Why does the Indian cricket team always try to copy the others when it comes to iconic celebration moments?

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
I find it abit odd that while Indians feel very proud about their country and promote their nationalism everywhere, ironically every time they manage to win something in cricket, they have looked to copy the Western world. Below are some proofs

1. In 2012, West Indies wins the World T20, and celebrate it by doing a few pushups and do the gangnym style dance. An year later, Indian team would try to copy the style of celebration

2. In 2022, Sports Legend, Messed ended up winning the Iconic Fifa World Cup and celebrated by walking slowing walk to the trophy. After 2 years, someone called Rohit Sharma wins a World T20 and tries to copy him

3. Next day, while someone clicks a pic of Messi with the trophy in the bed, the bcci pr team tried to recreate the photo with a half naked rohit sharma trying to pretend he's asleep with a world t20 trophy

1727735526883.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What's next? Why do Indians always try to copy eating French fries from France?

Why do Indians always sleep for 8-12 hrs like the rest of the planet?

Why do Indians shower with water and soap and shampoo like the rest of the planet?

Why do Indians have cultural weddings like Any other Asian culture?

I don't get the point of this thread? Since when was it a crime to copy Messi? Messi is one of the most famous people in the world, has nearly 1/4th of every user following him on Instagram alone. So many people have copied the sleeping celebration? What's the issue?

At least Rohit did messi celebration after winning a world cup. On other hand our village idiot shanto did it after winning a test series and now getting smacked into oblivion in the next series

At least Rohit did messi celebration after winning a world cup. On other hand our village idiot shanto did it after winning a test series and now getting smacked into oblivion in the next series
Huh? It was a big moment for Bangladesh cricket?

Them whitewashing pakistan in their home den in Cricket's most historic format Is far superior to them whitewashing pakistan in an odi series in their own den.

They deserved the celebration.

They have 2011 + this current buddei babei league that concluded to thank Misbah.

No team would have lost chasing 130 with over 27 overs to spare and 7 wickets in hand with that garbo Indian attack in 2011.

It wasn't even a case of being bowled out, it was a case of rr going from under 4 to over 10 thanks to Misbah.

He did against England as well where he was forced to retire cause pcb had to eventually draw a line.

Love you Misbah

Them whitewashing pakistan in their home den in Cricket's most historic format Is far superior to them whitewashing pakistan in an odi series in their own den.

Yeah but not that Messi celebration

They apparently should have smashed India too now having beaten Pakistan.

Don't care how they celebrate as long as they create enough moments to actually do that.

Love you Misbah

He'd always start at a 20 to 30 sr irrespective of the situation. Didn't matter if holding the line was required or pakistan was actually off to a flier, from 2007 to 20q5 it was the norm.

By the end of his innings, he'd catch up to a 75 SR, by hitting a few sixes here and their and either getting out or going not out at the 50th.

But the thing about his catching up was that he would always catch up when their was no possibility of actually winning the game.

His sa game in 2013 is another example of Pakistan easily winning but misbah played the same way and the other end started collapsing.

In reality he's a 40 SR batter in odi, who catches upto 70 when the game is over.

Also the time was not perfect for that celebration when a tough series was coming up 2 weeks later. Now after the India series many people are indicating Pakistan lost the series more than BD won it. So how does the celebration looks like now? To me silly

Yeah but not that Messi celebration
Why? It's not a big deal and you're looking too much into it.

Their is nothing wrong with celebrating a victory.

Heck if pakistan won games I wouldn't have any issue with any of their nonsense cake celebrations. But that's not what occurs.

For example, I didn't mind their cake celebration when they became no 1 in odi by besting c team NZ, it's a historic moment for pakistan irrespective how fraudulent of an achievement it was and they weren't actually no 1.

However the King Karlei ga mantra is insulting for obvious reasons as its clear as day Babar isn't even top 20 batters in the world atm and he himself knows this but PR still finds excuses.

Similarly shaheen's celebrations of going wicketless throughout the entire 1st test but finally getting hasan Mahmud's wicket was beyond insulting.

Seriously Mahmud can barely bat? Why was shaheen acting like he took a 5 fer? His celebration was insane 🤣🤣, never seen a guy so happy for hasan mahmud lol.

Bangladesh and any team can celebrate in whichever manner they wish as long as their winning.

Pakistan celebrates like this even when their losing. Big difference.

Also the time was not perfect for that celebration when a tough series was coming up 2 weeks later. Now after the India series many people are indicating Pakistan lost the series more than BD won it. So how does the celebration looks like now? To me silly
Pakistan did not lose the series and throw it away. Give respect to Bangladesh.

India is a professional team, and while some of their legends are has beens, They still have a world class batting unit with Pant, Jaiswal, Gill, Jadeja etc and the best bowling unit of this era led by the best bowler of this era.

Their was no chance of beating India especially in their own den beyond maybe fluking an unlikely victory but otherwise India would mollywop them.

Bangladesh vs Pakistan is a different story, Pakistan got outplayed from every angle.

Pakistani pacers could not bowl over 135 and were a non factor, Besides khurram every pacer felt like a women cricketer including shaheen. It felt like club level bowling and that attack wouldn't threaten anyone. Meanwhile Hasan Mahmud, Rana as well as the spinners were clearly above Pakistan's batting caliber.

None of the batters could read rana's pace irrespective of hisnline and length, this coupled with hasan mahmud's line and length it was a killer combo + spinners. Since Pakistan has Abdullah Shafique, Shan masood, 2 walking wickets by default, and Babar + Rizwan + saud + Agha are all walking wickets to rana, Mahmud and spin anyway. Rizwan's playstyle was also unprofessional for international standards.

No test batter just takes singles and let's your no 8 to no 11 face over 90% of the deliveries on the final day when the batting has collapsed, let alone the fact that rizzu did it 2x in both test games.

Compare that to someone like Liton Das, who showed how a professional international batsmen responsibly bats with tail enders and makes sure the lead is non existent and non relevant.

Bangladesh were better in batting, fielding, bowling, captaincy and attitude + professionalism towards pakistan. Pakistan didn't lose it or botch it or choke like Sputh Africa typically does.

They were outplayed plain and simple.

But to Bangladeshis have the same blind nationalism crises that Indians have?

Like, i dont care how one wants to celebrate, but when you have told your children stories of the evil west, and how one should take pride in being Indian and critisizing everything that makes India be inferior, than why copy the West than?

Like the other day, we saw a bunch of NRIs going crazy that how dare Virat and his wife live in UK and not in India

Winning away test series in Pakistan was actually a very big achievement specially with 2-0 score. A huge historic moment in BD cricket. I don't recall anything bigger than this.

Getting smacked by India in India does not take away what they achieved in Pakistan. You are being too harsh.

Nah, BD won the series. Score was not 1-0 win by luck. Score was 2-0.

You can't criticize any team for doing poorly in India. At least not take credit away from previous great performance.

This is the main problem for pakistan ,they should learn from india so atleast they can win at home .

Nothing wrong to copy good things from others .

This thread is really not about french chips and Misbah and younis khan performances.

I hope you guys can talk thins relevant to the topic now.

Like, i dont care how one wants to celebrate, but when you have told your children stories of the evil west, and how one should take pride in being Indian and critisizing everything that makes India be inferior, than why copy the West than?

Like the other day, we saw a bunch of NRIs going crazy that how dare Virat and his wife live in UK and not in India

What is the relation between Virat staying in the UK and this celebration?

Messi is not from the West. He's Argentinian.

What is the relation between Virat staying in the UK and this celebration?

Messi is not from the West. He's Argentinian.
Basically everything is West except India which is east.

Even pakistan is west despite being connected. Even china which is the definition of the most east nation of asia is also West now.

We have a new map, techtonic plates have shifted. The earth is now flat 🫠.

We don’t hate the West. We hate the UK in particular. We admire the West for how good they are at developing their countries. Hating the West and yet using their technologies is the job of the Pakistanis and the Bangladeshis.​

Don’t think @Major bhai had any malice in his heart. He’s been misunderstood like always. The influence of the western culture is actually a matter of concern and copy culture is anyway not a good thing.

Sanatan Dharma teaches vinarmata which is not being practiced in these incidents.

When Pak beat Namibia in T20 World Cup they visited there dressing room. Then India beat Scotland & did the same thing. (There was no such trend)

Bollywood’s not called copywood for nothing.indians are generally dull & devoid of any ideas.

When Pak beat Namibia in T20 World Cup they visited there dressing room. Then India beat Scotland & did the same thing. (There was no such trend)

Bollywood’s not called copywood for nothing.indians are generally dull & devoid of any ideas.

Indian team had visited Nepal dressing room during the Asia Cup.

Pakistanis don't decide trends.

Pakistanis are generally jealous of India's success. They try to pass off their failure as Tailunt/Style/Flair/Unpredictable/Exciting/ consipracy/PCB ki nani mar gayi etc.

What do you mean by blind nationalism, what you need to understand about India is not we have 140 crore people, it's impossible for anyone to create one narrative about India.

And Pakistanis are originals?

I didn't know the West Indies were part of the "western world" lol. First time I have ever seen them being put in that category.

Personally though I find both these celebrations to be cringe.
This

Plus both Windies and Indians were trying to mimic Gangnam style which was all the rage 2012-13. Only Windies got better moves :djb

This

Plus both Windies and Indians were trying to mimic Gangnam style which was all the rage 2012-13. Only Windies got better moves :djb
The fargo strut is more offensive to me as a wrestling fan. Both Messi and Rohit blew it with that one. Don't imitate the Nature Boy if you don't know how to do it right.

Indian team had visited Nepal dressing room during the Asia Cup.

Pakistanis don't decide trends.

Pakistanis are generally jealous of India's success. They try to pass off their failure as Tailunt/Style/Flair/Unpredictable/Exciting/ consipracy/PCB ki nani mar gayi etc.
Does india even have its own identity?

Like what were they trying to do when they made rohit go with the world t20 trophy

What do you mean by blind nationalism, what you need to understand about India is not we have 140 crore people, it's impossible for anyone to create one narrative about India.
The moment you wrote We probably answered your post.

When was the last time an indian critisized his country or bcci around here?

We don’t hate the West. We hate the UK in particular. We admire the West for how good they are at developing their countries. Hating the West and yet using their technologies is the job of the Pakistanis and the Bangladeshis.​
Do you really? The moment someone doesnt praise india or look at india from a positive lense you start a boycott brigade. Like was it the snapchat app that made indians go crazy or was it some other app??

You guys keep bring in Pakistan, but never have pakistanis had a blind nationalism issue, it has always been India.

So to be proud of yourself all the time, yet when it comes to an iconic celebration you still need to copy others.

Seeing that this is a trend in the bollywood movies aswell, maybe Indians have an identity crises and look to always copy others

Does india even have its own identity?

Like what were they trying to do when they made rohit go with the world t20 trophy
Their the 5th largest economy in the world, and are a massive threat to USA on surpassing it within due time, something USA themselves agree on?

They won't surpass USA in man power or nuke power but they'll defo surpass them in industry power within the next 50 to 100 years and achieve the next superpower status?

even at their current level theyve clearly made a mark on the planet alongside USA, China, Germany, Japan, UK, France, Italy and Brazil.

Every other country like canada, Pakistan, and Even developed nations like Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia etc very very dependant on other countries for resources and can't self sustain themselves without foreign country manpower and friendly relations. Even Arab nations are dependant on each Arab nation for sustainability?

Russia is the only exception beyond the countries I've mentioned but that's mostly because they take and acquire and invade and do alot of illegal practises in general to steal resources not because their self sufficient on their own.

So yes, I'd say they have a massive massive identity considering in terms of sports, Their the major reason why cricket even has such a fan following being 2nd only to football in terms of viewers and popularity.

No offence but this thread is a joke post and I seriously question if you weren't drunk when you made this.

I troll Indian posters on occasion as well because I feel they hype their players a bit too much, but the country of India itself alongside their global resources and talent is sky high. Their biggest gripe however is excess poverty in many areas due to their overwhelming population and ro sustain such a massive economy, The divide between the rich and poor has to an necessary evil that can't be prevented.

When Pakistan fans don't have anything to say about indian cricket team performance because they are winnings the match after Match so tell me when will be Pakistan recover?? :kp

It's an embarrassing Ind trait. I remember when Australia started to use the term- team Australia and straight away the Inds started to use the term. Apparently the Ind cricket was too old school.

It's an embarrassing Ind trait. I remember when Australia started to use the term- team Australia and straight away the Inds started to use the term. Apparently the Ind cricket was too old school.
Men In Blue, Jadeja’s sword there are many Indian ones too but you guys label that as cringe ..

the ones i mentioned in op are just a few.
There are interviews where rohit sharma goes on about how he loves the chicago bulls and how jordan has done soo much for them. I bet he never watched a whole nba game and probably watched a netflix season by the name of last dance.

such wannabes.

There are interviews where rohit sharma goes on about how he loves the chicago bulls and how jordan has done soo much for them. I bet he never watched a whole nba game and probably watched a netflix season by the name of last dance.

such wannabes.

^ Somebody sounds jealous of indian cricketers.

I don't think anyone can replicate that little swordplay, its pretty dangerous to copy.
In all honesty I don’t think of it as cringe as i did before as tbf to him the guy has performed in test cricket.

such wannabes.
Just because you and your cricketers don't know anything about NBA doesn't mean ours don't.

Men In Blue, Jadeja’s sword there are many Indian ones too but you guys label that as cringe ..
As long as they are Ind in nature, then it's sounds genuine. It's the apeing of Australia and Western Culture that is cringe. Why copy them when their living depends on the IPL. I would force them to learn Hindi and make them gave interviews in Hindi. Desi guys are made to feel small for not speaking English, well strike back on their behalf

Just because you and your cricketers don't know anything about NBA doesn't mean ours don't.
What do your guys know about basketball that ours don't. It shows you guys value anything Western as better and your traditions as rubbish. Why doesn't Rohit talk about Kabbadi greats or Iti Talla( it's a Pothwari Punjabi game) probably called something else in Ind Punjab

What do your guys know about basketball that ours don't. It shows you guys value anything Western as better and your traditions as rubbish. Why doesn't Rohit talk about Kabbadi greats or Iti Talla( it's a Pothwari Punjabi game) probably called something else in Ind Punjab
What does it matter what traditions the players talk about.

We are on a cricket forum - a sport which literally has a history of colonial domination more so than others - an elite private school sport as you probably know.

And we are all conversing in the English language.

So we can easily conclude that everyone here is ashamed of all their traditions.

As long as they are Ind in nature, then it's sounds genuine. It's the apeing of Australia and Western Culture that is cringe. Why copy them when their living depends on the IPL. I would force them to learn Hindi and make them gave interviews in Hindi. Desi guys are made to feel small for not speaking English, well strike back on their behalf
Problem is Punjab Kings XI chap will need to learn Punjabi
RCB chap Kannada
Sunrisers chap Telugu
KKR chap Bengali
Mumbai Indians chap Marathi
Gujarat Titans chap Gujarati
Rajasthan Royals chaps Hindi
Lucknow Super Giants Urdu
CSK Tamil
Delhi Capital- Benstokes Hindi

And with an auction and mini auction the foreigners will be spending more time in language centre than in the nets- bit like "mind your language"- unless they decide to stick to DC or RR.

PS :leespeaking in Hindi is cringe...

What's embarassing is India just beat a team in 2 days while the same team blanked pakistan team 2-0.

Look i would not mind when these guys may copy others.

But than for me its ironic. A country that promotes indian nationalism, looks down on everyone and will lay down for praises and think others are bad and are uncultured, yet they copy them.

The other day a poster had issue where kohli lives and joshilla kept on saying he hasnt moved yet

Back