Zafar Gohar - career watch

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Zafar is an 18 year old all rounder from Lahore who bowls tidy left arm spin and is a left handed middle order batsman.

A young cricketer who has a real passion about his cricket and wants to do well.

Another of the batch of cricketers to keep an eye on.

Attachments

• IMG_4165.JPG
    IMG_4165.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 627
Nice to see these guys in UK and picking up experience of foreign conditions

middle order? I think he comes lower down the middle order. He is suited for big hitting from what I've seen.

middle order? I think he comes lower down the middle order. He is suited for big hitting from what I've seen.

You are querying whether he's actually a middle order batsman and then saying yourself he's a middle order batsman.

3-24 off 10 with one run and two wickets off the 49th over in a tight situation.

This guy looks special. Turns the ball at good pace and just looks the part. He will def play for the full team in the next 2 years.

Was an absolute treat to watch him bowl. Made my day. :)

Raza Hasan, Usman Qadir, and Zafar Gohar the future!

very very good bowling today. what a player. one for the future and that 49th over was awesome.

Terrific control, this pitch was turning so obviously he won't get such wickets normally but what was really good was his control of the ball. Problem for him will be he has Raza Hasan to compete with but that's an excellent headache.

Another good SLA

Left handers won the match for Pakistan today

Hasan raza
Imam ul haq though his running between the wickets was poor
Zafar gohar
Kamran ghulam bowls left
Zia ul haq

You are querying whether he's actually a middle order batsman and then saying yourself he's a middle order batsman.

My mistake. I've seen him coming lower down the order. Not in middle order.

Looks a good prospect with a brilliant seam position and lots of revs but this was a very helpful track. Hopefully he can keep his performance up and as a left arm spinner you MUST be able to hold a bat imo, can overtake Raza Hasan if he develops both aspects of his game.

Brilliant to see some fresh young talent like this man coming through. Used the seam position very well and bowled with good variety. Also passionate about his game which was a delight to watch.

Figures of 3/24 & that brilliant 49th over. On the other end THAT 6 of his proved vital in the end too as we won by 4 runs. Matchwinning performance from the young man! InshAllah he continues to develop as a player and we see him on the international circuit in a couple of years.

very talented youngster, turned the ball like hell, that penultimate over was best, he's already better than losers like Ashwin, Raza Hasan and Gohar will be our 2 main spinners in 2019

Although clearly on a pitch suited to the demands of spin bowling, 3-24 is certainly no laughing matter for a slow left-armer, especially considering the limited effectiveness they usually have nowadays with the excellent standard of pitches. Nevertheless, Gohar looks to be a very profitable prospect for Pakistan to invest in, being able to apply copious amounts of revolutions to the ball with a great amount of control (something which spinners sometimes lack initially). Moreover, he appears to have a great cricketing mindset (the way he out-witted Ryan Higgins by pitching a delivery outside the leg-stump and turning it back in to hit the leg-stump because of Higgins' attempt to reverse sweep/scoop the ball was impressive) and a great deal of aggression (evident with the way in which he was furious with the attempts of Sami who dropped a relatively simple chance in the cover/mid-off region).

very happy with Zafar performance i will Pick him in My Pakistan team in years to come ahead of Raza hasan bcz of his Bating
good useful no'8 Batsman can turn out to be bowling all rounder for us in future

but changes need to make in Pakistan Un'19 side ahead of Big un'19 world cup

Our Bating,Wk,spin is in safe hand
3 changes Noman akram,Farhan,sahyan out Salman saeed PIA Fast bowler was Highest wicket taker in Ramadan cup in
Usman Khan in
Fit Irfanullah shah or Awais Munir

he bowled really well last night under extreme pressure situation. looks a genuine all rounder and One to keep eye on from U-19 team.

he bowled really well last night under extreme pressure situation. looks a genuine all rounder and One to keep eye on from U-19 team.

not genuine all rounder

Bowling all rounder and decent no'8 batsman like Broad,Ashwin,peterson,Perera

Genuine all rounders are Mohd Nawaz,Saud shakeel,Kamran and all 3 are left arm spinner to

I saw zafar gohar in the qf against India. Well I don't rate him high as he couldn't dislodge the last Indian batting pair. As a spinner you need to have some variety to get rid of the tail and he lacked that

I saw zafar gohar in the qf against India. Well I don't rate him high as he couldn't dislodge the last Indian batting pair. As a spinner you need to have some variety to get rid of the tail and he lacked that

ofcourse its outrageous to believe an U 19 player will not make massive improvments in 12 months. Thats why I feel so angry at those who are dissmissing Aftab as a prospect at this age cricketers can improve out of sight in a matter of six months just give these booys some breathing space.

ofcourse its outrageous to believe an U 19 player will not make massive improvments in 12 months. Thats why I feel so angry at those who are dissmissing Aftab as a prospect at this age cricketers can improve out of sight in a matter of six months just give these booys some breathing space.

Plus, I think despite the poor performance we have to have confidence in Wasim Akram, who declared that Mohammed Aftab was the most talented player at the camp, despite only being 16 at the time. Therefore, he may be struggling with stress or simply performing mediocrely due to poor form. He can't be so easily dismissed.

Zafar Gohar 4/20 VS WAPDA
scored 30 important runs on 16 ball chasing 105 runs

well done Boy

He looks an enterprising cricketer from what I've seen.

He'll be 19 next month so why not pick him ahead of Rehman the tourist in the limited overs squad?

I think carrying him around in international cricket and practicing with our spin bowlers in the nets before we hand him his debut will do him a lot of good.

He'll be 19 next month so why not pick him ahead of Rehman the tourist in the limited overs squad?

I think carrying him around in international cricket and practicing with our spin bowlers in the nets before we hand him his debut will do him a lot of good.

Ajmal and Afridi experience will help him :(

Ajmal and Afridi experience will help him :(

Yes and he probably won't get many games so even if he isn't ready, it wont harm us much.

Honestly, I don't see the point of Rehman in the limited overs squads.

its a mate selection. He seems to be a nice guy

Zafar is Afridi's ideal long term replacement.

Yasir Shah is a terrific fielder and a competent leg spinner but the train has passed for him. He's on the wrong side of 20's already and hasn't developed enough for international cricket.

yes Play for ZTBL

Was Captain of ZTBL UN-19 year ago

wish him best of luck, Ztbl is really strong team, ideally zafar could replace afridi sooner or later
P.S offtopic: how much did Sharjeel score today ?

playing 4 day cricket will help him more then just traveling around carrying drinks match practice is more vital for him at this stage of his career then trying to get tips from Ajmal & co he can always do that when we have those short trials before a series.

He done really well today and has gone above Raza in the pecking order. In tests our spinners should be ajmal, babar and rehman. In odis ajmal and Gohar in t20s Ajmal and Zulfiqar

until Raza plays 4 day cricket regularly he will not develop he should leave NBP and join a department that gives him regular 4 day cricket same with Nawaz and Usman Qadir.

Watched him yesterday, i think he looks better than Raza now, plus he can bat as well...

wish him best of luck, Ztbl is really strong team, ideally zafar could replace afridi sooner or later
P.S offtopic: how much did Sharjeel score today ?

scored 1 run on 4 ball :(
Even Haris sohail failed today 15 runs

but Zafar did the job for ZTBL With 2 Sixes

Watched him yesterday, i think he looks better than Raza now, plus he can bat as well...

Raza is Tanvir,Irfan Type Fielder :(

Pakistan has Bating Issue so Zafar can be useful Batsman down the order for us

Gohar is Highest Wicket taker currently in T-20 CUP

3 Match 6 Wickets Econ 6.50

Where raza 2 matches 2 Wickets :( Econ also 7 Plus :(

The finger spinning Steve Smith :afridi

Now he is one product of the Bullet Drive hype machine that I genuinely like.

Hopefully only a matter of time before he replaces the tourist Rehman limited overs.

Awesome. to play so well under pressure in a semi final shows his thinking mind. One for the future.,

Pakistan have good spin options. I think Pakistan should develop 2 spin all rounders. That would give Pakistan real batting depth.

One for the future for sure. Fantastic talent.
Brilliant bowler and also a more than handy batsman as he showed today.

A man with a ambition to show the world Pakistan is the best. He showed allot of maturity today under pressure. If he plays like this constently, then he is not far away from the team.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Has been a superb un19 player for a while, BUT PLEASE PLEASE Un19 to Senior a massive jump.

I remember Hammad Azam playing similar innings against India and ALTHOUGH he has done okay he not lit the world alight. Lets hope Gohar keeps developing nicely. We have a seriously good under 21 batch of spinners

Can someone please gif Zafar responding to Fishers sledging... That was epic :))

What an innings under pressure, some fantastic shots and he bowled a few unplayable balls. Should be selected for senior in future

I really enjoyed his batting today. Looks good to keep an eye on for future.

What happen to previous left handed all rounder, Mohammad Nawaz?

All these talented young players are going to go to dust bans, because we already have world famous talented all rounders Afridi, Hafeez and Malik in the team.

We do not need these young players. We will win the world cup with Afridi, Malik and Hafeez.

Re: Zafar Gohar

He's a superstar in the making, time and again he steps up and delivers when it truly matters.

All these talented young players are going to go to dust bans, because we already have world famous talented all rounders Afridi, Hafeez and Malik in the team.

We do not need these young players. We will win the world cup with Afridi, Malik and Hafeez.

he is playing for Rawalpindi Rams, is one of their main middle order batsmen.

Nawaz is a bits and pieces player from what i have seen..

He still hasnt defined or worked out his strength, his bowling is not proving good enough at domestic level

I am hopeful that at least 1 off Zafar Gohar, Kamran Gulam and Nawaz will soon break into Pakistan national team

Nawaz is a bits and pieces player from what i have seen..

He still hasnt defined or worked out his strength, his bowling is not proving good enough at domestic level

I am hopeful that at least 1 off Zafar Gohar, Kamran Gulam and Nawaz will soon break into Pakistan national team

Nawaz is opening regularly now for NBP and scoring a lot of runs batting was always his strength and seems to have realized it early.

Nawaz is opening regularly now for NBP and scoring a lot of runs batting was always his strength and seems to have realized it early.

He won't make it to Pakistan team as a batsman alone, Batting is his strong suit but he doesnt look the most eye catching or elegant batsman from what i saw in recent T20 tournament..

His bowling has regressed quite a bit...

Get him into the Pakistan team already!

6 years on...... Same old story. We are STILL waiting for him to be given a consistent run. We are STILL seeing the same old patterns of him being part of the squad but not given a chance to show his talent in series which has already gone in Pakistan’s favour.

Pathetic. Coward mentality, typical politics. Questions need to be raised in the conference.

6 years on...... Same old story. We are STILL waiting for him to be given a consistent run. We are STILL seeing the same old patterns of him being part of the squad but not given a chance to show his talent in series which has already gone in Pakistan’s favour.

Pathetic. Coward mentality, typical politics. Questions need to be raised in the conference.
At least he was selected in the squad this time. That is a start.

Don’t worry he is only 25/26 and will get his chance in Tests/ODIs next year.

Wow, just wow. Misbah has a serious grudge against this bloke.

This misbah is making sure that he doesn't play for Pakistan.He is much better than that mediocre Imad darter wasim

Why is he part of the squad if hes not gonna get a chance against the mighty zimbos in a dead rubber game?

Back