"Yeh Viv Talk Na" - Ramdin

purepak

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Did anyone see when Ramdin just got his century he held a message up reading

' YEH VIV TALK NAH'

Does anyone know what he meant?

Lols what a message to Sir Viv. Don't remember the exact words of the message so feel free to correct it.

What has Vivian said about him?

Nas and Athers just discussing it...

Apparently it's about something Sir Viv said in an article about Ramdin's form after the Trent Bridge test.

GlhtF.jpg

Got to give Ramdin respect for having that message in his pocket, must be very confident of his abilities.

Nowt wrong with what viv said If vivs criticism riled ramdin enough for him to make a ton then viv would say what he did was right

Ramdin tho shouldve payed the legend a bit more respect tho

Last edited:
although he probably should not have done it, it was great to watch. plus there were no expletives involved atleast.

Viv just came back on BBC TMS, "it's like losing 5-0 in a football match and scoring in the 90th minute, i wouldn't be celebrating that much"

Depends what Viv said about him, if someone can pass judgement on your livelihood he has every right to stand up for himself.

viv just criticised his batting as he did with the whole team.no malicious intent.

hope gambhir does the same thing to dhoni and brings up a msg saying - "yeah dhoni talk nah"

Disrespectful tbh, Viv said nothing malicious.

I like Ramdin's aggression. It seems Viv's words really irked him and made him work harder. Really shows Ramdin's character and inner effort. Shame our keepers dont have the same spirit.

Ramdin was pumped up. However, that was pretty needless.

The legend is king. :viv

Nothing wrong with what ramdin did, shows his mental strength and belief, how a lot of players would probably have lost inner confidence and started to doubt themselves, ramdin stood up and answered viv back. Well played, good to see this sort of agression on the pitch rather than off it unlike our players

He shouldn't have done it .. or shown some respect to Viv .. or whether he did right or not... I like his guts!! HEY VIV TALK NAH... :p what a way to answer! :D

viv just criticised his batting as he did with the whole team.no malicious intent.

If true than pretty needless really as looking at Ramdin's stats I'm pretty sure the king will have the last laugh.

a ghatiya gesture I would say.

Vivs' comment of losing 5-0 and scoring in 90th minute is incomplete.

More like losing match by 5-0, scoring in 90th minute and then having the audacity and cheapness to show that message.

Its good for someone to be inspired by criticism but Ramdin has proven himself to be a donkey by doing that.

Dinesh Ramdin - lovely knock, well done - but don't pick battles you can never win.

First of all Viv should not have written that article for some cheap money. Yeah he is a legend or one of the greatest batsmen ever played if not the greatest. Do you think bradman would have written that kind of article? Sachin would write article for money? Big NO. Viv wrote that article like any other cricket analyst like harsha or shastri. When players respond like that, you should not bring in his greatness as a player or legacy,etc

Viv's thinks just because he accomplished alot as an Windies player and an obvious legend he can degrade players, as he did with Ramdin, the latter just showed his frustration.

Good for him.

Ramdin averages 22 in test cricket yet has the audacity to hit back at Sir Viv like this. What a douchebag.

Wasn't there is a story that Viv was not happy with those of a Indian background in the West Indies team?

I could be wrong here but there seems to be more than meets the eye in this one.

Viv's thinks just because he accomplished alot as an Windies player and an obvious legend he can degrade players, as he did with Ramdin, the latter just showed his frustration.

Good for him.

Ramdin has played like ever since he has started playing for WI.

If for once or anytime, anyone(be it legend or chaprasi) has simply criticized him..why to get back at him ?

Whats more. Vivian Richards is repsected by the whole cricket world.

This is like Brad haddin getting back at Don Bradman even though criticism by Bradman was justified. Its ridiculous!!

Last edited by a moderator:
may be Viv had questioned his abilities and after making his century he decided to retort

I am sure this will result in some sort of penalty for kiddo Ramdin, this isn't the way you talk to legends...

If Viv criticised Ramdin in a better way I would side with the former, but the way he did it was out of order.

Good for him.

Spot on.Happens with some of these legends like viv or mcgrath because they feel whatever they say public will support them,since they have been excellent cricketers.

Btw i would blame ramdin too here,simply because y do these guys read what goes around in the papers,instead of believing in their own abilities and just continue playing.If sachin tendulkar had done that for 20 years he would have committed suicide long ago.

hope gambhir does the same thing to dhoni and brings up a msg saying - "yeah dhoni talk nah"

Thank God we dont have a clown like you in the team.

Its just a stupid way to 'express' yourself.
If a Sr person has criticized you, look at your past performances and unless you perform consistently.. keep shut. Even if you hit a purple patch, you dont need to blabber like a stupid fellow. Your performance does that for you.

I agree with Sherlock and Krishnan. Viv's legendary status, which we all acknowledge and respect, doesn't give him the right to publicly criticise players left right and centre. The same goes for all the former players that revel in this kind of thing. It doesn't matter if a player hasn't performed the best, you just don't do that. Fans in forums can do that, because no one really cares what they think, but interviews or articles by cricket personalities have a different magnitude and impact.

I seriously don't get those of you who side with Viv because he's a legend, while Ramdin is a nobody (according to you, that is). No one is right by default. You seem to think cricketing legends are God and we have to kneel down in front of them no matter what and kiss the ground they tread on. Well, I'm sorry to break this to you, but no they aren't. And it's about time somebody said as much to the cricketing legends themselves.

P.S. No disrespect meant to Viv Richards the player, he's a legend in the game and I'm also in awe of him, it's just that in this case he was off, in my opinion.

Last edited:
^ What you say holds true, BUT.. you should give the reply back in the same medium as well.
Ramdin's statement via the newspaper would have been appropriate than be holding out that paper in full view.

I agree with Sherlock and Krishnan. Viv's legendary status, which we all acknowledge and respect, doesn't give him the right to publicly criticise players left right and centre. The same goes for all the former players that revel in this kind of thing. It doesn't matter if a player hasn't performed the best, you just don't do that. Fans in forums can do that, because no one really cares what they think, but articles by cricket personalities have a different magnitude and impact.

I seriously don't get those of you who side with Viv because he's a legend, while Ramdin is a nobody (according to you, that is). No one is right by default. You seem to think cricketing legends are God and we have to kneel down in front of them no matter what and kiss the ground they tread on. Well, I'm sorry to break this to you, but no they aren't. And it's about time somebody said as much to the cricketing legends themselves.

P.S. No disrespect meant to Viv Richards the player, he's a legend in the game and I'm also in awe of him, it's just that in this case he was off, in my opinion.

lol why cant former greats criticize a player.?i happens all the time.its just that Ramdin took it personally

lol why cant former greats criticize a player.?

Writing a column is very different. AND Its not necessary that a guy with great cricketing skills will be equally good with brain and words.

Last edited:
Writing a column is very different. AND Its not necessary that a guy with great cricketing skills will be equally good with brain and words.

lol he didnt write a column.he said this on BBC's test match special.n do u even know what he said.he just said that he thought Ramdin was great prospect but he has deteriorated since.n that he looks out of sorts.
n he criticized others too including Kirk Edwards.

how is that malicious to bring out that response.n btw Ramdin hasnt proved Viv wrong yet.he'll do that only if he is consistent.one ton here n there doesnt matter.

I sympathise with Ramdin. Commentators and cricket writers often contribute to people being dropped as they raise the voice of change. Ramdin was dropped for poor form which is fair enough but not when you replace him with a much worse keeper/batsmen in Carlton Baugh.

If Viv can criticise Ramdin then Ramdin can do the same, no big deal. Very funny though.

Ramdin just looks out of sorts. When he first came into the game, I felt he was a huge prospect

For some reason, he has deteriorated in such a big way. Just the way he is walking back, he looks like a totally lost guy

I don't know if there's anything ELSE he has said in any other column or on air(I would really like to know if he has though).. but if this is the only thing he has said about Ramdin, and given what Ramdin has done today, then its pretty clear for me.

lol he didnt write a column.he said this on BBC's test match special.n do u even know what he said.he just said that he thought Ramdin was great prospect but he has deteriorated since.n that he looks out of sorts.
n he criticized others too including Kirk Edwards.

how is that malicious to bring out that response.n btw Ramdin hasnt proved Viv wrong yet.he'll do that only if he is consistent.one ton here n there doesnt matter.

well reading all the comments, i thought he wrote it in the column.
My mistake entirely if i misinterpreted that thing. Sorry folks.

Whole of what Viv said in response:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...iticise-Danesh-Ramdin-disrespectful-sign.html

'It's like in a football match ... if you are losing 5-0 and you score a goal in the 90th minute, you shouldn't be running around jumping for joy,' he said on the BBC's Test Match Special.'I wouldn't be happy with that. I set my standards a bit higher.
'I'm glad he got the motivation to get himself going.
'It's been a long time coming. If you are good enough, the chances certainly are you are going to get it done.
'Let's not forget it's in a losing cause. Scoring a hundred when you are the team winning, that's excellent stuff.
'He should be quite happy, and humble in himself.'
That's what separates Viv from someone like Knight, other than his record

stupid stuff from Ramdin I think, there was no need of this message. He proved his point with bat .

I sympathise with Ramdin. Commentators and cricket writers often contribute to people being dropped as they raise the voice of change. Ramdin was dropped for poor form which is fair enough but not when you replace him with a much worse keeper/batsmen in Carlton Baugh.

If Viv can criticise Ramdin then Ramdin can do the same, no big deal. Very funny though.

Carlton Baugh is a much better keeper-one of the best in international cricket but the guy cant bat.
I also dont understand this thing about former players not being able to criticise contemporary players. If a guy is paid to give his opinion why shouldn`t he. Ramdin has been poor since his early days and Richards has every right to say what he thinks.

Carlton Baugh is a much better keeper-one of the best in international cricket but the guy cant bat.
I also dont understand this thing about former players not being able to criticise contemporary players. If a guy is paid to give his opinion why shouldn`t he. Ramdin has been poor since his early days and Richards has every right to say what he thinks.

Baugh may be a better keeper but not one of the best as you put it, well not in my opinion. He can't bat though, he's a hack.

I agree Viv has every right to criticise him but so does Ramdin. Just because you're a player doesn't mean you have to shut up and not throw anything back.

Baugh may be a better keeper but not one of the best as you put it, well not in my opinion. He can't bat though, he's a hack.

I agree Viv has every right to criticise him but so does Ramdin. Just because you're a player doesn't mean you have to shut up and not throw anything back.

its the manner he replied is the issue

I agree, everytime a player scores any runs or takes wickets he should get a list(or a large poster coloured in the night before) out of all the people that have criticised him and tell them to shove it.

Last edited:
classless move tbh, ramdin has not achieved a fraction of what viv did day in day out, embarassing really.

if he has the something to say he should wait and voice his views in a articulate and coherant manner rather than a scribbling on some paper like a petulant school boy.

I think both Viv and Ramdin are justified in what they did, they both have the right to do what they did

i would have done something similar even if it is a legend that has criticized me .
Maybe VIV should try and work with the team and help the players out instead of sitting on the side and criticizing them .

Ramdin was well within his rights to display the message, his century goes a long way in silencing his critics.

Viv's job was to analyse the team and critisim comes with it. Viv was doing his job.

A complete over reaction by both parties. Criticism is a part of life let alone sport. Ramdin already spoke with his bat, no need to show his frustration and feelings out in the open in front of the whole worldwide media, that's just too unmanly. Viv was just doing his job as an ex cricketer and analyst.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Pretty childish stuff from ramdin. Viv was right to criticise the lack of form from Ramdin.

Good stuff from Ramdin, just cause Viv is a legend dosent mean he can go around degrading other players.

How long do you think Ramdin has been carrying that note around for? More than a year?

:))

I like Batsman with Balls! Sir Viv. was in his right to criticize, Ramdin has balls to respond like this.

Carrib. people are very proud people, may sound cocky in some culture, but it's that special unique flair they bring in to sports, which makes them unique and enjoyable.

I am sure Ramdin doesn't mean to show any disrespect Viv, as Viv has God-Like status there! But it's like proving his Old Man wrong kind of attitude! It's like father always taunt his son, do something in your life! You haven't done anything in your life! And then Son replies with some accomplishment!

I would hope that Sir Viv don't hold any grudges against Ramdin, because after all this WI needs all support they can get from their elders, that invisible Side!

Last edited:
Honestly, many people wouldn't have noticed that Sir Viv criticized Ramdin, if Ramdin didn't hold that message. Since he has done that, NOW people are realizing that he has been criticized.

Which shows that players are always under scrutiny or pressure silently somewhere from someone.

Back