Who is selecting Pakistan’s squad for the World Cup 2023?

That’s not very helpful is it? News just for the sake of news. Nothing conclusive, more uncertainty
These consultations have been going on for a long time now. This much uncertainty is not good for any squad whether you are selected or not etc. Just have some courage and announce the squad and have some faith on them.

These consultations have been going on for a long time now. This much uncertainty is not good for any squad whether you are selected or not etc. Just have some courage and announce the squad and have some faith on them.
It’s weird. They do this every time, just love to delay and create speculations/rifts in media outlets

Are they going to announce a WC squad or preparing for Moon-landing? Hadd hoti hai yaar, jou bhi hai bus ailaan kar dou ab.

Are they going to announce a WC squad or preparing for Moon-landing? Hadd hoti hai yaar, jou bhi hai bus ailaan kar dou ab.
They will announce it on Saturday apparently.

Zaka is a meek individual, there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

Our first warm-up game is on the 29th.

The top 3 are probably not going to change.

Fakhar is a double edged sword.

You hope he will fire but you know he probably wont.

You include him ONLY because rest of your team likes to watch paint dry.

You include Imam because you have invested too much in a low ceiling player.

Babar picks himself.
Agreed on top 3

The elephant in the room though is the number 4 spot. Are you happy with Rizwan’s 60 ball 50s, or 70 ball 60s, or do you want to play someone who can potentially score a daddy hundred.

My gun player is Iftikhar, but since nobody has confidence in him, the only other option is Abdullah Shafique. Rizwan needs to let go of the number 4 spot.

Agreed on top 3

The elephant in the room though is the number 4 spot. Are you happy with Rizwan’s 60 ball 50s, or 70 ball 60s, or do you want to play someone who can potentially score a daddy hundred.

My gun player is Iftikhar, but since nobody has confidence in him, the only other option is Abdullah Shafique. Rizwan needs to let go of the number 4 spot.
Rizwan is best option for opening the innings. Abdullah Shafique is decent middle order batter. PCT need to swap their roles. I am sure result will be brighter.

The current regime under Zaka Ashraf is the worst I have seen, such incompetency and disregard for professional conduct never witnessed before from a PCB chairman, mirroring the state of the country. It is so bad that even the chief selector Inzi am did not even turn upto one of the meetings for selection, and they cannot resolve a simple matter of 2 or 3 players to be changed from a settle squad with only days left for catching the plane for a biggest event. If this continues any more I will also convert to Mamoon school of thought regarding Pakistan Cricket.

So Zaka Ashraf isn’t signing it off and that’s why the delay

I wouldn’t blame him if the captain is trying to make him sign off a friends XI

So basically all of Pakistan should be at the airport, and the PCB will announce the 15-18 that they will purchase travel tickets for?
Zaka sahib spent the whole week trying to save his job, now he has apparently alienated Inzamam aswell. Inzi did not bother to attend yesterday’s meeting, where Babar and Mickey were also present (Mickey via video call).

There’s a lot of ifs and buts, I believe the main reason for delay is Naseem’s reports. I get the feeling they are doing their best to have Naseem save their sorry behinds.

So Zaka Ashraf isn’t signing it off and that’s why the delay

I wouldn’t blame him if the captain is trying to make him sign off a friends XI
If Zaka is able to delay the squad announcement and get at the very least Sarfraz and Abrar into the squad I won't be complaining

meeeting taking place 5;30 to 6;00

one suspire entry to be added in the team by Zaka

Openers
1) Saim ayub
2) Imam ul Haq
3) Abdullah Shafiq

Top/Middle order
1) Babar Azam
2) Rizwan
3) Saud Shakeel
4) Tayyab Tahir
5) Haris

Fast Bowlers
1) Shaheen Shah Afridi
2) Haris Rauf
3)Naseem( If fit) otherwise amir
4) Ihsanullah (If fit) otherwise either one of Arshad Iqbal, Abaas Afridi or aamer jamal

Spinners
1) Abrar
2) Usama mir
3) Imad Waseem

This should be the 15 squad.

But ik babar, he will add shadab and nawaz somehow.

Only one suprise entry? Bhai we need multiple suprise entries. Someone needs to address the fakhar, Shadab, Nawaz and Faheem problem, as well as address naseem's fitness.

I see 5 changes to be made not one.

This reminds me of the movie gupt
I'm pretty sure the squads have already been chosen. All of this is drama bazi.

The squad will be announced after pur players will already have landed in India

If Amir is selected

Alarm bells will be going off in India, just like the sirens that go off when Darth Vader enters a rebel starship!

If Amir is selected

Alarm bells will be going off in India, just like the sirens that go off when Darth Vader enters a rebel starship!
amir is injured. calm down.

he wont get selected. The guy is not an idiot that he will throw away his IPL contract for Pakistan

amir is injured. calm down.

he wont get selected. The guy is not an idiot that he will throw away his IPL contract for Pakistan
He confirmed he isn’t

He is playing next week and winning the CPL trophy for Jamaica Tallawahs. Champion cricketer

Sarfaraz Ahmed will not feature in upcoming QEA trophy match from Karachi Whites. Message Delivered to Sarfaraz from PCB ??
Source- Pakistan journalist
Na Kar yar?

If he is selected, that will be a YES MAHAUL selection!

Seeing the sorry state of Pakistan cricket I am beginning to change my mind.

Watching Imam, Babar, Rizwan doing painful Sajdas on reaching 50s is intolerable.

I dont mind Amir coming back for a final swansong even though I am totally against corrupt and fixers.

At least we will have one or two good moments.

Watching Shadab being pumelled, Rizwan being humbled, Babar padding and Imam playing for himself in this World Cup will be a torture.

Please include Imad in the team also.

May not be everyones favorite but has winners mentality.

Seeing the sorry state of Pakistan cricket I am beginning to change my mind.

Watching Imam, Babar, Rizwan doing painful Sajdas on reaching 50s is intolerable.

I dont mind Amir coming back for a final swansong even though I am totally against corrupt and fixers.

At least we will have one or two good moments.

Watching Shadab being pumelled, Rizwan being humbled, Babar padding and Imam playing for himself in this World Cup will be a torture.

Please include Imad in the team also.

May not be everyones favorite but has winners mentality.
Dr Sab you have to convince Babar

No matter how much sense and logic you provide, Babar is still living in Rameez Raja’s era

Babar should learn from Butler. Butler dropped Roy from the squad deapite the 2 being extremely good friends due to poor performance.

Roy is still the stand in reserve but he's been dropped and rightfully so.

Why can't babar do what Butler did? Realise that friends don't mean much when its the world cup. In business we straight up call this aspect a conflict of interest, because your friend may not be qualified for the position and can hamper your business rather then scale it.

Same with cricket. Friends can hamper your team if their unqualified. Shadab and nawaz being the prime example.

I find it funny hasan ali's career was ended due to him bottling in the Australian semi final and for poor bowling performances in the t20 world cup, but nawaz who bottled against India and has been failing in bowling since a year is supposedly babar's best spin bowler to date.

So Abrar, Haris and Zaman Khan will be in reserve, and Usama and Hasan Ali will be in the 15. So be horrible viewing Hasan Ali bowling past his best. I would had Arshad and Abrar in the 15.

So Abrar, Haris and Zaman Khan will be in reserve, and Usama and Hasan Ali will be in the 15. So be horrible viewing Hasan Ali bowling past his best. I would had Arshad and Abrar in the 15.
What about Sarfaraz? Why is he pulled out of the Karachi game?

Sarfaraz Ahmed will not feature in upcoming QEA trophy match from Karachi Whites. Message Delivered to Sarfaraz from PCB ??
Source- Pakistan journalist
If so this is great news, shows that the new committee realise what a gun he is.

However knowing Babar and Rizwan's insecurity he will probably be benched

Pakistanis seem to have a lot of time just bursting with angst and outrage over team selection. Seems like every pakistani has an inside view of how nepotism is rife and babar and his "friendship eleven" will ruin the world cup.

why were all these guys quiet when pakistan was performing? now after one tournament everyone seems to be writing disserations on "Babar and the Netpotism factor" and claim to be the expert authority on team selections and player appraisals.

90% of the cricket threads have this same regurgitated nonsense.

Stand by - squad to be announced tomorrow

He confirmed he isn’t

He is playing next week and winning the CPL trophy for Jamaica Tallawahs. Champion cricketer
his confirming or not confirming doesnt matter.

He had a hamstring injury and hamstring injuries can put you out for upto 3 months.

I bet your relieved
why would i even care about a guy who has many times he has RETIRED from pakistan cricket.

This is something that i dont understand with you fans

Babar should learn from Butler. Butler dropped Roy from the squad deapite the 2 being extremely good friends due to poor performance.

Roy is still the stand in reserve but he's been dropped and rightfully so.

Why can't babar do what Butler did? Realise that friends don't mean much when its the world cup. In business we straight up call this aspect a conflict of interest, because your friend may not be qualified for the position and can hamper your business rather then scale it.

Same with cricket. Friends can hamper your team if their unqualified. Shadab and nawaz being the prime example.

I find it funny hasan ali's career was ended due to him bottling in the Australian semi final and for poor bowling performances in the t20 world cup, but nawaz who bottled against India and has been failing in bowling since a year is supposedly babar's best spin bowler to date.
Babar has dropped Hasan Ali, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal (his own cousin) refused to recall Kamran Akmal and those are the ones we know about.

Nawaz was the 2nd best spin bowling AR for ODI’s. Imad Wasim was not taking any wickets, Usama Mir has only come through recently. Yes Nawaz isn’t great either but neither are the other options. Sometimes you’ve got to back your boys - not chop and change every 5 seconds like it’s the 90’s again.

Not saying that Babar doesn’t have an inclination towards his mates but neither is it a friends XI at the bereft of the team.

why would i even care about a guy who has many times he has RETIRED from pakistan cricket.

This is something that i dont understand with you fans
Of course. Why would you care about the damage caused by your favourite Misbah

Babar has dropped Hasan Ali, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal (his own cousin) refused to recall Kamran Akmal and those are the ones we know about.

Nawaz was the 2nd best spin bowling AR for ODI’s. Imad Wasim was not taking any wickets, Usama Mir has only come through recently. Yes Nawaz isn’t great either but neither are the other options. Sometimes you’ve got to back your boys - not chop and change every 5 seconds like it’s the 90’s again.

Not saying that Babar doesn’t have an inclination towards his mates but neither is it a friends XI at the bereft of the team.

But he refuses to drop Shadab who is terrible.

Tomorrow Shadab will be on plane.

Imam
Fakhar
Babar
Rizwan
Salman
Iftikhar
Shadab
Nawaz
Shaheen
Rauf
Ihsanullah

Abdullah
Haris Sohail
Abrar/Usama
Zaman

Time to stop watching cricket if this squad is not announced tomorrow

Because none of them are a part of his friends 11.

Umar and kamran being his cousins doesn't mean their friends. Babar has strongly disliked the 2 ever since he came onto the scene, that was evident even in 2015 when he debuted.

Nawaz was never a good bowler ever, from 2015 to 2019 he was constantly viewed as a poor man's hafeez, and was a poor replacement for when haris sohail, malik and hafeez were in the squad.

In terms of allround capability, imad waseem is 100x the batsmen nawaz is, and his t20 record is superior in bowling. Bad odi record doesn't kean you drop your best actual allrounder and choose a bits and pieces hack over him.

Problem is, if nawaz admits that he is a bowler only then he isn't good enough to be in the team hence the whole allrounder drama that he shadab and faheem have carried.

Chopping and changing every second is what caused us to win trophies and be a feared team during the 90's. What are you talking about?

When we chopped and changed constantly it sent a signal to everyone in the playing 11, either be your best or your replacable.

Now we have a system where if rizwan whines he gets his no 4 slot, if shadab whines he gets vc spot, etc etc.

Us brining in fakhar for Ahmed shezad in 2017 aka shifting and changing and chopping our opening is what caused us to win the CT 2017 trophy in the first place. By your logic maybe we should have backed Ahmed shezad cause he was our boy. 😂.

Imam
Fakhar
Babar
Rizwan
Salman
Iftikhar
Shadab
Nawaz
Shaheen
Rauf
Ihsanullah

Abdullah
Haris Sohail
Abrar/Usama
Zaman

Time to stop watching cricket if this squad is not announced tomorrow
Then ig you should stop watching cricket. This squad is the exact same that took a beating this Asia cup. All you did was replace naseem with ihsanullah 😂.

Because none of them are a part of his friends 11.

Umar and kamran being his cousins doesn't mean their friends. Babar has strongly disliked the 2 ever since he came onto the scene, that was evident even in 2015 when he debuted.

Nawaz was never a good bowler ever, from 2015 to 2019 he was constantly viewed as a poor man's hafeez, and was a poor replacement for when haris sohail, malik and hafeez were in the squad.

In terms of allround capability, imad waseem is 100x the batsmen nawaz is, and his t20 record is superior in bowling. Bad odi record doesn't kean you drop your best actual allrounder and choose a bits and pieces hack over him.

Problem is, if nawaz admits that he is a bowler only then he isn't good enough to be in the team hence the whole allrounder drama that he shadab and faheem have carried.

Chopping and changing every second is what caused us to win trophies and be a feared team during the 90's. What are you talking about?

When we chopped and changed constantly it sent a signal to everyone in the playing 11, either be your best or your replacable.

Now we have a system where if rizwan whines he gets his no 4 slot, if shadab whines he gets vc spot, etc etc.

Us brining in fakhar for Ahmed shezad in 2017 aka shifting and changing and chopping our opening is what caused us to win the CT 2017 trophy in the first place. By your logic maybe we should have backed Ahmed shezad cause he was our boy. 😂.
Ahmad Shehzad had a pathetic average of 32 with an even pathetic strike rate of 70

The guys you want dropped have really really good numbers
And stop with all this Imad, Imad ********. I am a fan as well but just look at his recent scores in CPL- the guy has forgotten how to bat

Then ig you should stop watching cricket. This squad is the exact same that took a beating this Asia cup. All you did was replace naseem with ihsanullah 😂.
The squad is the exact same that reached number 1 in ODI for the first time in our history

Back them. Because they are the ones that have played for the past 4 years. If they fail in the World Cup, then make MASSIVE changes keeping CT 2025 in mind. But now is not the time to make MASSIVE changes

There are no gaurantees in life. There are no gaurantees that the same players will perform worse, better or equal to as they performed in Asia Cup, just like there are no guarantees that the so-called deserving replacements will do better than those who played the Asia Cup.

You and pretty much everyone else is simply playing favorites of their own and flooding the board with the same stuff every thread you go to. How do you think this would help? Unless you guys just use the internt for venting (which I can understand)

Ahmad Shehzad had a pathetic average of 32 with an even pathetic strike rate of 70

The guys you want dropped have really really good numbers
And stop with all this Imad, Imad ********. I am a fan as well but just look at his recent scores in CPL- the guy has forgotten how to bat
Really? Shadab who was single handedly the worst bowler in Asia cup, Nawaz who single handedly helped India defeat us in a crucial game last year, faheem who stats are so miserably bad that him being in the team is a comedy,

^^ These guys are good players? Acha jee, funny how you quote inad waseem's recent performance but don't acknowledge shadab and nawaz's recent performance and want me to look at their overall stats? Hypocrite much.

And bhai no 1 ka raheni dei, smacking a 2nd string NZ, beating afg to get to no 1 means nothing, we saw our no 1 team this Asia cup,

India clearly gave us the no 1 treatment

Really? Shadab who was single handedly the worst bowler in Asia cup, Nawaz who single handedly helped India defeat us in a crucial game last year, faheem who stats are so miserably bad that him being in the team is a comedy,

^^ These guys are good players? Acha jee, funny how you quote inad waseem's recent performance but don't acknowledge shadab and nawaz's recent performance and want me to look at their overall stats? Hypocrite much.

And bhai no 1 ka raheni dei, smacking a 2nd string NZ, beating afg to get to no 1 means nothing, we saw our no 1 team this Asia cup,

India clearly gave us the no 1 treatment
You can keep fighting over average cricketers, but besides Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen and Naseem, there are no outstanding cricketers in Pakistan cricket.

One of them is missing, hence the alarm bells are ringing.

There are no gaurantees in life. There are no gaurantees that the same players will perform worse, better or equal to as they performed in Asia Cup, just like there are no guarantees that the so-called deserving replacements will do better than those who played the Asia Cup.

You and pretty much everyone else is simply playing favorites of their own and flooding the board with the same stuff every thread you go to. How do you think this would help? Unless you guys just use the internt for venting (which I can understand)

I do not know about guarantees in life. Heck I might not even be alive tmr, life comes and goes and does what it pleases.

But their is one guarantee, shadab will bowl that full toss to Rahul and kohli atleast 5 more times 😂😂

You can keep fighting over average cricketers, but besides Babar, Rizwan, Shaheen and Naseem, there are no outstanding cricketers in Pakistan cricket.

How is Rizwan an outstanding cricketer?

That means she is one of the world’s best?

Is he one of the world’s best batsman? Or Keeper? What do you mean by it?

Joke of the century.

First of, just like Rome wasn't built in a day, a player isn't blossomed in a day. Look at 2015 babar and look at current babar. 2015 babar was extremely unsteady at the crease and couldn't rotate singles or hit a six if his life depended on it. Now he's a goated bat who just struggles against spin.

In order to groom someone you gotta give them a long rope, is babar doing that with his so called winning 11?

As for shaheen, Shaheen is not outstanding, he's the weakest of our 3 trio, both naseem and Rauf are superior. Shaheen relies in that unplayable inswing early on which he can't consistently pitch. Otherwise he's a bang Average middle overs bowlers. He decent at death and start only. Naseem on the other hand is consistently more economical then shaheen is and his wicket taking ability isn't too far off. He doesn't go for runs in the middle when asked to bowl.

Rauf is expensive but he's one of the smartest bowlers I've seen. Proper wicket taker rather then shaheen who relies on pitch miracles to do his work. Shaheen is an excellent bowler but he's below those 2.

Bhai rizwan and babar can't even outperform Abdullah and saud in test 😂. Babar is a good accumulator but his ability against spin is worrying, he's ore impactful then imam but imam is ironically superior to babar in the middle overs and is often more steady.

Rizwan isn't better then saud, Abdullah or tayyab. Give these lads an extended run at no 4 and see what happens.

If you want to groom a player give proper players like saim, tayyab etc a proper run. We are giving club level bits and pieces players extended runs and it's backfiring.

I do not know about guarantees in life. Heck I might not even be alive tmr, life comes and goes and does what it pleases.

But their is one guarantee, shadab will bowl that full toss to Rahul and kohli atleast 5 more times 😂😂
So you can offer some sort of gaurantee that imad, or any of the other replacements for Shadab will NOT bowl those 5 full tosses to indian or other opposition batsmen?

This is getting even worst... we are flying to india in 4 days and final 15 is still not confirmed...

What a joke this country is turning out

Banana state with idiots running PCB

So you can offer some sort of gaurantee that imad, or any of the other replacements for Shadab will NOT bowl those 5 full tosses to indian or other opposition batsmen?
Imad won't bowl full tosses because to my knowledge he hasn't, he always bowls that same line and length dart delivery.

You're not getting the point. Shadab, Nawaz, Faheem

^^ These 3 aren't allrounders. Their bowlers and extreme club level bowlers at that. The shadab that you praise was getting thrashed by pandya in the final of the champions trophy and had sarfraz not brought hasan back on, pandya would have single handedly taken the game away from us. His wicket of yuvraj is the only time I've ever seen him bowl a good ball. That's 1 good delivery in the millions of matches he's played.

Nawaz is club level as well, he was always viewed as a poor man's hafeez, he's a defensive bowler who can't take wickets and has outright lost us games against India or other nations due to his so called bowling.

Faheem is one of the worst bowlers I've ever seen.

They are in the team because they have this so called allrounder drama going on when in reality it's clear they are not, their batting is atrocious.

Imad is a genuine allrounder, he's shown he's superior at t20 bowling to nawaz in the nz t20 series and he's shown his batting skills are a million times superior.

So why isn't he in?

Abrar, Imad, usama, 2 genuine spinners and one genuine allrounder.

Everyone attacking imad for his odi howling stats, bhai shadab's bowling stats will give us 100 runs from his, Shadab will be giving centuries to the opposition 😂.

This is getting even worst... we are flying to india in 4 days and final 15 is still not confirmed...

What a joke this country is turning out

Banana state with idiots running PCB
Don't worry. They probably got the visas approved of 30 guys before this

So for all the fake rumours going on....

Team management meeting was held where the performance of Asia Cup was discussed. Babar, Hafeez, the head coach attended the meeting.
Shadab, Misbah and Mickey Arthur attended it online. (i think Misbah attended it during a match in the dressing room)

So its good to see that PCB takes the Vice Captain also in consideration, so keeping that in mind, i dont think pcb will be removing Shadab Khan as Vice Captain

So for all the fake rumours going on....

Team management meeting was held where the performance of Asia Cup was discussed. Babar, Hafeez, the head coach attended the meeting.
Shadab, Misbah and Mickey Arthur attended it online. (i think Misbah attended it during a match in the dressing room)

So its good to see that PCB takes the Vice Captain also in consideration, so keeping that in mind, i dont think pcb will be removing Shadab Khan as Vice Captain
It was dead set obvious hardly any changes were going to be made.

Hell will freeze over before that happens.

Here we have Butler dropping Roy for bad performances ,but in pcb those performances are rewarded as long as you attend your bros wedding.

According to the PCB statement, chief selector Inzamamul Haq has finalized the Pakistan squad for the World Cup, which will be announced at a press conference at 11:15am on Friday in the Gaddafi Stadium

I don't understand why our Chairmen cannot stay in their domain. One of Rameez's biggest faults was he kept giving his two cents on cricketing matters.

What cricketing background does Zaka have to making selection decisions ?

Imad won't bowl full tosses because to my knowledge he hasn't, he always bowls that same line and length dart delivery.

You're not getting the point. Shadab, Nawaz, Faheem

^^ These 3 aren't allrounders. Their bowlers and extreme club level bowlers at that. The shadab that you praise was getting thrashed by pandya in the final of the champions trophy and had sarfraz not brought hasan back on, pandya would have single handedly taken the game away from us. His wicket of yuvraj is the only time I've ever seen him bowl a good ball. That's 1 good delivery in the millions of matches he's played.

Nawaz is club level as well, he was always viewed as a poor man's hafeez, he's a defensive bowler who can't take wickets and has outright lost us games against India or other nations due to his so called bowling.

Faheem is one of the worst bowlers I've ever seen.

They are in the team because they have this so called allrounder drama going on when in reality it's clear they are not, their batting is atrocious.

Imad is a genuine allrounder, he's shown he's superior at t20 bowling to nawaz in the nz t20 series and he's shown his batting skills are a million times superior.

So why isn't he in?

Abrar, Imad, usama, 2 genuine spinners and one genuine allrounder.

Everyone attacking imad for his odi howling stats, bhai shadab's bowling stats will give us 100 runs from his, Shadab will be giving centuries to the opposition 😂.
Imad is a genuine all rounder?

Now I have read everything.. :facepalm:

None of them is a geniune all rounder. Imad is not even a spinner. I have never seen him spin the ball. At least Shadab and Nawaz seem like spinning it.

But I agree, we need a genuine spinner and I would like to see Abrar in there but you know what?

I am not going to lose any sleep over his non inclusion and I am not going to flood the internet with anguish and despair. I am just looking forward to some cricket. 🇵🇰

None of them is a geniune all rounder. Imad is not even a spinner. I have never seen him spin the ball. At least Shadab and Nawaz seem like spinning it.

But I agree, we need a genuine spinner and I would like to see Abrar in there but you know what?

I am not going to lose any sleep over his non inclusion and I am not going to flood the internet with anguish and despair. I am just looking forward to some cricket. 🇵🇰
Bhai allrounder as in imad can actually bat and his bowling atleast in t20 is 100x superior to nawaz and shadab. He just never translated it into odi. But I'd rather have him then these 2 frauds in pur team.

By the way I am not praising Shadab or Nawaz. I think they are both underperforming. In fact Nawaz is performing to his potential. He is not that good. I would like to see a genuine spinner in the team. None of these guys is my relative, friend, etc. I just dont like to read negativity on here. This board has been nothing but full of unecessary negative stuff since the Asia Cup.

Tum saarey blade le ker bhetay ho, might as well slit your wrists. Tired of seeing nothing but babar this and shadab this.. saarey expert selector ban chukey hein idher. jao ja ker koi kaam dhandha karo, parho likho. Do something useful!

I don't understand why our Chairmen cannot stay in their domain. One of Rameez's biggest faults was he kept giving his two cents on cricketing matters.

What cricketing background does Zaka have to making selection decisions ?
Brother, anyone with a reasonable amount of cricket knowledge would know that the Squad suggested by Babar (which is most likely the same as the Asia cup squad) is not going to cut it.

Babar would insist that it is. Of course the Chairman (whose job is also on the line) will interrogate it

For no reason they are delaying the announcment of the squad, maybe they are trying to convey that they are assessing the selection process on merit that is the reason why there is a delay.

And at the end when squad will get anounced we wil see the blunders for sure.

By the way I am not praising Shadab or Nawaz. I think they are both underperforming. In fact Nawaz is performing to his potential. He is not that good. I would like to see a genuine spinner in the team. None of these guys is my relative, friend, etc. I just dont like to read negativity on here. This board has been nothing but full of unecessary negative stuff since the Asia Cup.

Tum saarey blade le ker bhetay ho, might as well slit your wrists. Tired of seeing nothing but babar this and shadab this.. saarey expert selector ban chukey hein idher. jao ja ker koi kaam dhandha karo, parho likho. Do something useful!
Brother, you don't even know me, its not like you have any insight on my life and what I do 😂.

But this is a cricket forumn, in which us fans come here to talk about topics and what interests us.

Even irl you don't blindly support anyone. If my friends or colleagues or business partners underperform I straight up it to their faces, because otherwise we won't scale up and improve together.

It's the same with Pakistan, their is a difference between being a patriot and being a blindly loyal cultist follower.

I am critising because I want my team to win, I do not want to see my team get stomped and humiliated by a rival nation. I truly wish to see a day where I can talk to my future kids and tell them when I was your age, I saw pakistan dominate every team, we were unbeatable.

You don't think I want Pakistan to achieve the same dominance of 1996 to 2007 Australia?

I am critising because simply put, our team has problems, and major ones at that.

1) Babar's captaincy has caused bamgaldesh, Sri lanka and India to consistently form 100+ partnerships in the middle from collapsed positions as well as injure our world class trio. This is something that is consistent not a one off.

^^ You don't see a problem with this?

2) Shadab Khan and Nawaz our frontline spinners were consistently the worst spinners of the tournament, even worse then Nepal spinners. You don't see a problem with our vice captain being the worst spinner? Our captain is quick to identify zaman Khan as not being international standard but then praises shadab as if theirs no tommorow?

3) Fakhar zaman has consistently not performed

4) Babar has consistently struggled against spin.

5) The middle order has consistently failed when our top 3 have failed and require hand holding from Babar and imam or rizwan to function.

^^ All these are issues and you just want me to blindly support all of this?

Theik hai you win, pakistan zindabad, pakistan jeeta ga, pakistan India ko kutei ga, and world cup will be a breeze for our team. Jeetei raho pakistaniyo, nothing to worry about, ayeshi karo.

Brother, you don't even know me, its not like you have any insight on my life and what I do 😂.

But this is a cricket forumn, in which us fans come here to talk about topics and what interests us.

Even irl you don't blindly support anyone. If my friends or colleagues or business partners underperform I straight up it to their faces, because otherwise we won't scale up and improve together.

It's the same with Pakistan, their is a difference between being a patriot and being a blindly loyal cultist follower.

I am critising because I want my team to win, I do not want to see my team get stomped and humiliated by a rival nation. I truly wish to see a day where I can talk to my future kids and tell them when I was your age, I saw pakistan dominate every team, we were unbeatable.

You don't think I want Pakistan to achieve the same dominance of 1996 to 2007 Australia?

I am critising because simply put, our team has problems, and major ones at that.

1) Babar's captaincy has caused bamgaldesh, Sri lanka and India to consistently form 100+ partnerships in the middle from collapsed positions as well as injure our world class trio. This is something that is consistent not a one off.

^^ You don't see a problem with this?

2) Shadab Khan and Nawaz our frontline spinners were consistently the worst spinners of the tournament, even worse then Nepal spinners. You don't see a problem with our vice captain being the worst spinner? Our captain is quick to identify zaman Khan as not being international standard but then praises shadab as if theirs no tommorow?

3) Fakhar zaman has consistently not performed

4) Babar has consistently struggled against spin.

5) The middle order has consistently failed when our top 3 have failed and require hand holding from Babar and imam or rizwan to function.

^^ All these are issues and you just want me to blindly support all of this?

Theik hai you win, pakistan zindabad, pakistan jeeta ga, pakistan India ko kutei ga, and world cup will be a breeze for our team. Jeetei raho pakistaniyo, nothing to worry about, ayeshi karo.
there is just no middle ground with our people. either you are a patriot or a blind cultist?

All I am saying is.. its not doom and gloom if your favorite players do not play. and you think your favorite players are the solution but thats your opinion, others may disagree. you rationalize your views and opinions, others can do the same. thats how the world works. so let us not get too tied up into it and enjoy the sport. I am not even claiming to be a patriot or asking you to be one. neither am I asking you to be a blind cultist nor proudly claim to be one myself.

I just say as pakistan cricket fans, we should all remain positive and support the team. thats it. Patriotism and love of sport are two different things.

there is just no middle ground with our people. either you are a patriot or a blind cultist?

All I am saying is.. its not doom and gloom if your favorite players do not play. and you think your favorite players are the solution but thats your opinion, others may disagree. you rationalize your views and opinions, others can do the same. thats how the world works. so let us not get too tied up into it and enjoy the sport. I am not even claiming to be a patriot or asking you to be one. neither am I asking you to be a blind cultist nor proudly claim to be one myself.

I just say as pakistan cricket fans, we should all remain positive and support the team. thats it. Patriotism and love of sport are two different things.
Oh bhai, if love of sport means that I am going to enjoy a 200run thrashing then keep that love to yourself.

When did I say my favourite players are the solution? None of these people are my favourite players. I'm saying choose genuine players and groom them, but if they do not perform then drop them.

England did just that. Jason Roy has won so many games but now that he isn't performing, he got dropped, with Butler even calling and saying no hard feelings.

Look at England's selection criteria and look at ours?

How can I support a team when the team itself doesn't even support each other? It supports certain individuals over others.

Funny thing is in 2017 we were not like this. Mickey rightfully identified nepotism and outright dropped ahemed shezad, if it were any other team the guy wouldn't even get 30 matches let alone the 100+ we've give him.

He made good selections and we had a good team to win us the cup.

All that got thrown out the window as soon as babar was incharge and misbah came back to destroy the team.

You know damn well babar cares about milestones and his friends more then the team.

So yes, you are 110% being a blind cultist hiding behind that sorry "love the sport" excuse, so much so that you're analogy is that of wanting me to slit my wrists for expressing genuine criticism and frustration that so many of is feel.

Back