Another New Bat!?

shirazi_r

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
So for some reason beyond my understanding, I'm longing to buy another bat. As some of you know, I purchased a GM Icon 303 not so long ago and I'm loving it's performance but I feel I may want to try something a little lighter.

I've basically decided on a couple (perhaps more than a couple) of bats I'd like and would appreciate any feed back or opinions on these bats:

Gray Nicolls Quantum Force

26191.jpg

Gray Nicolls Oblivion Strike

38173.jpg

Kookaburra Blade 250

25696.jpg

Kookaburra Rogue 200

25704.jpg

Kookaburra Kahuna 150

25692.jpg

Riz Bhai, first of all I would recommend you to drop to Qasra Sports and check out the bats as he has most of the one you have listed above. As I believe feel is the most important thing.

Anyways, from the above list I would say buy Oblivion, yaar you wouldn't believe it has amazing shape/profile! When you hold it you will definately love it trust me bro! I know you like Blade as I have read your posts in past but I wouldn't recommend that as its sweetspot is very high for our pitches and it won't be a great bat. For Blade you really need high bounce pitches also since you have Icon which is also high sweetspot I wouldn't recommend you to buy another high sweetspot bat.

Oblivion has a low sweetspot but picks up like feather and profile is great as well. Plus if you play on front foot it would be ideal for you.

Kahuna and Rogue are not bad but I for some reasons don't rather Kookaburra bats very high.

Riz Bhai, first of all I would recommend you to drop to Qasra Sports and check out the bats as he has most of the one you have listed above. As I believe feel is the most important thing.

Anyways, from the above list I would say buy Oblivion, yaar you wouldn't believe it has amazing shape/profile! When you hold it you will definately love it trust me bro! I know you like Blade as I have read your posts in past but I wouldn't recommend that as its sweetspot is very high for our pitches and it won't be a great bat. For Blade you really need high bounce pitches also since you have Icon which is also high sweetspot I wouldn't recommend you to buy another high sweetspot bat.

Oblivion has a low sweetspot but picks up like feather and profile is great as well. Plus if you play on front foot it would be ideal for you.

Kahuna and Rogue are not bad but I for some reasons don't rather Kookaburra bats very high.

Qasra is just too damn far. LOL

I'll try and have a look and see if there's anywhere on the east end that stocks some of these bats.

Ahh okay ;(

To be honest, if I recommend then it will be Oblivion, I don't know if its because I like Oblivion but I found Oblivion to be better balanced compared to Quantum plus the squareish toe of Quantum didn't feel great in my opinion.

Kookaburra's I don't know but for some reasons I don't like them. They feel alright and to me all look same except Blade having very high sweetspot.

So my pick would be Oblivion.

Ahh okay ;(

To be honest, if I recommend then it will be Oblivion, I don't know if its because I like Oblivion but I found Oblivion to be better balanced compared to Quantum plus the squareish toe of Quantum didn't feel great in my opinion.

Kookaburra's I don't know but for some reasons I don't like them. They feel alright and to me all look same except Blade having very high sweetspot.

So my pick would be Oblivion.

I would actually like an Oblivion seeing as it's quite an attractive bat but my issue is with the grade that I'd be buying. I'm hearing things about the Oblivion Strike having grains printed on the scuff sheet! While I'm okay with things like polycoats and fibretech, I don't want printed grains.

The next grade up would be the four star and I'd rather avoid spending more than I have to.

Here are few pictures of Oblivion Strike which I think might help you;

DSC01235.jpg

DSC01234.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

Actually if you can afford Four Star then I will say go for that, remember my best bat so far is my Gray Nicolls Powerbow 3 Star and they are totally what there value and play very very well.

Here are pictures of Oblivion 4 Star from uzisports;

GrayNicolls_Bats_7-1.jpg

GrayNicolls_Bats_8-1.jpg

GrayNicolls_Bats_9.jpg

Hope it helps!

I've seen those photos at other places but the flash makes it difficult to see how to face looks. Wondering if I should go for it or not....

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone the reason for the square toe on the Quantum, or is it just for design?

JazakallahKhair.

Riz Bhai,

I am not sure but can't you buy Indian bat? I mean the price you will pay for these bats will be near G2 Indian bat..

Sorry to ask this question here but is it only me that the profile of Evo and Oblivion looks more or less the same?

GrayNicolls_Bats_3.jpg

Talking about the second one from right..

Seems to me they're similar, but I find all GN bats to share certain profile characteristics.

In this case, it looks like the Oblivion has a (slightly) lowers sweetspot and a hint more bow along the blade. It also looks as though it has less concaving but the photos make it difficult to tell.

For all it's worth, I doubt you'd be able to tell much of a difference in the hands.

Btw, that Nitro looks damn good!

and a thicker toe as well.
btw what is your budget? and what type of bat are you looking for?

To be honest, my budget isn't much at the moment, around 80 pounds shipped to Canada. I feel I want something with the lightest pickup possible, concaving, and a middle-highish sweetspot.

This said, I have a Kookaburra Blade 250 on the way so I'll give that a go before deciding on buying another bat.

Yup, the Blade 250 is the one I've had my eye on from the start so there no sense in purchasing something else and then ruing my decision not to choose the Blade.

I'm sure as time passes, I'll see something that really catches my eye and go for that one instead of unnecessarily buying whatever I can afford.

sometimes u can find really good bats in the lower range..my kook ice as well. i am now planning on using that for this season.....have oiled it. and now the knocking process will start...it feels pre-knocked so going to spend 1 hr in total on it.

the ones that catch my eye don't quite agree with my pocket.

the ones that catch my eye don't quite agree with my pocket.

This is often true, though most of the time I'm quite content going with a lower grade bat if it shares the profile and quality of the higher end bat.

The reality is that there's loads of debate as to whether more expensive willow pings better and all that, but as an amateur club cricketer, I don't play a high enough level of cricket to be able to discern a huge difference.

same here at my level. although personally i have felt that if i like the feel of the bat, it gives me more confidence to play.

and now a days all bats have a great middle.

This is often true, though most of the time I'm quite content going with a lower grade bat if it shares the profile and quality of the higher end bat.

The reality is that there's loads of debate as to whether more expensive willow pings better and all that, but as an amateur club cricketer, I don't play a high enough level of cricket to be able to discern a huge difference.

Can you post a review and pictures of your Kook Blade 250?

Also can u post pics of ur GM icon?

Yaar Hammad Bhai Reebok doesn't even make bats, it is not a Reebok bat just stickers I would say.

Could be SS, they are very big in India. Lots and mostly all of Indian players use SS bats

One more question, if you don't mind :)

How come Indian jersey is made by Nike, and Indian players use other sponsors' bats? E.g. Tendulkar has Adidas sticker, Yusuf Pathan has Reebok sticker on his bat.

One more question, if you don't mind :)

How come Indian jersey is made by Nike, and Indian players use other sponsors' bats? E.g. Tendulkar has Adidas sticker, Yusuf Pathan has Reebok sticker on his bat.

Arre yaar kaisi battayy karray Hp Bhaiask me whatever you wish to ask :)

Actually bat sponsorship has nothing todo with team kit supplies, many players in Pakistan team are not using Boom Boom bats like Misbah Ul Haq, Younis Khan etc.

It is about money whoever pays the players highest and most wins the spot of stickers on players bat :)

Make sense ?:)

Back