Who is Hijab Zahid and what are her credentials to do commentary/broadcasting in Pakistan cricket?

Rana

Hall of Famer
Runs
So it occurred to me that this lady is an extremely poor commentator, seems to be completely devoid with cricketing gaming sense. She seems very out of touch with the game in general and her reactions to things happening are also evidence of her not having a real clue of what’s going on.

So it seems she is the managing director of Multan Sultans…

How is this allowed? How can you have clear agenda pushers (terrible commentators as well) in the commentary team?

She has has a degree in project management in uni of hertforshidire so British educated background, started as a publics relations officer at beconhouse, then became a cricket broadcaster.

So these people who work in such services usually are able to get such numbers and pull them out.

Ik I can if I wished 🫠

Last edited by a moderator:
She has has a degree in project management in uni of hertforshidire so British educated background, started as a publics relations officer at beconhouse, then became a cricket broadcaster.

So these people who work in such services usually are able to get such numbers and pull them out.

Ik I can if I wished 🫠

Besides, this lady is ABYSMAL in commentary, what business does she have here? Are there more of these MS agenda pushers in the PCB?

Besides, this lady is ABYSMAL in commentary, what business does she have here? Are there more of these MS agenda pushers in the PCB?
Oh yeah, Word of thumb, Get a job at telephone providers and call and connect.

She is on the female quota.It doesnt sound good but it is what it is.I have no idea how she got the director post of sultans.She has 0 experience and she directly got such a big job,was very surprising for me.

Surely you have to be highly connected through family links though?

Who is she connected to?
No clue, but likely someone from extended family not main. I can't tell from her LinkedIn or insta connections

She competed on Pepsi Voice of Pakistan in 2022, I think she was one of the final five but as far as I’m aware she didn’t win. This was a PCB sanctioned show where Ramiz Raja judged contestants on their commentary skills. She was also the media manager at IU.

I’m not sure what her actual cricketing credentials are but Ali Khan Tareen is a bit backer of female representation in cricket and I think he’s a big reason why she landed at MS, and likely how she got this commentary gig.

She is on the female quota.It doesnt sound good but it is what it is.I have no idea how she got the director post of sultans.She has 0 experience and she directly got such a big job,was very surprising for me.
I understand your surprise. In Pakistan, strong connections can significantly influence career advancement. For example, we've seen individuals with no prior experience appointed to high-ranking positions like foreign minister and chief minister.

Back