Another Myth : What happens in Asia is reproducible anywhere else in the world...

Dr_Bassim

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week
So now posters who were actually upping the chase, have taken a self-defensive approach by saying...

Well it happened in Galle and Sharjah in 57 overs, so it CAN be DONE.

The only problem is :

Hamilton is not Galle and Sharjah.

New Zealand is not Sri Lanka.

The conditions in Sharjah and Galle are so much different, and MOST of our batsmen consider Sharjah as our home, while Galle is more of an Asian wicket.

You need to have some semblance of thought.

Chasing 370 was never on ... even if we tried from ball one.

If we did, we would have ended up 40-3 very quickly and 150 all out after lunch.

But seeing that we got to 191-3 by tea, how do you manage to expect a team to score in NZ and that too 200 odd in one session is height of imbecility.

Sometimes you have to consider the situations, the pitch, the opposition ,and know when to just shut up and take a 1-0 draw and series loss.

This tiger approach is only good for emotion.

Realistically Pakistan lost the series 2-0 in one moment of madness.

Another moment of madness is posters thinking had Pakistan played faster they would have made it.

They would have just fell faster ... 150 max after lunch.

Take my word for it.

They could have gone for it or blocked from over number 1. PAK left ~ 200 runs to be chased in final session without any stroke makers except Sarfaraz which was not ON.

PAK were 102/0 after 52 overs when it was flat. They should have upped the ante then instead they started attacking 13 overs before new ball and it fell apart. Messed up strategy.

As I mentioned in the other thread, if you go for the chase, there is 90% chance of NZ winning.

That's the risk.

Pak took it and it didn't work out.

Going for chase was fine (series was on the line) but the execution was rubbish.

It happens.

Pak should forget this quickly and get ready for Aus Test.

Back