Will Manchester City 2022/23 win the treble?

Will Manchester City 2022/23 win the treble?

• No, they will win nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's the depth of the squad that is the key.

They have 2 or 3 players who are fighting for every position and that intensifies the desire to perform.

Also their leaders, week in, week out play at a very high standard.

Massive amount of respect to them.

They have 2 or 3 players who are fighting for every position and that intensifies the desire to perform.

At start of February manager was calling players out in regards to desire and hunger and 4 months later then have won the treble.

Other clubs celebrate mediocrity. While City have such high standards

Manchester City's long quest to win the Champions League finally ended in triumph against Inter Milan in Istanbul as Pep Guardiola's side completed the Treble.

After winning the Premier League and FA Cup, City emulated Manchester United's triple trophy haul in 1999 as they became only the second English club to achieve the feat after Rodri's crisp 68th-minute strike settled an attritional final.

Guardiola's all-conquering side were never at their best against a brilliantly organised Inter and had to cope with the loss of Kevin De Bruyne to injury in the first half.

But the massed ranks of City fans inside Ataturk Stadium did not care about that as they joyously celebrated the greatest night - and season - in the club's history.

And for Guardiola, it seals his status as one of the managerial greats as he added a third Champions League to the two he won at Barcelona, the last coming in 2011.

This was never the walkover many predicted and City had to survive a few scares when Federico Dimarco's header bounced off the bar and Ederson made a stunning late save to deny Romelu Lukaku but ultimately this was all about the victory.

Now Guardiola and his players can take their place in history.

At start of February manager was calling players out in regards to desire and hunger and 4 months later then have won the treble.

Other clubs celebrate mediocrity. While City have such high standards

That's the difference between good and great managers.

Done and dusted.

They will go down in history.

What a squad, what a manager.

Pep is a revolutionary manager. He came to England where no one thought tiki taki football would work, but he's shown there are higher levels to the game utliising skill and intelligence both on and off the pitch.

I didn't think they would do it, not because they aren't good enough but more because it's almost impossible to do

We saw how close it was at times, they weren't great in the FA Cup final and were a fraction away of it going to extra time and even tonight they weren't great either and also a fraction away of it going into.extra time

I am though glad they did it, not because I care for City but I've been a big fan of Pep since his Barca days and think he's brilliant, he's even unlucky in this competition since leaving Barca so he deserves a bit of luck to go his way

Now that the monkey is off the back I can see them winning a few CL, maybe not back to back but wouldn't surprise me if they won 2/3 out of the next 5, by which time Howe will be ready to crush them :)

I think the depth of the City squad is actually exaggerated by people

They have the smallest squad in the league and also they use the least amount of players

However what he does have is 17/18 top players that he trusts and have bought into his system

Also he has players that are versatile, Bernardo for example can play as part of the front 3 or the midfield 3. Then you have the CB's who play as full backs and then Stones who is playing in midfield in this new role

I think the depth of the City squad is actually exaggerated by people

They have the smallest squad in the league and also they use the least amount of players

However what he does have is 17/18 top players that he trusts and have bought into his system

Also he has players that are versatile, Bernardo for example can play as part of the front 3 or the midfield 3. Then you have the CB's who play as full backs and then Stones who is playing in midfield in this new role

When I say depth, I mean the quality of the resources, the backups, rather than the number of players.

If I was a betting man....

City simply play the ball around better than any other team. Their passing, movement and clinical finishing is up there in history.

There are only 4 teams which can go toe to toe with City. LFC - Bayern and Real/Napoli(on form).

Its a huge achievement to win the treble. Congratulations to Pep and his club.

However I dont think they will dominate the CL for years to come.

If I was a betting man....

City simply play the ball around better than any other team. Their passing, movement and clinical finishing is up there in history.

There are only 4 teams which can go toe to toe with City. LFC - Bayern and Real/Napoli(on form).

Its a huge achievement to win the treble. Congratulations to Pep and his club.

However I dont think they will dominate the CL for years to come.

Napoli as good as they have been tend to choke in Europe, as was the case in this seasons CL.

Bayern and Real are now undergoing rebuilds. Bayern could be letting as many as 6 or 7 players go and are looking to bring new players in.

Real have lost Benzema, and modric and Kronos are at end of their career. Real need to make a huge number 9 signing to replace benzemas 25+ goals a season, plus Bellingham, touchemani and camavingha need time to become Reals driving force in midfield.

So City should loom to dominate.

Liverpool have started their midfield rebuild but remember you are in EL not the CL.

Manchester City a cut above the rest , the abundance of talent they have a player like Alvarez has already won 18 trophies in his 4-5 year football career hardly played half of the games for City and in EPL, Arsenal Manchester United Chelsea nobody has player of that calibre . Also the creativity and innovation bought by Guardiola is unparallel, the flexibility in City lineup is such that they shift their system to numerous formations with such silk and breeze that it is nightmare for opposition.
3-2-4-1 becomes 4-1-4-1 and then 4-2-3-1 its artistry and magic at best

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] How credible is this achievement, considering money spend in transfers, dubious activity behind the scenes and alleged financial misconduct ?

Congratulations to them. They’ve been by far the best club side in Europe across this season and have barely lost a game. I actually thought that Inter played their part and did quite well last night, putting the champions-elect under some genuine tactical and physical pressure in a way that many sides have been unable to do. But if City did slightly get the rub of the green on the night and (for once) had to rely on some last gasp defending and heroic goalkeeping, they’d more than earned that those little lucky breaks. They deserve to win the Treble.

[MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION] How credible is this achievement, considering money spend in transfers, dubious activity behind the scenes and alleged financial misconduct ?

Everyone has to be treated as innocent until proven guilty. So from a footballing achievement now this team is amazing and could dominate for another decade.

Once the case has been looked at separately then a different judgement can possibly be made.

Parade today in Manchester.

Fantastic scenes for City fans, players and officials.

Thousands of Manchester City fans gathered to celebrate their team's historic Treble as they staged an open-top bus parade through the city.

Blue flares were set off and fans threw inflatable bananas in the air as several of the players went shirtless in the heavy rain.

Manager Pep Guardiola was seen puffing on a cigar as fans climbed lamp-posts.

The parade was delayed by lightning storms. City beat Inter Milan 1-0 in the Champions League final.

It comes after the club clinched the Premier League and FA Cup this season.

Guardiola said his side's Champions League success following Rodri's 68-minute goal was "written in the stars".

_130071046_city.png.webp

_130071264_city2.png.webp

Marcus Rashford has admitted that Manchester City completing the treble by winning the Champions League was a difficult moment to watch as a Manchester United player

Looks like gudogan and bernado leaving, kovacic coming in.

Gavidol as well, city will probably get another midfielder as well. Pep already making changes and freshening things up.

Back