Afghanistan (131/3) defeat Bangladesh 127/7 by 7 wickets & qualify for the Super 4 stage

Afghanistan is capable of beating India even convincingly in the right conditions.

All it would take is one collapse, but it helps that we play Rashid in IPL and have played Mujib, the xfactor will be their dynamic batting.

India will be very hard for them. For that to happen, they need to bat first and score in excess of 180. Then Afghan bowlers have to take out Top 3 cheaply.

With three deadwoods in top 3, they would fancy their choices lol we went from best top 3 to worst top 3.

I want Bangladesh in the next stage. The only boring match will be between India and Afghanistan most likely. :inti

Rashid Khan went up to No.2 in the men's T20I bowling charts during his spell of 3/22 against Bangladesh which helped Afghanistan notch up their second win in Asia Cup 2022.

Rashid Khan went past Tim Southee to become the second-highest wicket-taker in men's T20Is during the win over Bangladesh in the Asia Cup on Tuesday.

The leg-spinner, who had started the match with 112 scalps in the format, picked up 3/22, including the wickets of Mushfiqur Rahim, Afif Hossain and Mahmudullah, to go to 115 wickets.

Southee was second in the wicket-takers list with 114 wickets before the match. Shakib Al Hasan holds on to his record with 122 wickets, the most by anyone in the men's game, and the second best in all T20Is, behind West Indies' Anisa Mohammed.

Celebrating 100: Shakib Al Hasan's five best performances in T20Is
Rashid, who is only 23, has had a remarkable T20I career so far, averaging 13.73 and clocking an economy rate of 6.16 after 68 matches in the format. He has six hauls of four or more wickets in T20Is, which is again the joint-most in the men's game.

Rashid's spell, which followed an impressive three-wicket haul from Mujeeb ur Rahman, helped Afghanistan restrict Bangladesh to 127/7 in 20 overs.

However, it still took a remarkable 17-ball 43 not out from Najibullah Zadran for Afghanistan to seal a win and establish their position at the top of Group B in Asia Cup 2022 and ensure qualification to the next round.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2769208

I want Bangladesh in the next stage. The only boring match will be between India and Afghanistan most likely. :inti

Why are you saying that? Is it bcoz you presume Afg is too strong for us and will beat us easily or vice versa?

Just trying to understand why you think Ind-Afg game will be most likely boring? ;-)

:kp

Afg will beat most teams this Asia cup including India & Pakistan.

There have been many narrow misses from them recently

Asia Cup 2018 - they almost defeated Pakistan, but Sohaib Malik somehow turned the game in last over

World Cup 2019 - again they almost defeated Pakistan, but Gulbadin Naib dropped a sitter in the end

World Cup 2019 - they almost defeated India but Shami's hatrick in last over saved the day

WT20 2021 - they almost defeated Pakistan and then Asif Ali played that blinder

Afghanistan is coming perilously close now and again to beat big teams and I won't be surprised if this Asia cup is for theirs to take.

They also had a tie with India in Asia Cup 2018...iirc

India and Afghanistan seems to be the two best team on current form.

Hardik Pandya and Rashid Khan the real deal of this tournament. :kp :inti

Are you trying to jinx? Afghans did well against us in 2018 when we became champions and were defending champions.

Afghanistan top their group after a convincing win. They walk straight into the Super 4 after tonight! Which leaves a must-win clash between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh as the decider for the second spot.

FCGHXYa.png

Afghanistan top their group after a convincing win. They walk straight into the Super 4 after tonight! Which leaves a must-win clash between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh as the decider for the second spot.

FCGHXYa.png

Afghan’s NRR fell, i somehow just realized it’s not points where NRR will keep getting added on wins.

Are you trying to jinx? Afghans did well against us in 2018 when we became champions and were defending champions.

Nope. He is implying that Afghans will intentionally underperform against India considering BCCI have them under the pocket. That is why he wants BD in next round bcoz he doesn't want India to get an easy passage to the finals.

Nope. He is implying that Afghans will intentionally underperform against India considering BCCI have them under the pocket. That is why he wants BD in next round bcoz he doesn't want India to get an easy passage to the finals.

I want Bangladesh in the next round because Sri Lanka is a dull team whereas Bangladesh is the only team which has rivalry with all the teams. Pakistan vs Bangladesh, Bangladesh vs Afghanistan and Bangladesh vs India. THINK. :genius :inti

Back