batsmen in the world.

For me it was as soon as Misbah came back as head coach and chief selector.

Pakistan only needed to fix their test woes. T20 was fine and odi had gotten a morale boost from beating England and NZ.

Misbah entered and while was the worst t20 and odi coach Pakistan ever had period and while he was good in test he still left long lasting damage.

Making Babar as all format captain was a stupid decison. Your best player is never your best captain. Saeed Anwar was pakistan's best opener and top 5 pak bats of all time but he'd have been a crapola captain. Bobby as captain did 4 year damage.

Rizwan replacing fakhar at opening was a brain dead backwards move because it completely ignores fakhar's form in the tri series prior and only looks at the whole avg picture. This opening combo cost as big.

Them chacha and stubbornly insisting their is no one better then shadab in his press conference for legspin in 2020 was a brain dead moronic move that coat Pakistan as chacha makes Misbah blush in terms of bottling.

He also created the chacha, Falhar super over combo which cost us againat Zimbabwe and cost us againat usa 4 years later.

He also started a nepo culture by brining back old gums who were past due date and inspiring a boot kicking culture where youngsters were less focused on performance and merit and more focused on learning the art of bootlicking for place warrants.

He injured Pakistan in 2020, but ramiz and naqvi killed it

Misbah removed Sarfraz on which date?
After sri lanka t20 series which he set sarfi to fail by brining in irfan, UA, Ahmed shehzad, causing Imam ul haq to open and kept sarfi quiet and shut him up on press conferences.

Exactly one year ago, after the rained out Asia cup game in Pallekele , Pak fans went up and over to the moon lauding their fast bowlers for reducing India to 60/4 and claimed that rain saved India from an "epic humiliation" at the hands of Babar and Rizwan. There were talks of Pakistan winning the Asia cup, possibly the World cup all the while destroying India along the way.

And then in the very next game, Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill launched a fierce counter attack against them and they never looked the same again.

MdzNnTz.png
Change the date to SEP 3 2024

I am still not seeing any initiative by PCB to promote youth cricket and paying the junior players well , unless we do that we won't get talented players as all the talent in Pak is trying to run away and settle abroad.

Pakistani Players are happy with what they are earning (including foreign T20 leagues). There is no fire to fight, they are just passing through motions.

Unfortunately today is the day which declares the passing away of Pakistan cricket.
And today I say bye to Pakistan cricket. It is finished now and I won't be following it.

Pakistan are going through a phase. Same phase Sri Lanka and West Indies are facing.

These 3 countries didn't recover after their legends retired. They failed to develop enough young players to replace the legends.

Unfortunately today is the day which declares the passing away of Pakistan cricket.
And today I say bye to Pakistan cricket. It is finished now and I won't be following it.
I said this 2000 times in my career of being a BD fan. I am sure you will also come back

For me it would be today. Form guide for Pakistan is LLLLL including back to back defeats against Bangladesh, which feels rare and unprecedented for Pakistan to have lost 5 Tests in a row.

It didn't die it was suffocating after the decline of top players. No openers was a norm for Pak, then they lost middle order. The hope relied on bowling, but that's become subpar. The sickness started with 3 top players lost due to bribes and scandals, this combined with action correction from then top players like Ajmal and Hafeez. With Afridi leaving, there was little entertainment left.
The real time Pak cricket died after CT trophy win. Things were taken for granted. Then covid started with little or no prep for two WC tournament Pak team was expected to perform at the first class level. I did not even watch single match in last WC. It was just like Pak team wasn't even there.
Things will go on and management will go their merry ways as long as their wallets are filled. Thats tge general state of Pakistan. The there is no more passion remaining in players or their fans.

I think this is 95 westindies moment for pak .WI lost the unofficial test champion tag to aus and thereafter it was only glimpses of miracles in limited formats for them. After this humiliation for pak, eng and sa tours will have another pounding to kill any thing left .

Not sure of Pakistan cricket in general, but Pakistani test cricket definitely died today. It was on life support for the last few years and eventually passed away today.

Been over for a long time. When Babar is your star, you have a huge issue. Then you have some lost fans in a corner, who cry for Sarfaraz to be in team. Just look at how unfit Sarfaraz is at the moment.

This is the lowest point ever in Pakistan cricket history and it’s so bad that i cannot even laugh at it because although we have a rivalry with Pakistan but i consider myself a genuine fan of the game who has over the years seen the negative impact of the fall of once major powers in cricket and if Pakistan doesn’t recover from it, it’s not a good thing for cricket as a sport.

It’s not just that they got 0-2 whitewashed by Bangladesh of all the teams whom many of us don’t even worthy of our attention, but the fact that Pakistan has been regularly under performing and losing to minnow nations like Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, USA, Ireland in the last few years across and now Bangladesh has just punched them in the face in test cricket and knocked a couple of teeth off them.

This is a dark day for Pakistan cricket and I feel sorry for their fans who although often show lack of intellect, game awareness and foresight but have never had any lack of passion for to game.

In respect of the above, i am going to practice few days of mourning for Pakistan cricket during which i will genuinely refrain from making fun of them as a show of respect as a cricket fan and a human.

Never mind Pak have done everything in the game apart from win test series in Aus & SA

Imran & Akram & Masooood get into most world xi at least Pak will be remembered they use to play international cricket.

I think the USA lose was the saddest day. A lot of fans lost hope in the team then. USA was a literal nobody. They didn't even qualified for the tournament.

I think the USA lose was the saddest day. A lot of fans lost hope in the team then. USA was a literal nobody. They didn't even qualified for the tournament.
Would kind of disagree, it was a one of T20 game and the nature of T20 is fickle, here Pakistan got whitewashed by Bangladesh in test cricket that too on their home soil!! This is diabolical

This is the lowest point ever in Pakistan cricket history and it’s so bad that i cannot even laugh at it because although we have a rivalry with Pakistan but i consider myself a genuine fan of the game who has over the years seen the negative impact of the fall of once major powers in cricket and if Pakistan doesn’t recover from it, it’s not a good thing for cricket as a sport.

It’s not just that they got 0-2 whitewashed by Bangladesh of all the teams whom many of us don’t even worthy of our attention, but the fact that Pakistan has been regularly under performing and losing to minnow nations like Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, USA, Ireland in the last few years across and now Bangladesh has just punched them in the face in test cricket and knocked a couple of teeth off them.

This is a dark day for Pakistan cricket and I feel sorry for their fans who although often show lack of intellect, game awareness and foresight but have never had any lack of passion for to game.

In respect of the above, i am going to practice few days of mourning for Pakistan cricket during which i will genuinely refrain from making fun of them as a show of respect as a cricket fan and a human.
I think Pakistan are more not worthy of our attention than Bangla. This team should be ignored and boycotted until something drastic is done to turn things around.

I think Pakistan are more not worthy of our attention than Bangla. This team should be ignored and boycotted until something drastic is done to turn things around.
We never gave our attention by choice. The Pakistan cricket team of the past took over attention by playing an exciting and entertaining brand of cricket. Everything Pakistan cricket got all the adulation were well-deserved.

Before today all other defeats can be counted as upsets or flukes, but this is 2-0 in pure form of game at home definitely confirms Pakistan cricket is left behind and regressed beyond repair for time being

Over reaction.

Team will have better days.

Right now Babar k pas "DATA BOHATTTTT HAY"... Once it's finished, Pakistan cricket will be finished. :ROFLMAO:

Fans need to let the storm pass. The feeling was the same when Bangladesh whitewashed Pakistan in the ODI and T-20 series in 2015.

In 2017 Pakistan went with some new faces, young talent in the CT and emerged victorious.

India is quick to discard players when they are out of form and past their prime whereas the PCB takes 2-3 years extra and finally make the tough call when they have no choice.

Test side has declined since 95
ODI side since 2002( peak was 2-1 in OZ)

Not sure about death.

Champions Cup can bring about revival. Seems a good idea.

Not sure about death.

Lost 2-0 at home to BD of all teams :facepalm: , if thats not death then DNR

Not sure about death.

we had a test side post 95 that was at least fortress at home, and also had beat likes of england and australia in england, beat india in india. our current test side is nowhere that level.

Fans need to let the storm pass. The feeling was the same when Bangladesh whitewashed Pakistan in the ODI and T-20 series in 2015.

In 2017 Pakistan went with some new faces, young talent in the CT and emerged victorious.

India is quick to discard players when they are out of form and past their prime whereas the PCB takes 2-3 years extra and finally make the tough call when they have no choice.
India does have many waiting to perform, are you saying there are better bowlers and batsmen than Babar Shaheen/Naseem waiting?

ODI upsets happen. T20 upsets also happen even more. white ball we have known we are behind others.

however, test white wash against Bangladesh, this is nothing to say will pass, etc.

also, people who are saying its due to selection, coach, captain, etc., etc. I really don't agree. we pretty much played our best 11 players available. only one could argue would have been Nasim over Mohammad Ali perhaps. batting wise you could say bring Hurraira and Kamran, but the others who played had in the past scored centuries, double centuries and were among the top available players also.

Hence, its mainly a team level skills gap that can be clearly seen now.

If we say luck, then maybe the only excuse in second test was lack of consistent availability of 3 seamers in both innings, but even then, we also had some dropped chances and conditions were pretty much even for both sides.

I think it was just that our team is at its lowest point test wise and Bangladesh is at its highest point , hence they collided at the worst time possible for our team and hence the result. any other year we should have been able to minimally draw series if not win it.

we had a test side post 95 that was at least fortress at home, and also had beat likes of england and australia in england, beat india in india. our current test side is nowhere that level.
But PAK from 1980 - 1995 was real peak of Test side. Hasn't scaled such heights since. The side lost a lot at home after that.

Fans are the ones who can attest to it. Some fans get the sense way before others. Some continue living in denial until the team hits a wall.

If quality new players don't emerge soon, this team has lost the ability to win.

Do you know out of everything what hurts more? Watching Afghanistan reach the semis in the last T20 WC and getting beaten by them in the ODI world cup.

A bilateral test series loss doesn't bother me as much but the last 24 months have been an absolute disaster.

Back