“I feel good when I see fear in the batter’s eyes” : Naseem Shah

Naseem: I feel good when I see fear in the batsman's eyes.
Any Batsman: It's the fear of failure against you.

:rabada2

Better to open mouth after performing. Our players get the order wrong and then they are left red-faced.
Talking trash pre-achievement seems to be common among Pak cricketers. Recall Wasim Akram saying how he once walked out of a team-chat when they'd landed in the West Indies because Basit Ali and some others were boasting how many hundreds of runs they were gonna smash against the Windies fast bowlers. He said something like - I thought, let them learn on their own, the hard way :wy

Some think its easy to talk trash about a young bowler to make themselves look superior - sad situation with our society.

No other teams fan make so much excuses for young international players than pakistan does.

Even in case of amir, we still hear, "he was young.... "

As for the "fear in batsmen's eyes" quote. It was clearly a response to a question rather than him coming out making that his main statement. I don't even think he believes it himself.

I'm just disappointed he doesn't actually believe that - might improve his bowling.

TBH, I would actually prefer a pak fast bowler to come out and make statements like these than the usual "ve bowl right areas", "pace not everything", "I only want the team to do well" blah blah zzzzzzz

That is just usual drivel and it's normally a lie, because no pak player actually does play to win or for the team. They just play to find a way to secure a spot for the immediate future.

There is nothing wrong in making statements like these, but you better back it up. Otherwise people will take you to the shredders just like what s happening to Naseem. There is a thin line between being confident and just running your mouth.

His time will come.

He's a young man, the step up from what he has been used to and what it is at the international level is huge and I am sure he has realised just how much more hard work he needs to do.

Too soon to write the lad off.

Some think its easy to talk trash about a young bowler to make themselves look superior - sad situation with our society.

If he doesn’t want trash talk and can’t handle the heat, then he should go back to domesric or Under 19 cricket. It’s international cricket not some charity invitational.

“I always wanted to be a fast bowler and even in my school days, I loved to scare batsmen by bowling fast. I feel good when I see fear in the batsman’s eyes, it motivates me to bowl even faster.”

So do I take it as him not seeing fear in the batsmen’s eyes which is why he is not being motivated to bowl faster?

I think the fear in the batsmen eyes will now be the fear of losing their wicket to a mediocre bowler like him.

There is nothing wrong in making statements like these, but you better back it up. Otherwise people will take you to the shredders just like what s happening to Naseem. There is a thin line between being confident and just running your mouth.

It is what it is really. Sportsmen make a lot of statements - he's not the first nor the last to make these statements due to the exuberance of youth and look a bit stupid (and if you read the context of how he said it, the statement has been overhyped anyway).

What concerns me more is that he hasn't actually shown the exuberance of youth ON the pitch. I would much prefer him bowling very fast and very wayward so we know "Ok, this kid has something, he needs to be more accurate, get a bit of rhythm, learn how to swing the ball etc - send him away and bring him back when he's sorted it".

At the moment he is trying to be all things to everyone and not succeeding at anything - this is more worrying because he is now further from understanding what type of bowler he is than when he started and could lead to a lot of confusion down the road.

Regardless, he needs to go away and hopefully come back better and with a clearer vision.

No other teams fan make so much excuses for young international players than pakistan does.

Even in case of amir, we still hear, "he was young.... "

So what should we do? Disown him because he is playing poorly?

I just remembered. Mohammad Sami was plucked out of domestic cricket having played just a few games and he made his debut vs New Zealand. I remember watching that game. He was full of josh and got a bagful of wickets.

Having been a Sami fan since then, am pretty sure if mics were thrust in front of players those days, he'd have had this sort of an attitude and said something similar. Never mind how his career turned out, but at least Sami backed it up with several stunning moments in his career and was never short on pace.

We should send him back to domestic. Or get used to being a bad team in international cricket.

Thats up to the management. Fans are allowed to express opinions, hope, defence, criticism etc of the players.

Some of us have not been raised to scapegoat the younger, inexperienced players for the team's failures.

If he doesn’t want trash talk and can’t handle the heat, then he should go back to domesric or Under 19 cricket. It’s international cricket not some charity invitational.

It's not "heat",

It's pure a******ish thugery and bullying
Especially from you for some reason didn't you call him "body excrement"

Please calm the hell down don't know what that poor guy did to you but no need to be a bully

Disappointed in his lack of aggression in the the series so far & the lack of express pace too 😳 But their is that Xfactor about him & that amazing actin that keeps your hopes up

This.

Don’t need to make fun of him. I am sure at his age group level or in Pak domestics batsmen might be genuinely scared to face 140k bowling. He has the pace and May be he rattles them.

Unfortunately he has found out that International cricket is a different monster.

Wish him the best. Hope it is not a case of Pakistan bored finding a new toy but then disposing it off after they get bored.

Hope he comes back stronger as the raw material is there.

I just remembered. Mohammad Sami was plucked out of domestic cricket having played just a few games and he made his debut vs New Zealand. I remember watching that game. He was full of josh and got a bagful of wickets.

Having been a Sami fan since then, am pretty sure if mics were thrust in front of players those days, he'd have had this sort of an attitude and said something similar. Never mind how his career turned out, but at least Sami backed it up with several stunning moments in his career and was never short on pace.

Sami started his career with a bang and in 2002-04 when he was bowling at 150 km/hr, it was perceived that he was someone who could form a deadly bowling partnership with Akhtar given that he had youth and tremendous fitness on his side but unfortunately so much tinkering, tankering with his bowling action, run up reduced him to a nothing bowler who fell away.

I sincerely hope the same does not happen to NS

Let’s be honest. Sami at his debut was on a different stratosphere to Naseem on his debut. Even pace wise he was a good 5-6 kph faster and in the 140s an extra few kph makes a ton of difference. And his swing was insane. Not a lot of control but the batsmen didn’t know what was happening either. Naseem has none of that.

His career tailed off due to lack of confidence and mental weakness later on on but in the first couple of years he looked every bit as good as he was hyped to be.

There is literally no comparison between the two. None.

Sami started his career with a bang and in 2002-04 when he was bowling at 150 km/hr, it was perceived that he was someone who could form a deadly bowling partnership with Akhtar given that he had youth and tremendous fitness on his side but unfortunately so much tinkering, tankering with his bowling action, run up reduced him to a nothing bowler who fell away.

I sincerely hope the same does not happen to NS
It already happened just look at his action and run-up

What's sad is there wasnt a lot to begin with in the first place

Thats up to the management. Fans are allowed to express opinions, hope, defence, criticism etc of the players.

Some of us have not been raised to scapegoat the younger, inexperienced players for the team's failures.

He is a international bowler. So he will be judged like one. Rather young or old why does it matter? So far in this Test match he has been tonked for 72 runs with 1 wide and 7 no balls with no wickets yet. If he was any other bowler he’d be hated like no tomorrow. But just because he’s young its criminal to criticize such performance. Makes no sense to me.

He is a international bowler. So he will be judged like one. Rather young or old why does it matter? So far in this Test match he has been tonked for 72 runs with 1 wide and 7 no balls with no wickets yet. If he was any other bowler he’d be hated like no tomorrow. But just because he’s young its criminal to criticize such performance. Makes no sense to me.

I think he is getting criticised like no tomorrow. Every thread is about him. So called self proclaimed cricket prophets are rampant with their agendas on how they were correct and the ignorant masses have been proven to be delusional. It isnt an ideal day to be a Naseem supporter. So im not sure how he has had it any easier than anyone?

But hey, I guess if he does take wickets tonight even for a lost cause, you can expect people to come back in full force abusing his haters lol.

It will be better for him to be dropped. Many players being dropped had great effects on their careers. He should accept the failures, learn from this and become a better player after this.

I think he is getting criticised like no tomorrow. Every thread is about him. So called self proclaimed cricket prophets are rampant with their agendas on how they were correct and the ignorant masses have been proven to be delusional. It isnt an ideal day to be a Naseem supporter. So im not sure how he has had it any easier than anyone?

But hey, I guess if he does take wickets tonight even for a lost cause, you can expect people to come back in full force abusing his haters lol.

It's not the lad's fault. I think they rushed him far too early but who knows if he'll do well on home soil against SA. I reckon they should've rested him for NZ, allowed him to play QeA and then utilized for SA home series.

Let the kid express himself...so what he said 'this and that?'
Who cares.
He is 18/19 whatever...he can say whatever he wants.
He's got his whole life ahead of him to make mistakes, come good, make mistakes, come good.
We're not in a hurry.
No one is.

If he's got anything about him between the ears, he will look at this tough period as one that he has learnt from and one that he can reflect on.

When you are taking wicket after wicket at junior levels, it can all be a bit too easy and you don't really learn.

However when you are bowling to the likes of Root and Williamson, you have to be on top of your game and you soon realise what international cricket is all about.

It's a period that one hopes will make him a better cricketer in future.

If he's got anything about him between the ears, he will look at this tough period as one that he has learnt from and one that he can reflect on.

When you are taking wicket after wicket at junior levels, it can all be a bit too easy and you don't really learn.

However when you are bowling to the likes of Root and Williamson, you have to be on top of your game and you soon realise what international cricket is all about.

Well put. Things came bit easy and fast for him.

To begin with he should first take wicket after wicket at FC level. Majority of his FC wickets are taken in 2 games

To begin with he should first take wicket after wicket at FC level. Majority of his FC wickets are taken in 2 games

No, before he's thrown back into domestic cricket, some proper analysis has to be done regarding his action, run-up, and technical aspects regarding his bowling, because things are definitely not right.

No, before he's thrown back into domestic cricket, some proper analysis has to be done regarding his action, run-up, and technical aspects regarding his bowling, because things are definitely not right.

His problems are more technical than tactical.

I still maintain that he is a tremendous talent, which is evident from the fact tyat he can still bowl 140 kph with all of these technical problems.

He desperately needs an real coach to help him, not Wicki bhai's thapkiyan.
Can you get him to Ian pont somehow?

Moral of the story for young players - let the bat and ball do the talking for you in the form of your performances. If you are good, the performances will speak for themselves..

Moral of the story for young players - let the bat and ball do the talking for you in the form of your performances. If you are good, the performances will speak for themselves..

Or atleast say that after you’ve put a string of solid performances. He said that with nothing to back him up. He said sth about Kohli too I remember :facepalm:

To be fair its not all Naseem's fault he gets the bashing. A lot of it has to do with how the fans reacted to him, the selectors who picked him, the coaches who are not qualified changing him. So its a number of things. This should be his last series for at least 3 to 4 years. Our International coaches are not good enough to utilize him as a bowler.

To be fair its not all Naseem's fault he gets the bashing. A lot of it has to do with how the fans reacted to him, the selectors who picked him, the coaches who are not qualified changing him. So its a number of things. This should be his last series for at least 3 to 4 years. Our International coaches are not good enough to utilize him as a bowler.

Firstly there should be raw ingredients for him to be utilized a bowler. Somehow all our youngsters are supposed to be world class and then the coaches ruin them. Put some responsibility on the players

Firstly there should be raw ingredients for him to be utilized a bowler. Somehow all our youngsters are supposed to be world class and then the coaches ruin them. Put some responsibility on the players

I am not denouncing that its not Naseem’s fault that he is not good enough. He does have his issues. However we can’t ignore the elephant in the room. Our coaches are not qualified to help him get better. When you bring in a rookie to the international stage and pair him with a rookie coach, its very unrealistic to hope for things to get better. Thats why he is better off spending time in domestic with better coaches than Waqar and Misbah.

Naseem Shah 24 2 116 0 4.83

:))) He likes to see fear in batsmen's eyes.

Let’s be honest. Sami at his debut was on a different stratosphere to Naseem on his debut. Even pace wise he was a good 5-6 kph faster and in the 140s an extra few kph makes a ton of difference. And his swing was insane. Not a lot of control but the batsmen didn’t know what was happening either. Naseem has none of that.

His career tailed off due to lack of confidence and mental weakness later on on but in the first couple of years he looked every bit as good as he was hyped to be.

I went to a test match in Bengaluru around 2006-07. Sachin wasn't playing but Yuvraj got a 150+ and Ganguly a double. Pak had Sami and Akhtar. Shoaib went off after a few overs and didn't return which was disappointing. But Sami was fast. Was watching the match side-on and man, he was really fast.

I'd played school-level cricket but that pace put the fear of international-level cricket in me and my buddies that day :rabada2

I would lay the blame at the shoulders of Mohammed Abbas as well. he was supposed to be the leader of the attack, guiding youngsters like Naseem and Shaheen Afridi on the ground, between overs. Every team has an experienced bowler who passes on the knowledge or talks through the issues with the younger lot. Somehow Abbas doesn't seem to do it enough.

So what should we do? Disown him because he is playing poorly?

Just stop overhyping every bowler that comes your way. It's become worse than the boy who cried wolf.

Did you know , who is Indian pace bowling coach?
Bharat Arun,he has done zilch about trnsforming this attack
I think it has got to do with their personal coaches, even the much deemed NCA has messed with fitness of few players
The IPL experience also counts,even though it stretches to 54-56 day period but you have inputs from the likes of Bond,Steyn,RR bowling coach Stefan Jones who has done tremendous research on fast bowling

Averages 70 in Australia

Averages 70 in England

Now averages 73 in New Zealand

When are Pak touring South Africa next? :moyo2

I feel for the kid. After his failure in Australia and England, he should not have been selected for this tour. I hope they allow him time to refine himself in domestic now.

I feel for the kid. After his failure in Australia and England, he should not have been selected for this tour. I hope they allow him time to refine himself in domestic now.

That's what he should have been doing from the beginning rather than being thrown into the lion's den against the likes of Williamson and Root.

Because I was extremely jobless earlier this morning. Earlier upload didn't work out :rabada2

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/B8PN4A6" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/B8PN4A6"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

With all due respect please just look at his action. This remodeling is as bad as Anwar Ali after he blew away India in the U19 WC final.

It’s really not good taste to cut into a kid at his lowest.

Does anyone have Before and After action of Naseem? His action feels different than it was when he started his career.

That's what he should have been doing from the beginning rather than being thrown into the lion's den against the likes of Williamson and Root.

I am not against trying out youngsters early in their career but when he has had two complete tours and has looked at sea, its obvious he needs work.

With all due respect please just look at his action. This remodeling is as bad as Anwar Ali after he blew away India in the U19 WC final.

It’s really not good taste to cut into a kid at his lowest.

Why do you think he changed his action? Is it due to his injury or anyone advised him to do it? Changing natural action is never a good idea.

Why do you think he changed his action? Is it due to his injury or anyone advised him to do it? Changing natural action is never a good idea.

Waqar was getting a lot of flak for being ineffective, and there were (stupid) complaints that Naseem was spraying the ball around a bit. He had some minor technical issues that needed to be adjusted like hip alignment and direction of the feet, but rather than focus on these, Waqar shortened his runup (the primary reason for the drop in pace) and told him to focus on line and length, channel bowling.

Naseem’s strength has always been the short ball and bouncer, as well as pitching it up — after terrorizing Australia A he showed some glimpses of this against Australia (despite returning bad figures) and then Bangladesh and Sri Lanka where he excelled, though the opposition is not a good benchmark.

Against England, he did not do well. He bowled some very good balls and got Joe Root out, but he was also recovering from injury and had not bowled in months, combined with Waqar changing his style of bowling to focus on the corridor channel.

As a result, despite us being in a position to win the first Test, Naseem did NOT use his strength and employ the short ball against Woakes, which he had gotten out to something like 6 times in his last 8 innings.

By the third test, Naseem was bowling with a shortened runup (Waqar’s out of the box idea to help him with his control).

Now in New Zealand, his side on action has become slightly more front on and open chested, which I presume is to help with injuries by reducing the load on his back. However, there were ways to reduce this load NOT by making such a big change but rather by improving his hip rotation when he enters delivery stride, also making use of his non-bowling arm to pivot better. He actually used to do the second (use of non bowling arm) already after he did 1 year rehabilitation at the NCA following a back injury in 2018, but Waqar has actually reduced the use of that too, now that his chest faces the batsman more, and the need to pivot using the non-bowling arm for stability is less required. In other words, the minor technical changes that should have been done were not done, and instead his runup shortened and action modified. I am not a bowling expert, but this is just what I’ve been able to gather from my untrained eye.

What people (I’m talking non-Pakistanis too like Holding) used to call a beautiful bowling action that reminds of Lillee (in style, not in ability), now looks a shadow of what it used to be.

These changes have taken a toll on Naseem’s zip, which he used to generate his pace (further exacerbated by the shortened runup) and which last year troubled the likes of Usman Khwaja, Marcus Harris in the Australia A game and David Warner in the Test (out on a no ball in his 30s, before he made his 300, and then again got out to Naseem - fair enough, not a good performance on debut, and I was never one of those calling him Fred Trueman, simply one who thought he had potential).

There is a reason he was being compared to Jofra Archer, not just by Pakistanis but English commentators too who were criticizing Archer for not being able to maintain his speeds in his second and third spell while Naseem was able to do so.

The proof is in the pudding. I am not denying that the Naseem you see now is a very bad bowler. But I also believe that if he were to go back to his natural runup (one of the things you never or very rarely change in a bowler), and continue to bowl side-on with better hip rotation and use of the non-bowling arm, he can be much more threatening - at this point, I will not mind if he is criticized and fails to improve.

I just don’t appreciate the majority of people on this forum and on social media kicking a kid when he’s down, that too through no fault of his own.

Waqar was getting a lot of flak for being ineffective, and there were (stupid) complaints that Naseem was spraying the ball around a bit. He had some minor technical issues that needed to be adjusted like hip alignment and direction of the feet, but rather than focus on these, Waqar shortened his runup (the primary reason for the drop in pace) and told him to focus on line and length, channel bowling.

Naseem’s strength has always been the short ball and bouncer, as well as pitching it up — after terrorizing Australia A he showed some glimpses of this against Australia (despite returning bad figures) and then Bangladesh and Sri Lanka where he excelled, though the opposition is not a good benchmark.

Against England, he did not do well. He bowled some very good balls and got Joe Root out, but he was also recovering from injury and had not bowled in months, combined with Waqar changing his style of bowling to focus on the corridor channel.

As a result, despite us being in a position to win the first Test, Naseem did NOT use his strength and employ the short ball against Woakes, which he had gotten out to something like 6 times in his last 8 innings.

By the third test, Naseem was bowling with a shortened runup (Waqar’s out of the box idea to help him with his control).

Now in New Zealand, his side on action has become slightly more front on and open chested, which I presume is to help with injuries by reducing the load on his back. However, there were ways to reduce this load NOT by making such a big change but rather by improving his hip rotation when he enters delivery stride, also making use of his non-bowling arm to pivot better. He actually used to do the second (use of non bowling arm) already after he did 1 year rehabilitation at the NCA following a back injury in 2018, but Waqar has actually reduced the use of that too, now that his chest faces the batsman more, and the need to pivot using the non-bowling arm for stability is less required. In other words, the minor technical changes that should have been done were not done, and instead his runup shortened and action modified. I am not a bowling expert, but this is just what I’ve been able to gather from my untrained eye.

What people (I’m talking non-Pakistanis too like Holding) used to call a beautiful bowling action that reminds of Lillee (in style, not in ability), now looks a shadow of what it used to be.

These changes have taken a toll on Naseem’s zip, which he used to generate his pace (further exacerbated by the shortened runup) and which last year troubled the likes of Usman Khwaja, Marcus Harris in the Australia A game and David Warner in the Test (out on a no ball in his 30s, before he made his 300, and then again got out to Naseem - fair enough, not a good performance on debut, and I was never one of those calling him Fred Trueman, simply one who thought he had potential).

There is a reason he was being compared to Jofra Archer, not just by Pakistanis but English commentators too who were criticizing Archer for not being able to maintain his speeds in his second and third spell while Naseem was able to do so.

The proof is in the pudding. I am not denying that the Naseem you see now is a very bad bowler. But I also believe that if he were to go back to his natural runup (one of the things you never or very rarely change in a bowler), and continue to bowl side-on with better hip rotation and use of the non-bowling arm, he can be much more threatening - at this point, I will not mind if he is criticized and fails to improve.

I just don’t appreciate the majority of people on this forum and on social media kicking a kid when he’s down, that too through no fault of his own.

Spot on. WY has done his magic to the kid and everyone is crucifying the ypoung fella. He should be sent to domestic and should never be even close to WY if he has to make a return

Naseem is a having a massive reality check against New Zealand. He still has time and potential to make a successful Pakistan career for himself.

He needs to put the hard yards in like Hasan Ali has been doing. He needs the right coaches around him like Mohammad Zahid and he needs to 3 to 5 full seasons of domestic cricket. He isn't the finished article whatsoever but that doesn't mean he can't great bowler.

True he’s been given too much to do too early should’ve been given a lighter introduction and played more domestic cricket unfortunately Waqar and Misbah have no clue how to manage young players and their careers can be short lived.

I agree. Saj, do you expect the bowling coach to take some responsibility (for both failures as well to help correct them for Naseem). The kid is getting bashed up everywhere and coach, who is a former star, is hiding.

Oh my.

1 over, 19 runs, thanks for coming.

Looks like he did not see any fear in Munro’s eyes.

:))) :)))

Oh my.

1 over, 19 runs, thanks for coming.

Looks like he did not see any fear in Munro’s eyes.

:))) :)))

The fascination for pace has earned him chances after chances,, This guy with his flawed bowling action got hammered in newzealand , just remembered seeing that post above the six from daryl mitchell.. Gave away 140 runs in 26 overs in a test match

How did he earn his spot back without performing in domestic cricket

No talent as of now. Sami was more talented then this boy.
Needs a lot work.. But highly unlikely he will succeed against top teams.
Plus add to that the PCB, which Destroys more careers then making them.

Loving these Brock Lesnar comments from a 16 year old. Surely they create more anger in haters. Keep it up fella!

looks like could not keep up and match his words to his output on the field.
getting carted around a lot recently.

Any more criticism of Naseem feels like bullying the kid. I don't want to do that to him. He is not even 20 yet. Sure he has flaws but he just needs to step away from the limelight and improve his skills and confidence and then come back.

People will bash Waqar until they realize that Naseem was never as good as they thought.

As I said earlier, people will go through the following steps on the road to accepting Naseem’s mediocrity.

First they will be in denial and make excuse for his failures. We were at that stage in England.

Then they will come up with some funny criteria to explain that he is doing well. He took wickets of top ranked batsmen, he took Root out, he did this, he did that etc.

Once that drama ends, they will then target Waqar and blame him for ruining his action and asking him to slow down etc., even though there isn’t a shred of evidence for it.

The final stage would be to acknowledge that he was never good enough. They will stop talking about him and will move on to hyping another rubbish young player out of sheer desperation.

Which stage are we in now :qdkcheeky

Not gonna sing praises for Naseem as I feel he needs to earn his place by playing domestic cricket and putting in the performances but this is T20 cricket where bowlers get tonked. Every Quetta bowler got taken to the cleaners today. Keep that in perspective

What I do have a problem with is Mohd Wasim selecting him when he is devoid of confidence and performances to earn his place back in the team.

Not gonna sing praises for Naseem as I feel he needs to earn his place by playing domestic cricket and putting in the performances but this is T20 cricket where bowlers get tonked. Every Quetta bowler got taken to the cleaners today. Keep that in perspective

What I do have a problem with is Mohd Wasim selecting him when he is devoid of confidence and performances to earn his place back in the team.

Rather Twenty20 or Test match Naseem will get tonked. He is not a special bowler people think he is. Its time to move on from him.

Which stage are we in now :qdkcheeky

About to enter the final stage where people will acknowledge the fact that he is simply a poor bowler with no talent and skill.

He is not international material. It is not about his injuries, it is not about Waqar or Misbah, it is not about confidence etc.

He is just a very bad bowler with no future at the top level. End of story.

About to enter the final stage where people will acknowledge the fact that he is simply a poor bowler with no talent and skill.

He is not international material. It is not about his injuries, it is not about Waqar or Misbah, it is not about confidence etc.

Not really. You said the same Garbage about Hasan Ali when Rohit Sharma and Dhawan tonked him in the Asia Cup 2018.

Not really. You said the same Garbage about Hasan Ali when Rohit Sharma and Dhawan tonked him in the Asia Cup 2018.

Hassan is a good Limited Overs bowler. He was brought back to earth in the Asia Cup, but he has some pedigree in the shorter formats. You cannot lead the wickets charts in an ICC tournament without having some ability.

There is nothing common between Hassan and Naseem.

Naseem has not managed to run through a quality batting lineup even once in his career so far. He is simply not that at level.

He is only good for teams like Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe etc.

Naseem is even worse than Haris Rauf and Hasnain who are both deeply mediocre bowlers and not international class either.

Shaheen is the only quality, all-format fast bowler in Pakistan. Hassan is not a proper Test bowler irrespective of his performance against South Africa in the Rawalpindi Test.

Nevertheless, you can say what you want. The bottom-line is that anyone who is hopeful that Naseem will turn things around and have a stellar international career is only setting himself up for disappointment, because it is not going to happen.

Is Naseem young enough and due for a final growth spurt? A few more inches and Junaids will be all over him.

What a bloody shambles how the management are utilising this fella, they are fast tracking him to the sewage

Why was this guy again selected for the WI tour?

He has done nothing to prove himself. Rubbish bowler

I agree. He is completely out of his depth at 17 or 25 or whatever his age his.
No reverse swing, no swing, no natural deviation. No talent as of now.
Plus short height and no bounce. No skills to show off. Battering a hapless low class Bangladesh or Sri Lankan batting is of no use.
Even Ishant Sharma troubled great Ponting at age 19, and Bhuvaneshwar has a fiver in England. And these guys are considered trundlers by Pakistani fans. Don't know what [MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION] sees in him. Poor cricketer as of now.

Should be a fixture in Pakistan test team but Alas the skipper likes timid and defensive mindset players

Naseem Shah's first over in T20Is - one of the best you will see. Took one wicket, should have had two and with a bit of luck could have taken three.

Brilliant start from him.

He is a special bowler, he showed his quality against Australia batting line up.

Back