Who will be in your final Pakistan 15-member squad for the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

Who will be in your final Pakistan 15-member squad for the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

• Total voters
I guess he is going to be there. Might as well be there in 15.
I would much rather put in Asif Ali or even Khushdil Shah (who can bowl a bit) over Agha. You are better off being able to call these types of players in instead of Agha. Yes he can build towards an innings but he’s not the kind of player that will hurt the opposition much even on his day.

On slow wickets, you should opt for the extra power.

Hasan Ali out as expected. Salman and Niazi will be others cut from the squad. The 15 has most likely been finalised. I don't see Saim/Shadab etc. being dropped.

Salman Ali should of been selected for the home series against NZ but the management mis managing as usual.

He is the sort of 3 dimensional player that can score tough runs that every team needs in a WC squad.

If Shadab s form with the ball continues to dip Salman can be an ideal replacement.

He has to go to the WC.

They have seemingly have taken Rauf with hope more than anything.

They need his pace despite reckless line & length, expensive overs & obvious change in variations.
Pace alone does not work at international level. At the moment Haris Rauf has a sort of a narrow skill set. He needs to play first class cricket to learn the craft of pace bowling and become a complete pace bowler. Harif Rauf is a product of T20 cricket, who hasn't impressed in any other format. If you don't grow and evolve as a pacer, it is only a matter of time before you are found out and stop being effective.

How stupid is it that Pakistan is only team that hasn't announced their squad yet? Just goes to show how clueless everyone running the show is. The World Cup is literally two weeks out. Reminds me of when I was in uni and there would always be this kid who would be frantically reading his notes in the exam hall, 2 minutes before the start of the exam.

Not sure what PCB was thinking when they made the 1st t20 game against England, the benchmark for the squad. That was a stupid decision to wait for the last moment. WHat are they gonna do now?

Panic mode is on I guess

Has Hassan Ali been released from the squad and also wouldn't be a part of the WC?

I just heard this not sure if this is true.

Wasn't expecting him either way to be a part of the WC squad anyway.

Not sure what PCB was thinking when they made the 1st t20 game against England, the benchmark for the squad. That was a stupid decision to wait for the last moment. WHat are they gonna do now?

Panic mode is on I guess
Who told you they made that the benchmark? You've been saying this all along. They just said earlier that they would announce squad after 1st T20I

They already have the squad.

Who told you they made that the benchmark? You've been saying this all along. They just said earlier that they would announce squad after 1st T20I

They already have the squad.
Why wait for 1st t20 bro? what exactly is the reason for this 1st t20 be the last game before they announce the squad?

It makes no sense to wait for last day when you have already finalized the squad as you said.

Why wait for 1st t20 bro? what exactly is the reason for this 1st t20 be the last game before they announce the squad?

It makes no sense to wait for last day when you have already finalized the squad as you said.
They wanted to announce on the last day. The squad was more or less set and I reckon they persisted with their last day plan is because they were unsure about Irfan Niazi.

They wanted to announce on the last day. The squad was more or less set and I reckon they persisted with their last day plan is because they were unsure about Irfan Niazi.
Irfan did not get a single game during Ireland tour. How are they gonna make sure by playing irfan in just 1 game that too was washed out. Now what?

Absolute shambles is PCB i wouldnt even have Azam Khan in my squad but clearly his heroics in last two matches against Ireland after failure in the first game is enough!!!

Even minnows knew their best 15 before PAK. But then again , it was only about 1 player being cut. Agha and Hasan were never making it.

Hasan is already out. SO I think now, Irfan might also not be there along with one of Usman/saim or salman.

PCB is a mess actually. They don't know what to do with this team.
Nothing new this. They continue to get talent because kids aspire to become cricketers and they play with whatever limited resources they have. But PCB continue to be lazy, incompetent and rigid about all things Cricket and its development.

Hasan is already out. SO I think now, Irfan might also not be there along with one of Usman/saim or salman.
I think Usman will be in. Because one of their reasons for adding him would be to avoid backlash from media. As if you all remembered PCB brought in Usman from UAE.

I think Usman will be in. Because one of their reasons for adding him would be to avoid backlash from media. As if you all remembered PCB brought in Usman from UAE.
You never know. Pcb might drop him in the end.

Although IMO, he should have played those 3 games against ireland even if they have to rest riz for that but it is pcb.

Here goes,

1. Babar
2. Fakhar
3. Saim
4. Usman
5. Imad
6. Azam
7. Shaheen
8. Amir
9. Naseem
10. Abrar
11. Abbas
12. Rizwan (can’t avoid this guy even if I wanted to)
13. Rauf
14. Muhammad Harris
15. Aamer Jamal

16. Shadab
17. Muhammad Ali
18. Asif Ali

Last edited by a moderator:
How stupid is it that Pakistan is only team that hasn't announced their squad yet? Just goes to show how clueless everyone running the show is. The World Cup is literally two weeks out. Reminds me of when I was in uni and there would always be this kid who would be frantically reading his notes in the exam hall, 2 minutes before the start of the exam.
I would say because of Kirsten joining up for the england series.

He probably wants to see and make a quick assessment.

I would say because of Kirsten joining up for the england series.

He probably wants to see and make a quick assessment.
What kind of assessment can you make in a week? He just came in. He is probably relying on information he is getting from Azhar Mahmood and Wahab Riaz.

What kind of assessment can you make in a week? He just came in. He is probably relying on information he is getting from Azhar Mahmood and Wahab Riaz
He will know the core of players they are taking through Azhar , Wahab and by watching but its just the the last few spaces they will want kirsten s input and decision on.

If we look at the squad we know that Saim , Babar, Riz, Fakhar, Ifti, Imad, Shadab, Amir, Shaheen, Naseem, Rauf, Azam K, Abrar are certain.

That leaves 2 spaces between 3. Abbas Afridi, Salman Ali, Usman K.

I reckon they will take Abbas and Usman

I would take Salman Ali and Usman because Abbas wont play ahead of the big 4 pacers so will waste a spot.

The only match I think we will play 4 pacers in is N Y.

These guys are basically confirmed to make the pick:

Babar
Rizwan
Fakhar
Saim
Iftikhar
Imad
Shadab
Amir
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
Azam
Abbas Afridi
Abrar

The only question mark is the last spot which is between Usman Khan and Irfan Khan. Just select one and get it over with. You're not going to learn anything ground-breaking about these players in another day or even after the next match.

Stand by!

The Pakistan men's team for the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2024 will be announced at 8.15pm PST

Back