Are there too many ICC tournaments in the cricketing calendar?

ArabKnight

Local Club Regular
Runs
Why is there so many ICC tournaments? It seems like an overkill these days. Every year, there is a tournament. Seems, very very boring.

- 2019 World Cup
- 2021 World T20
- 2022 Asia Cup
- 2022 World T20
- 2023 Asia Cup
- 2023 World Cup

To come…
- 2024 World T20
- 2025 Champions Trophy
- 2025 Asia Cup
- 2026 World T20
- 2027 World Cup
- 2027 Asia Cup
- 2028 World T20
- 2028 Olympics

I probably missed like 2-3 in-between.

What’s wrong with the ICC? Are they ruining the quality of cricket by organizing so many tournaments?

It’s exhausting having this many tournaments. It takes away from novelty factor and charm of the game. This is totally disgusting initiative by the ICC. Why should there be multi tournaments every year?

Get rid of Asia Cup, Champions Trophy, and make World T20 every 4 years. There’s no need for extra clown-fests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asia Cup isn't an ICC event. COVID also messed with things so we had back to back t20 world cups. But I do agree that too many tournaments ruins the fun. It should just be the ODI world cup and the T20 World cup every 4 years, spaced out so there's one every 2 years

Yes. There is an ICC tournament every single year. Quite absurd.

I think World T20 should happen once in every 4 years. Same with ODI World Cup.

Get rid of CT and WTC.

ICC needs to earn money - simple.

Its all done to make money for ICC. If ICC does not make money, then non big 3 including PCB are in trouble.
Big 3 don't care. They are busy making money by playing each other.

If Bharat Pakistan had good relations, we would have seen 7 match T20I series, 5 Match ODIs and 5 Match Test Series organized all round the year, alternatively in Bharat and Pakistan. The officials need to maintain there hefty pay checks.

I think that more ICC events will create more excitement and interest among the fans, as well as more exposure and experience for the emerging teams. Icc should manage the schedule in such a way that their is now extra burden on any team or player to be honest.

I'm happy with this. We need an ICC tournament every year. We play too many games against third-class teams, these ICC events ensure we get to play against quality sides at least once a year.
Dont want to wait for 4 years to see Pakistan play against India, Australia, South Africa and England.

The problem isn't the quantity the problem is the quality.

I find most ODI tournaments so boring. But I can't remember a single boring T20 WC.

A
Why is there so many ICC tournaments? It seems like an overkill these days. Every year, there is a tournament. Seems, very very boring.

- 2019 World Cup
- 2021 World T20
- 2022 Asia Cup
- 2022 World T20
- 2023 Asia Cup
- 2023 World Cup

To come…
- 2024 World T20
- 2025 Champions Trophy
- 2025 Asia Cup
- 2026 World T20
- 2027 World Cup
- 2027 Asia Cup
- 2028 World T20
- 2028 Olympics

I probably missed like 2-3 in-between.

What’s wrong with the ICC? Are they ruining the quality of cricket by organizing so many tournaments?

It’s exhausting having this many tournaments. It takes away from novelty factor and charm of the game. This is totally disgusting initiative by the ICC. Why should there be multi tournaments every year?

Get rid of Asia Cup, Champions Trophy, and make World T20 every 4 years. There’s no need for extra clown-fests.
Asia Cup isn't an ICC event. It is an ACC event.

Think of ICC tournaments as Champions League Football. Happens every year but is still the biggest prize in club football. Every club and footballer dreams of winning it

Think of the Asia Cup as FA Cup. Not really that relevant

And the WTC as the Premier League where only the best team will win in the end as its played over a long period of time

You need to understand that the main objective of the ICC is to develop cricket in countries other than the 12 full members. So they need to have an ICC event every year so that they generate money to give to associates

Think of ICC tournaments as Champions League Football. Happens every year but is still the biggest prize in club football. Every club and footballer dreams of winning it

Think of the Asia Cup as FA Cup. Not really that relevant

And the WTC as the Premier League where only the best team will win in the end as its played over a long period of time

You need to understand that the main objective of the ICC is to develop cricket in countries other than the 12 full members. So they need to have an ICC event every year so that they generate money to give to associates
YEA BY HAVING EXTREMELY SMALL NUMBER OF TEAMS IN THE WORLD CUP!!!!

apparently the West Indies doesn’t exist.

YEA BY HAVING EXTREMELY SMALL NUMBER OF TEAMS IN THE WORLD CUP!!!!

apparently the West Indies doesn’t exist.
Next t20 will have 20 teams

However, development is not directly related to letting them take part in ICC events. Development means the whole cricketing ecosystem in that country

Next t20 will have 20 teams

However, development is not directly related to letting them take part in ICC events. Development means the whole cricketing ecosystem in that country

You just contradicted yourself and you have been exposed.

I’m fine with this. ICC events are basically the only cricket left that has any actual meaning.

We see players flail about in leagues and send their B/C teams for bilaterals but these tournaments are when all the big boys come to play.

I’m fine with this. ICC events are basically the only cricket left that has any actual meaning.

We see players flail about in leagues and send their B/C teams for bilaterals but these tournaments are when all the big boys come to play.

Agreed.

The bilateral series in ODIs and T20Is are quite meaningless. The same goes for domestic leagues such as the IPL or PSL. This leaves the ICC tournaments, which do bring excitement to the two formats.

You just contradicted yourself and you have been exposed.
God. How old are you? Stop behaving like a child

ONE LAST TIME
The ICC gets revenue from an ICC event every year. That revenue it splits by giving to full members and keeps some for itself which it then distributes to the associate nations.
That money is used by associates to develop cricketing infrastructure, hire coaches from abroad, pay money to registered cricketers and other expenses.

Take the 2019 and 2023 World Cup as examples. The broadcaster is paying good money as India is competing against the top 9 nations in cricket. There are more matches involving top sides and those matches have context.
Unlike the 2011 and 2015 World Cup where there were more teams but the group stage was a farce with top 4 from each group going through to quarter finals. Group matches had little context and India only played 3 matches against top sides before the quarter finals.

So obviously the broadcaster paid more money for the 2019 and 2023 World Cup as compared to the 2011 and 2015 editions.
Which means in-turn associate nations get more money to develop cricket.

You need to understand that associates are at a stage in cricket which is comparable to Pakistan in the world.
We get loans for development, but those loans cannot be paid back as we lack basic infrastructure for businesses to thrive. We then take more loans and the cycle continues. We FIRST need to make ourselves capable then take loans.

In the same way, associate nations need to first make themselves capable which they will eventually and then they can compete in ICC events.
Next time there will be 14 teams in ODI WC with 3 from each group going to Super Six stage and 20 in t20 WC. Eventually teams in ODI WC will increase as well.

God. How old are you? Stop behaving like a child

ONE LAST TIME
The ICC gets revenue from an ICC event every year. That revenue it splits by giving to full members and keeps some for itself which it then distributes to the associate nations.
That money is used by associates to develop cricketing infrastructure, hire coaches from abroad, pay money to registered cricketers and other expenses.

Take the 2019 and 2023 World Cup as examples. The broadcaster is paying good money as India is competing against the top 9 nations in cricket. There are more matches involving top sides and those matches have context.
Unlike the 2011 and 2015 World Cup where there were more teams but the group stage was a farce with top 4 from each group going through to quarter finals. Group matches had little context and India only played 3 matches against top sides before the quarter finals.

So obviously the broadcaster paid more money for the 2019 and 2023 World Cup as compared to the 2011 and 2015 editions.
Which means in-turn associate nations get more money to develop cricket.

You need to understand that associates are at a stage in cricket which is comparable to Pakistan in the world.
We get loans for development, but those loans cannot be paid back as we lack basic infrastructure for businesses to thrive. We then take more loans and the cycle continues. We FIRST need to make ourselves capable then take loans.

In the same way, associate nations need to first make themselves capable which they will eventually and then they can compete in ICC events.
Next time there will be 14 teams in ODI WC with 3 from each group going to Super Six stage and 20 in t20 WC. Eventually teams in ODI WC will increase as well.
I’m not gonna even debate with you, okay?

Teams that need to be in WCs:
England
Australia
India
Bangladesh
Pakistan
Afghanistan
Sri Lanka
Nepal
New Zealand
South Africa
Zimbabwe
Namibia
Kenya
Scotland
Ireland
Wales
Netherlands
West Indies

Come on, this is how cricket is expended.

Asia cup imo is not a tournament, its marketed as one but its really just a tri series with bangaldesh and Afghanistan practise games.

Let's be honest unless an outlier occurs such as bangaldesh campaign in 2012 Asia cup

It's just a tri series between Sri lanka, Pakistan and India at this point.

Also I don't mind tournaments, their fun and keep me hooked.

The reasons we fans find it boring is because pakistan doesn't win 😂😂😂.

Icc tournaments are 1000x more interesting than the trash called franchise league.

They are always interesting. I don't mind if we have multiple ones every year.

Cricket is played by like 10 teams, what novelty factor are you talking about?

ICC tournaments should happen more often. It provides the opportunity for all the top teams to have a clash and associate teams will also find the top teams playing against them which is good for their cricket advancements.

Definitely too many. FIFA World Cup happens once every 4 years.

Even their audiences would dwindle if you had 3 World Cups in a 4 year cycle.

Cricket is getting irrelevant, I have not watched IPL in last 10 years. Nor the bilateral series. Only time my interest spikes is the tournaments like world cup or maybe india Australia series.

Any one here who thinks this is the least anticipated and low profile World Cup ever, at least in India?

I've never seen such lack of excitement or enthusiasm during a World Cup amongst the Indian Public. Some of my friends realized last Thursday that it actually started.

More ICC events?
T20s taking over?
Franchise Cricket taking over?
The boring 10 team format where only after 3 weeks or so you will get exciting must win games unlike a 14 team grouped World Cup?
Predictable that 4 of SENA+ India will make the semis, so no excitement?
Poor marketing and management?

What could be the reason?

Any one here who thinks this is the least anticipated and low profile World Cup ever, at least in India?

I've never seen such lack of excitement or enthusiasm during a World Cup amongst the Indian Public. Some of my friends realized last Thursday that it actually started.

More ICC events?
T20s taking over?
Franchise Cricket taking over?
The boring 10 team format where only after 3 weeks or so you will get exciting must win games unlike a 14 team grouped World Cup?
Predictable that 4 of SENA+ India will make the semis, so no excitement?
Poor marketing and management?

What could be the reason?
10 team format is really crappy.. totally agree.
How many of us ever bother to turn up for first week of a grandslam in tennis. We have our favorites and we tune in only around quarterfinals or maybe 4th round

there are only two significant aspects in cricket these days, league cricket and ICC tournaments due to that bilateral series are getting effected.

ICC tournaments are the only way to keep the game in demand. Without ICC tournaments we don't have any relevance for the game itself especially Tests and ODIs which the fans don't care that much about already. If there are no ICC events, cricket will go franchise way where teams will stop playing Bi-laterals unless it is WC year.

Definitely too many. FIFA World Cup happens once every 4 years.

Even their audiences would dwindle if you had 3 World Cups in a 4 year cycle.
There are over 100 international teams that compete to qualify for the FIFA WC in the years running up to the FIFA WC, this takes 2 to 3 years given the number of teams, and when you factor in Domestic and Regional competitions. This is why the FIFA WC is every 4 years.

The UEFA championship however is every year given there are 32 teams.

Cricket barley has 20 teams, so it's much easier to organise an ICC event each year.

This is what is goign to happen when there are three formats. But if you remove the Asia Cup, then there isn't too many.

HEre would be main events:

Test - World Test Championship (2-year season with no WTC Final)

ODI - (1) World ODI Championship (2-year season with semi-final, final)
- (2) Champions Trophy - Top 8 teams in World ODI Championship

T20 - T20 World Cup

This is what is goign to happen when there are three formats. But if you remove the Asia Cup, then there isn't too many.

T20 - T20 World Cup
Make the T20 World Cup every 4 years

T20 - T20 World Cup
Right now it's fine, with one ICC tournament every year. Think of it like the UEFA Champions League.
And the WTC as the Premier League which is played over a lenght period.

But with Cricket wanting to get included in the Olympics in the t20 format, the t20 World Cup should be held every 4 years now. So there is an ICC/Olympics tournament every year.

ICC tournaments are the only way to keep the game in demand. Without ICC tournaments we don't have any relevance for the game itself especially Tests and ODIs which the fans don't care that much about already. If there are no ICC events, cricket will go franchise way where teams will stop playing Bi-laterals unless it is WC year.
ICC tournaments will fall out of passion too.

Keep handing out trophies like candy.

Demise of cricket’ll happen thru such.

Right now it's fine, with one ICC tournament every year. Think of it like the UEFA Champions League.
And the WTC as the Premier League which is played over a lenght period.

But with Cricket wanting to get included in the Olympics in the t20 format, the t20 World Cup should be held every 4 years now. So there is an ICC/Olympics tournament every year.

Yep, I agree that T20WC should be every 4 years

The problem with having an ICC tournament every year, is it leads to oversaturation, because it really needs to be understood that Leagues are what people like to watch, and 1 - 2 month tournaments should be rare, as in once every 4 years, otherwise it becomes boring, and meaningless.

So this is why I say: Out of the T20 WC and ODI WC, we can only keep one of these, and make the other a league. The obvious answer is remove the. ODI WC and make a World ODI Championship. T20 WC is great because T20 is where the money, potential and demand for international growth is at. And with a T20WC, soon we can have 20 teams (if the growth is good) which will allow us t have a cricket world cup with a quarter-final, rather than this 10-team 'group-stage' of a world cup lol

ICC tournaments will fall out of passion too.

Keep handing out trophies like candy.

Demise of cricket’ll happen thru such.
True, especially if we keep seeing Asia Cup, and some random ICC Super Leagues. But I would say your point actually relates to Franchise cricekt and all the different formats being made, like IPL, PSL, BBL, CPL, SA T20, BPL, and I can carry on. With the new formats, there is Hundred, T10, 6Sixty, FFifty?, 3IC? But anyways:

First of all, every format except for Test, ODI, T20 has to and must be removed. Noyone, I repeat Noyone should be allowed to create any new formats ever again. It is completely stupid that we have like at least 6 formats and we expect people to fully understand and watch cricket without any saturation, boringness.

Second, there needs to be a cleanup and organisation of T20 Franchise leagues so that the scheduling of these T20 Leagues is somewhat sort of similar that to Football leagues.

Another 'Handing Trophies like Candy' Problem is how a lot of series between two teams have a trophy for the inner, like Pakistan vs Bangaldesh has a trophy for the winner. For these series, none of the should have a trophy (regarldess of format) except for Ashes, due to its historical signifacen and maybe the border-gavaskar trophy.

I also understand where you are coming from, because in the last four years except 2020, there has been a world cup, which leads to oversaturation and meaningless, because that really is a "Handing world cups like its candy' Situation. However, that was also due to COVID and changing some time durations.

A T20 World Cup once every 4 years, and ODI World Championship, an ODI Champions Torphy once every two years, and Test World Championship is good.

Fantastic point, and so we need to look at the demand and reality for the three formats, in order to know how to make each of the three formats relevant during a time scale based on their needs:

- Test - Demand & Current Situation: Test Cricket is only generating money, popular and entertaining only in a few nations now, and is heavily unpopular, money losing, and overall horrible in most of the other nations. A boring test match, or even an 'okay' test match is horrible viewing

Solution:

ANd so workign with the demands, I say reduce the number of teams who have test status to the nations where test cricket is still popular, potential etc. This would remove Zimbabwe, Ireland, Afghanistan, West Indies, Pakistan and Sri Lanka (I think) from playing test cricket forever. Which leaves us with the other five teams. I am aware that South Africa and New Zealand also have the same losses from Test cricket too, but for now, I think they should persist with NEw Zealand and South Africa, and the general popularity in these two nations I think is still decent. Another reason why I want this to happen is because the WTC is straight up unfair, and cheating since all the teams are not even playing the same number of matches. In this 5-nation WTC, (in a two year span), everyone plays everyone in a 4-test series, 2 series home and 2-series away, which means in a WTC season, every team would have played 16 matches, 8 matches away and 8 matches at home. That is little for England and Australia, but it is what it is. And finally, every single Test match must be part of the WTC, no more bilateral Test Matches.

- ODI - Demand & Current Situation: ODI matches outside of the ODI World Cup are useless and have no value, and so this is clearly unsustainable.

Solution:

So I will keep it short, as I have said this many times now; At the moment there are 33 Nations with ODI Status, first there should be no more Nations getting ODI Status, and second every single ODI series can only be 3 match series, nothing else

Now split these 33 Nations into 3 ODI Leagues/ Divisions. Division 1 Will be the World ODI Championship, consisting of 13 Teams. Everyone plays everyone in their division (except for Pakistan vs India due to political reasons, but lets just ignore this). So if everyone plays everyone in 3-match series in a two year span, this leads to everyone having played 36 ODI Matches in that two-year season, 18 matches away & 18 matches home played for each team. At the end of the season, 13th and 12th place are automatically relegated to Division 2, 11th place will play a 3-match series play-off vs 3rd placed-team of division 2. And now, the nations that finish in the top 4, will then play each other in a 3-match semi-final (1st vs 4th, 2nd vs 3rd) and 3-match-final play-off (winner of the two semi-finals) all semi-finals and finals to be played in the same nation, so dedicate one month to this only.

What to do at this moment: Make the current 2023 ODI WC the last ever WC, and start the 2024 - 2026 World ODI Championship either February or July/August next year.

Additional: Champions Trophy. So after the 2024 - 2026 ODI Championship concludes, the nations that finish in the top 8, will qualify for the champions trophy that will be played approx. 1 year after the end of the 2026 ODI Championship finals. The whole point of champions trophy is to give an oppurtunity of silverware to some of the smaller nations that had a great run and finished top 8 in ODI championship season.

Make Division 2 11 Teams, and the other 9 teams in Division 3. Don't have Semi-final and final play-offs for division 2 and division 3.

No more bilateral ODI matches, not even one.

T20: Current Situation & Demand - T20 is the most valuable format. Generates the most popularity, interest, money & potential for global expansion and is the only format where new nations can play cricket and reach a decent level of development

Way to Facilitate this demand correctly:

- Unlike Bilateral Tests and Bilateral ODIs, Bilateral T20i Matches are interesting and a lot more watchable amongst the majority of fans, which tells us T20 matches all year round dont need to have a context, they dont need to be part of any league. So T20 Bilaterals can continue without any issue. However, the number of T20 Bilateral matches that can be played between two particular teams within the span of two years can be at maximum 2. Yes; 2, so there can be no T20 Bilateral series, no more T20i 5--match, 3-match, 4-match,, 7-match series, no more t20i tri-series: Why is this? Because first it will lead to saturation and also we need less T20 on the international scene in order for T20 Franchise Leagues to be expanded, because this is where the main demand is, (sadly).

And so the term 'T20i bilateral series' needs to be removed, instead have.

And we need to start seeing a wide range of international teams playing each other, such as things like Australia vs Uganda, Pakistan vs Singapore, New Zealand vs Qatar (I am not joking). If not then have the A teams play against these smaller teams, like India A vs Italy, Pakistan Shaheens vs Bermuda Also for the T20 WC, there needs to be a proper allocation of teams from each continent, and so a proper T20WC qualification process must be put in place, liek how htere is a qualification system for the FIFA World Cup.

I still have so much more to write about by the way... But maybe its time I fully put this to rest and use my energy elsewhere.

Yep, I agree that T20WC should be every 4 years

The problem with having an ICC tournament every year, is it leads to oversaturation, because it really needs to be understood that Leagues are what people like to watch, and 1 - 2 month tournaments should be rare, as in once every 4 years, otherwise it becomes boring, and meaningless.

So this is why I say: Out of the T20 WC and ODI WC, we can only keep one of these, and make the other a league. The obvious answer is remove the. ODI WC and make a World ODI Championship. T20 WC is great because T20 is where the money, potential and demand for international growth is at. And with a T20WC, soon we can have 20 teams (if the growth is good) which will allow us t have a cricket world cup with a quarter-final, rather than this 10-team 'group-stage' of a world cup lol

True, especially if we keep seeing Asia Cup, and some random ICC Super Leagues. But I would say your point actually relates to Franchise cricekt and all the different formats being made, like IPL, PSL, BBL, CPL, SA T20, BPL, and I can carry on. With the new formats, there is Hundred, T10, 6Sixty, FFifty?, 3IC? But anyways:

First of all, every format except for Test, ODI, T20 has to and must be removed. Noyone, I repeat Noyone should be allowed to create any new formats ever again. It is completely stupid that we have like at least 6 formats and we expect people to fully understand and watch cricket without any saturation, boringness.

Second, there needs to be a cleanup and organisation of T20 Franchise leagues so that the scheduling of these T20 Leagues is somewhat sort of similar that to Football leagues.

Another 'Handing Trophies like Candy' Problem is how a lot of series between two teams have a trophy for the inner, like Pakistan vs Bangaldesh has a trophy for the winner. For these series, none of the should have a trophy (regarldess of format) except for Ashes, due to its historical signifacen and maybe the border-gavaskar trophy.

I also understand where you are coming from, because in the last four years except 2020, there has been a world cup, which leads to oversaturation and meaningless, because that really is a "Handing world cups like its candy' Situation. However, that was also due to COVID and changing some time durations.

A T20 World Cup once every 4 years, and ODI World Championship, an ODI Champions Torphy once every two years, and Test World Championship is good.

Fantastic point, and so we need to look at the demand and reality for the three formats, in order to know how to make each of the three formats relevant during a time scale based on their needs:

- Test - Demand & Current Situation: Test Cricket is only generating money, popular and entertaining only in a few nations now, and is heavily unpopular, money losing, and overall horrible in most of the other nations. A boring test match, or even an 'okay' test match is horrible viewing

Solution:

ANd so workign with the demands, I say reduce the number of teams who have test status to the nations where test cricket is still popular, potential etc. This would remove Zimbabwe, Ireland, Afghanistan, West Indies, Pakistan and Sri Lanka (I think) from playing test cricket forever. Which leaves us with the other five teams. I am aware that South Africa and New Zealand also have the same losses from Test cricket too, but for now, I think they should persist with NEw Zealand and South Africa, and the general popularity in these two nations I think is still decent. Another reason why I want this to happen is because the WTC is straight up unfair, and cheating since all the teams are not even playing the same number of matches. In this 5-nation WTC, (in a two year span), everyone plays everyone in a 4-test series, 2 series home and 2-series away, which means in a WTC season, every team would have played 16 matches, 8 matches away and 8 matches at home. That is little for England and Australia, but it is what it is. And finally, every single Test match must be part of the WTC, no more bilateral Test Matches.

- ODI - Demand & Current Situation: ODI matches outside of the ODI World Cup are useless and have no value, and so this is clearly unsustainable.

Solution:

So I will keep it short, as I have said this many times now; At the moment there are 33 Nations with ODI Status, first there should be no more Nations getting ODI Status, and second every single ODI series can only be 3 match series, nothing else

Now split these 33 Nations into 3 ODI Leagues/ Divisions. Division 1 Will be the World ODI Championship, consisting of 13 Teams. Everyone plays everyone in their division (except for Pakistan vs India due to political reasons, but lets just ignore this). So if everyone plays everyone in 3-match series in a two year span, this leads to everyone having played 36 ODI Matches in that two-year season, 18 matches away & 18 matches home played for each team. At the end of the season, 13th and 12th place are automatically relegated to Division 2, 11th place will play a 3-match series play-off vs 3rd placed-team of division 2. And now, the nations that finish in the top 4, will then play each other in a 3-match semi-final (1st vs 4th, 2nd vs 3rd) and 3-match-final play-off (winner of the two semi-finals) all semi-finals and finals to be played in the same nation, so dedicate one month to this only.

What to do at this moment: Make the current 2023 ODI WC the last ever WC, and start the 2024 - 2026 World ODI Championship either February or July/August next year.

Additional: Champions Trophy. So after the 2024 - 2026 ODI Championship concludes, the nations that finish in the top 8, will qualify for the champions trophy that will be played approx. 1 year after the end of the 2026 ODI Championship finals. The whole point of champions trophy is to give an oppurtunity of silverware to some of the smaller nations that had a great run and finished top 8 in ODI championship season.

Make Division 2 11 Teams, and the other 9 teams in Division 3. Don't have Semi-final and final play-offs for division 2 and division 3.

No more bilateral ODI matches, not even one.

T20: Current Situation & Demand - T20 is the most valuable format. Generates the most popularity, interest, money & potential for global expansion and is the only format where new nations can play cricket and reach a decent level of development

Way to Facilitate this demand correctly:

- Unlike Bilateral Tests and Bilateral ODIs, Bilateral T20i Matches are interesting and a lot more watchable amongst the majority of fans, which tells us T20 matches all year round dont need to have a context, they dont need to be part of any league. So T20 Bilaterals can continue without any issue. However, the number of T20 Bilateral matches that can be played between two particular teams within the span of two years can be at maximum 2. Yes; 2, so there can be no T20 Bilateral series, no more T20i 5--match, 3-match, 4-match,, 7-match series, no more t20i tri-series: Why is this? Because first it will lead to saturation and also we need less T20 on the international scene in order for T20 Franchise Leagues to be expanded, because this is where the main demand is, (sadly).

And so the term 'T20i bilateral series' needs to be removed, instead have.

And we need to start seeing a wide range of international teams playing each other, such as things like Australia vs Uganda, Pakistan vs Singapore, New Zealand vs Qatar (I am not joking). If not then have the A teams play against these smaller teams, like India A vs Italy, Pakistan Shaheens vs Bermuda Also for the T20 WC, there needs to be a proper allocation of teams from each continent, and so a proper T20WC qualification process must be put in place, liek how htere is a qualification system for the FIFA World Cup.

I still have so much more to write about by the way... But maybe its time I fully put this to rest and use my energy elsewhere.
See the stakeholders dont operate in a vacuum, there are multiple factors that are taken into consideration when making a decision

For the ICC, the main objective is to grow the game. And for that, you need to give associates more money

Even the ICC knows that having a World tournament every year leads to saturation, but it also increases revenue which is the main priority- so that the game can grow

T20 World Cup needs to be removed entirely.
ODI World Cup should be held every 4 years.
Champions Trophy can continue to exist but it has to offer something different than the World Cup. Maybe a sudden death scenarios of elimination or something?

T20 World Cup needs to be removed entirely.
ODI World Cup should be held every 4 years.
Champions Trophy can continue to exist but it has to offer something different than the World Cup. Maybe a sudden death scenarios of elimination or something?
That’s a good idea. T20s should be exhibition matches. They’re simply clown-shows.

Ban having T20 bi-lateral series with more than 2 matches.

The next big odi extravaganza
Indians will perish on pakistani tracks because they have no psl experience
Can't wait to witness it on cable

The next big odi extravaganza
Indians will perish on pakistani tracks because they have no psl experience
Can't wait to witness it on cable
Champions trophy will be hybrid just like Asia cup was.

India won't visit Pakistan

Back