A drawn series at home against a second/third string New Zealand side, is it a wake-up call for Pakistan before the upcoming T20 World Cup?

We did not play our best lineups at all. We also played closer to our Pakistan A squad/team.

Rizwan I believe played 1 in 4 games.
Naseem played 1 in 4 games.
SSA played in 2 games.
Amir played in 2 games.
Fakhar played in 2 games.

Naseem, SSA and Amir only played in 1 game together.

To me our real lineup is quite good.

Babar
Saim/Usman
Rizwan
Fakhar
Ifti/Azam
Shadab
Imad
Amir
Shaheen
Naseem
+ 1 spin option between Usama Mir/Abrar etc.

This was not our best lineups, we were constantly making changes to shuffle, to get many players reps and looks. It was wise, but at some point before the WC we should strive for some more continuity.
And what did NZ play? Their All time 11?

This best best line up excuse needs to end. NZ went with zero expectations lol, they expected to lose 4-0 because they just want a bypass as their main guys are in IPL.

Just like last year where they cultivated Mitchell and Chapman, while giving captaincy experience to latham in the absence of Williamson

This year their only goal was to give experience to Tim Robinson, and some confidence to siefert, Bracewell and Chapman as unfortunately they couldn't get into ipl so they needed match practise before the cup, Chapman especially ad he's their main who's guaranteed a go, Bracewell is a 2nf pick, satner is 1st.

Pakistan cricket team just saved itself from an utter embarrassment today. Instead of 2-2 it would have been 1-3. So is this team that Mohammad Amir and Shadab Khan termed as the "World Cup winning side"?

If that is our performance at home then what awaits us in stores for the World Cup 2024.Are we still prepared for the upcoming T20 WC or just an underwhelming recent performances just exposed PCT badly before the mega tournament.

So is it a big wake up call for us?
Pakistan team’s performance since CT 2017 has been a big wake up call. Like in the past, some convenient excuse will be thrown about to make everyone feel better. The same team and performance will be repeated for the most part. The question is will PCB listen?

Infact i even verbatim asked you if you were claiming world class for Pakistan standards or world class across the entire planet and you were adamant on him being wc across the planet. However later @Rana ended up sarcastically saying "Just how fast the night changes" Because you doubled back and started claiming Babar now warms the bench of Indian teams but prior were adamant on him getting in.

Now the uncomfortable reality is that Pakistan made the final last time around and when they fall short this time, we will see a lot of desperate excuses this time to deflect attention away from the reality that the returns of Amir and Imad didn’t have an impact on the team.

Babar’s captaincy was worse this time, his batting was worse this time, Iftikhar and other players who are easy targets were worse this time, Pakistan didn’t get lucky like they did in 2022, the format was less forgiving etc.

We will keep hearing such excuses.

None of these are excuses. Their factual valid arguments about why no 2 tournaments are the same, the agenda for imad and Amir is from you, you not willing to accept certain arguments despite being the man who first made said arguments in 2022 doesn't mean anything. And lastly don't bring up toxic agendas against Babar to me.
You have already decided that Babar’s captaincy will be worse this time and Iftikhar and other players who are easy targets will be worse this time too.

In addition, you have already decided that the format will be less forgiving for Pakistan and they will not have any luck.

You are clearly implying that you don’t have any faith in Imad and Amir helping Pakistan win the World Cup and since Pakistan made the final the last time around without both, all the hype and hoopla surrounding their comebacks is nothing but a waste of time.

Amir getting humiliated by New Zealand D is just the beginning of their anti-climatic and flop return to international cricket before they run away again.

Pakistan team’s performance since CT 2017 has been a big wake up call. Like in the past, some convenient excuse will be thrown about to make everyone feel better. The same team and performance will be repeated for the most part. The question is will PCB listen?
I think they won't just waiting for another embarrassment on their face.

Those who are worried that Pakistan have lost a couple of T20I playing a under strength team should know Pakistan is not used to rotating their players and perform at optimum level. Pakistan did experiment a lot with both bowling and batting.

This same team has beaten NZ main team in WCs plenty of time. The WC games will be totally different for every team and these matches will mean nothing.

Ironically, I think some of the players who hurt Pakistan in this series - Tim Robinson, Tim Seifert , Josh Clarkson , Will O'Rourke are better than some of the guys selected for their World T20 squad.

PAK should actually hope for NZ in the semis. Good chance of making finals, then. It's the Aussies and Poms that PAK have to worry about.

You have already decided that Babar’s captaincy will be worse this time and Iftikhar and other players who are easy targets will be worse this time too.

In addition, you have already decided that the format will be less forgiving for Pakistan and they will not have any luck.

You are clearly implying that you don’t have any faith in Imad and Amir helping Pakistan win the World Cup and since Pakistan made the final the last time around without both, all the hype and hoopla surrounding their comebacks is nothing but a waste of time.

Amir getting humiliated by New Zealand D is just the beginning of their anti-climatic and flop return to international cricket before they run away again.
It's not about faith, its about arguing rationally about why no 2 world cups are the same.

Nice try on trying to appeal to my emotions. Come on bro, you're gonna have to try harder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramiz Raja recently in a video on his Youtube channel shared concerns regarding team Pakistan's preparation:

"I still believe that the Pakistan team has a lot of answers to provide; the series hasn't resolved any answers or issues but rather highlighted and brought them to the forefront,"

It's not about faith, its about arguing rationally about why no 2 world cups are the same.

Nice try on trying to appeal to my emotions. Come on bro, you're gonna have to try harder.

Amir and Imad fans are ruffled because they know that they will have a hard time justifying their impact on the team when Pakistan made the final last time around without them and they are highly unlikely to improve on that.

The fact that Amir got exposed vs New Zealand D was also not the start that they were looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironically, I think some of the players who hurt Pakistan in this series - Tim Robinson, Tim Seifert , Josh Clarkson , Will O'Rourke are better than some of the guys selected for their World T20 squad.

PAK should actually hope for NZ in the semis. Good chance of making finals, then. It's the Aussies and Poms that PAK have to worry about.
We can take both of them on on lowish slowish wickets.

If the wickets suit us then we will win this cup.

If they are played on IPL style tracks where it becomes a hitting contest then we have no chance.

On a lowish, slowish track, our batting can nudge along, and Shadab, Chacha, Imad, etc, can contain any T20 batting side in the world.

We haven’t been strong for a long time. Early t20s 2007-2011 or so we were strong but that was mainly our bowling attack. And people were still figuring out t20s. It’s far more batting dependent now and our spin attack isn’t as strong. In tests under Misbah we were strong in Asia, think we even had an unbeaten record in UAE for a while but that went after Misbah left. Odis we’ve been doing badly for so long not sure when the last time we were strong.

2017 ct was a one off. We did really well in that tournament. But we were poor in ODIs before and after that tournament. I thought we would kick on from there, but we didn’t.

Honestly in most tournaments we over performed. We almost always exceed what we are predicted to do by odds makers. We always complain when we don’t win the tournament, but usually one of the favourites win, and in all fairness they usually deserve to if they’ve been playing better cricket all year round.

I’d rather get to the point where we can confidently beat top full strength teams in bilaterals first (or the capability to if they don’t play their best so) before thinking about winning tournaments. However part of the reason I feel we go crazy over individual tournaments is that we don’t realistically think we are going to become a genuine strong team. Yet in a tournament even a weaker team stands a chance, all it is a few wins in a row.

Amir and Imad fans are ruffled because they know that they will have a hard time justifying their impact on the team when Pakistan made the final last time around without them and they are highly unlikely to improve on that.

The fact that Amir got exposed vs New Zealand D was also not the start that they were looking for.
Brother, you're the type of guy to deliberately cause a scene to anger people for the sake of attention.

I've already told you, I'm sick of going in circles and I've made my points extremely clear.

If you're not willing to have a decent argument and are willing to be disingenuous and acting like a washed up poster, then their no point.

Carry your pathani instincts onto someone else. It's not my job to mentally change your mind lol, I gave you my points, you have not bee able to counter them, and are throwing a hissyfit. I'm not your mommy that I'll give you attention and repeat myself again.

I gave my points, you couldn't counter or didn't address or whatever reason you're being disingenuous. Kindly don't bother me now.

We still have time to amend PCT affairs but if we are cozy and celebrating wildly on just a series draw then we need to be ready for an upset in the WC.

Brother, you're the type of guy to deliberately cause a scene to anger people for the sake of attention.

I've already told you, I'm sick of going in circles and I've made my points extremely clear.

If you're not willing to have a decent argument and are willing to be disingenuous and acting like a washed up poster, then their no point.

Carry your pathani instincts onto someone else. It's not my job to mentally change your mind lol, I gave you my points, you have not bee able to counter them, and are throwing a hissyfit. I'm not your mommy that I'll give you attention and repeat myself again.

I gave my points, you couldn't counter or didn't address or whatever reason you're being disingenuous. Kindly don't bother me now.
Your points were rubbish. You are just looking for excuses to justify the lack of impact Amir and Imad will have on the team.

You are already making excuses for Amir’s embarrassing performance vs NZ D.

I’m glad you are not my mommy. If you were, I would have been a special needs kid.

Your points were rubbish. You are just looking for excuses to justify the lack of impact Amir and Imad will have on the team.

You are already making excuses for Amir’s embarrassing performance vs NZ D.

I’m glad you are not my mommy. If you were, I would have been a special needs kid.
You already are a special needs kid lol,

Brother my points aren't rubbish, especially when you've recently developed the reputation of being a washed up poster, actually you've developed a reputation far worse bit I don't wanna get into it as that would be below the belt.

If anything your points on Babar babar and the arsenal thread were so bad you got an entire thread to laugh at you? Especially when you said rumble in the jungle and then later on I would unleash my pathani instincts 😂😂😂.

You don't know how world cups work and that 2 different cups aren't the same, if you cant understand this basic fundamental, then maybe you need to go back to the USA for a 2nd round of education, you need it.

Keep coming back with insults bro, I'll keep owning you lol.

This is why Younis Khan was the best thing ever to happen to Pak cricket he knew laato ke bhoot.. hence the revolt against him Ifty & co taking easy route that’s why Pak cricket is the pits at the moment.

You just know one of the minnows is going to turn Pak over in the World Cup.

I wouldn't read to much into it this these young new Zealand players are their future players and are clearly talented players who will become established players in the team over the years , we weren't playing against a club team

Five players who were on the tour of Pakistan recently for the 5-T20I series have been selected in the New Zealand squad for the ICC T20I World Cup 2024:

• Michael Bracewell
  • Ish Sodhi
  • Jimmy Neesham
  • Mark Chapman
  • Finn Allen
Meanwhile, Ben Sears, who was also on the Pakistan tour, has been selected as the traveling reserve

Five players who were on the tour of Pakistan recently for the 5-T20I series have been selected in the New Zealand squad for the ICC T20I World Cup 2024:

• Michael Bracewell
  • Ish Sodhi
  • Jimmy Neesham
  • Mark Chapman
  • Finn Allen
Meanwhile, Ben Sears, who was also on the Pakistan tour, has been selected as the traveling reserve
Should have gone with O’Rourke as the traveling seamer

He’s a good bowler

• Michael Bracewell
  • Ish Sodhi
  • Jimmy Neesham
  • Mark Chapman
  • Finn Allen
Why does sodhi keep getting selected?

Well what a great wake up call for Pakistan we dropped M. Haris and put Hasan Ali back in the squad. Now just waiting for the comeback of Wahab Riaz. Oops he has actually taken retirement.

Back