Another PML(N) MPA Disqualified (Fake Degree)

insaftak

Senior ODI Player
Runs
RAWALPINDI: Lahore High Court (LHC)’s Rawalpindi bench has disqualified member Punjab Assembly and PML-N’s Yasir Raza in a fake degree case on Wednesday, Geo News reported.

On Tuesday, LHC’s judge Justice Khwaja Imtiaz Ahmed concluded hearing and reserved the verdict on the appeal filed by Ishtiaq Mirza, which challenged the eligibility of intermediate certificate of Yasir Raza.

The practitioner requested in his plea that Yasir Raza, elected from PP-13, was carrying a fake intermediate certificate as someone else appeared in examination on for him.

The champions of morality (PML N) has the highest number of MPA/MNA disqualified for having fake degrees. The struggle for Azzad Addalia is paying off.

A few things:

1. This is really the fruit of independent judicial system. Excellent stuff

2. I dont think a party can be held responsible for this currently. They did not award tickets to these guys after verifying their degrees. SO dont blame PPP, PML-N for this. Blame the individuals themselves. And also the ECP, it was their job to get the degrees verified.

3. One thing you have to give to the PML-N, is that they have not offered any resistance to these disqualifications. In fact, Abid Sher Ali, who is a PML-N MNA, is the guy responsible for getting the degrees verified in the first place. Look at PPP, crying and shouting against these verifications.

I hope many such people are disqualified, there are fresh elections, and PTI wins some seats

waqar_ahmad said:
A few things:

2. I dont think a party can be held responsible for this currently. They did not award tickets to these guys after verifying their degrees. SO dont blame PPP, PML-N for this. Blame the individuals themselves. And also the ECP, it was their job to get the degrees verified.

It is responsibility of party to check whether the documents a candidate is filing with Party's parliamentary board are authentic. that is the job of parliamentary board within board. however, Election commission of Pakistan is full of incompetent people and it was their job to check if these degree were real.

3. One thing you have to give to the PML-N, is that they have not offered any resistance to these disqualifications. In fact, Abid Sher Ali, who is a PML-N MNA, is the guy responsible for getting the degrees verified in the first place. Look at PPP, crying and shouting against these verifications.

That is all bull ****, PML(N) gave tickets to Najma Musthaq and Ajmal Asif in recent by elections. both of them resigned because they had fake degrees.

I am glad they are being exposed by the Judiciary and Media

insaftak said:
I am glad they are being exposed by the Judiciary and Media
Did these guys come back with a valid degree?

PPP got Dasti elected. Did he come back with a valid degree?

See that's a problem with the law. The courts should have barred them for contesting elections for 10 years minimum, instead of JUST disqualifying them.

As for this being a party responsibility, this degree law is not old enough yet, for our parties to incorporate it into their selection process. I dont think its the parties' fault. The ECP should have verified the degrees in the first place.

waqar_ahmad said:
Did these guys come back with a valid degree?

PPP got Dasti elected. Did he come back with a valid degree?

See that's a problem with the law. The courts should have barred them for contesting elections for 10 years minimum, instead of JUST disqualifying them.

As for this being a party responsibility, this degree law is not old enough yet, for our parties to incorporate it into their selection process. I dont think its the parties' fault. The ECP should have verified the degrees in the first place.

Nope, Najma Musthaq and Ajmal Asif don't have any degrees. I agree with you on courts should have barred them from contesting elections. Election commission of Pakistan is full of Idiots that are still sleeping even with the coverage election commission is getting everyday.

insaftak said:
Nope, Najma Musthaq and Ajmal Asif don't have any degrees. I agree with you on courts should have barred them from contesting elections. Election commission of Pakistan is full of Idiots that are still sleeping even with the coverage election commission is getting everyday.
Then there you go!!

The courts should have barred them, period. Why were they allowed to contest elections again?

And what the hell is ECP doing?

I hate these political parties as much as you do, but when the blame does not rest entirely on them, in fact they are very little to blame, one must point out the people who should take the blame for this

I don't agree with this barrier to entry into parliament.

Only 35% of Pakistan is literate and allah knows how many of this 35% goes onto do a degree. I would guess 1-5%. Which means we are blocking over 90% of the Pakistani population from getting into a position of power.

I can understand the reason behind the introduction of the degree criteria but it was ill thought out and unfair.

An educated person cannot understand the problems of an uneducated person as the uneducated person understands them. They may not even be able to identify some problems the poor may have.

Pakistan needs an educated power looking over the legislature and the degree criteria is needed but it should not be placed on the National Assembly it should be enforced on the senate.

Wazeeri said:

Only 35% of Pakistan is literate and allah knows how many of this 35% goes onto do a degree. I would guess 1-5%. Which means we are blocking over 90% of the Pakistani population from getting into a position of power.

I can understand the reason behind the introduction of the degree criteria but it was ill thought out and unfair.

An educated person cannot understand the problems of an uneducated person as the uneducated person understands them. They may not even be able to identify some problems the poor may have.

Pakistan needs an educated power looking over the legislature and the degree criteria is needed but it should not be placed on the National Assembly it should be enforced on the senate.

I agree with you that the law was a stupid one but they should have challenged the law in courts instead of getting fake degrees and cheating people. They are costing tax payers (which are few to begin with) money with by elections happening everyday.

I agree with you that the law was a stupid one but they should have challenged the law in courts instead of getting fake degrees and cheating people. They are costing tax payers (which are few to begin with) money with by elections happening everyday.
Agree with that, law has to be followed whether stupid or not.

Wazeeri said:

That's a separate issue. But it is a law. And how can you have lawmakers themselves try to bypass it with illegal means

That's a separate issue. But it is a law. And how can you have lawmakers themselves try to bypass it with illegal means
I am not defending the ilk of Dasti but it is worth thinking, how do you change a law when the power to change the law is denied to you?

Wazeeri said:
I am not defending the ilk of Dasti but it is worth thinking, how do you change a law when the power to change the law is denied to you?
iI know what you mean.

But, this isnt a law that cant be changed from within. Get the right people elected, and change it. If the parties cant even find enough educated people, then that's just bad

Excellent stuff, however blaming PML-N is VERY VERY unfair. Its not their fault, and i highly doubt they has any real hand in picking/hiding any of this.

Also at least you see them resigning (one of the few parties where you'll see resignations as we've seen on various issues with PML-N unlike others who come back...some with the PMs backing!)

And then you have certain people saying a degree is a degree...real of fake!

Mohsin said:
Excellent stuff, however blaming PML-N is VERY VERY unfair. Its not their fault, and i highly doubt they has any real hand in picking/hiding any of this.

Also at least you see them resigning (one of the few parties where you'll see resignations as we've seen on various issues with PML-N unlike others who come back...some with the PMs backing!)

And then you have certain people saying a degree is a degree...real of fake!

I don't know what you are talking about, PML(N) gave tickets to najma musthaq in a recent election and she lost. PML(N) gave ticket to Ajaml asif and he won election. it is just to easy to criticize ppp. PPP and Pml(N) are the same.

insaftak said:
I don't know what you are talking about, PML(N) gave tickets to najma musthaq in a recent election and she lost. PML(N) gave ticket to Ajaml asif and he won election. it is just to easy to criticize ppp. PPP and Pml(N) are the same.
Once again, that is the court's mistake. Why werent the barred? I already posted this.

Do not expect high moral values from political parties

waqar_ahmad said:
Once again, that is the court's mistake. Why werent the barred? I already posted this.

Do not expect high moral values from political parties

I was responding to Mohsin's comment about PML(N) politician resigning and PML(N) not awarding the tickets to them. that is clearly not the case even when PML(N) continues to say that we will not award tickets to anyone who has gotten to parliament with a fake degree.

insaftak said:
I was responding to Mohsin's comment about PML(N) politician resigning and PML(N) not awarding the tickets to them. that is clearly not the case even when PML(N) continues to say that we will not award tickets to anyone who has gotten to parliament with a fake degree.
Is there a way to get in touch with you insaf? Something really interesting I want to discuss

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...ls-a-rat-in-dodgy-degree-row-timing-170-rs-01

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari went on the offensive on Wednesday over the matter of legislators’ degrees, ruling out their disqualification and accusing “anti-democracy forces” of conspiring against the government.

In a speech loaded with innuendos against his political rivals, Zardari left little doubt that he saw the degree issue as nothing but a smokescreen behind which a plot was being hatched against him.

“I will once again survive attempts to dislodge me from the Presidency and go on to complete my term,” the president said in a speech at a ballot for the Waseela-i-Haq scheme of the Benazir Income Support Programme.

“Sometime back when there was a law on the statute book requiring representatives to produce bachelors’ degree, no one asked questions about academic qualifications of elected members.

“But strangely enough, some people are blowing up the issue out of all proportions now even though the law is no more,” Mr Zardari said.

“People alone have the right to elect their representatives and send them to parliament and provincial assemblies,” he added.

Farhatullah Babar, a spokesman for the president, made a feeble attempt to paper over the remarks, saying Mr Zardari had merely urged his detractors not to malign the parliament and democracy.

The issue of academic qualification was first raised by Abid Sher Ali, a leader of the Pakistan Muslim League-N and member of the National Assembly Standing Committee on education.

Degrees of some 40 legislators have so far been challenged by their rivals.

The Election Commission, waking up to the gravity of the matter, last week decided to get scrutinised degrees and certificates of all parliamentarians and members of provincial assemblies. It has so far forwarded documents of about 1,100 senators, MNAs and MPAs to the Higher Education Commission for authentication.

Observers now fear that over 100 legislators would stand disqualified for having provided wrong information to the Election Commission about their educational qualifications at the time of submitting their nomination papers.

now zardari says even quaed e azam was not a graduate.
wah zrdari.mar ja

Xohaib said:
wah zrdari.mar ja
Wah. Kia baat hai zardari ke.

This guy comes up with the lamest lines to defend himself and his cronies

Xohaib said:
wah zrdari.mar ja

What else do you expect from Asif Ali Ghaddari and his Ghaddar cronies, be it Rehman Malik, Zulfiqar Mirza, Hussain Haqqani or :altaf (just but to name a few)?

PMLN's Abid Sher Ali, Pakistani family trade abuses at London restaurant in viral video

PMLN's Abid Sher Ali, Pakistani family trade abuses at London restaurant in viral video

LONDON – In a disgraceful incident at a restaurant in West London, former Federal Minister and the leader of PML-N Abid Sher Ali, known for his outlandish behavior which frequently push the boundaries of decency, can be seen hurling abuses on a Pakistani family.

Reports in local media quoting sources cited that the clip making rounds on social media is from Tuesday where the opposition party leader can be seen hurling abuses in the presence of minors and women inside a Turkish restaurant, while the onlookers capture the disgraced spat.

The family involved in the brawl told a media outlet that they were waiting in a queue for their turn on Eid day while Abid and Shahbaz Sharif’s son [Salman Shahbaz] entered the restaurant by jumping the queue.

A member of the family involved in the incident stated that the PML-N leader started hurling abuses at them when they confronted him for jumping the queue. "We told them that you can't break the line in London [as it’s not Pakistan]."

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/21-...de-abuses-at-london-restaurant-in-viral-video

Warning (gaali gloch, NSFW NSFL)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This happened at a west london restaurant. <br>(Language warning! <a href="https://t.co/uyae134nWI">pic.twitter.com/uyae134nWI</a></p>— Murtaza Ali Shah (@MurtazaViews) <a href="https://twitter.com/MurtazaViews/status/1417632992131002369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

---

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This happened at a west london restaurant. Strong language warning. <a href="https://t.co/fHAS97BxU4">pic.twitter.com/fHAS97BxU4</a></p>— Murtaza Ali Shah (@MurtazaViews) <a href="https://twitter.com/MurtazaViews/status/1417633038150819847?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

---

Back