WWE Dream Matches

QalandarFan

ODI Debutant
Runs
When you see a dream match you know it! It's quite simply a dream match because it involves two legends fighting out and putting on a classic.

What are some dream matches you would like to see?

Name the participants, stipulation and arena.

Could Still Happen

Samoa Joe vs Brock Lesnar - No Holds Barred - SummerSlam
These two have been booked as absolute monsters in WWE, they have been unstoppable and I feel WWE should have this match at SummerSlam for the universal title.

John Cena vs Roman Reigns - Singles Match - SummerSlam

The face of WWE for the past decade vs the big dog and the man that has been unstoppable this match should definitely happen this Summer as it would be a hot match and would attract plenty of fans.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Seth Rollins - Hell in a Cell - HIAC
These two men have the same type of respective skills and strengths that would play incredibly off of each other. Seth Rollins makes a great whiny heel who can ooze the frustration he feels in a match. Nakamura is a charismatic show boater who can spend the whole match terrorizing Rollins and getting under his skin.

John Cena vs Undertaker - No Holds Barred - Wresltmania

Probably the two greatest characters in WWE. These two behemoths locking heads would be amazing to see. The Undertaker may have quietly retired but you never know if his surgery goes well this match would be great for next years WM.

Finn Balor vs AJ Styles - Iron Man Match - WrestleMania
Balor and Styles are both great ring-workers who would be able to carry out a long and enjoyable in-ring feud. Both men competed in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Both men at one time led the Bullet Club in Japan, made up of Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows. So this match has a lot of history behind it and these two sure as hell would put on a classic in 60 minutes.

Not gonna happen :( I could put HBK in a hundred times but I wont.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. Randy Orton
Both of them have nicknames that involve snakes and have a evil side to them. They could tell a story in the ring like no other!

Big Show vs Andre the Giant
Andre the Giant was arguably the most captivating wrestler in WWE history, and no one thought we'd ever see another guy like him. But not all that long after Andre's time had passed, Big Show stepped in as the next must-see attraction in pro wrestling. A clash between two of the most polarizing figures to ever set foot in a WWE ring would be a huge draw, even though it wouldn't exactly be a technical classic.

Ricky Steamboat vs. Shawn Michaels

Just imagine HBK the greatest in ring performer of all time vs the most under appreciated and under rated wrestlers of all time. Steamboat has put on a number of epic bouts with legends like Ric Flair and Randy Savage, and you would have to think that a Steamboat/Michaels match would be just amazing, would have loved to see this match in the 90's.

Bret Hart vs. Edge - The Clash of the Canadians!
Well I'm Canadian - Pakistani and I love that these two are from Canada!
They are not only two of Canada's best, but two of pro wrestling's best as well. Bret Hart is the most famous Canadian wrestler in the country's history and is widely recognized as one of the, if not the best technical wrestlers the world has ever seen going up against the ultimate opportunist Edge. That is a hot attraction right there folks!

Brock Lesnar vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Time just didn't work out for this mouth watering prospect! Imagine the unstoppable force of the Attitude Era vs The Beast of the New Era. This match would have been amazing as it inflicts two guys who will tear you apart to win a match.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Randy Orton
Both Orton and Austin have the uncanny ability to keep their characters virtually the same whether they're heel or face, but they still manage to get the support of the crowd. Their finishers are almost alike the main attraction of this match would be RKO vs The Stunner!

John Cena vs. Hulk Hogan

Arguably the two biggest faces the WWE has ever produced this match is something beyond reality it is something you don't even get to see in comic books it's like The Hulk vs Superman this match would produce one of the greatest feuds the world has ever seen.

The Undertaker vs. Sting

Thinking about this it just makes me sad! I thought for sure this match was going down at WrestleMania 31 but then Vince McMahon didn't want to 50 year olds working. Undertaker and Sting's dark gimmicks would mesh really well for both. One match and an extended rivalry. This match should've definitely happened.

Shawn Michaels vs Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan was trained for a bit by HBK and it's quite evident in the way he wrestles. Though Michaels and Bryan may not necessarily have the same in-ring styles, they do have one major similarity: They're both fantastic wrestlers. The feud may not be as great as other matches but rest assured the match will not disappoint.

Hulk Hogan vs Stone Cold
Much like the Hogan/Cena bout two huge faces. Forget Cena vs Rock these two are the biggest names in Pro Wrestling's history! The match may not be a classic but it sure will be much anticipated.

The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels
These two never wrestled it absolutely baffles me because they were huge stars in the attitude era. But I guess time just never allowed it. HBK was injured from 98-02, and The Rock rose to stardom in those years so it definitely should've happened somewhere in 2002.

These are my list of Dream Matches I'm sure I could name a couple more but I'm gonna stop there.
[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] sorry for bothering you again but there doesn't seem to be many WWE fans on PP so I would love to hear your opinion.

Did I miss Shawn Michaels vs AJ Styles!

How could I forget the two greatest technical wrestlers of the modern era one on one would provide an instant classic. It would surpass any match AJ has had in his career so far.

When you see a dream match you know it! It's quite simply a dream match because it involves two legends fighting out and putting on a classic.

What are some dream matches you would like to see?

Name the participants, stipulation and arena.

Could Still Happen

Samoa Joe vs Brock Lesnar - No Holds Barred - SummerSlam
These two have been booked as absolute monsters in WWE, they have been unstoppable and I feel WWE should have this match at SummerSlam for the universal title.

John Cena vs Roman Reigns - Singles Match - SummerSlam

The face of WWE for the past decade vs the big dog and the man that has been unstoppable this match should definitely happen this Summer as it would be a hot match and would attract plenty of fans.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Seth Rollins - Hell in a Cell - HIAC
These two men have the same type of respective skills and strengths that would play incredibly off of each other. Seth Rollins makes a great whiny heel who can ooze the frustration he feels in a match. Nakamura is a charismatic show boater who can spend the whole match terrorizing Rollins and getting under his skin.

John Cena vs Undertaker - No Holds Barred - Wresltmania

Probably the two greatest characters in WWE. These two behemoths locking heads would be amazing to see. The Undertaker may have quietly retired but you never know if his surgery goes well this match would be great for next years WM.

Finn Balor vs AJ Styles - Iron Man Match - WrestleMania
Balor and Styles are both great ring-workers who would be able to carry out a long and enjoyable in-ring feud. Both men competed in New Japan Pro Wrestling. Both men at one time led the Bullet Club in Japan, made up of Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows. So this match has a lot of history behind it and these two sure as hell would put on a classic in 60 minutes.

Not gonna happen :( I could put HBK in a hundred times but I wont.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. Randy Orton
Both of them have nicknames that involve snakes and have a evil side to them. They could tell a story in the ring like no other!

Big Show vs Andre the Giant
Andre the Giant was arguably the most captivating wrestler in WWE history, and no one thought we'd ever see another guy like him. But not all that long after Andre's time had passed, Big Show stepped in as the next must-see attraction in pro wrestling. A clash between two of the most polarizing figures to ever set foot in a WWE ring would be a huge draw, even though it wouldn't exactly be a technical classic.

Ricky Steamboat vs. Shawn Michaels

Just imagine HBK the greatest in ring performer of all time vs the most under appreciated and under rated wrestlers of all time. Steamboat has put on a number of epic bouts with legends like Ric Flair and Randy Savage, and you would have to think that a Steamboat/Michaels match would be just amazing, would have loved to see this match in the 90's.

Bret Hart vs. Edge - The Clash of the Canadians!
Well I'm Canadian - Pakistani and I love that these two are from Canada!
They are not only two of Canada's best, but two of pro wrestling's best as well. Bret Hart is the most famous Canadian wrestler in the country's history and is widely recognized as one of the, if not the best technical wrestlers the world has ever seen going up against the ultimate opportunist Edge. That is a hot attraction right there folks!

Brock Lesnar vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Time just didn't work out for this mouth watering prospect! Imagine the unstoppable force of the Attitude Era vs The Beast of the New Era. This match would have been amazing as it inflicts two guys who will tear you apart to win a match.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Randy Orton
Both Orton and Austin have the uncanny ability to keep their characters virtually the same whether they're heel or face, but they still manage to get the support of the crowd. Their finishers are almost alike the main attraction of this match would be RKO vs The Stunner!

John Cena vs. Hulk Hogan

Arguably the two biggest faces the WWE has ever produced this match is something beyond reality it is something you don't even get to see in comic books it's like The Hulk vs Superman this match would produce one of the greatest feuds the world has ever seen.

The Undertaker vs. Sting

Thinking about this it just makes me sad! I thought for sure this match was going down at WrestleMania 31 but then Vince McMahon didn't want to 50 year olds working. Undertaker and Sting's dark gimmicks would mesh really well for both. One match and an extended rivalry. This match should've definitely happened.

Shawn Michaels vs Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan was trained for a bit by HBK and it's quite evident in the way he wrestles. Though Michaels and Bryan may not necessarily have the same in-ring styles, they do have one major similarity: They're both fantastic wrestlers. The feud may not be as great as other matches but rest assured the match will not disappoint.

Hulk Hogan vs Stone Cold
Much like the Hogan/Cena bout two huge faces. Forget Cena vs Rock these two are the biggest names in Pro Wrestling's history! The match may not be a classic but it sure will be much anticipated.

The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels
These two never wrestled it absolutely baffles me because they were huge stars in the attitude era. But I guess time just never allowed it. HBK was injured from 98-02, and The Rock rose to stardom in those years so it definitely should've happened somewhere in 2002.

These are my list of Dream Matches I'm sure I could name a couple more but I'm gonna stop there.

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] sorry for bothering you again but there doesn't seem to be many WWE fans on PP so I would love to hear your opinion.

It's totally cool brother! keep at i! :)) I live, breathe and eat wrestling :yk3

Shawn had his demons in the 90's and it is alleged that he insulted a family member of The Rock which is why Dwayne did not want to work with him, ever since they've made up now and HBK apologised for the past.

I'd say for a long time Taker/Sting has been my ultimate dream match along with HBK/Rock (although now am not fussed because of Dwayne being a hollywood guy and just being content with the fact that shawn has respected his retirement stipulation unlike others and went out on such a big high which is rarely seen in the industry).

But like the matches you've pointed out, another one I'd add to the list is Samoa Joe vs Shawn Michaels, HBK has said that Joe is the guy he'd want to have a match with if he were to return because stylistically it would be epic and there'd be a great story to tell in the ring and I agree with him!

Also at the moment quiet a few of the names from your still could happen list are on different brands so in the near future are unlikely, always wanted to see Joe v Lesnar and tbh a no holds barred stipulation wouldn't be required because they are weapons in all their manifestation :)) I'd like for Joe/Lesnar to be booked following Reigns/Lesnar because everything which happens from now will be with the idea of building towards a big Reigns/Lesnar clash so if they book Joe/Lesnar most likely Brock will beat Joe in a squash and am not sure if I want to see that, I am all for it if the match is booked to be competitive

Another match I'd like to add to your list Qalander and had been a big dream match for me is Shawn Michaels vs Eddie Gurrero, it was rumoured to be pencilled for Wrestlemania 22 but sadly Eddie would pass away in 2005 :( I don't talk about Eddie much when it comes to wrestling not because I don't respect his legacy but it just makes me cry given how beloved he was.

It has happened before but I'd like to see AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle on a platform as big as Wrestlemania, SummerSlam or the Royal Rumble

Seth Rollins v AJ may happen down the line but both are on different brands, they have some history to from the indie seen. Seth idolised AJ growing up and when he was coming through, AJ took him in, gave him advice after they had been involved in a multi tag match and even bought him dinner; very rare to find such a good person like AJ in the business. Seth got to tag with his hero during live events last year:

14b38ae2e47e26789f7c1cf4d627f9d3.jpg

Co01T8IUAAAYEqu.jpg

[MENTION=132954]Aman[/MENTION] Okada or Nakamura vs Shawn Michaels would have been something to behold back in the day although hipster smarks weren't high on Japanese wrestling around that period so would have been harder for said talent to break through unless they were at the level of a great muta

Will never happen but I would have loved to see these:

Chris Benoit vs Daniel Bryan
Bret Hart vs Daniel Bryan
AJ Styles vs Chris Benoit
Dean Ambrose vs Mick Foley vs Terry Funk - Hardcore Match
nWo(Hogan, Nash and Hall) vs The Club (AJ, Gallows and Anderson) - War Games

It's totally cool brother! keep at i! :)) I live, breathe and eat wrestling :yk3

Shawn had his demons in the 90's and it is alleged that he insulted a family member of The Rock which is why Dwayne did not want to work with him, ever since they've made up now and HBK apologised for the past.

I'd say for a long time Taker/Sting has been my ultimate dream match along with HBK/Rock (although now am not fussed because of Dwayne being a hollywood guy and just being content with the fact that shawn has respected his retirement stipulation unlike others and went out on such a big high which is rarely seen in the industry).

But like the matches you've pointed out, another one I'd add to the list is Samoa Joe vs Shawn Michaels, HBK has said that Joe is the guy he'd want to have a match with if he were to return because stylistically it would be epic and there'd be a great story to tell in the ring and I agree with him!

Also at the moment quiet a few of the names from your still could happen list are on different brands so in the near future are unlikely, always wanted to see Joe v Lesnar and tbh a no holds barred stipulation wouldn't be required because they are weapons in all their manifestation :)) I'd like for Joe/Lesnar to be booked following Reigns/Lesnar because everything which happens from now will be with the idea of building towards a big Reigns/Lesnar clash so if they book Joe/Lesnar most likely Brock will beat Joe in a squash and am not sure if I want to see that, I am all for it if the match is booked to be competitive

That's the only reason I want to see the match I can't stand Joe and would love to see him get squashed. :therock

Another match I'd like to add to your list Qalander and had been a big dream match for me is Shawn Michaels vs Eddie Gurrero, it was rumoured to be pencilled for Wrestlemania 22 but sadly Eddie would pass away in 2005 :( I don't talk about Eddie much when it comes to wrestling not because I don't respect his legacy but it just makes me cry given how beloved he was.

True that would've been a true classic of a match! Sad it never happened.

That's the only reason I want to see the match I can't stand Joe and would love to see him get squashed. :therock

Joe is just incredible as an athlete and a human force of nature much like lesnar, the stuff he does is unreal and a man his size is not supposed to be capable of, be it technical wrestling, brawling he can do it all, is really physical and incredibly agile and speedy to can bust out suicide types and muai thai striking. He can still go in the ring despite his age as we saw from Balor v Joe at NXT Takeover London totally reconmmend that but you should see him during his prime in matches vs Kenta Kobash, Kurt Angle and AJ Styles/Daniels goodness me this man is in a league of his own and should be seen amongst elite talents very underates. Would be a teavesty if Lesnar squashed him, tbh i don't think WWE would do that they are not that stupid surely.

Will never happen but I would have loved to see these:

Chris Benoit vs Daniel Bryan
Bret Hart vs Daniel Bryan
AJ Styles vs Chris Benoit
Dean Ambrose vs Mick Foley vs Terry Funk - Hardcore Match
nWo(Hogan, Nash and Hall) vs The Club (AJ, Gallows and Anderson) - War Games

Bah gawd Ambrose/Foley/Funk :))) you want someone to die? I'd also like to add New Jack, 2001-2002 Kane, Sabu, The Sheik and Abdullah the butcher to that match

Bah gawd Ambrose/Foley/Funk :))) you want someone to die? I'd also like to add New Jack, 2001-2002 Kane, Sabu, The Sheik and Abdullah the butcher to that match

New Jack is not a wrestler. He just jumped off things and cut deliberately trollish promos to get heat. The other three can wrestle if needed and use weapons if they want to be. I would keep Abdullah Hep C away too. Sabu gets in and so does the Sheik. I would put Kane of late 1998 when he tried to set the Brood on fire.

Make it a C4 Barbed Wire No holds barred match lol. Let the crimson flow!

Are you talking all time here or the current scene? Though I'd ask before expressing my dream matches;-)

Goldberg vs Austin when they were the biggest superstars of their respective brands would have been a good feud..

Other than that I would have loved to see The Rock feud with people like Macho Man or Ultimate Warrior if anyone followed wrestling during that era would know these two guys used to give pretty crazy and senseless promos so would have been fascinating to see how a modern promo king (Rock) would fare up against the old promo psychos..

Goldberg vs Austin when they were the biggest superstars of their respective brands would have been a good feud..

Other than that I would have loved to see The Rock feud with people like Macho Man or Ultimate Warrior if anyone followed wrestling during that era would know these two guys used to give pretty crazy and senseless promos so would have been fascinating to see how a modern promo king (Rock) would fare up against the old promo psychos..

Randy Savage is so underated, those who've not studied the business or grew up in that period won't appreciate him but as an all round package the man was incredible. Amazing on the mic and in the ring, for a man his size he was very sound technically and agile.

You never got Berg/Austin but you got Berg/Rock! Rock seems to have nailed all the dream matches which fans envisioned for Austin :))

Randy Savage is so underated, those who've not studied the business or grew up in that period won't appreciate him but as an all round package the man was incredible. Amazing on the mic and in the ring, for a man his size he was very sound technically and agile.

You never got Berg/Austin but you got Berg/Rock! Rock seems to have nailed all the dream matches which fans envisioned for Austin :))

Macho man was an amazing talent who unfortunately got outshone by hogan.. If anyone has followed macho man's career not just his matches but promos and the way he acted in general it was just amazing to watch as a kid.. Seeing wrestling as a young kid I was just in awe of people like macho man.. Not just macho man all the characters during that era were over the top crazy guys who were probably as crazy in real life as well, Ultimate warrior, hogan, macho man, ric flair all were pretty crazy..

rock and Goldberg was great, heel rock was probably the funniest thing in wrestling and yea rock did hogged all the dream aches people expected Austin to have.. Austin vs Goldberg at their peak would have been great in the sense that both had same attitude and we're anti authority bald.. Rock and Goldberg had a different kind of storyline with rock playing his heal character perfectly but it couldn't have matched Austin Goldberg..

Last edited by a moderator:
Macho man was an amazing talent who unfortunately got outshone by hogan.. If anyone has followed macho man's career not just his matches but promos and the way he acted in general it was just amazing to watch as a kid.. Seeing wrestling as a young kid I was just in awe of people like macho man.. Not just macho man all the characters during that era were over the top crazy guys who were probably as crazy in real life as well, Ultimate warrior, hogan, macho man, ric flair all were pretty crazy..

rock and Goldberg was great, heel rock was probably the funniest thing in wrestling and yea rock did hogged all the dream aches people expected Austin to have.. Austin vs Goldberg at their peak would have been great in the sense that both had same attitude and we're anti authority bald.. Rock and Goldberg had a different kind of storyline with rock playing his heal character perfectly but it couldn't have matched Austin Goldberg..

I'd not say he was outshone by Hogan personally because Macho Man displayed more versatility then Hogan, he portrayed baby face and heel characters, his promos had more depth and in the ring he was incredibly agile and technically sound for a man his size because in those days people like him were not supposed to have more then 5 moves, but for long he held the record of having the greatest match in history at wrestlemania against steamboat and it still stands the test of time and you will find it in the top 5 of many lists.

Not taking anything away from Hogan because no one was more over then him as a baby face and his promos had a lot of fire as did Ultimate Warriors. And then there was Ric Flair who was on another level when it came to promos :)) and excellent in the ring to.

Heel Rock in early 2000's his my favourite version lmao Rock is a team player, he faced Hogan only because Austin felt that the match up wouldn't be right and maybe ego played a role as well and in the end Rock/Hogan ended up being incredible. Then when Goldberg came over Austin had retired so The Rock was the biggest available name from the attitude era for him to face.

Austin v Goldberg would be interesting from a booking point of view, Goldberg at the peak of his popularity was pushed as an invincible beast who squashed wrestlers; the match would have to be competitive but Berg would have to go over because his character would need it more. After Berg's streak ended he lost a little bit of mystique and wasn't utilized that well by WCW

Man there are loads of wrestling fans on PP :))) but they just don't watch the current product

I'd not say he was outshone by Hogan personally because Macho Man displayed more versatility then Hogan, he portrayed baby face and heel characters, his promos had more depth and in the ring he was incredibly agile and technically sound for a man his size because in those days people like him were not supposed to have more then 5 moves, but for long he held the record of having the greatest match in history at wrestlemania against steamboat and it still stands the test of time and you will find it in the top 5 of many lists.

Not taking anything away from Hogan because no one was more over then him as a baby face and his promos had a lot of fire as did Ultimate Warriors. And then there was Ric Flair who was on another level when it came to promos :)) and excellent in the ring to.

Heel Rock in early 2000's his my favourite version lmao Rock is a team player, he faced Hogan only because Austin felt that the match up wouldn't be right and maybe ego played a role as well and in the end Rock/Hogan ended up being incredible. Then when Goldberg came over Austin had retired so The Rock was the biggest available name from the attitude era for him to face.

Austin v Goldberg would be interesting from a booking point of view, Goldberg at the peak of his popularity was pushed as an invincible beast who squashed wrestlers; the match would have to be competitive but Berg would have to go over because his character would need it more. After Berg's streak ended he lost a little bit of mystique and wasn't utilized that well by WCW

He was better than hogan IMO too but Hogan was the face of that company that time so macho man always came in 2nd best.. He did enjoy few years where his popularity was probably same or better than hogan but overall he could not match hogans popularity.. Also hogan backstage was a very dirty guy who was an expert in politics so he used to get his way most of the time even if it meant screwing up the storyline or a company as whole.. I don't know if you know or not Macho Man hated hogan so much he made a diss track about him lol... That just proves his promos weren't just acting he actually was psycho which made him as good as he was as a wrestler..

Ric Flair was an amazing wrestler and his promos were also beastly.. He portrayed that rich guy playboy gimmick perfectly probably was the same in real life too.. I guess he was the first ever small guy face of a company? Before him mostly big guys used to be face and even after him mostly big guys are faces apart from probably Eddie guerero for a few months??

Yea heel rock was the best i still listen to his videos on YouTube and crack up laughing.. His promos on Toronto and Sacramento are beastly the heat the crowd gave him was unreal.. Though everyone was probably laughing about it later on.. Rock vs Hogan tells you why a lot of people quit watching wrestling including me, the match itself was very slow paced but the crowd and commentators made it into an epic match to watch which is what wrestling missed.. While surfing through sports channels if I see wrestling coming on I try and watch it but get bored fast the crowds seem dead the commentators feel like are sleeping and since I don't watch wrestling I don't know about the wrestlers in ring so it all feels boring.. WWE needs to bring good commentators..

By the time Goldberg lost his streak WCW were lacking creativity and vision everywhere.. No one had any clue how to move forward and the old guys didn't want to put new people over or lose for the storyline.. They kept recycling the same old NWO which got stale while WWE moved towards new young talents and edgier storylines.. From booking POV I would have loved seeing that match would have been pretty interesting how they went with it..

Man there are loads of wrestling fans on PP :))) but they just don't watch the current product

If anyone grew up during early 90's in metro cities in India with cable TV at their home they had to be a wrestling fan.. Wrestling was the 'thing' back then but now with so many options available it has probably taken a backseat everywhere around the world..

Also as a young kid without internet being a common thing wrestling had those "women" like sable, Debra, Stacy keibler, trish, lita etc which used to keep us interested as kids if you know what I mean..

New Jack is not a wrestler. He just jumped off things and cut deliberately trollish promos to get heat. The other three can wrestle if needed and use weapons if they want to be. I would keep Abdullah Hep C away too. Sabu gets in and so does the Sheik. I would put Kane of late 1998 when he tried to set the Brood on fire.

Make it a C4 Barbed Wire No holds barred match lol. Let the crimson flow!

Maybe add Dean Ambrose in there to, CZW version (ssshhh we can't tell anyone he existed) lol, stick Mike Awesome and Masato Tanaka in there!

I'd say Kane's greatest in-ring performances came during the early 2000's, what are your top 5 Kane matches if you had name them? and what would be your ultimate dream match featuring him

He was better than hogan IMO too but Hogan was the face of that company that time so macho man always came in 2nd best.. He did enjoy few years where his popularity was probably same or better than hogan but overall he could not match hogans popularity.. Also hogan backstage was a very dirty guy who was an expert in politics so he used to get his way most of the time even if it meant screwing up the storyline or a company as whole.. I don't know if you know or not Macho Man hated hogan so much he made a diss track about him lol... That just proves his promos weren't just acting he actually was psycho which made him as good as he was as a wrestler..

Ric Flair was an amazing wrestler and his promos were also beastly.. He portrayed that rich guy playboy gimmick perfectly probably was the same in real life too.. I guess he was the first ever small guy face of a company? Before him mostly big guys used to be face and even after him mostly big guys are faces apart from probably Eddie guerero for a few months??

Yea heel rock was the best i still listen to his videos on YouTube and crack up laughing.. His promos on Toronto and Sacramento are beastly the heat the crowd gave him was unreal.. Though everyone was probably laughing about it later on.. Rock vs Hogan tells you why a lot of people quit watching wrestling including me, the match itself was very slow paced but the crowd and commentators made it into an epic match to watch which is what wrestling missed.. While surfing through sports channels if I see wrestling coming on I try and watch it but get bored fast the crowds seem dead the commentators feel like are sleeping and since I don't watch wrestling I don't know about the wrestlers in ring so it all feels boring.. WWE needs to bring good commentators..

By the time Goldberg lost his streak WCW were lacking creativity and vision everywhere.. No one had any clue how to move forward and the old guys didn't want to put new people over or lose for the storyline.. They kept recycling the same old NWO which got stale while WWE moved towards new young talents and edgier storylines.. From booking POV I would have loved seeing that match would have been pretty interesting how they went with it..

I agree with much of your post, but when it came to Rock/Hogan I looked at the match differently; it took two excellent characters to get the crowd to suspend their disbelief the way they did, it's what wrestling is all about the little things like taunts and controlling the crowd in the palm of your hand and that's what those two did on that night and it's what wrestling is all about when it comes to how they work a match they will do certain things to bring the crowd up, certain things to bring the crowd down, there's story telling in between, a lot of selling and then boom you pick up the pace with the high spots, if you watched entire PPV the crowd was not hot for any of the matches the same way they were for Hogan/Rock, the commentators no doubt were excellent and sold it as a dream match and it was. It was 1990 all over again when Hogan/Warrior fought but this time the torch was passed to the most electrifying man in all of sports entertainment! :afridi T

If anyone grew up during early 90's in metro cities in India with cable TV at their home they had to be a wrestling fan.. Wrestling was the 'thing' back then but now with so many options available it has probably taken a backseat everywhere around the world..

Also as a young kid without internet being a common thing wrestling had those "women" like sable, Debra, Stacy keibler, trish, lita etc which used to keep us interested as kids if you know what I mean..

Do you not follow the product on any level now? not even the big PPV's like Wrestlemania?

They should've done Hogan-Flair at WM8 or 9. Instead we got the dream match of the 80s in WCW.

Goldberg-Austin also springs to mind.

Maybe add Dean Ambrose in there to, CZW version (ssshhh we can't tell anyone he existed) lol, stick Mike Awesome and Masato Tanaka in there!

I'd say Kane's greatest in-ring performances came during the early 2000's, what are your top 5 Kane matches if you had name them? and what would be your ultimate dream match featuring him

My favorite Kane matches-

The TLC match on Raw where he retained the tag titles without a partner
Kane vs Chris Benoit - Bad Blood 2004
Kane vs X-Pac Armageddon 1999 (Steel Cage)
Kane vs Undertaker Wrestlemania XIV (First time anyone kicked out of a tombstone and Kane kicked out twice!)
Team Hell No and Ryback vs The Shield - TLC 2012

My dream match would be Kane vs Braun Strowman because both are really similar. Strowman reminds me of Attitude Era's Kane.

My favorite Kane matches-

The TLC match on Raw where he retained the tag titles without a partner
Kane vs Chris Benoit - Bad Blood 2004
Kane vs X-Pac Armageddon 1999 (Steel Cage)
Kane vs Undertaker Wrestlemania XIV (First time anyone kicked out of a tombstone and Kane kicked out twice!)
Team Hell No and Ryback vs The Shield - TLC 2012

My dream match would be Kane vs Braun Strowman because both are really similar. Strowman reminds me of Attitude Era's Kane.

I knew what your first choice would be! that is my all time favourite Kane match and his greatest moment in the ring, he was also at his absolute peak in terms of physical condition, in-ring ability, momentum and the general booking of his character; he was so over that the guy legit could have and should have had a run with the world title once again.

In a pure singles match his bout against Taker at mania 14 and HHH on RAW (Mask v Title) will remain by favourite.

Those two will no doubt battle! In order for Braun to fully be cemented as the new monster he has to beat all the other monsters, Big Show has been defeated, Mark Henry and Kane are left. I don;t know why WWE don't bring back AE era Kane? bring back AE era Kane and build him up, then book the match vs Braun and he'd look even better beating that version of Kane we loved and one who is not booked like a damn mid carder

Do you not follow the product on any level now? not even the big PPV's like Wrestlemania?

I don't follow wrestling anymore mate but if I hear some big news I watch the videos online.. e.g. Rock's combacks, lesnar comeback and his matches, goldbergs comeback(loved the whole lesnar-Goldberg storyline) if only goldberg was 10 odd years younger, really loved the royal rumble match this year..

Saw hardy boyz return and kurt angles return and HOF speech...

But other than that I don't watch PPV or raw/sd just watch the videos on YouTube when some of my old favourites return..

Basically the only matches I watch are Lesnars matches, I really enjoyed the storyline when in last years rumble when that bearded stable was dominating and then lesnars music hit and he cleared them out.. Was hoping lesnar would face that entire stable in future but that never happened I think or if it did I missed it..

I did try and follow TNA earlier for a few months back when big WWF names were in there and I liked AJ styles and Christopher Daniels, Austin Aries and americas most wanted I think it was.. But then lost interest after a while..

I agree with much of your post, but when it came to Rock/Hogan I looked at the match differently; it took two excellent characters to get the crowd to suspend their disbelief the way they did, it's what wrestling is all about the little things like taunts and controlling the crowd in the palm of your hand and that's what those two did on that night and it's what wrestling is all about when it comes to how they work a match they will do certain things to bring the crowd up, certain things to bring the crowd down, there's story telling in between, a lot of selling and then boom you pick up the pace with the high spots, if you watched entire PPV the crowd was not hot for any of the matches the same way they were for Hogan/Rock, the commentators no doubt were excellent and sold it as a dream match and it was. It was 1990 all over again when Hogan/Warrior fought but this time the torch was passed to the most electrifying man in all of sports entertainment! :afridi T

Yea that's true.. I loved ultimate warrior as a kid.. Most of my favourites as a kid were due to trump cards Brett hart had rank 1 so he became a favourite, warrior had huge biceps/chests, ric flair had most fight foughts,savage was good at everything, giant Gonzales had height, Yokozuna had weight etc.. not sure if you guys had trump cards but as a kid we used to play them in school/tuitions and got influenced by them and start rooting for wrestlers based on stats on cards.. Since as a kid we did not know much about match quality it was either stats or their promos which made us cheer for them..

Last edited:
I will talk about the matches from the current roster only.

Braun Strowman vs Brock Lesnar
Samoe Joe vs Braun
Samoe Joe vs Brock
KO vs Samoe
KO vs Wyatt
Wyatt vs Brock
Wyatt vs Samoe

So after talking here about wrestling I watched a couple of shows online was surprised to see Jericho still alive he looks like he hasn't aged much.. People were cheering him for using a notepad such a versatile guy.. probably the 2nd most versatile guy ever in wwf after the legendary papa shango who played a voodoo priest and then a pimp you can't beat that lol...

Overall the product seemed pretty boring and long I loved that monster guy though who strowman his segment beating up the that dude through stretcher and ambulance reminded me of old days..unfortunately It just didn't interest me enough to watch on a regular basis..

So after talking here about wrestling I watched a couple of shows online was surprised to see Jericho still alive he looks like he hasn't aged much.. People were cheering him for using a notepad such a versatile guy.. probably the 2nd most versatile guy ever in wwf after the legendary papa shango who played a voodoo priest and then a pimp you can't beat that lol...

Overall the product seemed pretty boring and long I loved that monster guy though who strowman his segment beating up the that dude through stretcher and ambulance reminded me of old days..unfortunately It just didn't interest me enough to watch on a regular basis..

It think you'll enjoy Smackdown a lot more, if there's a good show I will let you know or post some clips for you to check out. The likes of Nakamura and AJ Styles alone make SD worth the watch, and the womens division in general is thriving in terms of being taken serious beyond just eye candy, all thanks to Ronda Rousey who has broken female combat sport and sports entertainment to the mainstream. Yeah, I've witnessed all of Jericho's runs and honestly his current one is one of his best but also maybe final one to :( he is the epitome of versatility, that has always been his strength; he can get over in any era

It think you'll enjoy Smackdown a lot more, if there's a good show I will let you know or post some clips for you to check out. The likes of Nakamura and AJ Styles alone make SD worth the watch, and the womens division in general is thriving in terms of being taken serious beyond just eye candy, all thanks to Ronda Rousey who has broken female combat sport and sports entertainment to the mainstream. Yeah, I've witnessed all of Jericho's runs and honestly his current one is one of his best but also maybe final one to :( he is the epitome of versatility, that has always been his strength; he can get over in any era

Ok let me know of good SD, or post clips.. I liked AJ styled during his time in TNA loved his matches with Christopher Daniels, Austin Aries, Samoa joe etc.. always knew he would be a star good to know he is in WWE now.. never heard of the other guy name seems like Japanese so assuming he would be better than the previous crap from Japan like funaki, tajiri and that stable which chopped off val Venis's pee pee lmao..

Yea Rousey was a huge success was because of lesnar I started watching UFC and then got hooked to it now I love Connor reminds me so much of rock the way he insults people, good fun..

Ok let me know of good SD, or post clips.. I liked AJ styled during his time in TNA loved his matches with Christopher Daniels, Austin Aries, Samoa joe etc.. always knew he would be a star good to know he is in WWE now.. never heard of the other guy name seems like Japanese so assuming he would be better than the previous crap from Japan like funaki, tajiri and that stable which chopped off val Venis's pee pee lmao..

Yea Rousey was a huge success was because of lesnar I started watching UFC and then got hooked to it now I love Connor reminds me so much of rock the way he insults people, good fun..

Same here, I always knew AJ was going to cement himself as an ATG and was a huge fan of his during those days, he along with Punk, Joe, Bryan and Daniels popularised the independent scene and made it a great alternative to WWE. AJ is the closest thing to Shawn I've ever seen, he never has a bad match and adapts/adjusts extremely well to different matches and opponents.

I won't say anything on Nakamura but you give me your thoughts/first-impression after watching these video's of his entrance:

His debut segment for Smackdown:

Last edited:
[MENTION=141093]big_gamer007[/MENTION]

Nakamura's "WWE" in-ring debut:

Let me know what you make of him based on the video's you've seen

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Wow that is one of the best enterances I have ever seen everything was so right about it: The music, the crowd, the way the wrestler was carrying himself the guy has so much charisma.. In his match he was striking like a kick boxer or MMA fighter probably has basic training in that? Even the opponent looked pretty good and the crowd was awesome too.. Just need to get better commentators..

This guy is going to be a superstar, Hope vince has the brains to use him properly and not let him go waste like so many other previous talents..

Btw just one question does Khali still wrestle?

@<a href="http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/member.php?u=46929" target="_blank">shaz619</a>

Wow that is one of the best enterances I have ever seen everything was so right about it: The music, the crowd, the way the wrestler was carrying himself the guy has so much charisma.. In his match he was striking like a kick boxer or MMA fighter probably has basic training in that? Even the opponent looked pretty good and the crowd was awesome too.. Just need to get better commentators..

This guy is going to be a superstar, Hope vince has the brains to use him properly and not let him go waste like so many other previous talents..

Btw just one question does Khali still wrestle?

You're correct there! good observation, Nakamura in fact use to be an MMA fighter and with Japanese wrestling having a big emphasis on striking and physicality his experience played into his move set. In the early 2000's when Lesnar and Angle left WWE they spent a short time in Japan and both wrestled Nakamura who was pushed to the moon by NJPW but would become better as a character as the years went by. He is the best striker and strong-style wrestler on the planet, excellent at selling as well and generally a great all round performer.

This was the first time I watched him in Japan at Wrestle Kingdom 9 (Japan's wrestlemania equivalent):

And man at that moment I was in complete awe and said to myself, if there will ever be another Japanese WWE world champion it will be Nakamura; he is the most charismatic guy I've seen since The Rock the way he controls the crowd in the palm of his hands it negates his lack of fluency in English.

Yeah Sami Zayn is another excellent in-ring performer who was his opponent, you see big gamer the product is not that bad but you know what will make you insane? is the booking, one of the biggest reason why WWE has not produced a star on the level of Austin, Rock, Taker etc outside Cena is due to them presenting talented performers as nothing more then inferior upper mid-carders whilst constantly bringing back part-timers to hog the spot light. But in recent times Smackdown has been worth watching and from a creative point of view there is a lot to look forward to.

I think Khali is pretty much done now, Jinder Mahal is the new Indian project; he's a talented dude in the ring and decent on the mic to, worked his behind off to improve his physique to; the only think I hate is WWE having him portray the stereotypical foreign heel gimmick

Last edited:
- AJ Styles vs CM Punk for the WWE Championship.
- Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins for the Universal Championship at Wrestlemania.
- Undertaker vs Sting at Wrestlemania, retirement match for both.
- Brock Lesnar vs The Rock.
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles/John Cena/CM Punk/Seth Rollins/Sami Zayn/Finn Balor/Brock Lesnar.
- The Shield vs The New Day.
- CM Punk vs Triple H.
- John Cena vs Connor McGregor.
- Mustafa Ali vs Jinder Mahal for the United States championship.

Lots of dream matches for me. I do believe that Punk will be back to doing what he does best sooner rather than later and that McGregor will make the jump after his match against Money.

Back