Which in your opinion is the best professional wrestling story line and gimmick?

Which wrestling storyline was the most impactful in your sight?

• The Rock and Austin Rivalry in late1990s and Early 2000s

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • The Undertaker's undefeated Wrestlemania Streak up till 21-0

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • The NWO movement

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • The Evolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Bloodline and Roman Reigns Tribal Chief gimmick

• The Shield

• Goldberg's 171 matches undefeated run in WCW.

• Brock Lesnar's The beast incarnate gimmick

• Montreal Screw job on Bret Hart by Vince Mcmahon

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Others

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
This is no secret now that WWE and other such organizations are not only fake but scripted and follow a particular story line. Over the years, many enthralling and interesting story lines have emerged in the world of professional wrestling. These story lines have generated great TRPs and viewership. So share your favorite story line below among the followings.

1. The Rock and Austin Rivalry in late1990s and Early 2000s
2. The Undertaker's undefeated Wrestlemania Streak up till 21-0
3. The NWO movement
4. The Evolution
5. The Bloodline and Roman Reigns Tribal Chief gimmick
6. The Shield
7. Goldberg's 171 matches undefeated run in WCW.
8. Brock Lesnar's The beast incarnate gimmick
9.Other

Well, in childhood, I used to watch WWE and was passionate about it. However, later, since I got to know it's all scripted, I stopped watching it. But Undertaker and CM Punk are great entertainers in WWE history.

Well, in childhood, I used to watch WWE and was passionate about it. However, later, since I got to know it's all scripted, I stopped watching it. But Undertaker and CM Punk are great entertainers in WWE history.
Yep they were too great performers along lesnar. Punk is back now but his story line does not seem interesting so far.

And jinder mahal one is the most boring.

NWO for me , I didn’t even know WCW existed always wondered as a kid where did Hitman hogan rickflair diesel , Sting go off to.

And suddenly one night TNT nitro

NWO for me , I didn’t even know WCW existed always wondered as a kid where did Hitman hogan rickflair diesel , Sting go off to.

And suddenly one night TNT nitro
Yeah WCW were way better than wwe then. NWO and goldberg streak were treats to watch.

Yeah WCW were way better than wwe then. NWO and goldberg streak were treats to watch.
Absolutely at least for me I found the wrestling better than Wwf back then probably coz of bias.

Also felt like wwf became little sexual in those days..

Absolutely at least for me I found the wrestling better than Wwf back then probably coz of bias.
I did not followed wwe much every but only loved to watch the performances of Lesnar. He is a good entertainer and proper wrestler.

I used to watch wrestling regularly from about 2000 till about 2009. After that, I barely watched it. I now don't watch at all.

Here are some of my favorite moments from 2000 till 2012:

1) Various tag team TLC (Table, Ladder, Chair) matches between Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boyz, and The Dudley Boyz.

2) HBK vs HHH feud. It was one of my most favorite feuds of all time.

3) The Rock vs Triple H feud.

4) Invasion storyline.

5) Brock Lesnar beating The Rock and becoming the WWE champion.

6) Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak (it was eventually broken by Brock Lesnar).

7) Evolution stable.

8) Austin and Vince feuds. It was entertaining.

9) Eddie Guerrero winning the WWE title.

10) CM Punk's promos.

I used to watch wrestling regularly from about 2000 till about 2009. After that, I barely watched it. I now don't watch at all.

Here are some of my favorite moments from 2000 till 2012:

1) Various tag team TLC (Table, Ladder, Chair) matches between Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boyz, and The Dudley Boyz.

2) HBK vs HHH feud. It was one of my most favorite feuds of all time.

3) The Rock vs Triple H feud.

4) Invasion storyline.

5) Brock Lesnar beating The Rock and becoming the WWE champion.

6) Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak (it was eventually broken by Brock Lesnar).

7) Evolution stable.

8) Austin and Vince feuds. It was entertaining.

9) Eddie Guerrero winning the WWE title.

10) CM Punk's promos.
It appears you had been a true wrestling fan. Your all enlistings are interesting and awesome.

It appears you had been a true wrestling fan. Your all enlistings are interesting and awesome.

I don't think I missed a single SmackDown or RAW show from 2002 till about 2009. I used to watch regularly.

But, after WWE decided to go all PG, I started to lose interest. I haven't watched much after 2009. But, I keep up with news sometimes.

I don't think I missed a single SmackDown or RAW show from 2002 till about 2009. I used to watch regularly.

But, after WWE decided to go all PG, I started to lose interest. I haven't watched much after 2009. But, I keep up with news sometimes.
Also loved the original Kane of 1997.That character was a big deal but wwe just ruined it. Kane was a strong heel,scary too and favorite of 1990s kids.

Lmao as we were speaking the tv was on my in my gym and I saw Wwe and a new gimmick- LWO

made me chuckle it was Latin world Order lol so cringe.

Lmao as we were speaking the tv was on my in my gym and I saw Wwe and a new gimmick- LWO

made me chuckle it was Latin world Order lol so cringe.
They keep trying to recreate a lot of the old gems but it’s useless. It will only end up as a cheap copy.

Better to invent something new.

LA Knight is a cheap copy of Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Disagree. La Knight is cool. He is his own thing even though he sounds like the Rock and talks like Austin. That’s just coincidence.

LWO is a deliberate and cheap copy of NWO.

I don't know if many of you have followed Steve Austins's storyline against Vince McMahon. It was a lot of fun and Austin always came up with his funny side having a soda can in his hands and then delivering the stunner to almost everybody who stands in front of him.

The Bloodline and Roman Reigns Tribal Chief gimmick will end soon with rock taking the spotlight and then roman will leave WWE IMO. this story has to end now, it is boring.

I don't know if many of you have followed Steve Austins's storyline against Vince McMahon. It was a lot of fun and Austin always came up with his funny side having a soda can in his hands and then delivering the stunner to almost everybody who stands in front of him.

The Bloodline and Roman Reigns Tribal Chief gimmick will end soon with rock taking the spotlight and then roman will leave WWE IMO. this story has to end now, it is boring.
Hahah.. Steve Austin's antics against McMahon family were so interesting. The Stone Cold and Rock were carrying the company back then against the WCW's NWO movement and Goldberg stint.

Storylines

Last 15 years:

1. Jericho/HBK 2008 - Jericho questioning the motivations and morality of Shawn Michaels was cinematic in the aftermath of Shawn ending Ric Flair’s career at WM 24. Jericho had returned for his second run and his heel turn was an excellent slow burn which propelled him back in the limelight, Shawn was a master of storytelling and ring psychology; this just reinforced those qualities. Every match and segment they had deserves 5*, they had such great chemistry.

2. Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker Saga - The Light vs The Dark, this dream feud had been simmering since their one on one during the finale of the 2007 Royal Rumble and it was 2 years later they exceeded every conceivable expectation.

3. The YES Movement - Partly written by the fans, it is hard to blur the lines between fiction and reality but they achieved it with this story line. The repeated burials of Bryan made him even more over in the eyes of the fans and the booker decided to play that up, enroute to a fun journey to WM30.

4. The Bloodline Saga - Lost a bit of steam now but it has been the best part of WWE programming in recent times and helped elevate a few performers from the upper mid card whilst reinforcing Reigns as the top guy in the company.

2000-2008

1. Chris Benoit & Eddie Gurrero’s emotionally draining journeys combining in one narrative on the way to WM 20

2. The conclusion of Rock/Austin rivalry on the way to WM 19, we didn’t know this was the end for sure but Hollywood Rock wasn’t going to be there long, the feud was sort of eerie looking back, something was in the air but we couldn’t quiet grasp it, but it felt like a silent celebration of what these two achieved for the business

3. Matt Hardy vs Edge with Lita :)

4. The Undertaker vs Edge

Late 90’s

Shawn Michaels vs Bret

The NWO vs Sting

Austin vs McMahon

Golden Era

Hogan vs Piper - Took both and wrestling to the next level

Hogan vs Andre

Territory Era

Ric Flair vs Steamboat

Ric Flair vs Terry Funk

Best Gimmick

The Undertaker and only Mark Callaway could have played him

The LWO was actually formed in the late 90’s in WCW by Eddie Gurrero, and had Hector Garza, Psychosis, La Parka and Rey Mysterior Jnr I thought it was pretty cool in the wacky world of WCW at the time. Rey Mysterio bought it back now and I don’t think it has been cringe or anything, it wont have the same edge as the 90’s but it’s given someone like Santos Escobar a platform to thrive and he’s one fine fine talent, if anything the group has enabled his heel turn allowing his true talents to shine

Storylines

Last 15 years:

1. Jericho/HBK 2008 - Jericho questioning the motivations and morality of Shawn Michaels was cinematic in the aftermath of Shawn ending Ric Flair’s career at WM 24. Jericho had returned for his second run and his heel turn was an excellent slow burn which propelled him back in the limelight, Shawn was a master of storytelling and ring psychology; this just reinforced those qualities. Every match and segment they had deserves 5*, they had such great chemistry.

2. Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker Saga - The Light vs The Dark, this dream feud had been simmering since their one on one during the finale of the 2007 Royal Rumble and it was 2 years later they exceeded every conceivable expectation.

3. The YES Movement - Partly written by the fans, it is hard to blur the lines between fiction and reality but they achieved it with this story line. The repeated burials of Bryan made him even more over in the eyes of the fans and the booker decided to play that up, enroute to a fun journey to WM30.

4. The Bloodline Saga - Lost a bit of steam now but it has been the best part of WWE programming in recent times and helped elevate a few performers from the upper mid card whilst reinforcing Reigns as the top guy in the company.

2000-2008

1. Chris Benoit & Eddie Gurrero’s emotionally draining journeys combining in one narrative on the way to WM 20

2. The conclusion of Rock/Austin rivalry on the way to WM 19, we didn’t know this was the end for sure but Hollywood Rock wasn’t going to be there long, the feud was sort of eerie looking back, something was in the air but we couldn’t quiet grasp it, but it felt like a silent celebration of what these two achieved for the business

3. Matt Hardy vs Edge with Lita :)

4. The Undertaker vs Edge

Late 90’s

Shawn Michaels vs Bret

The NWO vs Sting

Austin vs McMahon

Golden Era

Hogan vs Piper - Took both and wrestling to the next level

Hogan vs Andre

Territory Era

Ric Flair vs Steamboat

Ric Flair vs Terry Funk

Best Gimmick

The Undertaker and only Mark Callaway could have played him
I didn't like the yes movement bcz of my bias against Daniel Bryan. The Bloodline story until last year with Sami in was superb. I believe currently Sami and KO are top dogs who need to be afforded a title run as it would generate great interest in WWE again.

They keep trying to recreate a lot of the old gems but it’s useless. It will only end up as a cheap copy.

So any story line or wwe star besides LA Knight that you thing can go big and has an interesting gimmick?

Absolutely agree. Recreating old classics often leads to cheap imitations in WWE.

How has the 'Montreal Screwjob' not been mentioned here where Bret Hitman got duped by the evil Vince ? That is the greatest WWE storyline imo.

Yeah it sucked bad but they can’t compete with UFC..

The LWO was actually formed in the late 90’s in WCW by Eddie Gurrero, and had Hector Garza, Psychosis, La Parka and Rey Mysterior Jnr I thought it was pretty cool in the wacky world of WCW at the time. Rey Mysterio bought it back now and I don’t think it has been cringe or anything, it wont have the same edge as the 90’s but it’s given someone like Santos Escobar a platform to thrive and he’s one fine fine talent, if anything the group has enabled his heel turn allowing his true talents to shine
Yeah but issue imagine if D Gen X comes alive with new set of members it would be annoying, LWO with them overacting looked really weird to me and i did give it a honest try because i loved NWO.

How has the 'Montreal Screwjob' not been mentioned here where Bret Hitman got duped by the evil Vince ? That is the greatest WWE storyline imo.
lol hated it , Bret Hart had promised him to be respectful to the championship and not throw it in the bin but still.

Irrespective Vince was right about WCW wouldn’t know what to do with harts and that was true, Harts were loved in WWF.

lol hated it , Bret Hart had promised him to be respectful to the championship and not throw it in the bin but still.

Irrespective Vince was right about WCW wouldn’t know what to do with harts and that was true, Harts were loved in WWF.
Added in polls too. Thanks for reminding and bringing it in discussion. They made it look like a real time Screwjob.

I was heartbroken as a young kid that Bret was leaving WWE in 1997, stopped watching wrestling for good after that match.

I was heartbroken as a young kid that Bret was leaving WWE in 1997, stopped watching wrestling for good after that match.
Yes hart was my fav as a kid too, he would come and put his shades on kids was amazing.
I could never like any wrestler as much as him but i did realise he was kind of miserable in later years , always complained.

I personally preferred Austin vs Hart more than Hart vs Shawn

Btw there was another great (and hilarious) plotline in 1997 .. USA vs Canada feud. Canada was represented by the Hart foundation, led by evil Bret. Ahh great memories ..

Val Venis Kaientie "short" storyline was in in the category of so bad its good category. Unforgettable for sure.

Yes hart was my fav as a kid too, he would come and put his shades on kids was amazing.
I could never like any wrestler as much as him but i did realise he was kind of miserable in later years , always complained.

I personally preferred Austin vs Hart more than Hart vs Shawn
For me the death of bret hart's younger brother live on camera was quite disturbing.

Some of my favorite WWE gimmicks over the years:

1) Undertaker's biker gimmick (I found it better than Undertaker's Deadman gimmick).

2) Cody Rhodes's "Undashing Cody" gimmick.

3) Goldberg's gimmick.

4) Kurt Angle's "Gold Medalist" gimmick (not a gimmick technically because he won a gold medal for real).

5) The Rock's regular "People's Champ" gimmick.

6) Stone Cold's gimmick.

7) Randy Orton's "Legend Killer" gimmick (the one before current viper gimmick).

8) Triple H's "The Game" gimmick.

9) Kane's gimmick before he unmasked himself.

Undertaker return match vs Kane the casket match at Wrestlemania had the best storyline and buildup, the Undertaker got 13-0 then and the streak came in limelight.

Some of my favorite WWE gimmicks over the years:

1) Undertaker's biker gimmick (I found it better than Undertaker's Deadman gimmick).

2) Cody Rhodes's "Undashing Cody" gimmick.

3) Goldberg's gimmick.

4) Kurt Angle's "Gold Medalist" gimmick (not a gimmick technically because he won a gold medal for real).

5) The Rock's regular "People's Champ" gimmick.

6) Stone Cold's gimmick.

7) Randy Orton's "Legend Killer" gimmick (the one before current viper gimmick).

8) Triple H's "The Game" gimmick.

9) Kane's gimmick before he unmasked himself.
except the 2nd one,all of your suggestions are interesting and cool.

Rock Austin rivalry can never be paralleled.

Bloodline storyline - extremely well done especially once Sami got into it.

Didn't like Evolution much but things became extremely good once Batista's push started and was done extremely well.

Edge's slow descent to a heel whilst improving as one of the best at that time over years.

Ciampa-Gargano storyline from NXT

Drew's ascent to the top was box office level but sadly the pandemic curtailed the final few weeks of it capping it off with the lacklustre empty arena Mania.

Drew-Randy feud from 2020

Jeff Hardy's slow success as a singles star (2001) with him finally winning the top belt in 2008.

Angle-Lesnar storyline from being allies to rivals in 2002-03

Jericho-KO (childish but lighthearted fun)

Gimmicks
Undertaker (and the whole Ministry of Darkness - that legit scared me as a child)
Chris Jericho's Y2J and The List
The People's Champ
Randy Orton's entire career arc (has played a similar character better than Trips did)
Jeff Hardy - not actually a gimmick but that's just him
Finn Balor (in NXT - The Demon and the Prince)

Rock Austin rivalry can never be paralleled.

Bloodline storyline - extremely well done especially once Sami got into it.

Didn't like Evolution much but things became extremely good once Batista's push started and was done extremely well.

Edge's slow descent to a heel whilst improving as one of the best at that time over years.

Ciampa-Gargano storyline from NXT

Drew's ascent to the top was box office level but sadly the pandemic curtailed the final few weeks of it capping it off with the lacklustre empty arena Mania.

Drew-Randy feud from 2020

Jeff Hardy's slow success as a singles star (2001) with him finally winning the top belt in 2008.

Angle-Lesnar storyline from being allies to rivals in 2002-03

Jericho-KO (childish but lighthearted fun)

Gimmicks
Undertaker (and the whole Ministry of Darkness - that legit scared me as a child)
Chris Jericho's Y2J and The List
The People's Champ
Randy Orton's entire career arc (has played a similar character better than Trips did)
Jeff Hardy - not actually a gimmick but that's just him
Finn Balor (in NXT - The Demon and the Prince)
For me the lesnar matches after he returned against Cena, HHH, CM Punk were good and helped in establishing himself as beast.

For me the lesnar matches after he returned against Cena, HHH, CM Punk were good and helped in establishing himself as beast.
Lesnar didn't really find his groove upon returning till he got Heyman back and conquered the streak. Till then he was being presented as just another (big man) heel who would cheat or need interference to win. It was after him beating Taker that he really became the beast. A heel who wouldn't need to cheat to win.

To win things clean really helped in building his reputation as the top guy then.
Lesnar didn't really find his groove upon returning till he got Heyman back and conquered the streak. Till then he was being presented as just another (big man) heel who would cheat or need interference to win. It was after him beating Taker that he really became the beast. A heel who wouldn't need to cheat to win.

Yeah but issue imagine if D Gen X comes alive with new set of members it would be annoying, LWO with them overacting looked really weird to me and i did give it a honest try because i loved NWO.

I know what you mean but Rey was a founding member of the LWO so it could work imo we’re no where near NWO territory and it’s many incarnations which diluted its impact eventually

Also speaking of DX, that’s exactly what happened. With Shawn gone, they bought in new people to help HHH get over, ironically the new age outlaws ended up being more over lol

Goldust was entertaining in the 90's and 2000's.

WWE didn't use him correctly. He could've been a top heel.

I think he was a big deal when they first bought him in, and there was so much mystique about his gender and motivations. There’s nothing quiet like fear of the unknown. He was presented very well and initially anyway, took the gimmick very seriously.

Goldust had success throughout the 2000’s but with the AE era, you could argue it diluted his character.

Anyway, under rated talent. His match with Cody is one of my favourites during the last 5-7 years

I think he was a big deal when they first bought him in, and there was so much mystique about his gender and motivations. There’s nothing quiet like fear of the unknown. He was presented very well and initially anyway, took the gimmick very seriously.

Goldust had success throughout the 2000’s but with the AE era, you could argue it diluted his character.

Anyway, under rated talent. His match with Cody is one of my favourites during the last 5-7 years

WWE gave him a bit of a push but I thought they could've pushed him further in the 90's.

I remember he had feuds with likes of Razor Ramon, Ultimate Warrior etc. He won the IC title against Ramon.

WWE could've done more with the character.

WWE gave him a bit of a push but I thought they could've pushed him further in the 90's.

I remember he had feuds with likes of Razor Ramon, Ultimate Warrior etc. He won the IC title against Ramon.

WWE could've done more with the character.

The reason why I am happy with that initial run is because the upper mid card was so strong that many of the talents could have been pushed for a world championship, the IC title wasn’t presented like a mid card belt either, it was a stepping stone to much greater things, holding that belt meant that you ought to be taken very seriously and could legitimately win the world championship. Competition because increasingly stiff deep into 97-98. I would argue they fumbled the opportunity which the RA era presented a versatile performer in Dustin Rhodes, yeah sure he got over, he was a Rhodes, but the main event potential was overlooked then and you couldn’t blame the horrid AE era style booking

The reason why I am happy with that initial run is because the upper mid card was so strong that many of the talents could have been pushed for a world championship, the IC title wasn’t presented like a mid card belt either, it was a stepping stone to much greater things, holding that belt meant that you ought to be taken very seriously and could legitimately win the world championship. Competition because increasingly stiff deep into 97-98. I would argue they fumbled the opportunity which the RA era presented a versatile performer in Dustin Rhodes, yeah sure he got over, he was a Rhodes, but the main event potential was overlooked then and you couldn’t blame the horrid AE era style booking
Well no body is talking about the parallel WCW era. That through rating measures was even more popular than WWF then. NWO budded from there. Sting also improved there and Goldberg and Jericho were products of WCW brand.

Most underrated would be from the golden years of SmackDown.

Not exactly one storyline but Chris Benoit's slow build up to the World Title in 2004 was quite something.

Benoit is constantly portrayed as being the greatest technical wrestler but never truly "The Man" - constantly emphasised on SmackDown programming

Has classic tag matches as part of the SmackDown Six, has a 5 star mat wrestling clinic with Angle, feuds with Eddie which are emotionally charged, battles Rhyno.

In 2003, he starts going on championship runs which sees him perform feats like German suplexing a legit. 500 lb Big Show . The Rabid Wolverine persona evolves into him being an opponent that nobody liked to face because of his intensity and technical skills

Lesnar fears Benoit and uses Paul E. to screw Benoit over multiple times but Benoit gets a clean submission on him in Survivor Series.

Continues to get screwed over and becomes #1 entrant and becomes the 2nd man to last the Rumble and eliminates the biggest man single-handedly at the end.

Moves to Raw to avoid Heyman and gets screwed by HBK and is forced to challenge in a Triple Threat, only to finish in top in the greatest WrestleMania ending in history. Even right before the match , Eddie comes into the locker room and suggests that Benoit may not be good enough to beat both Hunter and HBK

Probably the most realistic story telling leading into a WrestleMania.

A little too real with the regards to that man, as we all found out 3 years later.

Not exactly one storyline but Chris Benoit's slow build up to the World Title in 2004 was quite something.

Benoit is constantly portrayed as being the greatest technical wrestler but never truly "The Man" - constantly emphasised on SmackDown programming

Has classic tag matches as part of the SmackDown Six, has a 5 star mat wrestling clinic with Angle, feuds with Eddie which are emotionally charged, battles Rhyno.

In 2003, he starts going on championship runs which sees him perform feats like German suplexing a legit. 500 lb Big Show . The Rabid Wolverine persona evolves into him being an opponent that nobody liked to face because of his intensity and technical skills

Lesnar fears Benoit and uses Paul E. to screw Benoit over multiple times but Benoit gets a clean submission on him in Survivor Series.

Continues to get screwed over and becomes #1 entrant and becomes the 2nd man to last the Rumble and eliminates the biggest man single-handedly at the end.

Moves to Raw to avoid Heyman and gets screwed by HBK and is forced to challenge in a Triple Threat, only to finish in top in the greatest WrestleMania ending in history. Even right before the match , Eddie comes into the locker room and suggests that Benoit may not be good enough to beat both Hunter and HBK

A little too real with the regards to that man, as we all found out 3 years later.
Chris Benoit and Eddie rose to the top at the same time. But the poor thing was to let Benoit lose to a youngster like Randy. It looked bad then but in hindsight looks fine bearing Randy's greatness.

Well no body is talking about the parallel WCW era. That through rating measures was even more popular than WWF then. NWO budded from there. Sting also improved there and Goldberg and Jericho were products of WCW brand.

What do you mean nobody is talking about WCW, what are you on about and in which context, be more clear.

Best gimmick - Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Best storyline - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs McMahon Family.

Apart from me and you, I think the rest have overlooked the Austin/Vince rivalry which ultimately saved the WWF

What do you mean nobody is talking about WCW, what are you on about and in which context, be more clear.
I am taking about
Bro I am referring to Goldberg and Jericho stints in WCW. Their rivalry also started in WCW.

I think in recent times Baron Corbin initially emerged as a strong contender for title but then suddenly WWE decided to screw him and turn him into a clown from lone wolf persona. Pity!

Jericho almost choked Goldberg out backstage
This is true. Happened in 2003 .

Jericho is , pound for pound, a legit. tough guy.

That pretty boy, rockstar persona belies a ridiculously strong and durable athlete who barely lost a step in the ring for years and years.

Someone, not sure who, was talking about how Jericho as a youngster in one of the territories was taking a legit . beating in terms of chairshots and not complaining one bit. (Might have been ECW even)

Is this gimmick interesting one for any of you?
====

Earlier Paul got some beating. And now this

Paul faces off against Owens at Royal Rumble on Saturday night, where he is looking to go 5-4 in the promotion.

And ahead of his next dust-up inside the squared circle, he provided an update on his future to his 27 million Instagram followers.

Back at the WWE Performance Center in Florida, Paul announced he had signed new contract, and hinted at now becoming a full-time wrestler instead of a semi-pro one competing every few months at pay-per-view events.

He told his fans: "Royal Rumble this Saturday, one thing you didn't know, I've been at the PC for a couple of months. The WWE renewed my contract, breaking news.

Source: talkSPORT

This was unforseen and perfect. The Rock is back not Dwayne. What an amazing kick off. For once, Roman looked like the small puppy there. Intertwined stories, unhinged promos, attitude era had a lot of that. And I am loving it. CM Punk and Big E on the panel. Boy what timeline is it.

This was unforseen and perfect. The Rock is back not Dwayne. What an amazing kick off. For once, Roman looked like the small puppy there. Intertwined stories, unhinged promos, attitude era had a lot of that. And I am loving it. CM Punk and Big E on the panel. Boy what timeline is it.
It was epic. @shaz619 you were right. The build up over the last few days was a worked shoot.

I hope we see more of Dwayne because he will be box office with this turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
A worked shoot wont always get the same outrage as something more organic like the YES movement which is difficult to create. But I think the people love The Rock so much that he will get heat in equal measure which in turn will result in the best pay off possible at WM 40 for Cody potentially.

At the Chamber I expect Rock/Reigns vs Cody/Seth

Any storyline with HHH as the heel is going to be brilliant. His storylines with Evolution were brilliant too.

The invasion story angle might be the best ever/peak WWE storyline. Although I think it was slightly marred because the best 5 of the WWE didn’t feature against best 5 of the alliance/WCW+ECW at the time.

Sting
Bret Hart
Goldberg
Kevin Nash
Hollywood Hogan

These were the big 5 stars of the WCW at the time. Vince couldn’t secure these guys to feature in the storyline

The ones I still remember vividly:

Hogan vs Warrior
Hogan vs Macho Man
Brett Hart vs Shawn Michaels
Hart foundation vs Austin
Bulldog and Lex as allied forces was great, bulldog was my favourite wrestler as a kid before Brett hart become.

Undertaker ministry of darkness, corporation, rock/austin were embroiled in a storyline which had lot of twists and turns, fun stuff as a teenager.

DX vs Nation is probably my favourite faction feuds ever.

NWO storyline was great but over stretched and ending was ruined by politics.

Goldberg gimmick was amazing but again backstage politics ruined the big stage reward.

Austin vs McMahon is the greatest storyline ever.

Brock lesnar next big thing gimmick was amazing.

Randy ortan legend killer was great.

Heel Hollywood rock is probably the funniest heel gimmicks ever.

Return of Brock from UFC gimmick was good but by that time I had long stopped following wrestling regularly.

These are the ones that immediately come to mind.

The big catalyst; The Rock’s turn lol boy we’re in for a ride this time!
We need the intense and serious Rock not the smiling one who just does his catchphrases.
It was perfect. I loved how CM Punk said on commentary that it's wrestling, they need to start punching each other. :ROFLMAO:
Brian Gerwitz is back as well. With Dwayne on the board, he knows he can't take this one lightly.

A worked shoot wont always get the same outrage as something more organic like the YES movement which is difficult to create. But I think the people love The Rock so much that he will get heat in equal measure which in turn will result in the best pay off possible at WM 40 for Cody potentially.

At the Chamber I expect Rock/Reigns vs Cody/Seth
Yes this will potentially be even better than what Trips had in his mind for the Mania program in terms of build up.

That was definitely a worked shoot and boy we all got worked. Dwayne has also said in past that he rates Cody very highly.

But to see Roman actually looking timid there for once (being the Jimmy Uso role) wasn't seen in his entire tribal chief run.

I'd like a heel Rock vs AJ Styles at Mania. Him vs Randy would be great as well but they already did that Evolution vs Rock and Foley back at Mania 20.

The ones I still remember vividly:

Hogan vs Warrior
Hogan vs Macho Man
Brett Hart vs Shawn Michaels
Hart foundation vs Austin
Bulldog and Lex as allied forces was great, bulldog was my favourite wrestler as a kid before Brett hart become.

Undertaker ministry of darkness, corporation, rock/austin were embroiled in a storyline which had lot of twists and turns, fun stuff as a teenager.

DX vs Nation is probably my favourite faction feuds ever.

NWO storyline was great but over stretched and ending was ruined by politics.

Goldberg gimmick was amazing but again backstage politics ruined the big stage reward.

Austin vs McMahon is the greatest storyline ever.

Brock lesnar next big thing gimmick was amazing.

Randy ortan legend killer was great.

Heel Hollywood rock is probably the funniest heel gimmicks ever.

Return of Brock from UFC gimmick was good but by that time I had long stopped following wrestling regularly.

These are the ones that immediately come to mind.
Ministry of Darkness Undertaker was definitely the scariest character ever.

@shaz619 Seems like The Rock is still wrestling at Mania. Who would you like him to face?
I'd have either AJ or Randy.

Back