AirBlue Thread

Kashif

First Class Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
What are the prices going to be like? 200 pounds return?

KARACHI: Pakistan's one of private sector airlines, Airblue, on Friday announced plans to launch its first long-haul international operation between Islamabad and Manchester, United Kingdom, from the middle of May, 2007.

According to a press release issued here, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Air Blue, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi said the airline had been evaluating proposal to operate to UK for over a year and completed all necessary official requirements to launch the flights.

He said the airline first obtained official permission from government for operations and formal permission was obtained from the UK Department of Transportation.

The decision to start operation to Manchester was taken in the wake of large strength of Pakistani community in the region, Abbasi said.

Negotiations are in process with Manchester Airport Group on details of flight operation, which include slot timing, handling, engineering, catering and other allied support functions, the press release added.

With a fleet of six Airbus aircraft, Airblue operates more than 30 flights a day to seven domestic destinations and three daily flights to Dubai.

It has operated more than 10,000 flights in the last 30 months carrying over 2 million passengers on its network with revenues in excess of Rs12 billion.

I give Airblue the 'thumbs up' - only 1 thing youneed to be aware of.

If you buy online - you need to present your ORIGINAL credit/debit card with your e-ticket when you check-in.

The problem with that is if you book for a relative etc - they STILL need to have your Original credit/debit card with them - which would not be acceptable in the West (fraud etc). Photocopies will not be accepted.

This could pose huge problems if you book ticketes together on 1 card, bu travel at different times/days.

Air Blue service is the best on Pakistani domestic flights but their prices wont be that much cheaper than the rest.

Oxy said:
I give Airblue the 'thumbs up' - only 1 thing youneed to be aware of.

If you buy online - you need to present your ORIGINAL credit/debit card with your e-ticket when you check-in.

The problem with that is if you book for a relative etc - they STILL need to have your Original credit/debit card with them - which would not be acceptable in the West (fraud etc). Photocopies will not be accepted.

This could pose huge problems if you book ticketes together on 1 card, bu travel at different times/days.

We had that problem so in the end we had to book with a different airline.

Airblue pricing structure is very difficult to understand - also, just as yo are about to book - they add £100 surcharge at the end!!!!

suhaib said:
they will surly be cheaper then pia

PIA charge a premium because there is no other airline offering direct flights to Pakistan. Now thats set to change so prices should lower somewhat.

Oxy said:
Airblue pricing structure is very difficult to understand - also, just as yo are about to book - they add £100 surcharge at the end!!!!

Lol yes I remember that too. First you get given the prices without tax then tax and surcharge get added at the end. Don't know what the surcharge is for. Plus their pricing structure is similar to the western budget carriers as in the earlier you book the cheaper your flight is going to be.

karachiite said:
Plus their pricing structure is similar to the western budget carriers as in the earlier you book the cheaper your flight is going to be.

I paid RS 43,000 for 2 return seats (Dubai-Lon). 3 days before I departed, I checked to see how much the price had gonme up - it had been reduced to RS 34,000!!!!

Oxy said:
I paid RS 43,000 for 2 return seats (Dubai-Lon). 3 days before I departed, I checked to see how much the price had gonme up - it had been reduced to RS 34,000!!!!

Is that with air blue? I didn't know they operated on the London-Dubai route.

they cant start all over the world in one go, the flight routes will get bigger and bigger

what is the most likely price going to be from Man to Islamabad

I'm inshallah gonna be going to Lahore this summer for a few weeks
What do u think the going rate will be?

I reckon airblue will fly from gatwick...if it flies from london..slots at heathrow are a premium because of high demand.

don't worry guys there are other pakistani airline which hopefully are going to start flying to uk such as shaheen air, aero asia, Air Mashriq as well as airblue. so cheer up :19:

rizy said:
don't worry guys there are other pakistani airline which hopefully are going to start flying to uk such as shaheen air, aero asia, Air Mashriq as well as airblue. so cheer up :19:

yes..all outside london to start off with.

any from birmingham?? i cant be asked driving to gatwick..plus i hate that airport..

the Great Khan said:
any from birmingham?? i cant be asked driving to gatwick..plus i hate that airport..

my mum was telling him of an airline she heard on telly will be travelling from the midlands..possibly brum -

i am guessing its air mashriq

Toony™® said:
my mum was telling him of an airline she heard on telly will be travelling from the midlands..possibly brum -

i am guessing its air mashriq
Mahaan Airways- its Iranian.

http://www.pakistantimes.net/2007/03/23/top10.htm

AirBlue Begins Pakistan-UK Flights from June 1

By Altaf Hamid Rao 'Pakistan Times' AJK Bureau Chief

MIRPUR (AJK): Pakistan’s apex private-sector airline, AirBlue has announced to begin its flights to UK with effect from June-01.

The decision would expand the overseas network of AirBlue flights to seven for various foreign countries including the United Kingdom.

Besides various cities within Pakistan, the marvelous airline – AirBlue currently operates on manifold destinations in the United Arab Emirates – UAE.

Decision to launch flights to Manchester in UK with effect from June 01 was announced by the Chief Operating Officer [COO] AirBlue Shahid Khaqan Abbasi at a launching ceremony held here, under the auspices of the management of AirBlue and local AITA-approved travel agents.

The AirBlue direct flight to Manchester shall be originating from Islamabad, he said.

The AirBlue COO said that since lakhs of Kashmiris belonging to Mirpur district were settled in Manchester and adjoining areas, AirBlue decided to provide either-side direct traveling facility from Islamabad to Manchester from June 1.

He said that initially four flights on the route will be operated in a week and later on it will be operated on daily basis for the facilities of the passengers living in Manchester and the towns in its outskirt, he added.

Shahid Khaqan Abbasi said that for the convenience of the people of Mirpur and Manchester, it will fly at 2.00 p.m from Islamabad and land at Manchester at 7.30 p.m (local time) the same day.

Similarly, from Manchester, AirBlue bird will fly from Manchester at 2.00 a.m (local time) and land at Islamabad 10.30 a.m. These direct flights will be much convenient for people of Mirpur settled in Manchester and other adjoining resorts.

The AirBlue COO said that in order to provide more batter safe and comfortable facilities to the commuters, his organization has added latest planes in its fleet by raising the number of its flights from three and seven on various foreign destinations including those determined in United Kingdom, he added.

Shahid Haqan Abbasi said that since air lines business has emerged as a high-frequency business, AirBlue has given a tremendous boost to its system and emerged as the major private entity in the air carrier field in Pakistan.

He pointed out that AirBlue was operating its flights simultaneously for their respectively stipulated destinations.

AirBlue chief said that for the convenience of the local passengers of Mirpur seeking to abroad Air-Blue for Manchester and other destinations, his organization will provide check in facility to the passengers close to their door step in Mirpur.

Necessary arrangements will be made to this direction soon, he added. He said that free safe and comfortable transport will be provided to the Air-Blue passengers hailing from Mirpur to and from Islamabad besides the local check-in facility to the passengers.

He said that in order his organization is also taking necessary steps to provide self E-Ticketing facility to those passengers seeking to travel by Air-Blue.

He said that it was the basic endeavor of AirBlue to attract the passengers of the excellent facilities which his organization is determined to provide to the passengers seeking to travel through AirBlue on their own choice and will.

He also declared to provide dynamic and competitive fare as compared to the fares of other contemporaries in the market.

AirBlue has added latest planes in its fleet by raising the number of its flights from three and seven on various foreign destinations, he said.

Shahid Khaqan Abbasi said free safe and comfortable transport will be provided to the AirBlue passengers hailing from Mirpur to and from Islamabad besides local check-in facility.

He said his organization is also taking steps to provide E-ticketing facility to passengers seeking to travel by AirBlue.

He also assured to provide competitive fare to its patrons.

Speakers on the occasion appreciated the successes scored by the private sector in various fields, including air traffic.

They emphasized the need for establishment of an international airport in the private-sector in Mirpur Azad Kashmir on the pattern of the recently-constructed private-sector Sialkot International Airport to facilitate thousands of local passengers who travel daily to from the United Kingdom to Pakistan through different flights.

Kashmiri journalist Altaf Hamid Rao said that since over seven lakh out of over one million Britain-based overseas Pakistanis hail from three districts of Mirpur division and other parts of AJK, an international airport in the private or public sector in Mirpur may prove to be a major facility.

Besides the AirBlue Chairman and COO Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the ceremony was also addressed by Saeed Hassan DSM, Islamabad, ex-Chairman MDA Chaudhry Muhammad Hanif, CEO Bukhari Travels Muhammad Rafique and Sayed Farhan Hussasin Shah, Saeed Agha, Khalil Piracha, Zaffar Iqbal, Muhammad Iqbal and others

Oxy I'm relying on google :)

My wild guess is that it should be around £250-300 return. However given the current PIA crisis, AirBlue will probably charge normal going fares.

what planes are they using and how young is their fleet ?

Kashif said:
Oxy I'm relying on google :)

My wild guess is that it should be around £250-300 return. However given the current PIA crisis, AirBlue will probably charge normal going fares.

thats cheap for return if true :O

My cousin works for them so I will ask him tomorrow how much the tickets are?

He told me that there would be direct flight starting from London later this year.

MIG said:
what planes are they using and how young is their fleet ?

they got hold of some good planes (forgot number) but they were second hand.

The Monk said:
My cousin works for them so I will ask him tomorrow how much the tickets are?

He told me that there would be direct flight starting from London later this year.

u found out the price?

on their website when u do the booking..it says 485 return..which is too expensive

I've always compared the Air Blue to WestJet in Canada.

It's not as big as the big airline in the country (PIA in Pakistan and Air Canada in Canada) but the fact they aren't associated with the government and can't get away with irresponsible business practices means they actually run a better airline.

guys how much is the difference between a PIA and British Airways return ticket to islamabad from heathrow?

on its website it shows it as £81 for outbound and £41 for returns,
next to it, it says 80%

£122 in total, they are charging, from manchester to islamabad

Suhaib - do you have a llink to that - I cant find it

when you go to the air blue website, just put your schdule in, from manchester to islamabad. its right on the front page in the middle.

YOu can actually get a return for £81 but you then have to add:-

Surcharge: 66.00
Airport Fees: 55.00

So what ever the total is add £121

Ive just price up a return trip for 4 for £680. We paid £2000 for this trip 3 months ago...

i wouldnt get on those flights if they are this cheap
something dodgy for sure

HAFRIDI said:
how do u get the 121? the price im getting is about 243
I got £82 return - exclusive of taxes/surcharge -

gambino said:
i wouldnt get on those flights if they are this cheap
something dodgy for sure
Its an special deal - thats all - once theyve sold a few cheap seats, they'll go back to £400-£500.

oh..so its just another PIA...expensive flights

Oxy, and anyone else, can you tell the cheapest fare to Pakistan for a family of 5 (all adults) from manchester. dates that we are looking for are 25th june departure and 10 Sept return.

Vegitto1 said:
Oxy, and anyone else, can you tell the cheapest fare to Pakistan for a family of 5 (all adults) from manchester. dates that we are looking for are 25th june departure and 10 Sept return.

Air Blue

Outbound Flight: JUN 27 -- Economy Class -- Flight ED221 Manchester to Islamabad
Fare Fare Code Description Price Quantity Total
Adult YW30V 30% Off fare (web discount applied) 283.00 5 1415.00
Return Flight: SEP 12 -- Economy Class -- Flight ED220 Islamabad to Manchester
Adult YW50K 50% Off fare (web discount applied) 202.00 5 1010.00

Total Fares
£ 2,425.00

Airblue seems pricy - but its PEAK SEASON, so it'll be expensive whoever you fly with.

Try alitali to get to Dubai / Airblue to get from Dubai-Isbd.

I did in Jan

woah i cant believe how cheap it is totals upto around 200quid return but it depends on which day you select

air blue is a total bargain and the price is for summer is well.

i just typed in a date, 2nd june

Fares: 162.00
Surcharge: 66.00
Airport Fees: 55.00
Taxes & Add'l Fees: 0.00
Total: £ 283.00

---------------

Outbound Flight: JUN 2 -- Economy Class -- Flight ED221 Manchester to Islamabad
Adult YW80E 80% Off fare (web discount applied) 81.00 1 81.00
Return Flight: JUL 4 -- Economy Class -- Flight ED220 Islamabad to Manchester
Adult YW80E 80% Off fare (web discount applied) 81.00 1 81.00

Total Fares

£ 162.00

--------------

soo which one is it 162 or 283?

its 283
if you dont book now then you wont get that price because its likely that the prices will go higher as more seats get taken, i think

HY - its £283 - thats £200 cheaper than anything you'll get

yeah that is well cheap! i think i was pushing me luck hoping it would be the 160 odd haha

what is that special discount of 80% and 90% about, surly thats a mistake, otherwise original price per seat will be well over £1000 per seat

suhaib said:
what is that special discount of 80% and 90% about, surly thats a mistake, otherwise original price per seat will be well over £1000 per seat
dISCOUNT IS ADDED - THEN THEY ADD THE TAXES/SURCHARGES

HAFRIDI said:
Is it better to book now then? is it limited seats

Yes - I'm guessing x% are discounted - then when they are taken, price goes up.

I just tested it - tried to get 2 seats - fine, Tried 4, and the price went up.

i dont know about you lot but when we go pakistan my family want to take a million things and more there baggage allowance is 20kg per person thas nothing BA give 23kg and pia in peak season its 30kg and off peak 40kg

waquas_uk said:
i dont know about you lot but when we go pakistan my family want to take a million things and more there baggage allowance is 20kg per person thas nothing BA give 23kg and pia in peak season its 30kg and off peak 40kg

i think you will find nearly ALL pakistan families are like that

AirBlue was 30kg in Jan...why has that gone down?

Oxy said:
dISCOUNT IS ADDED - THEN THEY ADD THE TAXES/SURCHARGES

thats what i just said, if discount is added, how can the tickets be at 200 odd, if you take out the 80% or 90% discount from it, the price flies to over 1000 pounds per seat

Oxy said:
Yes - I'm guessing x% are discounted - then when they are taken, price goes up.

I just tested it - tried to get 2 seats - fine, Tried 4, and the price went up.

discount must be limted to like 2 tickets per person,

i dnt think they can just give half the plane for discount and rest full price, thats not fair.

myabe discount is just for 1 month.

my family are planning to go this summer too
6 adults and 1 child(6 years old)
1st week of july departure and return on 1st week of sep

but got a lot of things to take so can anyone give the latest baggage weight allowances?

i know pia allow 30(i think or 40)

Last edited:
Back