Which in your opinion is the best professional wrestling story line and gimmick?

Which wrestling storyline was the most impactful in your sight?

• The Rock and Austin Rivalry in late1990s and Early 2000s

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • The Undertaker's undefeated Wrestlemania Streak up till 21-0

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • The NWO movement

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • The Evolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Bloodline and Roman Reigns Tribal Chief gimmick

• The Shield

• Goldberg's 171 matches undefeated run in WCW.

• Brock Lesnar's The beast incarnate gimmick

• Montreal Screw job on Bret Hart by Vince Mcmahon

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Others

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
It would genuinely be so great to have a Rock v HHH one last match.

It’s a shame Paul Lavesque retired. He still looks in great shape, and this match would really sell. The Rock gave him some heat on his way out, so there is some potential teasing there

I'd like a heel Rock vs AJ Styles at Mania. Him vs Randy would be great as well but they already did that Evolution vs Rock and Foley back at Mania 20.
I wish Triple H didn’t have his heart problem, because I would have loved to have seen him against The Rock at Wrestlemania.

Apart from me and you, I think the rest have overlooked the Austin/Vince rivalry which ultimately saved the WWF
I think its the timeline, defn was the biggest gimmick esp the hospital part lol, i just hated Austin coz he was most loved by the person i hated at school.

Does anyone remember Lex Luger vs tatanka?
Tatanka unfortunately couldn’t stay longer but was lot of fun.

Doink as well.. esp the wrestle mania pc game.

I wish Triple H didn’t have his heart problem, because I would have loved to have seen him against The Rock at Wrestlemania.
Never got interested in Trips stuff. I'd like for Dwayne to lock horns with relatively younger guys. AJ, Randy, Drew, Sami etc.

Never got interested in Trips stuff. I'd like for Dwayne to lock horns with relatively younger guys. AJ, Randy, Drew, Sami etc.
Triple H and The Rock should have had a one on one match at Wrestlemania 2000. Instead, we ended up getting the god awful fatal four way match.

Triple H and The Rock should have had a one on one match at Wrestlemania 2000. Instead, we ended up getting the god awful fatal four way match.
I think a Brock vs Rock no holds barred or first blood match would have been just too fun
But pity that Brock has been sidelined.

I'd like a heel Rock vs AJ Styles at Mania. Him vs Randy would be great as well but they already did that Evolution vs Rock and Foley back at Mania 20.
Randy v Rock would still be really good. That evolution Vs rock and sock connection was a different era with a different Randy Orton.

Now he’s in his viper persona as a veteran too

@shaz619 Seems like The Rock is still wrestling at Mania. Who would you like him to face?
I'd have either AJ or Randy.

I still feel they will go down the triple threat route.

I love AJ, but The Rock is all about box office; can they sell Rock vs AJ as a money match? had Lesnar not been weird Rock / Brock could have been that match, Orton is possibly the best alternative

The Rock v Goldust for slapping Cody Rhodes

This actually makes a lot of sense lol

Goldust / Dustin Rhides is underrated, such as aesthetically pleasing ring worker beyond his excellent gimmick work.

Cody vs Dustin one of my favourite matches from the last 5 years

The whole thing was just an exhibition of HHH showing his hand to the locker room backstage and with Austin out, he could wag his tail. It lead to the most anticipated Backlash PPV in history though, that mania might be the last time a ‘true’ heel went over in the main event

I think in last 3 years how everything feels like a gimmick i have come to believe then why not WWE , I might as well enjoy this as nothing is real.

Could be nostalgia as well trying to have the happiness that i had as a kid due to which I’m watching old shows.

That was because of the botch at the Royal Rumble, when Big Show won. Rock hit the floor by mistake before Big Show.

Rock is 51
AJ Styles is 46
Randy Orton is 43

He is only coming back to work with bloodline

It’s not the age necessarily but the ring activity and style, AJ is the best possible match for The Rock at his age, he was selected for a similar job to help Taker have his final match.

I do trust Reigns and Randy though to protect him, I hope he has been training hard because from the little I’ve seen be has been getting gassed just walked up the ramp. Rock needs to have as many matches possible between now and mania, it is difficult when his appearances need to be kept special for max returns.

If the triple threat does occur I think we’d have the easiest solution for all

It’s not the age necessarily but the ring activity and style, AJ is the best possible match for The Rock at his age, he was selected for a similar job to help Taker have his final match.

I do trust Reigns and Randy though to protect him, I hope he has been training hard because from the little I’ve seen be has been getting gassed just walked up the ramp. Rock needs to have as many matches possible between now and mania, it is difficult when his appearances need to be kept special for max returns.

If the triple threat does occur I think we’d have the easiest solution for all
Cody will win ofcourse. But i think Rock vs Punk would have been a better idea. But Punk is injured as they say.

Rock is 51
AJ Styles is 46
Randy Orton is 43

He is only coming back to work with bloodline
AJ is still one of the best to work a match with his opponent regardless of his opponent's age, agility, experience, ring rust etc.
Considering Dwayne's ring rust and lack of having a proper match in over a decade, Randy and him essentially both wrestle the standard WWE wrestling style. Randy would be a great match for him as well. I'd prefer AJ because I want to see how AJ meshes with Dwayne. AJ to date is the only one to bring out a good match out of Jindar Mahal.

Yes they should have. But man Trips would have won that as well and I never liked Trips going over Dwayne. They even had to do that brainless Taker interference in an ironman match just for The Rock to not win.

Randy v Rock would still be really good. That evolution Vs rock and sock connection was a different era with a different Randy Orton.

Now he’s in his viper persona as a veteran too
Yes Randy possible opponent for Mania atm seems to be Solo Sikoa and I would definitely prefer Rock vs Randy

I love AJ, but The Rock is all about box office; can they sell Rock vs AJ as a money match? had Lesnar not been weird Rock / Brock could have been that match, Orton is possibly the best alternative
Yes I do think that considering AJ is feuding with LA Knight and will likely put him over at Mania.
Drew will face Seth probably. But I'd be willing to watch a Drew Rock match too.
Dwayne has openly stated about Rey Mysterio being his dream opponent.

I'd love to see The Rock doing a promo on Karrion Kross and Dominik Mysterio in full savage mode.

I don't want Roman to be dethroned in a Triple Threat. That'd be a mistake honestly. A 3 year reign should end in a singles match preferebly standard rules.

I don't want Roman to be dethroned in a Triple Threat. That'd be a mistake honestly. A 3 year reign should end in a singles match preferebly standard rules.
Yep but for that they must arrange dwayne's match with someone else.

That wouldn't be a disaster at all, there ought to have been a bigger issue of them not giving Cody the main event title match. They've done these three ways in similar circumstances before and they all yielded positive responses.

You have to consider this is the best option with the Rock back and the best solution to generate the best box office numbers possible.

If Reigns is not pinned, it gives them the opportunity to run the match with Cody again at a future event.

On the other hand, the three way also presents elimination rules though I doubt that.

Or a suitable compromise could be Rock vs Cody Night 1 and Reigns v Cody Night 2.

It would certainly be interesting to see what direction they go without Rock involved with either Cody or Reigns, but I can't imagine them justifying it financially.

Sting in 1997 vs NWO was the best. Shame Hogan did not do the job.
Hogan was the lead creative in WCW at the time.

Feel sorry for Sting, he should have jumped to WWF a lot earlier. Vince gave full respect to top WCW talent when they joined WWF, the one Booker T incident was blown out of proportion.

100% Vince would gave catapulted Sting into Cat A main event with Rock, HHH, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle and Undertaker

Best story line for what I have seen was Randy vs John cena matches. Those were entertaining times and the matches were awesome to watch. Nowadays, wrestling has become more and more filmy type. Not much interest

That wouldn't be a disaster at all, there ought to have been a bigger issue of them not giving Cody the main event title match. They've done these three ways in similar circumstances before and they all yielded positive responses.

You have to consider this is the best option with the Rock back and the best solution to generate the best box office numbers possible.

If Reigns is not pinned, it gives them the opportunity to run the match with Cody again at a future event.

On the other hand, the three way also presents elimination rules though I doubt that.

Or a suitable compromise could be Rock vs Cody Night 1 and Reigns v Cody Night 2.

It would certainly be interesting to see what direction they go without Rock involved with either Cody or Reigns, but I can't imagine them justifying it financially.
Yes but none of them had this much stakes on the line. Benoit's crowning achievement (he wasn't really seen as the next face of the company). Bryan's triple threat was probably the best told storyline during those years but WWE didn't want Bryan initially in the main event. It all probably changed later.
Roman Brock Seth was changed last minute cause Vince thought Reigns wasn't ready yet. Roman, Edge and Bryan was basically done cause Roman Edge didn't have that oomph in it. Adding Bryan to it made it much better.

Maybe Dwayne can have a squash match at Mania with some mid carder.

Best story line for what I have seen was Randy vs John cena matches. Those were entertaining times and the matches were awesome to watch. Nowadays, wrestling has become more and more filmy type. Not much interest
Really? I can't remember Orton and Cena having a single great or memorable match against each other and they faced each other plenty of times.

The best storyline in wrestling history is The Undertaker vs Kane storyline.

It had great backstory, Paul Bearer, caskets, fire, masks, great promos, buried alive matches, brothers of destructions. It was peak storytelling and their feud had to have great storytelling, as their matches sucked. For some reason, they didn't have great in-ring chemistry.

As for the best gimmick, it has to be The Undertaker. That man played his gimmick perfectly for 30 years, not just in the ring but outside the ring too. He lived and breath the character. My favourite version of The Undertaker was the 1999 Ministry of Darkness version. That Undertaker scared the crap out of me as a kid.

I’m very surprised nobody voted for Hart v HBk Montreal screw job story line. Deep down, it may have been a work but it is still one of the most pivotal moments in Pro wrestling history.

People have voted mainly for Undertaker’s undefeated streak v Brock. Let me just remind you that the promotion/booking for this match was terrible. It was maybe 3-4 raw segments with hardly 10 minutes of promos. The Undertaker only delivered one pre recorded promo for this match. Although the result was highly unpredictable as well, it wasn’t difficult to take a punt on because Brock had lost 2 Wrestlemania matches back to back since his return as well. It was highly unlikely that he was to lose a 3rd Mania match on the trot. Not Brock Lesnar.

The rivalry following on was great, and Taker gave a 5* match at SummerSlam to defeat Brock.

A very underrated modern rivalry/storyline is the Shield v Wyatt Family.

As much as the WWE put the shield over, including all 3 of its members as main eventers….they have never beaten the Wyatt Family during their clashes. That’s legendary IMO

To build an epic rivalry, you need top class mic workers to build it up. I remember Rowdy Roddy Piper delivering an excellent promo once with heel Shawn Michaels to build up his match against Hulk Hogan. Piper, another guy that is forgotten but was a legendary mic worker!

the best storyline / rivalry of the ruthless aggression era and top 3 of post attitude era.

Randy throwing John’s dad over the barricade and giving him a punt kick was a massive WTH moment.

Randy has been an S+ tier heel for almost 2 decades now.

Nexus storyline was quite interesting. Probably the most interesting in the depressing PG era

Yes but none of them had this much stakes on the line. Benoit's crowning achievement (he wasn't really seen as the next face of the company). Bryan's triple threat was probably the best told storyline during those years but WWE didn't want Bryan initially in the main event. It all probably changed later.
Roman Brock Seth was changed last minute cause Vince thought Reigns wasn't ready yet. Roman, Edge and Bryan was basically done cause Roman Edge didn't have that oomph in it. Adding Bryan to it made it much better.

Maybe Dwayne can have a squash match at Mania with some mid carder.

During the RA era it wasn’t about being reliant on ‘one name’ alone, they were certainly looking for the next replacement for Austin/Rock, but while that search was ongoing, they worked to improve their roster depth and especially their group of main eventer’s. They were not going to be doomed if Benoit wasn’t made champ but in the year which would follow, certainly business was going to be impacted, in fact I would argue business would be impacted more then compared to now.

With the YES movement, they eventually came to the realisation of what a draw Bryan was, this is reinforced by the influence Bryan obtained backstage when he came back and also had a major world title run. I can personally share that every live event where Bryan was advertised in my area was a sell out after WM 30, I actually received a partial refund for one of the shows I attended. So again, I think business was clearly impacted due to his injury, he’s a good example actually in that regard because he got mega over and they were unable to capitalise on the heat.

Now I like Cody, they are building him to replace Reigns. But him ‘finishing his story’ is not remotely close to Benoit finishing his story, to Eddie finishing his story, to Shawn’s boyhood dream or even Bret finally finishing his story at WMX. And he’s over but he’s not Bryan WM 30 over either, even in that presser it was not like they were rioting some even chanted ‘We don’t want Cody’ someone may have even said they want Goldust instead :yk

When you combine this with the fact that WWE is the global powerhouse it wasn’t in the last 15-20 years, how its stock has boomed, how financially the business is booming with record breaking profits, their merge with TKO and how they actually secured a 5 billion deal recently; the company is less reliant on one name then ever before, if that was in doubt; Reigns schedule should reinforce that view. The business will not be impacted in the way it would in the past if Cody doesn’t get a singles match with Reigns or doesn’t go over etc

Until they were selfishly buried by Super Cena at Summerslam 2010.

To be fair to Cena he has admitted that mistake and apologised for it.

He has never been a Hogan, Triple H, Goldberg or even a Shawn Michaels (you know I admire him but he was an @ss in the 90’s - forget his antics, wont ever forget what he did to the Bulldog in my own home city!).

He has done the job more than enough to make up for it, and these last few years I can’t recall when he last won? he could easily be like Hogan 05 who also was past his best at that point, even then that guy wouldn’t do business with Shawn unless he went over; though it amuses me because it was a clash between two of the biggest backstage politicians in history lol

During the RA era it wasn’t about being reliant on ‘one name’ alone, they were certainly looking for the next replacement for Austin/Rock, but while that search was ongoing, they worked to improve their roster depth and especially their group of main eventer’s. They were not going to be doomed if Benoit wasn’t made champ but in the year which would follow, certainly business was going to be impacted, in fact I would argue business would be impacted more then compared to now.

With the YES movement, they eventually came to the realisation of what a draw Bryan was, this is reinforced by the influence Bryan obtained backstage when he came back and also had a major world title run. I can personally share that every live event where Bryan was advertised in my area was a sell out after WM 30, I actually received a partial refund for one of the shows I attended. So again, I think business was clearly impacted due to his injury, he’s a good example actually in that regard because he got mega over and they were unable to capitalise on the heat.

Now I like Cody, they are building him to replace Reigns. But him ‘finishing his story’ is not remotely close to Benoit finishing his story, to Eddie finishing his story, to Shawn’s boyhood dream or even Bret finally finishing his story at WMX. And he’s over but he’s not Bryan WM 30 over either, even in that presser it was not like they were rioting some even chanted ‘We don’t want Cody’ someone may have even said they want Goldust instead :yk

When you combine this with the fact that WWE is the global powerhouse it wasn’t in the last 15-20 years, how its stock has boomed, how financially the business is booming with record breaking profits, their merge with TKO and how they actually secured a 5 billion deal recently; the company is less reliant on one name then ever before, if that was in doubt; Reigns schedule should reinforce that view. The business will not be impacted in the way it would in the past if Cody doesn’t get a singles match with Reigns or doesn’t go over etc
Agree with some of your points. Bryan definitely became a much bigger draw than WWE ever thought he would. But I'd say the metric of looking at live events attendance in UK is a bit flawed as UK it has the highest marks/casual fans ratio. AEW which is basically for indie hardcore fans were able to sell out Wembley without having announced a match. And Bryan was an indie darling well before signing with WWE.

Bryan had Batista as his alternative at Mania 30 while Cody has Dwayne. Dwayne is a much bigger attraction than Batista ever was in wrestling. But yes Cody isn't at that level but think he's done well to become the top guy inside a span of 2 years from his redebut. For casuals, who don't know much about indie wrestling or AEW, he was basically on hiatus for over 6 years before his return.

The good thing I see is Dwayne would be making far more appearances in WWE than he did from 2016 to 2023. (4 if i am counting correctly)

Agree with some of your points. Bryan definitely became a much bigger draw than WWE ever thought he would. But I'd say the metric of looking at live events attendance in UK is a bit flawed as UK it has the highest marks/casual fans ratio. AEW which is basically for indie hardcore fans were able to sell out Wembley without having announced a match. And Bryan was an indie darling well before signing with WWE.

Bryan had Batista as his alternative at Mania 30 while Cody has Dwayne. Dwayne is a much bigger attraction than Batista ever was in wrestling. But yes Cody isn't at that level but think he's done well to become the top guy inside a span of 2 years from his redebut. For casuals, who don't know much about indie wrestling or AEW, he was basically on hiatus for over 6 years before his return.

The good thing I see is Dwayne would be making far more appearances in WWE than he did from 2016 to 2023. (4 if i am counting correctly)

That’s not the only metric, it applied to events across the states and only a fool at that point would overlook his drawing power, they were forced to build a landmark event around him for a reason. Televised events will have the usual die hard fans but not live events, it’s typically a smaller portion and family’s / casuals drive the business for majority of the touring dates. It’s a bit dumb to use AEW, Wembley was a one off stadium show that was built well, you only need to look at how well they’ve been doing up and down the country to see their ceiling, and besides, they priced their tickets so cheap, no major event here would give away so much margin. WWE tickets are vastly more expensive, each show wasn’t as easy a sell in those days compared to now.

Dwayne is the bigger draw so I don’t see your point, he’s going to draw regardless and any potential involvement in the main event doesn’t remotely impact the company negatively in any way. Cody has done ok to keep relevant, but his previous run has helped with the company and his surname certainly hold weight. When he carries that championship, it will be more of a test for him and the business to some extent, but there’s less pressure now more than ever and there are no sharks in the dressing room, it’s all nicey nice, he fits in perfectly.

Yeah now that he is getting fewer dates than Batista in Hollywood, he’s back with his tail between his legs.

That’s not the only metric, it applied to events across the states and only a fool at that point would overlook his drawing power, they were forced to build a landmark event around him for a reason. Televised events will have the usual die hard fans but not live events, it’s typically a smaller portion and family’s / casuals drive the business for majority of the touring dates. It’s a bit dumb to use AEW, Wembley was a one off stadium show that was built well, you only need to look at how well they’ve been doing up and down the country to see their ceiling, and besides, they priced their tickets so cheap, no major event here would give away so much margin. WWE tickets are vastly more expensive, each show wasn’t as easy a sell in those days compared to now.

Dwayne is the bigger draw so I don’t see your point, he’s going to draw regardless and any potential involvement in the main event doesn’t remotely impact the company negatively in any way. Cody has done ok to keep relevant, but his previous run has helped with the company and his surname certainly hold weight. When he carries that championship, it will be more of a test for him and the business to some extent, but there’s less pressure now more than ever and there are no sharks in the dressing room, it’s all nicey nice, he fits in perfectly.

Yeah now that he is getting fewer dates than Batista in Hollywood, he’s back with his tail between his legs.
Dwayne taking a step back from Hollywood would be a blessing for Wrestling fans as he's a must see guy when it comes to wrestling but as an actor, not that much.

Dwayne taking a step back from Hollywood would be a blessing for Wrestling fans as he's a must see guy when it comes to wrestling but as an actor, not that much.

Apparently Dwayne is interested in making serious movies now, Moana 2 is planned so there’s that at least

For me these were some of the best growing up:

1) Stone Cold being run over and trying to find out who it was. Although the reveal was underwhelming with it being Rikishi and his "I did it for the Rock" but the buildup was great with many different suspects each having a different motive.

2) Undertaker / Kane: Great backstory leading up to one of the best debuts of all time for Kane.

3) NWO invading the WWF.

4) Kane being unmasked: WWF did a great job at building up the mask over years and years so it was huge when Kane was finally forced to take the mask off. Kane went on a great run after that.

Apparently Dwayne is interested in making serious movies now, Moana 2 is planned so there’s that at least
Dwayne's been pretty smart about planning his movie career by using his wrestling popularity.

He probably did his best acting work before getting involved in fast and furious and then playing himself in every movie.
Faster, Be Cool, Southland Tales, Get Smart were his best acting works IMO. He didn't play himself there. His cameo alongside Samuel Jackson in The Other Guys was gold.

His movies hadn't been doing well in box office, so he started doing kids films like Tooth Fairy, Race To Witch, Journey 2 and The Gameplan (i liked this one). Kids films do well financially usually. Then he made his return to WWE (PG era) to win over the new generation of fans mostly kids. Once those kids entered teenage, he started doing action movies leading to box office success.

That's one reason why he's coming back now as well. Black Adam didn't do much at box office, his PR took a hit with his video with Oprah as well. So he decided to go back to WWE to increase his fanbase. Otherwise he could and should have had his Roman match last year. That was the perfect time for his return (Hollywood Mania) and Cody didn't have to take a loss from Roman.

For me these were some of the best growing up:

1) Stone Cold being run over and trying to find out who it was. Although the reveal was underwhelming with it being Rikishi and his "I did it for the Rock" but the buildup was great with many different suspects each having a different motive.

2) Undertaker / Kane: Great backstory leading up to one of the best debuts of all time for Kane.

3) NWO invading the WWF.

4) Kane being unmasked: WWF did a great job at building up the mask over years and years so it was huge when Kane was finally forced to take the mask off. Kane went on a great run after that.
NWO invading WWF wasn't interesting for me. Nash and Hall were never the draws of the level of Dwayne and Austin. And the angle was done so quickly and nwo fizzled out quicker than its invasion.

WWE legend Jeff Hardy was reportedly left disoriented and bleeding from the mouth after being on the end of a horribly botched move.

The Charismatic Enigma suffered a heavy blow to the head during a match with Sammy Guevara at a taping of AEW on Wednesday.

Guevara has seriously injured both Hardy brothers in recent yearsCredit: X
The pair were facing off in a no-disqualification match recorded for Rampage at the H-E-B Center in Cedar Park, Texas.

Towards the end of the contest, Guevara went up to the top rope and attempted a shooting star press on a prone Hardy.

The high-risk manoeuvre holds a fearsome reputation and infamously almost proved fatal for Brock Lesnar when he suffered a concussion by landing on his neck performing it during his match with Kurt Angle at WrestleMania XIX.

Guevara's version started smoothly but he adjusted his body mid-air as Hardy raised his knees to counter.

Source: talkSPORT

Unpopular opinion, but the whole “Undashing” Cody Rhodes gimmick was the best gimmick of 2011, and you can argue his best persona.

Beating up people then putting paper bags over them, giving paper bags to fans to put on themselves ☠️

Unpopular opinion, but the whole “Undashing” Cody Rhodes gimmick was the best gimmick of 2011, and you can argue his best persona.

Beating up people then putting paper bags over them, giving paper bags to fans to put on themselves ☠️
but Cody wasn't this good of a wrestler back then. His in ring skills and psychology really improved around 2018-2019. He worked hard to get that good in the ring during the time of inaugral All In. Before that, even during his match with Okada, you could see him pretty being ordinary in a well wrestled match. He apparently studied Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and other old school wrestler's matches during that time.

Hearing Rock turning heel? Though heel character comes naturally to him but tad surprised he is taking that risk at this stage of his career. Hollywood Heel Rock was easily his best character so far.

Hearing Rock turning heel? Though heel character comes naturally to him but tad surprised he is taking that risk at this stage of his career. Hollywood Heel Rock was easily his best character so far.

Rock can play both heel and face effectively.

But, I think face Rock is better. He was a face most of his career.

The problem is modern day PC culture. It doesn't let Rock being his old self. Cancel culture and stuffs.

Rock can play both heel and face effectively.

But, I think face Rock is better. He was a face most of his career.

The problem is modern day PC culture. It doesn't let Rock being his old self. Cancel culture and stuffs.

I personally think heel comes naturally to him. His stints as a heel in Nations of Domination or the Hollywood rock of 2003 is absolute gold. As a face also he was good back in Attitude Era but his face character while feuding with John Cena was boring. He was trying to be Dwayne Johnson rather than the character Rock and trying hard to be in the good books of the audience.

Agree with you on the point that he can't do the stuffs or say things he used to back then in this PG era.

I personally think heel comes naturally to him. His stints as a heel in Nations of Domination or the Hollywood rock of 2003 is absolute gold. As a face also he was good back in Attitude Era but his face character while feuding with John Cena was boring. He was trying to be Dwayne Johnson rather than the character Rock and trying hard to be in the good books of the audience.

Agree with you on the point that he can't do the stuffs or say things he used to back then in this PG era.

Yes. He was a bit boring against John Cena but that was because he couldn't be himself.

Even as a heel, I don't think he can be as good as his previous self (due to PC culture).

This is why I do not enjoy modern day WWE.

Well, I believe the Rock will screw Roman and cost him the title and thus we may see a RR vs Rock match in the next Wrestlemania.

The Hassan vs Undertaker story line was just too toxic and racist. One of the worst too​

=======

EX-WWE WRITER CLAIMS HE WAS PUNISHED FOR OPPOSING RACIALLY INSENSITIVE STORY LINES​

WWE has many writers who try to ensure each and every storyline is on point, especially in the current political climate. With that said, a former WWE claims that he was punished for opposing racially insensitive storylines.

A former WWE writer claimed to have lost his job for challenging the company’s racially insensitive content. Michael Leonardi, in LinkedIn videos, revealed his departure in 2016 was influenced by his objections to WWE’s portrayal of the Muhammad Hassan character.

Leonardi pointed to a controversial segment in July 2005, during the buildup to a PPV match with the Undertaker, which garnered national attention for its perceived proximity to the ongoing “war on terror.” The subsequent London bus bombings intensified scrutiny and concern, particularly from UPN, ultimately contributing to Leonardi’s departure.

“Back then, there was a character by the name of Muhammad Hassan. In July of 2005, while in the build-up to a PPV match with the Undertaker, WWE aired a controversial segment that made national news as hitting a little too close to home with the ongoing “war on terror.

“Shortly thereafter, the london bus bombings occurred which brought more attention to the angle and the concern amongst UPN.”

Leonardi, who was tasked with overseeing the Hassan vs. Undertaker match at that year’s Great American Bash, explicitly expressed his discomfort with the angle to WWE. He informed his boss that he felt it was ethically wrong to continue with the project. Leonardi requested to be assigned to another match, which he was granted, specifically the Eddie vs. Rey match.

“I told my boss that I had a problem being associated with the project (I felt strongly that it was just wrong of us to keep going with it) and asked if I could be assigned to one of the other matches (which I was) Eddie vs. Rey (with little dominik, which is crazy to see where he is now!)”

Source: Ringside News

The best storyline in wrestling history is The Undertaker vs Kane storyline.

It had great backstory, Paul Bearer, caskets, fire, masks, great promos, buried alive matches, brothers of destructions. It was peak storytelling and their feud had to have great storytelling, as their matches sucked. For some reason, they didn't have great in-ring chemistry.

As for the best gimmick, it has to be The Undertaker. That man played his gimmick perfectly for 30 years, not just in the ring but outside the ring too. He lived and breath the character. My favourite version of The Undertaker was the 1999 Ministry of Darkness version. That Undertaker scared the crap out of me as a kid.
The new kids can't fathom this.

I still remember the first entrance of Kane.... Put shivers in my body still.

I was recently seeing the Macho Man story and have to say I’m surprised how big he was, when I started watching always seemed like a second fiddle ro Hogan and honestly I preferred him over Hogan.

The greatest recent storyline in WWE ended last night
=====
Is Roman Reigns leaving WWE after losing his title at WrestleMania 40? The truth confirmed

Roman Reigns could go on hiatus post-WrestleMania 40

Source: Sportskeeda

Back