Wicket keeping gloves, HELP

finalfantasy7

First Class Player
Runs
I'M looking for some gloves, i havent played for 5-6yrs, but played a match 4 days ago- will be joining my old team,
so i will be just turning up to training this summer, as ive lost some of my agility and diving skills whilst holding onto ball. will be playing proper 1st matches next summer- as both teams have full squad.

so last time i played - i used my friends gloves - he still got them - but their totally worn out and very hard in middle- ball just pop's out, also no feeling

so can you lot recommend some gloves to me ( friends have told me to look for some which have leather inside of palm): money no problem - still like a deal:).
Also should i buy those inner padded gloves - some friends recommended them, others say u sweat too much?

I can't go to a cricket shop as nottingham only has decathlon - rubbish, gona have to but it online.

Last edited:
@ grand master
The prices ajit provide r 25% higher than other online sites in india but with ajit u r assured of quality n he provides exactly what u wanted, so his higher prices r acceptable. But again communication is a problem as I mailed him since 3 days but no reply from his side :)

it depends how u like to feel the ball in your hands. according to that i can help u choose some gloves bcoz im also a wicket keeper.

@ munaf4u - If Ajit does not reply back, just ignore him. There are so many options (if you are in India); you can try flipkart, cricketershop or Khelmart. You should personally visit one of the local store, try your hands in all the brand available and finalize on one. If you find it cheaper at store, you can directly buy it or else you can order it online which takes 3-5 working days to deliver.

it depends how u like to feel the ball in your hands. according to that i can help u choose some gloves bcoz im also a wicket keeper.

Well i havent tested many gloves, so i can't really say,

Really all i can say that i would like some gloves which are light/breathable/comfort padding.

Can you give me more ideas on what i should summarise better for you lot- really in my head im only thinking about comfort and light gloves - but can light gloves have good comfort?

Last edited:
1 last question,
why are these so much more expensive than the older model:
Kookaburra Players Wicket Keeping Gloves 2013 - Red/Yellow/White colour scheme - retailing between £110-£140
Older model - Kookaburra 1000 Wicket Keeping Gloves 2013 - £75-£80

all my friends at club keep telling to look for gloves which have leather inside of glove (palm area)- for best comfort, but im the kind of guy who just gets on with things and wont moan

i'd recommend the kookaburra players wicket keeping gloves. i think that they r expensive than the older model bcoz they have a better grip to the ball and they are comfier too.

i'd recommend the kookaburra players wicket keeping gloves. i think that they r expensive than the older model bcoz they have a better grip to the ball and they are comfier too.

ok, they are very expensive - which is putting me off, could you recommend any others, so i can read reviews.
Also zaid do you use the inner padded gloves?,
my friend keeps recommended me buying them but i can remember last time when i used to play i never wore them (but my hands did hurt after) - i just dont want to sweat that much~making the wicket keeping gloves slide off ( as i do sweat a lot from my hands)

oh they r compulsory. But unfortunately they arent available in pakistan so easily. but i once got a pair after looking for them at a thousand shops. but now they arent so rare bcoz now you can find them anywhere easily. i'd say go for the ss gloves that dhoni uses. the i think r called ss camouflage. they are quite cheep.

oh they r compulsory. But unfortunately they arent available in pakistan so easily. but i once got a pair after looking for them at a thousand shops. but now they arent so rare bcoz now you can find them anywhere easily. i'd say go for the ss gloves that dhoni uses. the i think r called ss camouflage. they are quite cheep.

ok cool, last question.... for the wicket-keeping inners - which material would you recommend, padded chamois or padded cotton?
im assuming the padded cotton would be more breathable,

padded chamois always, better durability, comfort, protection and they are beter for sweat too.

@ munaf4u - If Ajit does not reply back, just ignore him. There are so many options (if you are in India); you can try flipkart, cricketershop or Khelmart. You should personally visit one of the local store, try your hands in all the brand available and finalize on one. If you find it cheaper at store, you can directly buy it or else you can order it online which takes 3-5 working days to deliver.

brother i m in ZAMBIA (central africa) and i m buying a lot of stuff from flipkar, jabong, snapdeal etc but in reality although the price is 30% low on this store but as far as bats are concerned they r not checking it or u can say there is no professional who hand pick the bats, so u r not sure that u will get top notch quality or not but ajit picks best willow possible. so for softs its better to buy online if possible.

I'd say go for Kookaburras. Those are the last 3 pairs I've had and they've been really good to me. I had the green and yellow Haddin signature series first and then the red and black Haddin 1000s. Last month I got the new Players 2013 White, yellow and red series. Haven't had a chance to test them out yet but will restart regular cricket after the semester break. Will post a review here. If price of the players series is an issue, I would suggest go for the 2013 1000 series. The quality is almost the same with a significant difference in price:
store.ecb.co.uk/kookaburra-1000-wicket-keeper-gloves-854081

I usually play with double inners. Puma padded inners over regular white Readers inners. They haven't given me any problems so far.

Back