Any accountability for the media for false reporting during the US elections?

AlphaFighter

First Class Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
I just think it is criminally negligent and in fact even criminally punishable for all these major US news channels and US news papers where they constantly showed surveys, polls which should Hillary Clinton in the lead over Donald Trump by 5% to as high as 10%.

Now stuff like this has huge implications, it naturally makes campaign managers, staff more relaxed, over confident and it has a huge impact on their ground work, strategy, which voters to target, which states to target.

The fact that there was a huge disparity between what the pre-poll predictions were and what the ending polling results was is absolutely riddiculous.

If we were to believe to lamestream media then the white race would be on the brink of extinction but forget about extinction, they've already sharpened their knives and are ready to exterminate all the nonwhites.

Well the media made it look like Hilary was easily going to win thus suggested that voting for Trump was pointless, their tactic didn't work.

Interesting topic.

However the polls were also horribly wrong during the British General Election last year and prior to the Brexit vote which shocked the entire country when the result was released.

IMO there is something endemically wrong with the sampling used in the polls and by pollsters for them not to be an accurate indicator and thus a sufficient extrapolated representation of what the general public actually thinks about these major issues before they actually vote.

If we were to believe to lamestream media then the white race would be on the brink of extinction but forget about extinction, they've already sharpened their knives and are ready to exterminate all the nonwhites.
You're being overly dramatic. There's nothing wrong with white Americans or Europeans wanting to preserve their race and culture.

Interesting topic.

However the polls were also horribly wrong during the British General Election last year and prior to the Brexit vote which shocked the entire country when the result was released.

IMO there is something endemically wrong with the sampling used in the polls and by pollsters for them not to be an accurate indicator and thus a sufficient extrapolated representation of what the general public actually thinks about these major issues before they actually vote.

Polls should be an accurate reflection of the ground realities. The people who conduct these polls, surveys need to be held accountable because the results they show have huge implications in real life. I am pretty sure if the pre-polls show Hillary 1% in the lead or even behind trump, she would have definately adopted a different strategy.

Polls should be an accurate reflection of the ground realities. The people who conduct these polls, surveys need to be held accountable because the results they show have huge implications in real life. I am pretty sure if the pre-polls show Hillary 1% in the lead or even behind trump, she would have definately adopted a different strategy.

I agree, the majority of the blame should be accorded to pollsters as of course they are the ones behind these polls. It's also clear now with a very impactful consequence that polls as they are currently should not be used as one of the foremost indicators in terms of prediction/build up to elections.

The mainstream media should also waterdown the analysis of polls if they are not improved immeasurably as main discussion points of elections build up.

Happened during brexit too

If the polls were right Clinton would have won is the messsage I'm getting right now
Only so much you can blame the polls for hey

Interesting topic.

I think the public have caught on to the pollsters, and those polled deliberately mislead (sometimes for personal reasons) the pollsters.

As you say, they have now in quick succession been wrong about 3 major elections, the UK General Election, Brexit and now the US Presidency.

And it's not just the odd polling outfit, but virtually all of them got it wrong, in virtually every state, for virtually every type of demographic, and across two continents.

And that applies to whether they doing their polling online, via telephone, out on the street, knocking on doors, or by any other means.

That is not just mere coincidence.

The right wing vote is underestimated in every poll, I think Nate Silver counterweighted his polls and predicted a Trump victory. The polls are only as good as the answers given because if people lie, then the accuracy of the sample doesn't matter.

The right wing vote is underestimated in every poll, I think Nate Silver counterweighted his polls and predicted a Trump victory. The polls are only as good as the answers given because if people lie, then the accuracy of the sample doesn't matter.
See my post #10 above

The polls were right the problem was Trumps base was more energized and turned out to vote

i can't see how CNN should ever be allowed to hold a debate or a town hall meeting ever again. we know debate questions were leaked to the hillary camp and CNN actually got the DNC to forward the questions they'd like to be asked from GOP candidates and hillary!!

this is as brazen as any cheating i have ever seen in an election in any country in the world. i don't even understand how ppl like blitzer and tapper are still employed.

3A23AE0900000578-3912164-image-a-128_1478501758591.jpg

3A23B4DF00000578-3912164-image-a-141_1478502159267.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-11-07-at-6.18.01-PM.png

Attachments

• 3A23AE0900000578-3912164-image-a-128_1478501758591.jpg
    3A23AE0900000578-3912164-image-a-128_1478501758591.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 69
This is the 2010s. People are tired of the status quo.

Kejriwal will win. Brexit will happen. Trump will shade Clinton.

Nobody cares what the media says.

I believe the US media at this point is as corrupt as any state propaganda station in third world countries. The fact that this is happening in U.S. is disturbing. There is disturbing about of unethical collusion between the journalists of AP, WashPo, Politico, Boston Globe, NY Times, CNN and the DNC which is being revealed through Wikileaks.

One positive is that they no longer have any control over the masses. Trump won despite being villainzed 24x7. But I believe stations like CNN should be made to answer some questions before they ever get to hold a Presidential debate again.

Back