Test Draft - which of these teams is most likely to win a Test in India?

Which team is most likely to win a Test in India?

• Total voters
I pick Andy Roberts. There wasn’t an issue but this time but the next pick should still wait for my pick from the MRR board to be announced here by a mod

[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] up now

Will keep in mind next time :)

So [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] picks MS Dhoni, [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] picks Andy Roberts and [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] picks Imran Khan. The table in OP will be updated in due course.
[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] is next up.

I pick Virender Sehwag.

[MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Even though I have to keep an eye out on the career span of the team, I'm willing to add 31 years to that total by picking two all time greats, one of whom had a middling record against India for some mystifying reason, while the other had anything but.

Brian Lara and Dale Steyn.

Over to [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION] again.

Younis Khan. Most runs in test cricket for Pakistan and also had exceptional record in Indian conditions.
[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]

For reference, cumulative career spans by team have also been updated in the OP table. Imagine that will lead to a scramble for selections at the end of the draft, could get interesting.

Last edited:
I pick Andy Roberts. There wasn’t an issue but this time but the next pick should still wait for my pick from the MRR board to be announced here by a mod

[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] up now

For reference, updated cumulative career spans by team have also been updated in the OP table. Imagine that will lead to a scramble for selections at the end of the draft, could get interesting.

Okay, I didn't knew it is cumulative. Good to note now.

My pick :- Malcolm Marshall
[MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION]

Pls let me know which cricket management game you guys are talking about,I am curious and wants to join you aswell

With that team career limit of 100, it is gonna be serious fun at the end :ashwin

Last edited:
some people being super aggressive with their quotas usage, lol

ken barrington
[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] next

Also [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION] the cumulative year total in the table above is a bit out; it should be final year - starting year + 1

mods, [MENTION=138771]Firebat[/MENTION], any pre-selections in the MRR forum?

mods, [MENTION=138771]Firebat[/MENTION], any pre-selections in the MRR forum?

Nope. [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION]'s turn now and he's not posted any pre-selections.

Not trying to hate but Sachin really got picked after guys like Yasir Shah and Swann lol what

Also [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION] the cumulative year total in the table above is a bit out; it should be final year - starting year + 1

I was thinking this initially but that permutation becomes a bit over-restrictive in some cases. For example, Shane Warne started his career in Jan 92 and finished exactly 15 years later in Jan 2007, using the mooted formula would add an extra year to his career for no reason.

Think it's going to be a difficult condition to meet for a few posters (given how some have gone all guns blazing in their first few picks), that the draft will become a bit farcical by the end if we add 11 extra years to the career spans of all the teams in effect.

I'd propose limiting it such that the minimum span for a player must be 1, so that if someone wishes to pick Ollie Robinson, we add 1 to the cumulative career span rather than 0.

Not sure [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] is gonna post, perhaps [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] might have his pick and shamaan can have his selection whenever he logs in.

Not sure [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] is gonna post, perhaps [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] might have his pick and shamaan can have his selection whenever he logs in.

There are still a few hours left for [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] to make his selection.

[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] has posted his pick in MRR, and I'll post once it's his turn.

I pick Shoaib Akhtar. Provides much needed energy and pace in the bowling. Plus his record in Indian conditions have been great.
[MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION]

This feels a bit like cheating:

Barry Richards and Graeme Pollock.

Perhaps the one and only occasion when I will be slightly pleased from a sporting perspective that those great South African players didn't play more test matches.

Andy Flower. Insane record in Indian conditions.
[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] you are up next.

I pick the legendary leg spinner Richie Benaud. Great record in India.

This feels a bit like cheating:

Barry Richards and Graeme Pollock.

Perhaps the one and only occasion when I will be slightly pleased from a sporting perspective that those great South African players didn't play more test matches.

Starting the selections of players with no matches in India...

Cumulative team spans lest a participant isn't keeping tabs:

• [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION]: 49
  • [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION]: 62
  • [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]: 56
  • [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION]: 60
  • [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]: 38
  • [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION]: 42
  • [MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION]: 68
  • [MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION]: 29
  • [MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION]: 58

Last edited:
Lmao this [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] is picking whatever player I have in my mind. Did it with Sehwag, Root and now Benaud:misbah

I guess it is pretty obvious considering that you have invested a team span of meagre 29 when everyone is hovering around the 40-60 bracket. :afridi

Back to me, [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] can make his picks later

Don't know how Saqlain Mushtaq hung around so long with his record in India, so I'll pick him
[MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION]

Sorry guys I had thought [MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] still had an outstanding pick from the last round

Alvin Kallicharan then

[MENTION=149054]shamaan[/MENTION] when he realised [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] took advantage of him in the game.

images (26).jpg

This draft is becoming like the squid game:91:

Not trying to hate but Sachin really got picked after guys like Yasir Shah and Swann lol what

I was myself surprised no one picked Sachin. When I saw Sachin was available, the 1st thing I did was to pick him up and didn't care that I will lose 24 years to pick him

1st pick is when we shouldn't worry about other restrictions. It's later picks we have to think, analyse and then choose

i need a seamer here, so gonna use up some of my quota.. ian botham
[MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION] up next

I was thinking this initially but that permutation becomes a bit over-restrictive in some cases. For example, Shane Warne started his career in Jan 92 and finished exactly 15 years later in Jan 2007, using the mooted formula would add an extra year to his career for no reason.

Think it's going to be a difficult condition to meet for a few posters (given how some have gone all guns blazing in their first few picks), that the draft will become a bit farcical by the end if we add 11 extra years to the career spans of all the teams in effect.

I'd propose limiting it such that the minimum span for a player must be 1, so that if someone wishes to pick Ollie Robinson, we add 1 to the cumulative career span rather than 0.

What if someone picks Axar Patel. He debuted this year and he shouldn't be available for free. Deduct 1 year of cumulative career span if someone picks Axar Patel but I do agree final year-starting year is good. We can ignore a few months up/down. Adding 1 to it means cumulative span allowed will also have to be increased to 110

What if someone picks Axar Patel. He debuted this year and he shouldn't be available for free. Deduct 1 year of cumulative career span if someone picks Axar Patel but I do agree final year-starting year is good. We can ignore a few months up/down. Adding 1 to it means cumulative span allowed will also have to be increased to 110

Yes, choosing a player that has played less than a year of international cricket will be subject to adding 1 to the career span.

[MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION] has chosen his picks in MRR:

Alan Davidson and Jim Laker.

lob back to [MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION]

I choose the greatest spinner of all time - Axar Patel.

Next up [MENTION=136113]Barragan[/MENTION]

[MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] playing the waiting game like Thala :msd

[MENTION=208]amit[/MENTION] has chosen his picks in MRR:

Alan Davidson and Jim Laker.

lob back to [MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION]

My picks in my turn were going to be Alan Davidson. Left arm pacer who has a excellent record overall and in India as well and is considered as 1 of the greatest left arm pacers of all time alongwith Wasim Akram

Off spinner Jim Laker is mostly known for his 10 wicket haul and the match figures of 19/90 and has a good record overall. By picking Laker, I get both bowlers who have a 10-fer in Tests

Back