Are you in favour of concessions made by the PCB to allow Imad Wasim to reverse his decision to retire from international cricket?

Has the PCB created a bad precedence by agreeing to Imad Wasim's conditions?

• Total voters

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Whilst Imad Wasim has done well in PSL and created a case for a return to the national side, the fact is that he left Pakistan cricket of his own accord.

By agreeing to his 'conditions', has Pakistan cricket created a bad precedence for the future?

He only has a few years left in International Cricket and has obviously decided T-20 is the way to go for him. He is in demand in the various T-20 leagues around the world. The Pakistani team needs him in the T-20 format. Win Win solution for both parties.

While I don't support special dispensation for any player let alone a mediocre, ttf railu katta, Pakistan like India lacks a player association to advocate for player rights.

So he should make all the demands he thinks he deserves. PCB should have just rejected his demands imo.

I think this was justified.

Pakistan need a good spin all-rounder and Imad fits the bill.

Yes we desperately needed this greatest all rounder in the history books that has ever laid foot on the cricket ground but than he put his foot back because he forgot the lighter was still there
Anyways
He is another one of those cricketer's who will perform in leagues and when it will matter he will choke so hard that Amir will feel the effects in his room.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anything PCB didnt make enough concessions.

They should have come back and offered him captaincy along with category A contract till 2027 and guarantee that he should be allowed to run his team and be given complete control of all decisions till 2027.

Still PCB is mature enough to realise that Imad is needed as a vital asset.

Whilst Imad Wasim has done well in PSL and created a case for a return to the national side, the fact is that he left Pakistan cricket of his own accord.

By agreeing to his 'conditions', has Pakistan cricket created a bad precedence for the future?
What are the conditions?

Concessions are embarrassing. But it was extremely dumb to drop him in the first place. Mucked up on Amir too, dropping him from all three formats when he doesn’t want to play tests is stupid. Lots of cricketers don’t play tests, just because he fixed doesn’t mean that the rules change for him.

I support if PCB wants to take stance on fixers, fitness etc. But these are silly issues. Which is why PCB are so vulnerable to reversing on them.

I’m not that ecstatic Imad is back now either. He deserves to be in the squad. But he’s 35 now. I don’t know how many years he has left now. We wasted 4 years of his playing career at his prime already. Can’t bring that back. Feels similar to when we finally brought back Fawad. Sure he performed on comeback but was past his best and was unfortunately done one or two years later.

I think this was justified.

Pakistan need a good spin all-rounder and Imad fits the bill.
No. PCB has bowed down to one player.
PCB could have offered him Gurrented spot in world Cup but giving him contract sends wrong message.

If anything PCB didnt make enough concessions.

They should have come back and offered him captaincy along with category A contract till 2027 and guarantee that he should be allowed to run his team and be given complete control of all decisions till 2027.

Still PCB is mature enough to realise that Imad is needed as a vital asset.
Are you trolling or serious?

FYI, I'd still choose him any day over babar as captain. But the complete control of all pcb affairs is too much.

People need to understand this is short term solution they just want him for T20 WC and he is the best option. PCB has done a good job . I don’t see imad featuring after this WC

No sane board would had accepted the conditions. Basically the conditions are that Imad wants to play the world cup and thus if the pitches are not supporting for bowlers and he gets hit for runs and doesnt perform that should not mean he shouldnt be selected for the world t20.

Doesnt work that way. Someone like Junaid Khan never got a bowlers wicket yet he is still serving Pakistan.

These guys want to play the world cup but without going the extra mile.

Any sane board would had told Imad, your selection is not certain. Whether you want to stay retire or not is your choice, selecting you is the selectors choice and YES current performance will be considered. If you dont perform, than sorry no World Cup for you

Kinda both.

On one hand I'm just happy that imad is back and nawaz is gone.

On the other hand I just think him being captain will get so many people mad and I kinda wanna see it for personal reasons.

But I'm not 100% serious here.
Fair enough. :ROFLMAO:

FYI, I'd still choose him any day over babar as captain. But the complete control of all pcb affairs is too much.
But now Babar isn’t captain.

It would be Shaheen vs Imad vs Shadab vs Rizwan for T20 captaincy. If it’s simply PSL performances then Shaheen was the most successful captain and Shadab is the most recently successful captain.

But now Babar isn’t captain.

It would be Shaheen vs Imad vs Shadab vs Rizwan for T20 captaincy. If it’s simply PSL performances then Shaheen was the most successful captain and Shadab is the most recently successful captain.
I don't want rizwan, but with the other 3, Probs shaheen, it's unfair to just drop him instantly.

He needs some time, so I'm being 100% fair. Shaheen needs to be given a rope in t20, but shan needs to go from test

I don't want rizwan, but with the other 3, Probs shaheen, it's unfair to just drop him instantly.

He needs some time, so I'm being 100% fair. Shaheen needs to be given a rope in t20, but shan needs to go from test
Yeah Shan does not even make the team as a batsmen currently.

If he is going to help us win, and help us win a World Cup then I have no concerns.

PCB is setting up the worst examples for the future. Imad was so hyped because he did a good job in the knockout games that PCB had to bow down in front of him because fans wanted him back. If PCB accepted every condition put in front of them by Imad then this is not good. Imad is out of retirement, good, very good, but what if he fails badly now against NZ if he gets a chance? Where are those people going to hide who hyped him to the moon?

Let him play the series then we can see how he performs. World cup place should not be guaranteed just now.

Also once again, Imad had one good season in PSL as captain where they won. Overall, he has less than a 50% win rate as captain in PSL. The other 3 players I mentioned are all much much much more successful than Imad as a captain in PSL.

This is why I’ve been saying that Imad Wasim fans are too extreme. You’ve said a few times in threads that Imad should be captain until 2027 - even though you were some what joking about the 100% control part. He also was a failure this whole season aside from the last few matches.

So based on a few good performances when he wasn’t the captain, he should be made captain for 3 years?

It’s a negative but also even worse considering he has done nothing substantial in his career anyway

Also once again, Imad had one good season in PSL as captain where they won. Overall, he has less than a 50% win rate as captain in PSL. The other 3 players I mentioned are all much much much more successful than Imad as a captain in PSL.

This is why I’ve been saying that Imad Wasim fans are too extreme. You’ve said a few times in threads that Imad should be captain until 2027 - even though you were some what joking about the 100% control part. He also was a failure this whole season aside from the last few matches.

So based on a few good performances when he wasn’t the captain, he should be made captain for 3 years?
Also @mominsaigol you said you did not care about past performances as much as you cared about recent form. By that logic, Shadab is by far the best choice for captain since he won the PSL most recently and beat Babar and Rizwan?

Also @mominsaigol you said you did not care about past performances as much as you cared about recent form. By that logic, Shadab is by far the best choice for captain since he won the PSL most recently and beat Babar and Rizwan?
Well that's a bit different since we never talked about who should be captain lol.

And my dislike for shan should give away that performance via batting/ bowling is different when you're captaining.

Like I don't rate bavuma as a batsmen but his team has garnered respect for him and to his credit, he actually got sa into the semi's and sa had a dominating performance while batting g first whereas even an all star 2015 sa miserably flunked and couldn't escape the sa curse. But I'd still boot bavuma out.

As for shadab, I never commented in him being a captain, imo he shouldn't even be in the team as his own form isn't worth it, but if he improves as a player then sure why not?

My perspective is that shaheen for all his faults in wc 2023 is still a performing player, his past performances speak volume and even his recent form isn't too bad, so it's unfair to boot him out.

But if he were to be booted out and if shadab can improve as a player then sure, why shouldn't he get captaincy?

I don't want imad to be captain man 😂😂. Just like I obviously don't want him to be a prime minister.

I just rather choose him if fans are seriously considering Bobby to return as captain and are actually saying Bobby was the best captain in psl.

In terms of captaincy the 3 you mentioned are superior as captains I don't disagree.

I'd prefer shaheen to still be given a rope. But if it comes between shadab and rizwan, then I won't be a hypocrite, rizwan's current form in his position is still superior to the role shadab fulfils and rizwan was the finalist captain so rizzu should get it if shaheen is booted as shadab doesn't warrant a place.

I don't like rizwan but that doesn't mean I'll be hypocritcal if shaheen is booted, if my options are between rizwan and shadab then rizzu should get it.

Putting the country first is paramount. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has prioritized the nation by recognizing Imad's outstanding form. With the T20 World Cup just a little over two months away, they see him as a valuable asset for the tournament.

I don't find fault with either Imad or the PCB. It's important to remember that there's been a change in management, so any previous grievances Imad had were with the former administration.

I don't want imad to be captain man 😂😂. Just like I obviously don't want him to be a prime minister.

I just rather choose him if fans are seriously considering Bobby to return as captain and are actually saying Bobby was the best captain in psl.

In terms of captaincy the 3 you mentioned are superior as captains I don't disagree.

I'd prefer shaheen to still be given a rope. But if it comes between shadab and rizwan, then I won't be a hypocrite, rizwan's current form in his position is still superior to the role shadab fulfils and rizwan was the finalist captain so rizzu should get it if shaheen is booted as shadab doesn't warrant a place.

I don't like rizwan but that doesn't mean I'll be hypocritcal if shaheen is booted, if my options are between rizwan and shadab then rizzu should get it.
@160KPH

Let's actually analyse the options, and I'll keep the political hate out of it since its clear you're not a part of any babar cult, you only care about performances and merit and actually form very very good arguments so full respect,.

Anyway here goes unbiased version.

Option 1: Bring babar back

Despite the bias that babar was the best captain this psl, he wasn't, during the knockout game, he lost from a winning position, he scolded the team which put pressure on everyone leading to missed opportunities, drop catches and overthrown which is what happened in the 2021 semi final as well,

He burned out david willey rather then saving him until the end, opting to give jamal the over who was expensive the whole innings.

saim ayub was not a good decison, Saim's bowling miracles would have eventually given out as saim isnt a full fledged bowler and shpuld be used as a part timing 6th or 7th option, the saim strategy would have backfired eventually. This is like if dhoni alwya s asked ishant sharma to finish the last over for him, that strategybwould have backfired, theirs a reason dhoni only gambled once in the ct 2013 final, and even then dhoni gambled cause ishanr sharma suprisngly was good that day deapite usually being a trundler.

other then that, Babar hasnt won anything, not a single thing as captain, plus hes beyond stubborn and egotistical as a captain never bothering to change the winning 11 until it got butchered, panicking at the last moment, making memes etc etc.

As a player Bobby is fine, amd he shpuld remain as just a player for our squad. Heck make him the senior batsmen and give him that role model status but he doesn't deserve captaincy anymore.

Option 2: Imad Waseem

Other then the fact that this would be super funny for me, and i cant wait to watch his haters erupt into a ball of fire, logically it doesnt make sense.

not only would it make the PCB look like amateurs which they already have a reputation of,

it would just cause animosity amongst the dug out and currently a gelled team is needed. Imad atm has such negative press, that if he drinks a cup of water, people will make an advertisement about how imad is spreading cholera across Pakistan.

Imad was always a better player then nawaz, all this stats stats nonsense means nothing, a simple eye test shows nawaz is not a batter nor a bowler, hes a joke and 2023 proved that, saying nawaz should replace imad for his 42, os like saying Haris shpuld replace babar as he outperformed him in 2022 wc.

All these stats arguments are completly nonsense in hindsoght, it backfired for players like imam, Shadab, nawaz, and most of the medicore lot we got.

but as a captain historically Imad has been AlrightE, rn logically it doesnt make much sense, nor would it gell the team and just cause total Carnage, we'd get more humiliated then 2023 wc.

Option 3: Shadab

Heres the thing, Shadab isnt that bad as a captain and my past statement that i made about his captaincy decisions regarding Afghanistan i take back.

Shadab wasn't given a functioning team, they were all newbies and forced to face a team that in recent years gave the current wc 2023 winners a fright.

The fact that he won a single game is still a Testimony that he's a decent captain, his own captaincy skills in the field weren't that bad either.

Especially when even our full power team was spending a decade fluking victories against Afghanistan and eventjally they stomped and butchered our A team in the world cup. Considering what shadab was given, babar would would have lost 3-0 lol.

But as a player sheddy is horrible, hos psl superstar heroics mean nothing if anytime he comes to international hes on par with joe root as a bowler and is a virtual tailender as a batsmen. Shadab isnt even close to people like hafeez and malik.

hafeez and malik i consider medicore, the fact that shadab isnt even 2% of their capabilities juat shows what his standards are.

Option 4: Rizwan

This is going to cause an entire war. Heres the rhing about rizwan, Saya corps aside, as a player hes okay, i get pissed off when people shove me with statemwnts such as rizwan is top 3 in the world etc etc or that his wc performances is the greatest of all time, hes clearly overhyped to the moon, but as a player

Hes fine, even though Sri lanka was the weakest attack in the world cup, I don't see Sarfi achieving that amd haris wouldn't be able to stay at the crease even if it was a weak attack. Haris sohail was superior to rizzu as a bat in 2019,

However rizwan has managed to chase down 200 scores in t20 with babar, he did deal with India for a 10 wicket win, he did play a crucial knock in the 2022 sf against nz etc etc. All that deserves praise.

Lastly hes a good keeper, his jumps have saved multiple boundaries whereas if azam Khan was behind the stumps then Allah khair.

Problem is it doesn't ignore all his faults, as captain He just like babar srubbornly refuses to try different combinations and keeps himself at opening which causes problems.

at opening rizwan botched the final against sri lanka, i dont how a side that gives you 11 wides at the start bringing the tarhet to 157, and a player who gets his 50, still puts you in a position where you need 60 of 24? And you never come close to the mark.

Same with psl, his final performance as an opener was trash. On top of that he's horrible at figuring out LBW's etc etc and his overly friendly and relaxed attitude while better then babar's aggression, creates too much of a relaxed field, players will be caught sleeping like this, literally the amount of penalties this man received in the psl is a testament to that, the helmet penalty is beyond silly.

Option 5: Shan

Only bringing him up cause hes a meme, moving on.

Option 6: Shaheen

Shaheen's form is nowhere near his 2019 self, and he flunked the psl, he hasnt had a great start to his captaincy career. Only benefit you cam give him is that its early days thats all, and he was once our star bowler so if he can replicate his 2019 magic and his past psl captaincy performances then he's a great choice.

Also tbf to him LQ this season wasn't completly his fault, he is to blame yes but the coaching and staff itself was beyond incompetent and provided zero support to shaheen.

Option 7: Pick someone brand new.

No comment on this.

Based of all options we have, it's either shadab, Shaheen or rizwan.

Best options logically are shadab or rizwan based of psl,

But shaheen makes the most moral sense if you're planning to build an actual team.

Edit: No i am not aupporting rizwan or shadab, they both suck, but shadab is a worse player, if it cones down to these 2 then rizzu i guess. Ya Allah please take of our cricket 😭.

My perspicacity is telling me he might be on bench before knockouts obviously if Pakistan reaches the knockout stages at first place. Thats the another thing.

what '' conditions '' ?

@160KPH

Let's actually analyse the options, and I'll keep the political hate out of it since its clear you're not a part of any babar cult, you only care about performances and merit and actually form very very good arguments so full respect,.

Anyway here goes unbiased version.

Option 1: Bring babar back

Despite the bias that babar was the best captain this psl, he wasn't, during the knockout game, he lost from a winning position, he scolded the team which put pressure on everyone leading to missed opportunities, drop catches and overthrown which is what happened in the 2021 semi final as well,

He burned out david willey rather then saving him until the end, opting to give jamal the over who was expensive the whole innings.

saim ayub was not a good decison, Saim's bowling miracles would have eventually given out as saim isnt a full fledged bowler and shpuld be used as a part timing 6th or 7th option, the saim strategy would have backfired eventually. This is like if dhoni alwya s asked ishant sharma to finish the last over for him, that strategybwould have backfired, theirs a reason dhoni only gambled once in the ct 2013 final, and even then dhoni gambled cause ishanr sharma suprisngly was good that day deapite usually being a trundler.

other then that, Babar hasnt won anything, not a single thing as captain, plus hes beyond stubborn and egotistical as a captain never bothering to change the winning 11 until it got butchered, panicking at the last moment, making memes etc etc.

As a player Bobby is fine, amd he shpuld remain as just a player for our squad. Heck make him the senior batsmen and give him that role model status but he doesn't deserve captaincy anymore.

Option 2: Imad Waseem

Other then the fact that this would be super funny for me, and i cant wait to watch his haters erupt into a ball of fire, logically it doesnt make sense.

not only would it make the PCB look like amateurs which they already have a reputation of,

it would just cause animosity amongst the dug out and currently a gelled team is needed. Imad atm has such negative press, that if he drinks a cup of water, people will make an advertisement about how imad is spreading cholera across Pakistan.

Imad was always a better player then nawaz, all this stats stats nonsense means nothing, a simple eye test shows nawaz is not a batter nor a bowler, hes a joke and 2023 proved that, saying nawaz should replace imad for his 42, os like saying Haris shpuld replace babar as he outperformed him in 2022 wc.

All these stats arguments are completly nonsense in hindsoght, it backfired for players like imam, Shadab, nawaz, and most of the medicore lot we got.

but as a captain historically Imad has been AlrightE, rn logically it doesnt make much sense, nor would it gell the team and just cause total Carnage, we'd get more humiliated then 2023 wc.

Option 3: Shadab

Heres the thing, Shadab isnt that bad as a captain and my past statement that i made about his captaincy decisions regarding Afghanistan i take back.

Shadab wasn't given a functioning team, they were all newbies and forced to face a team that in recent years gave the current wc 2023 winners a fright.

The fact that he won a single game is still a Testimony that he's a decent captain, his own captaincy skills in the field weren't that bad either.

Especially when even our full power team was spending a decade fluking victories against Afghanistan and eventjally they stomped and butchered our A team in the world cup. Considering what shadab was given, babar would would have lost 3-0 lol.

But as a player sheddy is horrible, hos psl superstar heroics mean nothing if anytime he comes to international hes on par with joe root as a bowler and is a virtual tailender as a batsmen. Shadab isnt even close to people like hafeez and malik.

hafeez and malik i consider medicore, the fact that shadab isnt even 2% of their capabilities juat shows what his standards are.

Option 4: Rizwan

This is going to cause an entire war. Heres the rhing about rizwan, Saya corps aside, as a player hes okay, i get pissed off when people shove me with statemwnts such as rizwan is top 3 in the world etc etc or that his wc performances is the greatest of all time, hes clearly overhyped to the moon, but as a player

Hes fine, even though Sri lanka was the weakest attack in the world cup, I don't see Sarfi achieving that amd haris wouldn't be able to stay at the crease even if it was a weak attack. Haris sohail was superior to rizzu as a bat in 2019,

However rizwan has managed to chase down 200 scores in t20 with babar, he did deal with India for a 10 wicket win, he did play a crucial knock in the 2022 sf against nz etc etc. All that deserves praise.

Lastly hes a good keeper, his jumps have saved multiple boundaries whereas if azam Khan was behind the stumps then Allah khair.

Problem is it doesn't ignore all his faults, as captain He just like babar srubbornly refuses to try different combinations and keeps himself at opening which causes problems.

at opening rizwan botched the final against sri lanka, i dont how a side that gives you 11 wides at the start bringing the tarhet to 157, and a player who gets his 50, still puts you in a position where you need 60 of 24? And you never come close to the mark.

Same with psl, his final performance as an opener was trash. On top of that he's horrible at figuring out LBW's etc etc and his overly friendly and relaxed attitude while better then babar's aggression, creates too much of a relaxed field, players will be caught sleeping like this, literally the amount of penalties this man received in the psl is a testament to that, the helmet penalty is beyond silly.

Option 5: Shan

Only bringing him up cause hes a meme, moving on.

Option 6: Shaheen

Shaheen's form is nowhere near his 2019 self, and he flunked the psl, he hasnt had a great start to his captaincy career. Only benefit you cam give him is that its early days thats all, and he was once our star bowler so if he can replicate his 2019 magic and his past psl captaincy performances then he's a great choice.

Also tbf to him LQ this season wasn't completly his fault, he is to blame yes but the coaching and staff itself was beyond incompetent and provided zero support to shaheen.

Option 7: Pick someone brand new.

No comment on this.

Based of all options we have, it's either shadab, Shaheen or rizwan.

Best options logically are shadab or rizwan based of psl,

But shaheen makes the most moral sense if you're planning to build an actual team.

Edit: No i am not aupporting rizwan or shadab, they both suck, but shadab is a worse player, if it cones down to these 2 then rizzu i guess. Ya Allah please take of our cricket 😭.
I agree with a lot of your takes here.

At first my reason for being against Shaheen being selected captain was actually a bigger critique of the way we rest players. After Shaheen’s injury, I believe he was rushed back too quickly. Part of this of course was because we were missing our other front line spinner Naseem so we got a bit desperate.

I think just now, Shaheen is finally getting his pace back to where he was before. His bowling is much more deadly when he’s bowling high 140’s. In the past he was even hitting 150 on occasion. Shaheen being captain basically means he will play almost all our T20 series including the ones he should be resting in.

But, the reason I now believe Shaheen should probably remain captain is because consistency and professionalism matters as well. We can not simply change our captain after every single series. We need consistency in our leadership for some amount of time, including our coaching staff in order to be able to properly judge them.

Shaheen should probably remain captain through the T20 WC this year for that reason.

Shadab I think is a more component T20 player than ODI so he could potentially be successful if he gets form back as well. And his batting was quite good during the PSL, so if his spinning returns to what it was before maybe he could be another option. I believe he was vice captain for a long time as well.

In ODI/Test, I think Rizwan may make sense at this time. In Test, Rizwan averages the best of any Asian wicket keeper in SENA ever, so of course he has a spot in the team. But I do not know what his captaincy skills would be like in the longer format, but I believe he was VC in the longer formats before - although I’d have to double check this.

That's some deal.

This doesn't set a good precedence. You don't undermine your policies as a board to cater for a one special player.
He is not special, he is bang average and has barely won Pakistan 1-2 games in his entire career.

The likes of Imad can continue to perform in T20 leagues, but it won’t change the fact that they are a joke at international level.

Anyone who disagrees is either a Babar-Rizwan-Shaheen hater or might have a misinformed crush on Imad.

He is not special, he is bang average and has barely won Pakistan 1-2 games in his entire career.

The likes of Imad can continue to perform in T20 leagues, but it won’t change the fact that they are a joke at international level.

Anyone who disagrees is either a Babar-Rizwan-Shaheen hater or might have a misinformed crush on Imad.
PCB certainly think he's special. That's why the special treatment.

PCB certainly think he's special. That's why the special treatment.
He will be forgotten after one or two games. Story of his career. I cannot believe Pakistan fans have fallen so low as to treat Imad Wasim as a messiah.

The guy barely performs better than Nawaz. Stats are more or less around the same for both.

Nawaz might have won us more games against decent opposition than this loser who has his best performances against Afghanistan, West Indies and Sri Lanka.

And I really dislike seeing Nawaz’s name on the team sheet.

No sane board would had accepted the conditions. Basically the conditions are that Imad wants to play the world cup and thus if the pitches are not supporting for bowlers and he gets hit for runs and doesnt perform that should not mean he shouldnt be selected for the world t20.

Doesnt work that way. Someone like Junaid Khan never got a bowlers wicket yet he is still serving Pakistan.

These guys want to play the world cup but without going the extra mile.

Any sane board would had told Imad, your selection is not certain. Whether you want to stay retire or not is your choice, selecting you is the selectors choice and YES current performance will be considered. If you dont perform, than sorry no World Cup for you
How do you know they haven’t said that ? Nobody has guaranteed him the playing 11 but right now Pak need their strongest squad for Caribbean. He’s only made clear he doesn’t want a central contract and it’s just the t20 he’s interested in. He’s 35, unfit and there is a huge jump from PSL to a t20 World Cup. He might not make the cut.

Most of the world has separate test and LOI squads. But many cricketers in the twilight of their career have become league specialists. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s where the modern game is going and it was predicted as such 10 years ago when leagues started.

Ie why would a player choose national duty at the end of their career when they can get more money for 4 weeks of playing league cricket. The only answer Pak has is to get more domestic players trained up as quick as possible. Imad is just being sensible.

I agree with a lot of your takes here.

At first my reason for being against Shaheen being selected captain was actually a bigger critique of the way we rest players. After Shaheen’s injury, I believe he was rushed back too quickly. Part of this of course was because we were missing our other front line spinner Naseem so we got a bit desperate.

I think just now, Shaheen is finally getting his pace back to where he was before. His bowling is much more deadly when he’s bowling high 140’s. In the past he was even hitting 150 on occasion. Shaheen being captain basically means he will play almost all our T20 series including the ones he should be resting in.

But, the reason I now believe Shaheen should probably remain captain is because consistency and professionalism matters as well. We can not simply change our captain after every single series. We need consistency in our leadership for some amount of time, including our coaching staff in order to be able to properly judge them.

Shaheen should probably remain captain through the T20 WC this year for that reason.

Shadab I think is a more component T20 player than ODI so he could potentially be successful if he gets form back as well. And his batting was quite good during the PSL, so if his spinning returns to what it was before maybe he could be another option. I believe he was vice captain for a long time as well.

In ODI/Test, I think Rizwan may make sense at this time. In Test, Rizwan averages the best of any Asian wicket keeper in SENA ever, so of course he has a spot in the team. But I do not know what his captaincy skills would be like in the longer format, but I believe he was VC in the longer formats before - although I’d have to double check this.
Just saying after shaheen, if shadab can improve his performance and not be a liability, he's actually a good captain.

I don't see anyone else from Pakistan beating Afghanistan even once with the team he was given. This team is the exact same team with the same players who bullied Pakistan in the world cup, and gave our main strings a heart attack and nearly beat Australia if it wasn't for a maxwell miracle.

Well except for their trundler bowler who they replaced, he was a chocker, but other then that, Afghanistan has been superior to our A team over the years, how they lost is the same reason that India lost to Australia or NZ lost to Australia mainly because despite having the superior team, Historically India and NZ just can't beat aus in knockouts due to fear hax.

They chocked like in asia cup, they gave literally gave 5 byes and naseem shah apparently mind haxes them, but in world cup they overcame that fear.

So again shadab even winning once with the team he was given deserves praise.

What conditions? From what I have read he does not have a central contract. All he really asked for was the assurance of being selected till the World Cup. Which makes sense when you consider the fact that he has literally been dropped numerous times for absolutely no reason.

I actually like the way the new PCB regime is operating.

We don't have the same luxury as the big 3. If we get too tough with players they will walk and we will go the WIndies way.

So far Naqvi has made amends with Imad, Amir and Harris Rauf.

I'd rather our players and the board work together than be working against each other.

At a guess I would say these conditions are that I/We (more players to follow) want a deal similar to that of England's T20 central contracts

We don't have the same luxury as the big 3. If we get too tough with players they will walk and we will go the WIndies way.

I'd rather our players and the board work together than be working against each other.
Tbh, this feels more like something West Indies would do. Which is let your best players stay out of the team for the entire year and then select them before the World Cup. But I agree there is nothing to be gained from antagonizing players who can just walk away. The problem is that they are not updating their NOC policy which shows poor thinking and lack of foresight from the new chairman.

Bad decision but shortsighted and fickle fans won't realize that until Imad is back in the team and fails miserably.

Worst PSL season where he won Islamabad all their important matches?

What I mean the quality overal was pathetic. With so many dropped catches and misfields. On Imad a player smoking during a game should be banned. Like I said he will het smashed in Int cricket.

Dude looked washed even in the PSL but two fluky performances and he's suddenly supposed to be the saviour lmao.

What I mean the quality overal was pathetic. With so many dropped catches and misfields. On Imad a player smoking during a game should be banned. Like I said he will het smashed in Int cricket.
You can't seem to form a coherent argument here. Cricketers smoking is nothing new. Ben Stokes had a smoke during the World Cup final. Overall quality does not matter. They won the tournament. That's all that matters.

The players are getting what they want from the PCB, they should now have no excuses for not performing for the country

Dude looked washed even in the PSL but two fluky performances and he's suddenly supposed to be the saviour lmao.
He actually delivered in all 3 finals matches. And the one in which they chased down 230. So maybe get your facts straight first. And no one is expecting him to be "the saviour" lmao. But alot of people think that our T20 team could use another player at the World Cup who actually knows how to handle pressure and deliver in tough situations.

DV , what is important is that these new '' terms / conditions '' are applied uniformly to all players . ps : Amir is a big NO imo .

Obviously I am in favour because I didn't think he should have been kept out of the side for so long in the first place.

Key points discussed in this video:

• Overview of Recent News in Pakistan Cricket
  • Player Contracts and Availability
  • Training Camp with Pakistan Army
  • New Coaching Staff and T20I Captaincy
  • PSL Expansion and Champions Trophy Hosting
  • Future of Cricket Events in Pakistan

Amir lost us the usa game and this guy lost us against india.

They are better off sitting on tv and talking smack

He actually delivered in all 3 finals matches. And the one in which they chased down 230. So maybe get your facts straight first. And no one is expecting him to be "the saviour" lmao. But alot of people think that our T20 team could use another player at the World Cup who actually knows how to handle pressure and deliver in tough situations.
Lmao yup he definitely handled the pressure and delivered last night.

Got him back when he’s past his prime, and is low on fitness. While playing him instead of a proper batsman rather than him taking the allrounder spot at 7.

Wasted him really when he actually would have been useful.

Though watching him run, maybe I sympathise with selectors for dropping him. On merit he didn’t deserve to be dropped. Even now he probably makes the team. But maybe they simply tried/threatened to drop him to try to force him to fix his fitness. Which never happened unfortunately.

Good work ethic, better fitness, playing more games, less issues with selectors, I actually think he could have gone down as one of the best allrounders in LOI. I don’t think he had the career worthy of his ability. Feel these types of players are always mega underrated. But I guess it’s just a case of what might have been.

Got him back when he’s past his prime, and is low on fitness. While playing him instead of a proper batsman rather than him taking the allrounder spot at 7.

Though watching him run, maybe I sympathise with selectors for dropping him. On merit he didn’t deserve to be dropped. Even now he probably makes the team. But maybe they simply tried/threatened to drop him to try to force him to fix his fitness. Which never happened unfortunately.

Good work ethic, better fitness, playing more games, less issues with selectors, I actually think he could have gone down as one of the best allrounders in LOI. I don’t think he had the career worthy of his ability. Feel these types of players are always mega underrated. But I guess it’s just a case of what might have been.
He's just old and washed. 35 officially and his actual age is probably close to 40, what else do you expect from him?

Should never have been brought back.

YOU Cannot blame the bowling. 119 allout on this pitch was a chasable total. Batting f'ed up big. Especially Rizwan.

I think the running is him being injured now. He was fine in PSL it didn't hinder him. This a genuine injury

He's just old and washed. 35 officially and his actual age is probably close to 40, what else do you expect from him?

Should never have been brought back.
He was born in the UK. So his age is actually his age.

I think the running is him being injured now. He was fine in PSL it didn't hinder him. This a genuine injury
His bowling was okay. This pitch had variable bounce and speed. Ball did not rise at expected height. That is why he couldn't touch any of the Axar's deliveries. Just remember David Miller played 16th over maiden against Netherlands against Van meekeren at New york. He was on 33(36) when he started that over. ended with 33(42). But he has no six hitting skills like Miller. Pakistan should back him just for his bowling. But he shouldn't bat above 7.

Imad was awful with the bat. The game could have been won there and blew it big time. Missing three identical Axar deliveries was especially bad. But even at 35 with largely poor fitness, he is still one of the better players in this squad. Which says more about the quality of talent we have than Imad. If he was so washed up and such an awful player, why did you ask him to come out of retirement?

You can make him the scapegoat of this defeat, that's fine. But atleast with him you don't have a pattern of failing in big matches consistently like you have with Babar and Rizwan. Rizwan for me was the bigger culprit here because he was set at the crease on a difficult wicket and the onus was on him to finish the game off.

Mohammad Hafeez said during a program on a local sports channel:

"They brought these players into the team out of greed and made deals to bring them in. These three individuals have ruined Pakistan cricket. I was in Pakistan domestic cricket, and in Pakistan, no one wants to play domestic cricket. They tell me, Hafeez Bhai, if someone among us gets selected, we'll take it. How is it possible that people who don't even play Pakistan's domestic cricket get selected for the team?"

"Six months ago, when we asked them to come and play for Pakistan, they said they didn't want to play and wanted to play in leagues. Now, with no league happening, they are playing in the World Cup, treating the World Cup like a league. If they then don't leave the Pakistan team for the next 4-5 years, I would understand."

"And what message have you sent to the domestic players in Pakistan who are working hard? Kamran Ghulam is becoming the best batter, and he left before the final. He said, what is the benefit of scoring centuries? He said I'll play the final and score a century, but what will I get? Who is responsible for this? No one cares."

Back