10 ODI teams from hypothetical draft - Choose your TOP THREE!

Which is the strongest team?

• therealAB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • freelance_cricketer

• Ab fan

• andy0204

• Abdullah719

• mumtaz

• Total voters

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
These are the 10 teams picked by the posters in our draft. Please choose your top 3 and list them in order. You may also vote on the poll but the main objective is to list the top 3 so we can recognize the three best teams.

therealABfreelance_cricketerjeeteshssaxenaAb fanandy0204
Sanath JayasuriyaSachin TendulkarHerschelle GibbsVirender SehwagQuinton de Kock (wk)
Mark WaughMatthew HaydenJonny Bairstow (wk)Gordon GreenidgeNathan Astle
Joe RootShahid AfridiJacques KallisBrian LaraFaf du Plessis
Dean JonesBabar AzamViv Richards ©Aravinda de SilvaRoss Taylor
Shakib Al HasanLokesh RahulInzamam-ul-HaqAndy Flower (wk)Arjuna Ranatunga
MS Dhoni © (wk)Shimron HetmyerSuresh RainaClive Lloyd ©Michael Bevan
Glenn MaxwellBrendon McCullum (wk)David MillerIan BothamChris Cairns
Mitchell StarcKapil Dev ©Malcolm MarshallWasim AkramImran Khan ©
Darren GoughShane WarneSaqlain MushtaqAbdul QadirBrad Hogg
Trent BoultBrett LeeJoel GarnerMohammad ShamiChaminda Vaas
Allan DonaldMohammad AmirWaqar YounisDennis LilleeShoaib Akhtar

Abdullah719maddgeniusWatsupdocmumtazThunderbolt14
Shikhar DhawanRohit SharmaHashim AmlaAdam Gilchrist (wk)Sourav Ganguly
Mahela Jayawardene ©Tillakaratne DilshanDavid WarnerSaeed AnwarChris Gayle
Zaheer AbbasVirat KohliRicky Ponting ©Steve SmithKane Williamson
Mohammad AzharuddinMichael Clarke ©Kumar Sangakkara (wk)Mohammad YousufMartin Crowe ©
AB de Villiers (wk)Shane WatsonKevin PietersenEoin Morgan ©Javed Miandad
Yuvraj SinghJos Buttler (wk)Andrew SymondsMichael HusseyAlex Carey (wk)
Ben StokesLance KlusenerAndrew FlintoffAbdul RazzaqRichard Hadlee
Mitchell JohnsonJofra ArcherShaun PollockAnil KumbleDaniel Vettori
Andy RobertsGraeme SwannDale SteynPat CumminsShane Bond
Imran TahirMorne MorkelSaeed AjmalCurtly AmbroseGlenn McGrath
Lasith MalingaMichael HoldingNathan BrackenJasprit BumrahMuttiah Muralitharan

Last edited:
So here is the reasoning behind the Hakeems XI:

A solid top and middle batting order, consisting of ATG players. The lower order is one of the best among all the teams and bats very deep with Pollock coming in at 8. Proper 5 bowling options, that are all wicket taking options.

Everyone is also a good/great fielder barring Ajmal.

1 - Hashim Amla: One of the ATG openers in ODI cricket, with over 8000 runs and average 50 at a strike rate of 88. Also holds multiple records such as being the fast to 1000, 2000, 3000...7000 runs.

2 -David Warner: One of the most destructive opening batsman in the modern game. Can destroy any bowling attack on his day. Avg of 46 at a strike rate of 95. And to top if off a gun fielder.

3 - Ricky Ponting: This man needs no introduction. Simply an all time great with over 13000 runs and could shift gears at will. A two times world cup winning captain and again a brilliant fielder.

4 - Kumar Sangakkara: Another ATG wk/batsman. One of the best wicket-keepers of all time and brilliant player behind the stumps as well as in front of them. Scoring over 14000 runs and also holds the record for scoring 4 consecutive hundreds in a WC.

5 - Kevin Pietersen: One of the greatest batsman for England and could destroy any line-up on his day as well. Over 4000 runs, avg of 40.73 at a strike rate of 86. He's the ideal man to follow Punter and Sanga to provide the impetus to up the anti even further.

6 - Andrew Symonds: Another ATG middle/lower order batsman. Over 500 runs, avg of 40 at a strike rate of 92. The big hitting batting A/R from the great Australian team and a 2 time WC winner. He's the ideal man at number 6 to play the role of the finisher with some big hitting. Can also act as the sixth bowling option. Also one of the best fielder the world has ever seen.

7 - Andrew Flintoff: Another ATG all-rounder from England. Avg of 32 with the bat and 24 with the ball. Provides the perfect balance to the side with his big hitting at the back-end of the innings and with his death bowling with his accurate yorkers.

8 - Shaun Pollock: Another ATG bowling A/R. Batting avg of 26 and a bowling avg of 24, took 393 wickets and had the best economy rate (3.67) from the bowlers of his era. Acts as another finisher with the bat and will open the bowling with new ball.

9 - Dale Steyn: One of the greatest fast bowlers from South Africa. Bowling avg of 25.95, econ rate of 4.87 and a strike rate of 31.9 (one of the best). Can bowl with new ball or as 1st change and also a great option at death.

10 - Saeed Ajmal: The wizard himself. Was a cornerstone of the Pakistani one-day team. Took 184 wickets at an average of 22.72 and a meagre economy rate of 4.18. One of the best spinners in LOI to have played for Pakistan. Will control the innings in the middle and can even bowl in death.

11 - Nathan Bracken: A very underrated player. A 2 times WC Winner and a great swing bowler. Took 174 wickets at an avg of 24.36 and a economy rate of 4.41 and that two while playing in an era when the likes of Tendulkar, Sehwag, Jayasuria played. Will also be a very useful bowler on sticky wickets and adds a left-arm variety to the bowling unit.

So here is the reasoning behind the Hakeems XI:

A solid top and middle batting order, consisting of ATG players. The lower order is one of the best among all the teams and bats very deep with Pollock coming in at 8. Proper 5 bowling options, that are all wicket taking options.

Everyone is also a good/great fielder barring Ajmal.

1 - Hashim Amla: One of the ATG openers in ODI cricket, with over 8000 runs and average 50 at a strike rate of 88. Also holds multiple records such as being the fast to 1000, 2000, 3000...7000 runs.

2 -David Warner: One of the most destructive opening batsman in the modern game. Can destroy any bowling attack on his day. Avg of 46 at a strike rate of 95. And to top if off a gun fielder.

3 - Ricky Ponting: This man needs no introduction. Simply an all time great with over 13000 runs and could shift gears at will. A two times world cup winning captain and again a brilliant fielder.

4 - Kumar Sangakkara: Another ATG wk/batsman. One of the best wicket-keepers of all time and brilliant player behind the stumps as well as in front of them. Scoring over 14000 runs and also holds the record for scoring 4 consecutive hundreds in a WC.

5 - Kevin Pietersen: One of the greatest batsman for England and could destroy any line-up on his day as well. Over 4000 runs, avg of 40.73 at a strike rate of 86. He's the ideal man to follow Punter and Sanga to provide the impetus to up the anti even further.

6 - Andrew Symonds: Another ATG middle/lower order batsman. Over 500 runs, avg of 40 at a strike rate of 92. The big hitting batting A/R from the great Australian team and a 2 time WC winner. He's the ideal man at number 6 to play the role of the finisher with some big hitting. Can also act as the sixth bowling option. Also one of the best fielder the world has ever seen.

7 - Andrew Flintoff: Another ATG all-rounder from England. Avg of 32 with the bat and 24 with the ball. Provides the perfect balance to the side with his big hitting at the back-end of the innings and with his death bowling with his accurate yorkers.

8 - Shaun Pollock: Another ATG bowling A/R. Batting avg of 26 and a bowling avg of 24, took 393 wickets and had the best economy rate (3.67) from the bowlers of his era. Acts as another finisher with the bat and will open the bowling with new ball.

9 - Dale Steyn: One of the greatest fast bowlers from South Africa. Bowling avg of 25.95, econ rate of 4.87 and a strike rate of 31.9 (one of the best). Can bowl with new ball or as 1st change and also a great option at death.

10 - Saeed Ajmal: The wizard himself. Was a cornerstone of the Pakistani one-day team. Took 184 wickets at an average of 22.72 and a meagre economy rate of 4.18. One of the best spinners in LOI to have played for Pakistan. Will control the innings in the middle and can even bowl in death.

11 - Nathan Bracken: A very underrated player. A 2 times WC Winner and a great swing bowler. Took 174 wickets at an avg of 24.36 and a economy rate of 4.41 and that two while playing in an era when the likes of Tendulkar, Sehwag, Jayasuria played. Will also be a very useful bowler on sticky wickets and adds a left-arm variety to the bowling unit.

Thanks for sharing the detailed reasons bro otherwise I was really confused why would anyone pick these guys.

Now i can make an informed decision.

1- [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]
2- [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]

Confused between [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] for Number #3 spot. [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] has 5 proper bowlers but lower order looks a bit week. Firepower in Abdullah's XI is too hard to ignore especially AB, Yuvi and Stokes at 5,6 and 7 but he has Ben Stokes/Yuvi as 5th bowlers so I'll tie them both at #3

The teams with best bowling attacks are [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION], [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]. But thunderbolt14 side is overall not balanced enough.

I think [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION] has the best side among all with his four bowlers and Viv the GOAT alone. [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] also has balanced side with aggressive top order, stable middle order and five genuine bowlers. [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] has great side but a genuine spinner would have been better.

My three picks are
[MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]
[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]

1) [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]

Fantastic batting lineup with Viv, Inzi and Kallis in the middle order but the bowling is the main strength of this team. Waqar, Garner, Saqi and Marshal in the same team. Madness.

2) [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]

Well-rounded team from top to bottom, the middle order of Ponting, Sanga and Pitereson with Symonds and Flintoff coming in as finishers is just brilliant. Bowling line-up is pretty solid too.

3) [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]

Kohli and Sharma along with some explosive allrounders make for a very good batting lineup. And bowling lineup holds its own too. It was tough to choose between Thunderbolt14 and maddgenius but decided to go with MG mainly because of Thunderbolt14's keeper and lack of finishers.

[MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] [MENTION=133998]Azzurri[/MENTION] [MENTION=137118]Mir jibran[/MENTION] - guys vote away :usman

[MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION] @Trent Devil [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] [MENTION=147674]The Viper[/MENTION] @Mamager102 [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] @Smhhayi - vote away guys :usman

[MENTION=70195]AFM[/MENTION] @Trent Devil [MENTION=137764]Manager101[/MENTION] [MENTION=147674]The Viper[/MENTION] @Mamager102 [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] [MENTION=139075]Hadi Rizvi[/MENTION] [MENTION=10164]Deewana Mastana[/MENTION] [MENTION=144551]Geil[/MENTION] @Smhhayi - vote away guys :usman

Doc relying on PPCL support. I see :usman

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] :afridi

[MENTION=152120]TrentDevil[/MENTION] [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] - cast your rankings peeps :yk2

1. [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]

2 [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]

3. [MENTION=555]mumtaz[/MENTION]

Maddgenius has Kohli, Sharma, Buttler, Kluesener, Watson and Dilshan, even 500 runs is possible with this batting line up

[MENTION=135989]world cup captain[/MENTION] [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] :salute

Standings after 4 votes:

1) [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION] - 11 Points
2) [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] - 4 points
2) Maddgenius - 4 Points
4) [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] - 3 points
5) [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] [MENTION=555]mumtaz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] with 1 point each

My ranking-
1. Freelance Cricketer
2. TherealAB
3. Jeetesh Saxena

In my opinion these are the only three lineups where the bowling can trouble the opposition. I believe this is an underlooked aspect so far and most other attacks do not have more than 2 bowlers each that will pick you the wickets of the likes of the best batsmen in the world

Watsupdoc has the best batting depth in my opinion but bowling a little weak. AB Fan was my other choice.

My ranking-
1. Freelance Cricketer
2. TherealAB
3. Jeetesh Saxena

In my opinion these are the only three lineups where the bowling can trouble the opposition. I believe this is an underlooked aspect so far and most other attacks do not have more than 2 bowlers each that will pick you the wickets of the likes of the best batsmen in the world

Watsupdoc has the best batting depth in my opinion but bowling a little weak. AB Fan was my other choice.

What's weak about the bowling bro? :))

What's weak about the bowling bro? :))

Relatively I mean :)) some of my favorite players and I even picked Steyn in my test lineup, but Steyn for example is a gun test bowler but relatively average in ODI. Also Andrew Flintoff and Nathan Bracken are clutch but I wouldn’t rely on them to defend 300 for me. So actually your entire bowling lineup revolves around Shaun Pollock who is an excellent pick

Overall you’re still my 4th pick.

My top three picks:

1) jeeteshssaxena - Has a good balance and have 3 ATG bowlers in Saqlain, Joel and Garner. However Marshall was decent in LOI (didn't pick a 5fer and had a strike rate of over 40), while Kallis and Viv make up the fifth bowler, which can be a slight weakness as well. The batting is strong is strong though, even though Raina could be a slight weakness at 6.

2) maddgenius - That's a gun batting line-up, with Rohit and Kohli being 2 modern greats. Lower order is really strong as well with Watson, Buttler and Klusener. Decent spin option in Swann and 5th bowling options in Kluesner / Watson. Jofra Archer is should be in an all time XI though, he has hardly started playing.

3) Will tie andy0204 / mumtaz - former has overall a better bowling attack and a better captain, but lacks fire power down the order, although has Bevan there which is a plus point. Mumtaz' bowling attack is weaker (only Ambrose / Bumrah are genuine wicket-takers), but a better lower order with Hussey/Razzaq.

Relatively I mean :)) some of my favorite players and I even picked Steyn in my test lineup, but Steyn for example is a gun test bowler but relatively average in ODI. Also Andrew Flintoff and Nathan Bracken are clutch but I wouldn’t rely on them to defend 300 for me. So actually your entire bowling lineup revolves around Shaun Pollock who is an excellent pick

Overall you’re still my 4th pick.

Steyn has a great strike rate in ODers (agreed he's much better in Tests, but he's still pretty good in ODers) and Flintoff one of the best death bowlers. While Pollock and Bracken are clutch with new ball. For sure Pollock is the main bowler, but the rest are not average either :))

1. [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]
2. @jeeteshsaxena
3. [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]/@Thunderbolt14 - the former has Archer and the latter has Carey, so I can't pick which one to rank as 3rd - would like this vote to be tied :usman

Saare dost khush :amir :yk Jkjk :usman

I think [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION] is obviously the best. Very difficult to decide 2 and 3. On paper, [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] is the 2nd best but I cannot vote for it considering Ajmal is there, I will pretend that instead of Ajmal, there is Arshad Khan which makes the team significantly weaker. My top 3 are
1. [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] - except for Hetmeyer, this team would be competing for top place

1 [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] (a very easy first pick, formidable batting line up)

2 [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] (Kohli, Sharma and klusener)

3 [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] (McGrath and Muralitharan)

I think [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION] is obviously the best. Very difficult to decide 2 and 3. On paper, [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] is the 2nd best but I cannot vote for it considering Ajmal is there, I will pretend that instead of Ajmal, there is Arshad Khan which makes the team significantly weaker. My top 3 are
3. [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] - except for Hetmeyer, this team would be competing for top place

Arshad Khan had a brilliant economy rate :))

First pick is <B>Jeeteshssaxena</B>. I knew he was winning it even when he picked Joel Garner as he already had Viv Richards and Saqlain Mushtaq. Great team really.

2nd pick is tough really. Watsupdoc has the best batting lineup but he has only one spinner, Symonds in his team, can't really call the other one a spinner.

I would have picked my team as second pick as its a very clutch team with world cup winners but since I can't , I will say @<B>thunderbolt14</B>. His bowling is so awesome that he will never need to chase more than 225 total.

3rd one is a tie between <B>@abdullah719</B> and <B>@maddgenius</B> because Maddy has got a great team, bowling attack could have been better but the final spinner pick was a good one, earning him a place in top3 :yk. Abdullah picked the best batsmen since Viv,ala, :ab and a Klusenar to finish off games, so he is also my third pick.

Bhaijaan started off well with some good picks but then went into troll mode picking the likes of Afridi at no.3 position, Babar, Rahul and Hetmyer lol, ending up with a T20 team rather than a 50-overs format, very good bowling lineup but a comical batting lineup at this point of time.

Last edited:
1 [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]
2 [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]
3 [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] :afridi

1. [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Strong team, very underrated.

The most important aspect of ODI: bowling is perfectly covered. All in all 9/10 from me.

2. [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]

Very strong middle-order and bowling, openers could’ve been better, imo. 8/10

3. [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]

You wouldn’t want this team to chase. Clinical finishers in the side. Also worth a 8/10.

[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]
[MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]
[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION].

[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]
[MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION] / [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION], would like to hear your analysis and rankings on the ODI draft.

1) [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]
2) [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]
3) [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]

These are the best teams imo. Doc's batting lineup is the best and the bowling whilst not the strongest in comparison to other teams, it does the job and guys like Steyn and Bracken are underrated.

Last edited:
1) [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]
2) [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]
3) [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]

[MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] what’s the tally like :usman

I have a feeling jeeteshssaxena is winning by quite a margin :yk

[MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] what’s the tally like :usman

I have a feeling jeeteshssaxena is winning by quite a margin :yk

Update-2.png

Interesting thanks for the update, as expected saxena saab is leading :salute

Saxena sahb has been voted by 17 out of 19 other posters so far :vk1

Number of votes:

Jeeteshssaxena - 17
Watsupdoc - 12
Maddgenius - 11
Ab Fan - 6
Thunderbolt - 6
TherealAB - 5
Abdullah719 - 3
Freelance - 2
Mumtaz - 2
Andy0204 - 1

Saxena sahb has been voted by 17 out of 19 other posters so far :vk1

Number of votes:

Jeeteshssaxena - 17
Watsupdoc - 12
Maddgenius - 11
Ab Fan - 6
Thunderbolt - 6
TherealAB - 5
Abdullah719 - 3
Freelance - 2
Mumtaz - 2
Andy0204 - 1

Just goes to show which are the top 3 teams. The top 3 teams are like Bradman, Sachin and Kohli :))

First pick is <B>Jeeteshssaxena</B>. I knew he was winning it even when he picked Joel Garner as he already had Viv Richards and Saqlain Mushtaq. Great team really.

2nd pick is tough really. Watsupdoc has the best batting lineup but he has only one spinner, Symonds in his team, can't really call the other one a spinner.

I would have picked my team as second pick as its a very clutch team with world cup winners but since I can't , I will say @<B>thunderbolt14</B>. His bowling is so awesome that he will never need to chase more than 225 total.

3rd one is a tie between <B>@abdullah719</B> and <B>@maddgenius</B> because Maddy has got a great team, bowling attack could have been better but the final spinner pick was a good one, earning him a place in top3 :yk. Abdullah picked the best batsmen since Viv,ala, :ab and a Klusenar to finish off games, so he is also my third pick.

Bhaijaan started off well with some good picks but then went into troll mode picking the likes of Afridi at no.3 position, Babar, Rahul and Hetmyer lol, ending up with a T20 team rather than a 50-overs format, very good bowling lineup but a comical batting lineup at this point of time.

A question for you guys do you think Murali chucked? Would he have survived in the modern era when the ‘clamp-down’ started on spinners?

:)) let it go, you’re already second on the charts

I am not saying for votes don’t care about it as much. It’s a genuine question :))

Voted [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]. Great firepower in batting and more than good enough bowling for ODIs.

I quite like [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]'s team. 4 world class bowlers, and hence the batsmen have to take risks against Vettori, who can become too good when the batters try to go after him. Alex Carey is the best middle order WK in the world after Buttler, and he was as good as anyone in the last world cup. The only weakness is lower order with Hadlee and Vettori at 7 and 8, probably one position too high. I'll rank this team first.

The second one is obviously [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]. The bowling lineup is as almost as good as Thunderbolt's, and a better batting lineup, but I feel Vettori as a 5th bowler would be a match winner.

[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]'s team is my 3rd pick. Overall a very balanced team. Not much separates all these 3 teams.

Special mention to [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]'s team. I'd have had it in top 3 if not for Ajmal, who I think wouldn't be effective in today's rules.

Last edited:
I quite like [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]'s team. 4 world class bowlers, and hence the batsmen have to take risks against Vettori, who can become too good when the batters try to go after him. Alex Carey is the best middle order WK in the world after Buttler, and he was as good as anyone in the last world cup. The only weakness is lower order with Hadlee and Vettori at 7 and 8, probably one position too high. I'll rank this team first.

The second one is obviously [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]. The bowling lineup is as almost as good as Thunderbolt's, and a better batting lineup, but I feel Vettori as a 5th bowler would be a match winner.

[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]'s team is my 3rd pick. Overall a very balanced team. Not much separates all these 3 teams.

Special mention to [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]'s team. I'd have had it in top 3 if not for Ajmal, who I think wouldn't be effective in today's rules.

Again same question would Murali be allowed to bowl with today’s rules?

1. @jeeteshsaxena. Undoubtedly the best team.
2. @ Ab fan some of my favorites.
3. @freelance cricketer. Just the cheer of the spectators as sachin and afridi bats together can beat many teams.

whatsup doc has the best bowling line up imo. As far as front line bowlers goes it's close, but flintoff and symonds are better as a 5th bowler than Raina and Kallis. The batting is also close between Jeetesh and Whastupdoc but I would go with Whatsupdoc. Richards is the only reason it's a competition between the two.

My ranking:
1. Whatsupdoc
2. jeeteshsaxena
3. therealAB

only reason thunderbolt14 does not make it is due to the opening combination which is inferior to the rest of the teams

Again same question would Murali be allowed to bowl with today’s rules?

Hakeems have lost 4 points only because of Ajmal. These 04 are from the posters who actually mentioned the reason. Add another 6 points lost where posters haven't mentioned Ajmal factor.

A question for you guys do you think Murali chucked? Would he have survived in the modern era when the ‘clamp-down’ started on spinners?

Murali really gave an open challenge to everyone to prove he is chucking , He has undergone through many tests I think he is legit. to the eyes it looks chucking but after seeing the below video it looks convincing he was a legit legend. I dont know if u have already watched this or not, if not do have a look

Murali really gave an open challenge to everyone to prove he is chucking , He has undergone through many tests I think he is legit. to the eyes it looks chucking but after seeing the below video it looks convincing he was a legit legend. I dont know if u have already watched this or not, if not do have a look

I have indeed, but I think his doosra would have been banned, if not his offies. And we all know Harbhajan and even Ashwin (for some deliveries) threw the ball, but of course they were never checked cause you know why.

Saqi is the only off-spinner had the cleanest action while bowling the doosra.

Also I honestly feel if age was on his side, Ajmal, being the champion bowler that he was, would have come up with a way to be effective even with a remodelled action (especially given that he worked on it with the master Saqlain himself).

I have indeed, but I think his doosra would have been banned, if not his offies. And we all know Harbhajan and even Ashwin (for some deliveries) threw the ball, but of course they were never checked cause you know why.

Saqi is the only off-spinner had the cleanest action while bowling the doosra.

Also I honestly feel if age was on his side, Ajmal, being the champion bowler that he was, would have come up with a way to be effective even with a remodelled action (especially given that he worked on it with the master Saqlain himself).

If I am correct Ajmal was tested quite a few times early in his career and was deemed as legit , it was only at the end I think around that 2015 WC and when the doosra bowlers were targeted aggressively got banned which was right though but when he was deemed legit early in his career by the ICC was certainly a champion bowler

Top: AB Fan
Next: Thunderbolt14
Next: Mumtaz, almost tied with maddgenious

ODI teams are too close to call as more than batting- bowling, combination works better here. I liked the bowling combination of my first team and team combination of 2nd team.

1. [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]

Updated Standings

1- @jeeteshsaxena
2- [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]
3- Maddgenius
4- [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]
5- [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Update-5.png

Updated Standings

1- @jeeteshsaxena