AirBlue Thread

I know the price will be £100 cheaper. It's £430 return according to someone I know who works for a travel agent.

got tickets with PIA for a 5 ppl at 450 each leaving on 20th June and returning on 12 Sept. So In my opinion both Airblue and Pia have same prices..and AeroAsia wont be any different.

Pia has one thing going in its favour that it allows 10kg more weight then other Airlines.

your prices are off season prices

will be interesting to compare the peak season prices of July and Aug

ps Air blue is not a direct flight

it stops in Ankara Turkey for refueling

kayanni said:
your prices are off season prices

will be interesting to compare the peak season prices of July and Aug

£430ish return was the peak time price I was given for Air blue. Going In July returning end of August. So Blue Air is not that cheaper but only a little compared to PIA and BA.

how did you get that 400 pounds figure on airblue website has 100 and something for single and around 250 for return.

when does peak season start?

might aswell book the tickets now and how long do i have to cancel them before the flight so i can get a refund if something happens or a change of plan

interesting deals .. is airblue planning on flying to US as well ?

i got NY --> LH return ticket leaving on june 9th for $1300 (peak summer fare is $1500+)

wondering if it would have been cheaper if i flew into UK on some other carrier and then took air blue to pakistan.

how did you get that 400 pounds figure on airblue website has 100 and something for single and around 250 for return.

have a closer look, the actuall value is around that much after additional costs...

This Air Blue which is actually a Turkish airline stops in Turkey for fuel and also at peak times the return fair is £480 which is £10 more than what someone I know paid for PIA for the same length and time of travel.

Maybe it's cheap off peak but I can't see anything cheap about it now so don't know what all the excitment was about?

Fessal said:
This Air Blue which is actually a Turkish airline stops in Turkey for fuel and also at peak times the return fair is £480 which is £10 more than what someone I know paid for PIA for the same length and time of travel.

Maybe it's cheap off peak but I can't see anything cheap about it now so don't know what all the excitment was about?

Get in early - even during peak season and you going to Pak for £200.

Early bird catches the worm...........

Book early and the first x number of seats are heavily discounted.

Wow thats good then. Thanks for the info because I may be going next year Inshallah so I will book well in advance.

Fessal said:
Wow thats good then. Thanks for the info because I may be going next year Inshallah so I will book well in advance.
1 year in advance? Thats probably too early! 2 months in advance is usually fine.

They may not be around 12 months down the line....

even pia is using turkish airline planes,

there was a column i read in a paper few weeks back about it, even the air hoistress were turkish and they dnt know urdu or english and the plane was dirty like ****. that was pia, not sure about airblue.

suhaib said:
well i just booked mine on emirates for 470
Suhaib - can you take a small package to Pak for me? No? Thanks - I'll bring it round your place tomorrow. Its only about 2kg. Wont take up much space.

Oxy said:
Suhaib - can you take a small package to Pak for me? No? Thanks - I'll bring it round your place tomorrow. Its only about 2kg. Wont take up much space.
:))) Are you sure its only 2kg...and not 20kg? :)))

mamoo gogo said:
:))) Are you sure its only 2kg...and not 20kg? :)))
Its just some paperwork.

Come on Suhaib, I dont even know you. Yet I am willing to trust you with it. Can you drop it off to Islamabad for me? Thats only 2-3 hour journey from Lahore.

Oxy said:
Its just some paperwork.

Come on Suhaib, I dont even know you. Yet I am willing to trust you with it. Can you drop it off to Islamabad for me? Thats only 2-3 hour journey from Lahore.

:))) :O

anyone know what the best deal would be for a family right now?
7 adults and 1 child

1st week of july

destination islamabad

departure from anywhere in england

Last edited:
just found out from agents and in sumemr tickets will be 620 but right now they are 480 so book while you can

My mother in law went on PIA and I was shocked she said the service was great and improved by 300%. I wonder why that is? all the air crew kept on asking if they need anything every now and then and plenty of room and even the captain anounced that please ask if you need anything. Nice to see some competiton at last.

trust me mate i went last year,
i was about to smack one of the attendants on the face but didnt cos he was a old man in his 50's.

i was 1st asked to move out of my seat cos a family needed to sit
then the seat i moved to the tv wasnt working.
add to that the fact that i got the middle seat,
and i asked for them to fix the tv or move me and they said they cannot.
i put up with it that time cos i hadnt been in a plane for 8 years but when i go in a few weeks time im gonna just tell them to f off if they do anything like that ever again

gambino said:
trust me mate i went last year,
i was about to smack one of the attendants on the face but didnt cos he was a old man in his 50's.

i was 1st asked to move out of my seat cos a family needed to sit
then the seat i moved to the tv wasnt working.
add to that the fact that i got the middle seat,
and i asked for them to fix the tv or move me and they said they cannot.
i put up with it that time cos i hadnt been in a plane for 8 years but when i go in a few weeks time im gonna just tell them to f off if they do anything like that ever again

Yeah do that!!

I went 2 summers ago and the crew were so rude on my way back to the UK. This guy in his 40's, i swear i felt like saying something but though oh well let him be!

thing is this time i got my family with me so if they try to move any of us i will show them the tickets and refuse to move

i can do that cant i?
or can they unlawfully do something like arrest me or force me to move or something typical pakistani way?

Airblue to give tough time to competitors

by Javed Mahmood
The rapidly-growing share of Airblue in the domestic air traffic and expansion of the airline to a number of famous and crowded international destinations this year indicate that the airline is on the path to give a tough time to its competitors in the country, especially Pakistan International Airline. Airblue, which took off in 2004 has captured 30 per cent share of air traffic in Pakistan. The leading private sector airline in the country is capturing more market share rapidly with the passage of time.
Money Plus learnt that at present 60 per cent domestic share of air traffic is with Pakistan International Airlines, 30 per cent with Airblue while 10 per cent is with Shaheen and Aero Asia.
Airblue is buying brand-new fleet of 10 modern aircrafts in 2009 at an estimated cost of 850 million dollars. This new fleet will be available with the airline before the expiry of dry-lease of the existing fleet of A320 and A321 air careers.
Under the dry-lease agreement the provider of aircraft does not offer crewmembers and technical staff along with the aircraft. But in the case of wet-lease the crewmembers and technical experts are provided along with the aeroplanes.
Last week the Civil Aviation Authorities suspended the operations of Aero Asia due to safety concerns. This development would go into the favour of other airlines in the country, especially PIA and Airblue.
Another major development regarding Airblue is that this leading private sector airline in Pakistan would be taken to the stock market in June 2008. It would be the first-ever private airline in the country that would be listed at Karachi Stock Exchange next year. The fastest-growing domestic airline would complete three financial years that is mandatory for the listing of any company at the stock market in the country. The management of the airline had taken this bold decision keeping in view the reputation of the air career, its financial results, profitability, growing share in air traffic and expansion in the domestic and international routes and flights. Airblue will be the first private sector air career in the country that would be going to the stock market.
Presently, PIA, the state-run national flag-career is being traded at stock market, but its share is much cheaper than potatoes and tomatoes because of its deteriorating financial health. Airblue takes the credit of bringing much-awaited key changes in the air travel by introducing innovations in technology, especially the launching of e-ticketing, offering competitive fare and an impressive facilitation for the passengers. Before the launching of Airblue it was not an easy task to get the seats reserves for domestic and international travel.
The modern technology, first introduced by Airblue and then implemented by other domestic airlines, had also helped in phasing out fake occupancy through the authorized agents of the airlines. The existing reservation automatically cancels the seats in case the authorized agents of the airline or the customers do not make payment within the prescribed limit to get reserves their seats.
Financial discipline, corporate culture, aggressive marketing, fuel-efficient fleet of air careers, arrangement of its own crews and technical staff have led Airblue to excel in service and become financially viable and profitable within a short span of three years. Credit goes to Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, former chairman Pakistan International Airlines and Syed Nasir Ali, Director Commercial Airblue (ex-Special Assistant of Khaqan Abbasi when he was heading PIA), who put together their experience, strategies and introduced a new airline in the country. Credit also goes to the key-financers of the Airblue, Tariq Mahmood, a Pakistani residing in the United States and Karachi-based JS Group, who played an important role in promoting the airline within the country and abroad. Mr Tariq Mahmood is a brain behind the introduction of latest technology and innovations in the communication system of the airline.

http://nation.com.pk/daily/may-2007/14/bnews3.php

Junaid Khan criticises airblue cabin crew for poor behaviour

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Feeling very upset to be writing this. Today i travelled from Saudi Arabia to Pakistan by airblue airline PA277<br>Its very heart breaking to see the airhostess behaving so rudely with the simple living elderly. Requesting <a href="https://twitter.com/airblueairline?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@airblueairline</a> to please look after the passangers on board</p>— Junaid khan 83 (@JunaidkhanREAL) <a href="https://twitter.com/JunaidkhanREAL/status/997197912970063872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Feeling very upset to be writing this. Today i travelled from Saudi Arabia to Pakistan by airblue airline PA277<br>Its very heart breaking to see the airhostess behaving so rudely with the simple living elderly. Requesting <a href="https://twitter.com/airblueairline?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@airblueairline</a> to please look after the passangers on board</p>— Junaid khan 83 (@JunaidkhanREAL) <a href="https://twitter.com/JunaidkhanREAL/status/997197912970063872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So Juni considers himself amongst the elderly now... maybe the 83 in his twitter handle is starting to make sense :))

Juni you are criticizing the airline owned by the sitting Prime Minister of your country so be careful man ager team main select hona he dubara :yk

So Juni considers himself amongst the elderly now... maybe the 83 in his twitter handle is starting to make sense :))

Lol he obviously isn't talking about himself, probably saw the staff being rude to other elderly passengers.

Back