1st Four-Day match between Pakistan Shaheens (367/4d) and Bangladesh A (122 & 153/5) ends in a draw

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Shaheens to take on Bangladesh ‘A’ in first four-day on Tuesday

• Pakistan Shaheens include eight players and Bangladesh ‘A’ six players who have also been named in squads for the ICC World Test Championship series, starting 21 August

• PCB to provide action images

Islamabad, 12 August 2024:

The Pakistan Shaheens cricket team will face Bangladesh ‘A’ in the first four-day match at the Islamabad Club from 13-16 August. The second four-day match will be played at the same venue from 20-23 August. The two sides had most recently played a two-match series in Darwin, Australia, which ended in 1-1.

Both Pakistan Shaheens and Bangladesh ‘A’ have packed their sides with players who will feature in the ICC World Test Championship fixtures, to be played in Rawalpindi and Karachi on 21-25 August and 30 August-3 September, respectively. This is due to the fact that both Pakistan and Bangladesh have not played a Test since January and March, respectively. Pakistan’s last Test was against Australia in Sydney, while Bangladesh previous appearance in the current ICC World Test Championship cycle was against Sri Lanka at home in March.

Test probables in the Pakistan Shaheens are Saud Shakeel (captain), Kamran Ghulam, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Huraira, Naseem Shah, Saim Ayub and Sarfaraz Ahmed, while Hasan Mahmud, Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Nayeem Hasan and Zakir Hasan are the Bangladesh ‘A’ players who will join the Test side following the four-day match.

Saud Shakeel, who was recently named Pakistan Test vice-captain and has previously led Shaheens red-ball side against Sri Lanka ‘A’ in October-November 2021, will captain the home side in the first four-day match. Anamul Haque, who has represented Bangladesh in 74 international matches to date, will captain Bangladesh ‘A’.

In the past three years, the Shaheens have played six four-dayers - winning three, losing one and drawing two. The Shaheens began their preparations for the red-ball series on 7 August at the Islamabad Club under the supervision of head coach Umar Gul, while Bangladesh ‘A’ arrived in Islamabad on 10 August.

Sameen Gul has been withdrawn from the Shaheens squad as a precautionary measure. A replacement will be announced in due course.

Pakistan Shaheens captain Saud Shakeel

“It is an honour for me to lead the Pakistan Shaheens team. I have led this team on a few occasions in the past. I always enjoy my captaincy as I get involved in the game more than usual.

“This four-day series is crucial as some of the players have not played red-ball cricket recently. So, the match starting on Tuesday will serve as an important opportunity for the Test probables to gear up and be fully prepared and ready for the upcoming challenges that include nine ICC World Test Championship Tests.

“Bangladesh are always competitive, particularly with spin. We look forward to the challenge on our home turf.”

Bangladesh ‘A’ captain Anamul Haque

“We have been very excited about facing the Pakistan Shaheens side in their backyard. The Shaheens squad looks strong, especially the fast bowling department. With the highly experienced players on either side, the first four-dayer will be highly competitive.

“This series is also crucial for the Bangladesh players looking to prepare for the upcoming Test series and youngsters who aim to stake a claim in the senior side.”

Squad

Pakistan Shaheens squad (for first four-day match
): Saud Shakeel (captain), Kamran Ghulam, Mehran Mumtaz, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Rameez Jnr, Mohammad Huraira, Naseem Shah, Saad Baig (wicket-keeper), Saad Khan, Saim Ayub, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wicket-keeper) and Umar Amin

Bangladesh ‘A’ squad (for first four-day match): Anamul Haque (captain), Hasan Mahmud, Hasan Murad, Mahidul Islam Ankon, Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Mominul Haque, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, Mushfiqur Rahim, Nayeem Hasan, Rejaur Rahman Raja, Ruyel Miah, Sahadat Hossain, Tanvir Islam, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Zakir Hasan

Match officials: Faisal Aafreedi and Imran Jawed (on-field umpires), Zulfiqar Jan (third umpire), Nadeem Arshad (match referee)

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Team captains with series trophy
1723482285169.png

Attachments

• 1723482017335.png
    1723482017335.png
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 4
I think one of Saad Khan and Umar Amin and one of Sarfraz and Saad Baig will sit out.

Pakistan Shaheens vs Bangladesh 'A' - First four-day match - Islamabad Club

Toss Update:

The toss has been delayed due to a wet outfield. The next inspection will take place at 9.45 am.

Update on Toss/Start of play

The ground staff are working to dry the wet patches on the ground. Next inspection will take place at 11.30am.

Gvnjasd.jpeg

9cWWbq2.jpeg

Update

The toss will take place at 1.30pm and the play is expected to begin at 2pm.

Next two days

Heavy rain expected starting tommrow it will be waste of time and a washout

Pakistan Shaheens vs Bangladesh 'A' - First four-day match - *Islamabad Club*

Toss Update 🪙

Bangladesh 'A' won the toss and elected to bat first

pwNDKvw.jpeg

t9GYKBc.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan Shaheens vs Bangladesh 'A' - First four- Day - Islamabad

55 overs to be bowled on Day 1. If not completed by 6pm, the play will be extended for half an hour.

Tea Break

Bangladesh 'A' 29-1, 15 overs (Mahmudul Hasan Joy 21 not out, Anamul Haque 6 not out; Mir Hamza 1-15)

Update

At 6pm, Bangladesh 'A' are 119-9 in 44 overs.

The umpires have decided to extend the session by half an hour.

Pakistan Shaheens vs Bangladesh 'A' - First four-day match - *Islamabad Club*

Innings break

Bangladesh 'A' 122 all out, 44.3 overs (Mahmudul Hasan Joy 65; Naseem Shah 3-24, Mir Hamza 3-33, Mohammad Rameez Jnr 2-41, Umar Amin 1-4, Mohammad Ali 1-14)

Naseem shines on red-ball return as Shaheens register commanding performance on day one

Islamabad, 13 August 2024:

Pakistan Shaheens excelled with the ball on the opening day against Bangladesh ‘A’ in the first four-day match as the visitors were all out for 122 in 44.3 overs on a rain-hampered day one at the Islamabad Club.

In reply, Pakistan Shaheens’ opening batters, Saim Ayub and Mohammad Huraira, scored two runs in two overs before the stumps were drawn six minutes earlier than the scheduled close of play due to bad light.

Earlier, the two teams had to wait for four hours to get into action due to wet outfield. Mir Hamza drew first blood for Shaheens as he castled Zakir Hasan for a seven-ball duck.

Apart from Mahmudul Hasan Joy, who top-scored with a gritty 65 off 116 balls hitting nine fours, only Mominul Haque (11, 15b, 2x4s), Mushfiqur Rahim (14, 27b, 1x4, 1x6) and Rejaur Rehman Raja (10, 17b, 1x4) got into double figures.

Mahmudul and Mushfiqur were also involved in the most productive partnership for Bangladesh A which was a 38-run stand, which was broken by Mohammad Ali.

The Shaheens pacers shared eight wickets among them with Naseem Shah, making his return to red-ball cricket after more than a year, taking the 3-24 in 8.3 overs. Hamza bagged as many wickets giving away 33 runs in 11 overs.

Ali was the most economical bowler as he conceded only 14 runs in 11 overs, picking up the valuable wicket of Mushfiqur, including six maidens.

Umar Amin provided an important breakthrough for Shaheens as he dismissed the well-set Mahmudul. Leg-spinner Mohammad Rameez Jnr eked out two wickets for 41 runs in 11 overs.

Scores in brief

Pakistan Shaheens trail by 120 runs

Bangladesh 'A' 122 all out, 44.3 overs (Mahmudul Hasan Joy 65; Naseem Shah 3-24, Mir Hamza 3-33, Mohammad Rameez Jnr 2-41)

Pakistan Shaheens 2-0, 2 overs (Saim Ayub 2 not out)

Superb bowling performance by Pakistan pacers

Update:

The second day's play will begin at 9.45am.

Honestly never thought I would see an A team which properly represents the talent in Pakistan.

Finally we are beginning to see Karachites get their fair go in the team. Hopefully this will apply to the national team too.

Saad Khan is another gem of a player who I reckon is already good enough for a place in the test team. Although I do respect Salman Ali Agha, I believe Saad Khan will be a much better investment for the long term

Saad Baig is another brilliant young batsmen and already a better option than Rizwan, Haris and Haseebullah for the test and LOI teams. When Saifi retires he is easily the best man to take over

Honestly never thought I would see an A team which properly represents the talent in Pakistan.

Finally we are beginning to see Karachites get their fair go in the team. Hopefully this will apply to the national team too.

Saad Khan is another gem of a player who I reckon is already good enough for a place in the test team. Although I do respect Salman Ali Agha, I believe Saad Khan will be a much better investment for the long term

Saad Baig is another brilliant young batsmen and already a better option than Rizwan, Haris and Haseebullah for the test and LOI teams. When Saifi retires he is easily the best man to take over

Have you seen both Saad play or even see their profile?

I am Saad too and a karachites as well but sadly both of these 2 players are extremely mediocre.

Have you seen both Saad play or even see their profile?

I am Saad too and a karachites as well but sadly both of these 2 players are extremely mediocre.
He has an average of 43 in FC cricket batting at 3.

Those are good numbers and if groomed properly he can be a vital asset to the team

Lunch break - Day 2:

Pakistan Shaheens trail by seven runs

Pakistan Shaheens 115-1, 28 overs (Umar Amin 61 not out, Mohammad Huraira 38 not out, Saim Ayub 11; Tanzim Hasan 1-12)

Bangladesh 'A' first innings 122 all out, 44.3 overs

Tea break - Day 2

Pakistan Shaheens lead by 115 runs

Pakistan Shaheens 237-2, 57 overs (Umar Amin 135 not out, Mohammad Huraira 39, Saud Shakeel 44 not out, Saim Ayub 11; Tanzim Hasan 1-41, Nayeem Hasan 1-59)

Umar Amin has scored his 32nd first-class century against Bangladesh A in the 1st Four-Day match. It's good for him to consistently play first-class games, as he may be considered for a senior post in the PCB in the future.

Umar Amin has scored his 32nd first-class century against Bangladesh A in the 1st Four-Day match. It's good for him to consistently play first-class games, as he may be considered for a senior post in the PCB in the future.
Looking at how Umar Amin is getting chosen for games that he shouldn't be playing at this stage of his career, is he lined up to for some higher role in the test team?

I wonder why there is no U23 batters in the domestic cricket consistently playing FC and List A matches.

Not really. He isn't very good and if gets chosen at 35 and gets a season, he won't average more than 30. Another year wasted. This is a lack of foresight and planning.
There no real young batters even in domestic teams and the U28 ones are really crap. Atleast they should give chances to young batters to play and improve under the new domestic structure. Only Abdul Faseeh and Huraira are U23 batters in some 14+ domestic teams which is astonishing.

Drinks break - Third session - Day 2

Pakistan Shaheens lead by 184 runs

Pakistan Shaheens 306-2, 70 overs (Umar Amin 172 not out, Mohammad Huraira 39, Saud Shakeel 73 not out, Saim Ayub 11; Tanzim Hasan 1-50, Nayeem Hasan 1-69)

Some glimpses of Day 2 where Umar Amin was the stand out batter with his century.

8i6I2Y8.jpeg

WtRkSeZ.jpeg

Unfortunately, it is one of another poor broadcast blunder from PCB. there is no live scorecard for this.
I miss the time of Ramiz for broadcast standard. It was one of the best I had ever seen for a Cricket Board and all domestic games were covered live close to PSL quality at all times for free for fans.

It's a shame that Umar wasn't given a chance in Test matches after debuting in 2010. I do believe since then he is an improved player but age is not on his side. He will turn 35 soon. He can be used as a stop gate replacement if your premier batters like Abdullah, Babar or Saud gets injured. But it won't be a good decision to invest on him now ahead of a youngster.

There no real young batters even in domestic teams and the U28 ones are really crap. Atleast they should give chances to young batters to play and improve under the new domestic structure. Only Abdul Faseeh and Huraira are U23 batters in some 14+ domestic teams which is astonishing.
He isnt even a decent FC player. He wouldnt get into any county team on a regular basis.

Close of play - Day 2

Pakistan Shaheens lead by 245 runs

Pakistan Shaheens 367-4, 90 overs (Umar Amin 177, Saud Shakeel 76, Mohammad Huraira 39; Saad Khan 31 not out, Kamran Ghulam 20 not out; Hasan Murad 2-49, Tanzim Hasan 1-67, Nayeem Hasan 1-81)

Last edited:

Close of play - Day 2

Pakistan Shaheens 367-4, 90 overs (Umar Amin 177, Saud Shakeel 76, Mohammad Huraira 39; Saad Khan 31 not out, Kamran Ghulam 20 not out; Hasan Murad 2-49, Tanzim Hasan 1-67, Nayeem Hasan 1-81)

Umar Amin’s century puts Shaheens in dominating position

Umar Amin’s 32nd first-class century has put Pakistan Shaheens in a commanding position against Bangladesh ‘A’ at the close of day two of the first four-day match at the Islamabad Club on Wednesday.

At stumps, Shaheens were 367 for four in 90 overs, with a first innings lead of 245 runs. Saad Khan (31 not out, 39b, 6x4s) and Kamran Ghulam (20 not out, 63b, 1x4,1x6), will resume batting on the third day, which will begin at 09.30am tomorrow.

For Bangladesh ‘A’, left-arm spinner Hasan Murad bagged two wickets for 49 runs.

Earlier, after resuming their first innings at the overnight score of two for no loss, the home side were dealt a blow when left-handed batter Saim Ayub returned back to the hut, scoring 11 off 28 balls, which included a four. Mohammad Huraira was the second batter to be dismissed, scoring 39 off 67 balls, hitting five boundaries.

The experienced Umar was then joined by captain Saud Shakeel and the pair knitted a 195-run partnership for the third wicket. During the partnership, left-handed Umar brought up his century. He fell 23 runs short of a double-century, and was dismissed for 177 off 211 balls, smashing 23 fours and three towering sixes.

After Umar’s departure, fellow southpaw Saud soon followed the centurion and was stumped off the bowling of Hasan for 76 with the scorecard reading 322 for four. Saud’s innings included nine boundaries across 132 deliveries.

Scores in brief:

Close of play - Day 2

Bangladesh 'A' 122 all out, 44.3 overs (Mahmudul Hasan Joy 65; Naseem Shah 3-24, Mir Hamza 3-33, Mohammad Rameez Jnr 2-41)

Pakistan Shaheens 367-4, 90 overs (Umar Amin 177, Saud Shakeel 76, Mohammad Huraira 39, Saad Khan 31 not out, Kamran Ghulam 20 not out; Hasan Murad 2-49, Tanzim Hasan Sakib 1-67, Nayeem Hasan 1-81)

WE have a busy test season ahead and with no good middle order batter in domestic circuit CLH ( Classy left hander ) Amin , with his current form and experience could be a valuable addition in the middle order. He can give 2-3 good years as a test batter.

please don’t bring test match tuktuk tactics in Odi or t20. That’s exactly what Azhar ali Misbah and bunch other tuktukers ruined Pakistan cricket by bringing test match Tactics in Odi and t20.

please don’t bring test match tuktuk tactics in Odi or t20. That’s exactly what Azhar ali Misbah and bunch other tuktukers ruined Pakistan cricket by bringing test match Tactics in Odi and t20.
What does misbah or azhar ali have to do with this game??

WHo is bringing tuk tuk tactics in this game??

Update: Day 3

Start of play delayed due to rain.

Scores in brief at close of Day two:

Update:

Lunch has been taken at the Islamabad Club.

The rain has stopped, Umpires are out in the middle and Supper Sopper is working.

Update:

Third day's play has been called off due to rain.

Typical pakistani fans, they'll see someone perform in any game, doesn't even have to be an international game, it's a game against Half strength Bangladesh on a road pitch, and they'll automatically decide that it's a good idea to make them front runner in international.

How did this turn out when you

A) Brought back Shehzad and Umar Akmal into the team in 2020 due to 1 or 2 good innings in PSL

B) Brought back Kamran Akmal as opener in 2018 due to psl exploits

C) Fast tracked Usman Khan. I can understand UK getting selected but on what basis was he sent outright in a world cup?

D) Brought Back Sohaib Maqsood into the side based of psl exploits?

E) Brought back Muhammad irfan out of a retirement home?

Kuda ka Khoof karo. Umar Amin had his chance a decade ago, I still remember some people claiming he'd become the pakistani yuvi Singh. Hahaha.

Pakistan needs to stop this obsession. Focus on turning your players into a household name rather then comparing them to Indian household names. It is this obsession that causes people like shehzad, Umar Amin, Sohaib Maqsood etc etc to get free rides.

What does misbah or azhar ali have to do with this game??

WHo is bringing tuk tuk tactics in this game??
They are the one who brought the tuktuk test match culture in ODI/T20. All I’m saying and my request is. Don’t bring test match tactics. Leave these tactics on ground when test match is finished. Test matches are useless, we need to concentrate on power hitting. Screwwww this series, I recommended Pcb to cancel this test. Bring in South Africa, Australia and England for a quadrangle series of ODI and t20.

Typical pakistani fans, they'll see someone perform in any game, doesn't even have to be an international game, it's a game against Half strength Bangladesh on a road pitch, and they'll automatically decide that it's a good idea to make them front runner in international.

How did this turn out when you

A) Brought back Shehzad and Umar Akmal into the team in 2020 due to 1 or 2 good innings in PSL

B) Brought back Kamran Akmal as opener in 2018 due to psl exploits

C) Fast tracked Usman Khan. I can understand UK getting selected but on what basis was he sent outright in a world cup?

D) Brought Back Sohaib Maqsood into the side based of psl exploits?

E) Brought back Muhammad irfan out of a retirement home?

Kuda ka Khoof karo. Umar Amin had his chance a decade ago, I still remember some people claiming he'd become the pakistani yuvi Singh. Hahaha.

Pakistan needs to stop this obsession. Focus on turning your players into a household name rather then comparing them to Indian household names. It is this obsession that causes people like shehzad, Umar Amin, Sohaib Maqsood etc etc to get free rides.
I say isss saaaab ka problem ek hai.. problem is Misbah

I say isss saaaab ka problem ek hai.. problem is Misbah
Misbah brought back Irfan, Shehzad and Umar Akmal into the team.

Bringing back Kamran was during sarfi era and Bringing back maqsood was after misbah had left, Usman Khan was brought back for uae propaganda nonsense.

Pakistan Shaheens' are in a great position here to win this but what actually matters is WTC victories and the bad thing is that the probability of rain in the main sides Test matches is way higher then in these 'A' side matches

Pakistan Shaheens vs Bangladesh 'A' - First four-day match - Day 4 - Islamabad Club

Update:

Start of play on day four has been delayed due to wet outfield.

Pakistan Shaheens vs Bangladesh 'A' - First four-day match - Day 4 - Islamabad Club

Update:

Lunch has been taken at Islamabad Club. Next inspection will take place at 1.30pm.

Update:

Pakistan Shaheens have declared their innings at 367-4 with a first-innings lead of 245 runs.

Play to start at 2pm. 57 overs to be bowled today.

Tea Break from 3 to 3 20pm.

Tea Break

2nd innings

Bangladesh 'A' trail by 203 runs

Bangladesh 'A' 42-1, 12 overs (Zakir Hasan 25 not out, Mominul Haque 8 not out, Anamul Haque 4; Mir Hamza 1-8)

Drinks break - Third session

2nd innings

Bangladesh 'A' trail by 168 runs

Bangladesh 'A' 77-4, 21 overs (Zakir Hasan 33, Shahadat Hossain 14, Mominul Haque 8, Tanzim Hasan 6 not out, Anamul Haque 4, Nayeem Hasan 2 not out; Mohammad Ali 2-15, Mohammad Rameez Jnr 1-27, Mir Hamza 1-8)

Play has been called off. The first four-day match has finished in a draw.

Last edited:
Pakistan Shaheens and Bangladesh ‘A’ four-day match ends in a draw

The first four-day match between Bangladesh ‘A’ and hosts Pakistan Shaheens ended in a draw at the Islamabad Club on Friday.

The match which was largely affected by rain, saw 39.2 overs bowled on the fourth day, as play resumed at 2pm PKT today. The third day’s play on Thursday was completely washed out due to rain.

Earlier, Pakistan Shaheens declared their first innings at the overnight score of 367 for four with a lead of 245 runs.

In their second innings, Bangladesh ‘A’ managed to score 153 for five when play was stopped due to bad light and ultimately resulting in a draw. For Shaheens, fast bowlers Mir Hamza and Mohammad Ali bagged two wickets apiece, while Mohammad Rameez Jnr grabbed one wicket.

For the visiting team, Nayeem Hasan was the top run-getter, scoring 55 off 69 balls, laced with 11 fours. Opening batter Zakir Hasan scored a 45-ball 33, which included three fours and a six.

Both sides will now feature in the second four-day game from 20 August, which is scheduled at the same venue. The toss will take place at 09.30am, with the first ball to be bowled at 10.00am.

Scores in brief:

Match drawn

Bangladesh 'A' 122 all out, 44.3 overs (Mahmudul Hasan Joy 65; Naseem Shah 3-24, Mir Hamza 3-33, Mohammad Rameez Jnr 2-41) and 153-5, 39.2 overs (Nayeem Hasan 55, Zakir Hasan 33; Mir Hamza 2-13, Mohammad Ali 2-34)

Pakistan Shaheens 367-4, dec 90 overs (Umar Amin 177, Saud Shakeel 76, Mohammad Huraira 39, Saad Khan 31 not out, Kamran Ghulam 20 not out; Hasan Murad 2-49)

Player of the match – Umar Amin (Pakistan Shaheens)

Second four-day match at Islamabad Club from 20-23 August

Pakistan Shaheens and Bangladesh ‘A’ four-day match ends in a draw

The first four-day match between Bangladesh ‘A’ and hosts Pakistan Shaheens ended in a draw at the Islamabad Club on Friday.

The match which was largely affected by rain, saw 39.2 overs bowled on the fourth day, as play resumed at 2pm PKT today. The third day’s play on Thursday was completely washed out due to rain.

Earlier, Pakistan Shaheens declared their first innings at the overnight score of 367 for four with a lead of 245 runs.

In their second innings, Bangladesh ‘A’ managed to score 153 for five when play was stopped due to bad light and ultimately resulting in a draw. For Shaheens, fast bowlers Mir Hamza and Mohammad Ali bagged two wickets apiece, while Mohammad Rameez Jnr grabbed one wicket.

For the visiting team, Nayeem Hasan was the top run-getter, scoring 55 off 69 balls, laced with 11 fours. Opening batter Zakir Hasan scored a 45-ball 33, which included three fours and a six.

Both sides will now feature in the second four-day game from 20 August, which is scheduled at the same venue. The toss will take place at 09.30am, with the first ball to be bowled at 10.00am.

Scores in brief:

Match drawn

Bangladesh 'A' 122 all out, 44.3 overs (Mahmudul Hasan Joy 65; Naseem Shah 3-24, Mir Hamza 3-33, Mohammad Rameez Jnr 2-41) and 153-5, 39.2 overs (Nayeem Hasan 55, Zakir Hasan 33; Mir Hamza 2-13, Mohammad Ali 2-34)

Pakistan Shaheens 367-4, dec 90 overs (Umar Amin 177, Saud Shakeel 76, Mohammad Huraira 39, Saad Khan 31 not out, Kamran Ghulam 20 not out; Hasan Murad 2-49)

Player of the match – Umar Amin (Pakistan Shaheens)

Second four-day match at Islamabad Club from 20-23 August
One more session of play would've probably endured the Shaheens win.

Still great performances by Shaheens.

Bangladesh A captain Anamul Haque during in a post-match media interaction:

"In A matches and national team matches, facilities are excellent and exceptionally good. There was a little bit of rain, but we are very happy here."

"Pakistani bowlers are always top of the world, so it will definitely be challenging, but there is an opportunity for our batters to learn something new."

Back