Would it surprise you if the rumors about Babar Azam remaining the white-ball captain turn out to be true?

You have the mental maturity level of a toddler. I hope that you finally grow up one day and learn to let go of this unhealthy obsession with a cricket player who doesn't even know you exist.
Answer the question then, who would you choose between Rizwan and Asif Ali to lead Pakistan in T20s. Man up

Answer the question then, who would you choose between Rizwan and Asif Ali to lead Pakistan in T20s. Man up
I would make my pet dog captain before I made Asif Ali captain. I think you have be completely out of your mind to even suggest Asif Ali should play for Pakistan again, let alone be captain.

I would play with 10 players than have Asif Ali. I hope that should answer your question.

Rizwan is a million times better than Asif Ali in all formats. It is like comparing David Warner and Sharjeel Khan.

I would play with 10 players than have Asif Ali. I hope that should answer your question.

Rizwan is a million times better than Asif Ali in all formats. It is like comparing David Warner and Sharjeel Khan.
Yeah no wonder you are always going into hiding afterwards having talked yourself into embarrassment

No need to play with the gamble, Babar as captain hasn't won anything let Rizwan take the reins from him.

That’s an ironic statement from someone who advocates Asif Ali for captaincy.
How’s it ironic knowing how you went into hiding after claiming Babar will win the T20 World Cup….but then lost to USA?

Prepare for your next hiding place too after the Champion’s trophy next year.

Bro you have a strange habit of jinx-ing everything

You said rizwan > Carey yet on that same day Carey played a match saving and winning innings for his country batting beautifully with the tail.

You advocated for rizzu yet he just got dismissed on a duck?

How’s it ironic knowing how you went into hiding after claiming Babar will win the T20 World Cup….but then lost to USA?

Prepare for your next hiding place too after the Champion’s trophy next year.
Please quote the post where I said that Babar will win the T20 WC 2024.

Bro you have a strange habit of jinx-ing everything

You said rizwan > Carey yet on that same day Carey played a match saving and winning innings for his country batting beautifully with the tail.

You advocated for rizzu yet he just got dismissed on a duck?
One innings doesn’t mean much. Carey is an OK player at best, Rizwan is superior for sure.

Australia’s WK post Gilchrist have been so poor that Carey is probably the best of the bunch and he has been far from great. Same goes for the likes of Wade.

One innings doesn’t mean much. Carey is an OK player at best, Rizwan is superior for sure.

Australia’s WK post Gilchrist have been so poor that Carey is probably the best of the bunch and he has been far from great. Same goes for the likes of Wade.
Inglis > Wade > Carey just saying.

Please quote the post where I said that Babar will win the T20 WC 2024.
A chawwal like you said “I will have the last laugh”. All of my brothers here are witness to your filthy arrogance which fell face flat in the first round of the T20 World Cup.

Go and look up your own downfall from that time.

A chawwal like you said “I will have the last laugh”. All of my brothers here are witness to your filthy arrogance which fell face flat in the first round of the T20 World Cup.

Go and look up your own downfall from that time.
That last laugh wasn’t based on the idea that Pakistan would win the World Cup.

Let me repeat what I said on record.

That last laugh was for the fact that bringing back Imad and Amir would do absolutely nothing to boost Pakistan’s chances of winning the World Cup.

Pakistan was a poor team with and without those two so dragging them out of retirement was a waste of time.

I didn’t just have the last laugh, I had the biggest laugh of my entire life as Amir bowled the worst Super Over in history (who concedes 19 runs vs USA?) and Imad played one of the worst innings in T20I history was India, two defeats that finished off Pakistan.

The only people who fell flat on their faces were the fools who championed for Amir and Imad to be brought back because apparently their experience and mentality would be hugely beneficial. We saw how that panned out.

Pakistan in T20 World Cup under Babar but without Amir and Imad = finalist

Pakistan in T20 World Cup under Babar with Amir and Imad = group stage.

Beautiful. :klopp

Inglis > Wade > Carey just saying.
But none of them are that good. Australia’s failure to produce an elite WK post Gilchrist doesn’t get talked about enough.

Almost every Test nation has produced someone in this period, some of them have produced multiple.

Australia is an excellent team right now and they have been for a number of years especially post 2014, but they would have been ever better in this period with a proper WK batsman across formats.

But none of them are that good. Australia’s failure to produce an elite WK post Gilchrist doesn’t get talked about enough.

Almost every Test nation has produced someone in this period, some of them have produced multiple.

Australia is an excellent team right now and they have been for a number of years especially post 2014, but they would have been ever better in this period with a proper WK batsman across formats.
Someone will eventually come up, these 3 have still stepped up when it mattered.

Wade stepped up in 2021, Carrey stepped up yesterday, I glis has 2 t20 centuries. These 3 have played more clutch then rizzu has

Kardar led Pakistan to a test match victory against England in only their second series ever. The series which ended up being a draw was nothing short of a monumental achievement for the time. Especially for a team that had just started playing test cricket, playing against a team that was arguably the best in the world at the time. For context, between 1951-58, England went unbeaten for 14 straight series. And Kardar had a massive role as leader and captain in building that rookie team, out of whom Kardar and Fazal Mahmood were pretty much the only ones who had played professional cricket before playing for Pakistan. Kardar had even played for India pre-partition. People don't realise how massive that test win and series draw was. You can't analyze it from the lens of modern day.

I think Pakistan had a pretty good batting line-up back then. Saeed Anwar, Ijaz, Inzi. Yousuf had come into the side by then. They had a bunch of all-rounders like Razzaq, Afridi, Azhar, who were all proper all-rounders. Even Wasim and Moin were fairly handy with the bat down the order. Pakistan had one of the most well-balanced sides in the format. For me, Pakistan were the second best team at the 1999 WC after South Africa.

IIRC Pakistan lost their first ever series at home to India under Inzamam's captaincy. There were also other notable failures like the tours of England, Australia, South Africa. Failure to win a series in West Indies and ofcourse the 2007 World Cup. It was a period of relative stability only if you compare it to the turbulence of previous and future eras. While I wouldn't call his run as captain a failure, it wasn't a success either. And the Tableeghi stuff is a big part of it because it had a massive effect on our team culture and Inzamam had a big role in encouraging it.

Well alot of things could and should have happened. Before Malik, Younis was seen as the successor to Inzamam. He had even been groomed for the role. But it didn't happen. And while the unfortunate events in Pakistan cricket at the time had a big impact on things, Malik has to take some responsibility himself too. He was described as "aloof", and a person who kept more to himself, rather then someone who was especially egreat at bringing people together or inspiring the team. Everything I have read about his captaincy tells me he was thoroughly unequipped for the role at that stage of his career.

Good discussion.

Understand Kardar’s captaincy is viewed favorably give how we were a new and progressive nation at the time. And he himself was a an educated man who carried himself well. But my question is outside of the 1-1 draw in England - what else did we have to show for in the 1950’s / 60’s? Probably not much if I am being honest with you..

I do disagree Wasim had a strong team in the 99 WC. Ijaz and Salim were past it and Inzy struggled terribly in Uk conditions. Batting was carried by Saeed Anwar and our bowlers did the job to carry us to the Final.

Regarding Inzy’s captaincy - you have to keep context in mind.. Bacl then Indian, Australia were ATG teams. And SL, England, SAF and WI were all very good teams.

His team beat England and India and WI and SL at home and we got a very credible draw away to India, WI and SL.

Also lost a close series to SAF 2-1 which could have gone either way..

But yes agree losing to England, Australia and SAF at home was disappointing.. But in the context of the strength of those teams our results were actually pretty good so I look at Inzy’s captaincy generally favorably.

Agree Malik had personality issues but deserved a longer rope. Results were generally good in his tenure and he had a good reputation from when he was captain of Sialkot. Political instability and back stabbing team mates led to his downfall.

Who are you in real? Jonny English?
Alex Carey performing and saving + winning the game for Australia 2x in a row now?

Babar has no cricketing sense, if we don't have the guts to drop an unfit overweight Babar, at least keep him away from captaincy...

Let's not feed his over-inflated ego...

That last laugh wasn’t based on the idea that Pakistan would win the World Cup.

Let me repeat what I said on record.

That last laugh was for the fact that bringing back Imad and Amir would do absolutely nothing to boost Pakistan’s chances of winning the World Cup.

Pakistan was a poor team with and without those two so dragging them out of retirement was a waste of time.

I didn’t just have the last laugh, I had the biggest laugh of my entire life as Amir bowled the worst Super Over in history (who concedes 19 runs vs USA?) and Imad played one of the worst innings in T20I history was India, two defeats that finished off Pakistan.

The only people who fell flat on their faces were the fools who championed for Amir and Imad to be brought back because apparently their experience and mentality would be hugely beneficial. We saw how that panned out.

Pakistan in T20 World Cup under Babar but without Amir and Imad = finalist

Pakistan in T20 World Cup under Babar with Amir and Imad = group stage.

Beautiful. :klopp

You are right.

When the captain is so bad that even a game of "Go Fish" is beyond his ability, forget Imad or Amir, even Wasim or Imran wouldn't have helped Pakistan win the World Cup.

Watch how Babar makes a fool of himself in Champions Trophy while you stand in the front row clapping his Nepal (sorry I meant Bangladesh) century and giving him a standing ovation for managing to lose it all again.

You are right.

When the captain is so bad that even a game of "Go Fish" is beyond his ability, forget Imad or Amir, even Wasim or Imran wouldn't have helped Pakistan win the World Cup.

Watch how Babar makes a fool of himself in Champions Trophy while you stand in the front row clapping his Nepal (sorry I meant Bangladesh) century and giving him a standing ovation for managing to lose it all again.
You think Babar will be able to score a century against Bangladesh when mehidy, hasan mahmud and rana made it crystal clear that Babar can't play them?

Till the champions trophy, I don't see him going anywhere. PCB's mentality is quite obvious here. Until babar resign himself, PCB is not sending him home.

Rizwan as captain, lol.

Do we want 10 players falling down and grimacing after every shot as if the entire pain of the world is on their shoulders?

If you wanted to make a comedy, Rizwan would be the first name on the list.

Cricket?

Bloke is a fraud who plays for his milestones while deliberately falling down a few times when he reaches near his 50 or 100.

Give me a name of a bloke who has performed better than Riz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me a name of a bloke who has performed better than Riz.
Where has Rizwan performed? Pakistan lost 6 out of 9 World Cup fixtures, one of the wins was through DLS. How has you number 4 ‘performed’ if you’ve lost 70% of your fixtures?

Where has Rizwan performed? Pakistan lost 6 out of 9 World Cup fixtures, one of the wins was through DLS. How has you number 4 ‘performed’ if you’ve lost 70% of your fixtures?
Name a bloke who has performed better than Riz for Pakistan.

Rizwan should take over the white ball captaincy. 3 years until the next ODI World Cup is more than enough period to build a good squad.

Rizwan as captain, lol.

Do we want 10 players falling down and grimacing after every shot as if the entire pain of the world is on their shoulders?

If you wanted to make a comedy, Rizwan would be the first name on the list.

Cricket?

Bloke is a fraud who plays for his milestones while deliberately falling down a few times when he reaches near his 50 or 100.
Please name your teams for all formats and also pick your captain(s).

My ODI side for champions trophy 🏆

Sharjeel Khan
Mohammad Haris
Mohammad Akhlaq(wk)
Saud Shakeel
Azam Khan
Asif Ali(c)
Khushdil Shah
Imad Wasim
Mohammad Amir
Hasnain
Dahani
This side will get shot out for 50

Misbah will remain captain until WC 2015

Sarfaraz will remain captain until WC 2019

Babar will remain captain until CT 2025

Note: The result in 3rd case would be the same as in above cases.

Back