2018 Season

Big Mac

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week
OK so it's the start of the cricket season, which means it's time for us all to come together in this safe space where we can vent about how unfair cricket is and how we'll do better next week. :uak

Had a friendly on Saturday and made a majestic six runs. Creamed a classy James Vince cover drive for four which was followed up by a tame pull to square leg

First competitive match is this Saturday, we'll see if it gets any better.

So let's have it, what are your goals for the season, have you played any games, how have they gone so far etc. etc.
[MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION] [MENTION=7032]rahulrulezz[/MENTION] [MENTION=136729]Suleiman[/MENTION] [MENTION=134867]Kiri[/MENTION] [MENTION=64189]mastersaan10[/MENTION]

Oh and of course, time for more excuses from this guy:

Am going to return next summer [MENTION=865]Big Mac[/MENTION] to end your career for good

Come to the nets and get your phainty

:rahat1:rahat1:rahat1 :sendoff

hey so far practice games and already made a 74, followed by 13.

You had a century or two last year didn't you? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Got our first league game this Saturday, I haven't bowled a single ball all off-season so I'll probably be asked to bowl my full complement.:))

I just need to decide whether to destroy the opposition with gentle medium pace pies or gentle leg-spin pies :rahat1

OK so it's the start of the cricket season, which means it's time for us all to come together in this safe space where we can vent about how unfair cricket is and how we'll do better next week. :uak

Had a friendly on Saturday and made a majestic six runs. Creamed a classy James Vince cover drive for four which was followed up by a tame pull to square leg

First competitive match is this Saturday, we'll see if it gets any better.

So let's have it, what are your goals for the season, have you played any games, how have they gone so far etc. etc.

[MENTION=2016]Rana[/MENTION] [MENTION=7032]rahulrulezz[/MENTION] [MENTION=136729]Suleiman[/MENTION] [MENTION=134867]Kiri[/MENTION] [MENTION=64189]mastersaan10[/MENTION]

Oh and of course, time for more excuses from this guy:

Come to the nets and get your phainty

:rahat1:rahat1:rahat1 :sendoff

Had a game on saturday, we won. Bowled 2 overs 6-1 against a mixed first/second team opposition

Match yesterday was rained off, I wont be free to play until June now :mv

Played my first game last week. A T20.

Took 1-8(3) and came in at #5 to finish the game with 4*

Last Saturday I won my first game in over a year :)

Last Saturday I won my first game in over a year :)

Congrats!

I'll be playing this Saturday, first game of the season after having done nothing but get fatter and lazier over the last 8 months. So I'm the most unfit I've ever been in my life and I'll be fasting as well, should be fun :afridi

In the middle East, with temps > 45 during day - its the end of the season - we start in October/November :)

In the middle East, with temps > 45 during day - its the end of the season - we start in October/November :)

Well then you can keep this thread alive in the winter with tales of your playing heroics :salute

Back to losing today, not surprised. Used to it. However, was happy with my own performance. We were bowled out for 65 or something and I scored 8 not out which was frustrating as we still had lots of overs left but was batting at 10 so ran out of partners :(.

Took 2 wickets and bowled economically but we were always gonna lose. Opposition bowlers were nothing special, so slow but straight, all our dismissals bar one were lbw/bowled, frustrating we lost wickets to average bowlers just missing straight balls. I was just defending straight ones and getting runs on the not so good bowls.

Playing in Ramadhan was not a good idea :))

Bowled my first balls since the end of last season (and that includes nets), first two balls no-balled for height and the rest weren't much better :mv

Then after 45 overs in the field I was more or less dead, ended up batting at 5 and felt so ill I almost asked someone else to go and bat instead. Managed to get 22 before the heatstroke kicked in and I play a sweep, a shot I haven't played once in two seasons, and was bowled.

We won and Ramadhan ends before the next game so it's not a bad way to start my season I guess.

Also, at one point we were 133/2 and our #3 had scored 103 of them. Of that 103, he had two singles and one two :)) :afridi

Playing in Ramadhan was not a good idea :))

Bowled my first balls since the end of last season (and that includes nets), first two balls no-balled for height and the rest weren't much better :mv

Then after 45 overs in the field I was more or less dead, ended up batting at 5 and felt so ill I almost asked someone else to go and bat instead. Managed to get 22 before the heatstroke kicked in and I play a sweep, a shot I haven't played once in two seasons, and was bowled.

We won and Ramadhan ends before the next game so it's not a bad way to start my season I guess.

Two no balls for height should technically result in you being taken out of the attack, happened to one of our bowlers a couple of weeks ago.

Two no balls for height should technically result in you being taken out of the attack, happened to one of our bowlers a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, luckily I bowl leg-spin and the first one was down the legside (as I said in another thread, my bowling was Adil Rashid-esque) so the batsman wasn't in any danger.

I've been trying to replay everything in my mind and I think I know where I went wrong in my action. It's difficult when I haven't been to the nets, and because my spinning finger is pretty busted I can't bowl leggies in the nets anyway otherwise my finger won't be ready to bowl again on Saturday.

I have to make adjustments to my technique in my mind and then try and put it into practice in the middle of the game.

Either that, or I start bowling seam up :rahat1

So the opposition put us in to bat on a damp wicket after overnight rain, we lost 5 wickets after 6 and a half overs and I walked out to the middle at 60/6 :))

I shelved the attacking shots and just tried to hang around as long as possible, only made 21 but we put on a partnership of 85 thanks to the dodgy bounce adding on quite a few byes to the total.

Felt pretty comfortable for the most part but I'm still falling over too much, which led to me being LBW to a big inswinger. :mv

So the opposition put us in to bat on a damp wicket after overnight rain, we lost 5 wickets after 6 and a half overs and I walked out to the middle at 60/6 :))

I shelved the attacking shots and just tried to hang around as long as possible, only made 21 but we put on a partnership of 85 thanks to the dodgy bounce adding on quite a few byes to the total.

Felt pretty comfortable for the most part but I'm still falling over too much, which led to me being LBW to a big inswinger. :mv

Did you win or lose? My team lost yet again, no idea why our captain always bat first, we always collapse and then have way too little runs to defend. The one match we won, we bowled first, limited our opposition and just about chased it down.

Did you win or lose? My team lost yet again, no idea why our captain always bat first, we always collapse and then have way too little runs to defend. The one match we won, we bowled first, limited our opposition and just about chased it down.

We won. We were 170 all out and we managed to win by 20 runs or so in the end, after we lost a couple of overs to rain in the second innings.

The start of the match was absolutely nuts though, the first over lasted about a dozen deliveries and then the second over was when the fun began.

There was a wicket off the first ball of the over, off-stump went for a walk.

Then an LBW appeal from the next delivery. The umpire looked like he gave it out but then seemed to change his mind when the batsman complained it hit his forearm/wrist (Which it absolutely did, I was umpiring at square leg and it definitely wasn't LBW) so the opposition were pretty annoyed :mv

The next ball saw a top edged flick that should have caught at fine leg but the fielder didn't run forward so it landed safe, now the bowler is really annoyed :))

Then the fourth ball was hoicked to the square leg boundary where the fielder was waiting to take a simple catch, only to see the ball hit an overhanging tree branch which meant six runs instead of a wicket. Now they were absolutely fuming :)))

Fifth ball saw a wicket and I can't even remember the sixth ball.

That was just the first two overs of the game :dw

We won. We were 170 all out and we managed to win by 20 runs or so in the end, after we lost a couple of overs to rain in the second innings.

The start of the match was absolutely nuts though, the first over lasted about a dozen deliveries and then the second over was when the fun began.

There was a wicket off the first ball of the over, off-stump went for a walk.

Then an LBW appeal from the next delivery. The umpire looked like he gave it out but then seemed to change his mind when the batsman complained it hit his forearm/wrist (Which it absolutely did, I was umpiring at square leg and it definitely wasn't LBW) so the opposition were pretty annoyed :mv

The next ball saw a top edged flick that should have caught at fine leg but the fielder didn't run forward so it landed safe, now the bowler is really annoyed :))

Then the fourth ball was hoicked to the square leg boundary where the fielder was waiting to take a simple catch, only to see the ball hit an overhanging tree branch which meant six runs instead of a wicket. Now they were absolutely fuming :)))

Fifth ball saw a wicket and I can't even remember the sixth ball.

That was just the first two overs of the game :dw

What club do you play for?

What club do you play for?

Harborne, in Birmingham. I'm old and rubbish so I'm usually in the 5th/6th XI, unfortunately we don't have an 8th XI which is why [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] can't get a game :yk2

Throw in the towel :afridi

Or select your buddies :rahat

Chairman of selection has given me the XI, I am a dummy captain :yk

Never captained before and I recognise like three or four names on the team sheet, including my own, and we don't have a keeper at the moment. This is going to go well :dw

Chairman of selection has given me the XI, I am a dummy captain :yk

Never captained before and I recognise like three or four names on the team sheet, including my own, and we don't have a keeper at the moment. This is going to go well :dw

Don't use any sandpaper and you'll be fine :ssmith

Not playing tomorrow as our 3rd XI conceded due to lack of players :( Was nearly pushed up into the 2s though but just edged out :( Oh well.

Not playing tomorrow as our 3rd XI conceded due to lack of players :( Was nearly pushed up into the 2s though but just edged out :( Oh well.

Got a late call up this morning to 2nd XI. Our match was against Clifton, which was just under an hour drive. No idea why they are in the Hertfordshire League when Clifton is in Bedfordshire. Tbf the only Clifton I had heard of was the one in Pakistan. Fielding 50 overs was hard work, was a day to forget for me, bowled 1 over and it was the worst over I have bowled probably. Oh well, hopefully I can do better next week. [MENTION=865]Big Mac[/MENTION] how was the captaincy?

So, I thought going to bat at 60/6 last week was as bad as it would get.

Today we were 4/3.

Then 26/4.

Then I walk out to bat at 52/6.

I ended up with my new highest score and was last man out for 54 when the ball rolled along the ground and bowled me.

130 all out wasn't enough to defend, although we did give them a bit of a scare but in the end they crossed over the finish line with five wickets down.

I scored 54 runs, the other ten players combined for 50 runs. Now I know how Misbah felt :misbah

I still get emails from HCC, which league do you play in [MENTION=865]Big Mac[/MENTION]. You guys have like 6 or 7 teams isn't it. Am mostly away from Brum these days otherwise would have a go in the nets

I still get emails from HCC, which league do you play in [MENTION=865]Big Mac[/MENTION]. You guys have like 6 or 7 teams isn't it. Am mostly away from Brum these days otherwise would have a go in the nets

We're in Worcs League Div something or another, with all the grandfathers and bachay :yk

We're in Worcs League Div something or another, with all the grandfathers and bachay :yk

When I had my trial there, was selected for the 2nd XI in the Premiere League; made my debut the following week and bowled 5 wickets less overs for 25 close to the death. Then a week after that, went to the net session on a Thursday and one of the blokes there who had not been bowled during a net session for 5 years was smashing everyone, I came on and bowled a googly which was too close for him to cut and it inside edged on to the stumps :afridi he wasn't impressed and became ultra aggressive after that when I came on, one particular delivery he smashed directly back to me, it came very quick and was low, I missed it and was hit right on my knee! dropped to the floor screaming in pain, that was my end of the season :)) never played for HCC ever since :yk2

When I had my trial there, was selected for the 2nd XI in the Premiere League; made my debut the following week and bowled 5 wickets less overs for 25 close to the death. Then a week after that, went to the net session on a Thursday and one of the blokes there who had not been bowled during a net session for 5 years was smashing everyone, I came on and bowled a googly which was too close for him to cut and it inside edged on to the stumps :afridi he wasn't impressed and became ultra aggressive after that when I came on, one particular delivery he smashed directly back to me, it came very quick and was low, I missed it and was hit right on my knee! dropped to the floor screaming in pain, that was my end of the season :)) never played for HCC ever since :yk2

:)))

Time to come back and marvel at the way I have spent the last couple of seasons grooming the young U-13 talent into embracing the reverse sweep as their bread and butter shot :salute

:)))

Time to come back and marvel at the way I have spent the last couple of seasons grooming the young U-13 talent into embracing the reverse sweep as their bread and butter shot :salute

:))) Be careful they don't knock themselves out, it's a great club though and easily the most organised in the city imo Is Ian still there or has he retired as a selector :mv

:))) Be careful they don't knock themselves out, it's a great club though and easily the most organised in the city imo Is Ian still there or has he retired as a selector :mv

He's not playing at the moment as he injured his back but yeah he's still around. Agree that it's a good club, nice ground, great nets and they have decent numbers at training.

Lots of youngsta beauties is great to see as well, with club cricket struggling for numbers every year it's good to see the next generation looking quite healthy.

Another match tomorrow and my back is hurting :/

On the one hand, I had a golden duck and we lost by 200 runs.

On the other hand, I got home in time to laugh at Cronaldo.

I reckon it evened out in the end :ronaldo

Yesterday, my team batted first again. Every time we had batted first, we would be bowled out for less than 100. But today, as it's just my bad luck, I had somewhere to be at 7 o clock so my team actually batted good for once and we scored 247-8 from 50 overs. I faced the last ball of the innings, went for a big swing, missed, tried to run a bye but my partner got run out so I scored 0* off 1 ball. The chase was interesting, I didn't bowl good at all, but somehow took 3 wickets, all with full tosses. It was a really close game but I had to leave at 7. When I left the opposition needed another 80 runs or so with 5 wickets in hand with the game really evenly poised. I checked the score online later and we lost by 1 wicket. So heartbreaking, wish I was there till the end, but a great fight from us seeing as we only had 10 players, and 9 when I left so we were fielding with 2 less players and nearly won. If I stayed I'm sure we would have won due to having one more fielder. Must have been a thrilling game of cricket to take part in, such a shame I had to leave early.

Yesterday, my team batted first again. Every time we had batted first, we would be bowled out for less than 100. But today, as it's just my bad luck, I had somewhere to be at 7 o clock so my team actually batted good for once and we scored 247-8 from 50 overs. I faced the last ball of the innings, went for a big swing, missed, tried to run a bye but my partner got run out so I scored 0* off 1 ball. The chase was interesting, I didn't bowl good at all, but somehow took 3 wickets, all with full tosses. It was a really close game but I had to leave at 7. When I left the opposition needed another 80 runs or so with 5 wickets in hand with the game really evenly poised. I checked the score online later and we lost by 1 wicket. So heartbreaking, wish I was there till the end, but a great fight from us seeing as we only had 10 players, and 9 when I left so we were fielding with 2 less players and nearly won. If I stayed I'm sure we would have won due to having one more fielder. Must have been a thrilling game of cricket to take part in, such a shame I had to leave early.

Should be dropped for life :sendoff

Thanks to the England v Sweden World Cup game this Saturday's fixtures have all been affected and we have to start two hours earlier with a 10 minute break between innings so we can get 10-15 overs in before the football begins and we have a 3 hr tea break to watch England go out on penalties.

I already know half the team is going to cry off on Saturday morning, along with half the players from teams above so I'll probably have to try and find 6 players from somewhere at 9am on Saturday :mv

Should be dropped for life :sendoff

Thanks to the England v Sweden World Cup game this Saturday's fixtures have all been affected and we have to start two hours earlier with a 10 minute break between innings so we can get 10-15 overs in before the football begins and we have a 3 hr tea break to watch England go out on penalties.

I already know half the team is going to cry off on Saturday morning, along with half the players from teams above so I'll probably have to try and find 6 players from somewhere at 9am on Saturday :mv

Yeah it's affected Hertfordshire league as well, lots of players making themselves unavailable and for matches are playing, fixtures have been changed around so that England vs Sweden can be watched. Our 2nd XI's fixture is starting at 10 30 :O and our first XI's match is starting an hour earlier too. Our 3rd's couldn't get a team together so have forfeitted.

Yeah it's affected Hertfordshire league as well, lots of players making themselves unavailable and for matches are playing, fixtures have been changed around so that England vs Sweden can be watched. Our 2nd XI's fixture is starting at 10 30 :O and our first XI's match is starting an hour earlier too. Our 3rd's couldn't get a team together so have forfeitted.

Yeah we have an 11am start and it's an away game so we have to all meet at our home ground at 9:30am! Ridiculous :))

Playing in the 2nd XI tomorrow. I'm in really bad form recently, haven't been bowling well. It's an away game and pretty far, so we need to meet at our home ground at 9am :facepalm: cos of the World Cup match between England and Sweden. I don't normally get out of bed until 09:15 or so that's going to be a struggle. Also the away team's clubhouse is being done for refurbishment so we won't even have a tv to watch, we'll have to take our own phones etc to watch. On top of that we have to bring our own food due to this refurbishment...

Lost again, but a massively improved performance over last week (70 all out and a 200 run defeat).

Won first, scored 210 on a good batting track which should have been 240-250 really but we didn't manage to accelerate at the end of the innings with wickets in hand. Bit of a shame but as I said, it's a huge improvement over last week and that's promising.

My spinning finger is properly buggered and my shoulder has followed suit so I definitely can't bowl at all. My slow transformation into becoming a batsman continues, got 30 yesterday before falling trying to accelerate in the last 7/8 overs. I reckon I might have another fifty or two left in me this year but we'll see how it goes.

*won the toss, batted first.

Couldn't defend it with ten players but at least we made them take 40 overs to chase it down and we grabbed a few wickets to get a bowling point.

On friday night, even our 2nd xi was about to concede due to some drop outs but then my dad decided he would play so we decided to go ahead with the game with 10 men. Woke up early as match was starting early due to the footy, place was really far away and hard to find and the club was being refurbished as well. We knew we would lose, we batted first scored 148-8 from our 50 overs. I scored 2 not out and was batting with my dad at the end lol.

We knew they'd chase this down, in one over the batsman smashed it back at our captain who was bowling, hit him so hard even after hitting his finger it still went pretty far so he had to go to the hospital. We went off just before the England game started and watched the whole match with the opposition which was great fun with England winning :)

None of us were excited to going back after that match as we knew we were gonna lose. I chickened out of bowling cos I've been in bad form recently, milked some back pain I had. Then after the game my dad was having a go at me for having a defeatist attitude and I was annoyed with myself. In hindsight, I should have just bowled. Hurt myself in the field (becoming a weekly thing) while sliding to pick the ball up. Lots of blood. Anyway yeah was a decent day despite the pasting, although as the club was being refurbished there wasn't a tea break - we had to bring our own food although the match fees were halved cos of this. TBF they did have some snacks which they offered us like scones, fruits, cookies etc but wasn't a proper tea. And they had no club toilets due to club house being refurbished, there were some other toilets where the car park was as it was some type of building area but they were absolutely filthy :(

None of us were excited to going back after that match as we knew we were gonna lose. I chickened out of bowling cos I've been in bad form recently, milked some back pain I had. Then after the game my dad was having a go at me for having a defeatist attitude and I was annoyed with myself. In hindsight, I should have just bowled. (

Cricket is rare among team sports in the way in which poor form can really mess with your head.

What's wrong with your bowling, are you spraying it all over the place or are you bowling ok but still getting smashed anyway?

Cricket is rare among team sports in the way in which poor form can really mess with your head.

What's wrong with your bowling, are you spraying it all over the place or are you bowling ok but still getting smashed anyway?

Last couple of weeks I've just been bowling so many full tosses and lost rhythm completely. Last time I bowled, I even bowled a front foot no ball which is something I never ever do.

Last couple of weeks I've just been bowling so many full tosses and lost rhythm completely. Last time I bowled, I even bowled a front foot no ball which is something I never ever do.

Have you made any technical changes or is it purely mental? What caused it? Does it happen in the nets as well or just games?

What a match I played in yesterday. Our 2nd team have really been struggling this season so we won the toss and elected to bat first, we knew we'd be bowled out quickly and then they could just chase it down, except we actually, very surprisingly, done well with the bat. We scored 231 which is a decent score, I got a golden duck, but tbf I was batting at 9 and came in with not that many overs to play so I don't really care about that.

We took 3 early wickets and looked like we would win easily, then they got a partnership, their opener was struggling so much at the start but played a good innings. It looked like the game was slipping away from us, then I came on, took 2 wickets and there was also a wicket from the other end, so they had lost 3 wickets then for not many runs. I thought I had turned the game around. I had figures of 5-14-2 which I was happy with and thought we would win but then they got another partnership. When they needed about 8 more runs I took a stunning one handed diving catch to keep the game alive but their opener was still there and he saw it through, so we lost by 3 wickets but at least it was a thrilling game.

It looked like the game was slipping away from us, then I came on, took 2 wickets and there was also a wicket from the other end, so they had lost 3 wickets then for not many runs. I thought I had turned the game around. I had figures of 5-14-2 which I was happy with

Glad to see you've conquered the yips.

:salute

This is my third season of cricket after a ten year break, and the first where I'm unable to bowl so I have to try and make myself into a batsman.

First season I averaged 9.25 with a top score of 22. My second season I averaged 10.92 and it's only that high because my last three innings were 32, 25* and 26.

This year my scores have been 22, 21, 54, 0 (golden duck!), 30 and 31.

I feel comfortable but I keep getting myself out, got to channel my inner Misbah and do a bit of tuk tuk occasionally given that we fail to bat out the 45 overs half the time.

I've figured out the trick to batting, I just need to work on converting starts into big scores next.

Last edited:
So what a shambles it was this week. Our 3rd team didn't think we had enough, so we conceded on Thursday as you have to concede by a certain time otherwise you are fined. But then a couple more players said they could play so we would have been able to field a team. But by the time we had told our opposition this, their players had already made plans thinking they had the Saturday free. So no game, and it still goes as conceded under our name which is frustrating, so here I am sitting at home instead of playing cricket :(

Also was a bit shocked to be dropped from the 2nd XI, despite my good performance last week, I'll be annoyed if people who are worse than me have been picked over me.

Another massive defeat, the second one of the season. First was 200+ run loss a couple of weeks back, yesterday was 160 runs or so.

Both of those games also saw my lowest two scores of the season, as I only managed 5 runs yesterday. I think I'll have to proper tuk tuk from now on and make sure I score a few runs in order to avoid future humiliations

I also kept wicket as we had no keeper and didn't do too bad, missed four byes when the ball rolled along the floor and as I tired towards the end of the innings I could only get fingertips to a couple of ones wide down the legside and allowed a few runs that way. On the other hand I did managed to hold on to a catch while standing up to the stumps which was pretty damn satisfying.

I'm still sore from keeping wicket, this is ridiculous :))

My club's third team got kicked out of the league for conceding too many matches :(. We used to be able to get 4 teams out now struggle to get 2. Sad times. Yesterday I was in the 2nd XI, we were bowled out for 114, I scored 0 not out. We put up a really good fight, it looked like they would win easily but when they were just about 15-20 runs required we took a few wickets and suddenly they needed about 10 more runs with just 2 wickets in hand. I bowled 1 over, gave away 2 runs but my captain took me off as we needed to bring back our openers as we had a chance of doing the unthinkable which was fair enough. Disappointing to lose but a very exciting match to be involved in.

Golden duck, lost by 10 wickets.

Now we're in danger of getting relegated and that's two games in a row where I haven't managed double figures. I need to turn things around quick

My club's third team got kicked out of the league for conceding too many matches :(. We used to be able to get 4 teams out now struggle to get 2. Sad times.

Unfortunately this is something that seems to be happening all over the country nowadays :(

We only had 10 players on Saturday and this weekend we're really struggling for players. We put out 6 teams on a Saturday and we're about 10 players short at the moment so it's going to be a case of ringing up friends, cousins, nephews and parents to try and make sure we can put out full teams :))

So now this week even our 2nd XI are really struggling to get a team out.:facepalm:

Yet another loss :( We scored 275-8 from our 50 overs which is a good score. Took an early wicket as well, but we lost eventually, opposition scored 281-5 from just 41 overs. I didn't bat, struggled with my line with the ball, too many leg side wides which was frustrating as I had been in good form.

Match yessterday. We were put in to bat first, scored like 170 all out on a pitch not great for batting. I faced 1 ball, scored 1*. One for the averages.

They got a great opening partnership but we took 5 wickets after that but was too late by then, I had figure of 2-0-7-1 and also ran someone out. Was a bit of a fight too in the match but I didn't get involved.

Won't have a match tomorrow as I'm up in Shrewsbury visiting some relatives.

[MENTION=865]Big Mac[/MENTION] where have you gone on this thread?

Sorry, been a bit busy. We haven't won in forever and I injured myself last week (while getting a 21* to which means my average is now more than the last two seasons combined) so I missed yesterday's game where we lost to the team that were bottom of the division.

We're basically going to get relegated unless we can pull out a miracle against one of the teams near the top in the last game of the season next Saturday. Time to get my tuk tuk hat ready

Foot still hasn't healed fully so I'm missing tomorrow's game :mv

Don't have a game tomorrow cos now even our 2nd team conceded. Embarassing. Used to get 4 teams out up till 2 seasons ago. Now we can only get 1. Such a shame :(

Although I was happy about not having this game tomorrow as I really can't be bothered as this match is away game and the place is like 60 minutes drive and we have to play them away twice as when we played them the first time, both of our teams had to be away as we had a carnival on our home ground so obviously only one of our 1st or 2nd team could be at home tomorrow. Also I've had a long tiring week. But embarassing and sad that we only getting 1 team out.

Final game of the season tomorrow. I've been on a winning team just ONCE this season, that was for the 3rd XI back in early June. Our 3rd XI doesn't exist anymore though, as we forfeitted too many games. Our 2nd XI is so bad that we even know we're gonna lose, our captain would always bat first if we win the toss as we know we can just get rolled over, have the opposition chase it and just go home.

Final game of the season tomorrow. I've been on a winning team just ONCE this season, that was for the 3rd XI back in early June. Our 3rd XI doesn't exist anymore though, as we forfeitted too many games. Our 2nd XI is so bad that we even know we're gonna lose, our captain would always bat first if we win the toss as we know we can just get rolled over, have the opposition chase it and just go home.

Perfect time to get a match winning hundred

Last game of the season was on Saturday. As expected, we got battered. We fielded first and conceded 334-9 from 50 overs. One of our bowlers took a hat trick in the last over, pretty similar to Steven Finn's pointless hat trick in the WC match against Australia. I was happy with my bowling figures of 10-0-50-2, bowled 10 overs through, first time bowling 10 overs for the 2nd XI, and I'm not even allowed to do that as I'm only 19, you can only bowl 7 overs max then have to go off and can come back once the amount of overs you bowled have been bowled at the same end but no one cared as we all knew it wouldn't have made a difference. I took a great catch off my own bowling, batsman chipped it up in the air, I ran back and dived and caught it, no one could believe it. My figures would have been even better if I didn't bowl a crap last over, went for 13 runs in it, full tosses everywhere but still good bowling figures especially considering how much the opposition scored. I was also bowling mainly to the guy who scored a century :)

We were bowled out for 140, I faced 1 ball and it was a dot ball, so I finished the season with a solid 0 not out, batting at number 11 :)

Played yesterday, got moved up to our WCL 2nd XI along with a bunch of other players because of short numbers. We got bowled out for 126, I came in and made 41 of them before being bowled trying to slog with the tail.

Should have nurdled it around to get my half century, which would have fulfilled my preseason goal of two fifties for the year :mv

Hopefully I get to play next weekend and I can set things straight

Played yesterday, got moved up to our WCL 2nd XI along with a bunch of other players because of short numbers. We got bowled out for 126, I came in and made 41 of them before being bowled trying to slog with the tail.

Should have nurdled it around to get my half century, which would have fulfilled my preseason goal of two fifties for the year :mv

Hopefully I get to play next weekend and I can set things straight

Your cricket season is still going? :O

Your cricket season is still going? :O

Last games of the season were this weekend, yesterday I made 22 or so and got out trying a big booming drive and got bowled through the giant gate.

Then today I got a late call up to the Sunday 1st XI, went in at 100-5 or something like that and told myself to bat slowly and take my time.

Three dot balls to start with, finished with 22 from 13 balls :afridi

Scored my first every fifty this year, I really need to sort out my mindset for next season and try and score my first ever century instead of scoring 22-odd every flipping weekend.

Season about to start here in Australia. Made it into the U16 1st XI/Div 1 team this season :babar

Had a training session yesterday, bit rusty with both ball and bat. Need to get my act together at the nets over the next two weeks...

Back