Imad Wasim ends retirement, set to play T20Is for Pakistan leading up to and in ICC T20I World Cup 2024 [Post Updated #116]

Is Imad Wasim coming out of retirement leading up to the ICC T20I World Cup 2024 good for Pakistan?

• Total voters
Sachin from 1993-2003 was the most impactful ODI batter in the world.

I think some of his knocks between 2003 and 2007 were somewhat questionable because of his mounting injuries /age etc.

His strike rate was only slightly lower than the Jayasuriyas and Gilchrist's in the earlier period but he scored a lot more runs.

Vast majority of his knocks were hardly selfish.
I'm mostly referring to the 2003 and 2007 era.

Sachin wasn't bad by any means but during this time, multiple times he'd rotate the strike to tail enders or just not finish games, in contrast kohli has a 90 avg while chasing in limited overs.

Sachin is a superior bat in test to kohli and in odi, he's a more complete batsmen, but from 2003 to 2007 many knocks were questionable and the whole milestones obsession tumors came into play, which further got accelerates by the fact that he didn't retire in 2011 deapite 2011 being his retirement ceremony, instead he played for one more year so that he could get his 100-100, he also clearly went on media and did boast about his 100-100 record, he clearly enjoys having that record, nothing wrong with it though.

Point isn't to demean Sachin, but the point is he did play questionable knocks, at best I can give him benefit of the doubt that it was age and injury related. But he seemed fine when he got that 200 and he seemed fine in 2012 as well.

I haven't seen that thread or that post so I will check it out, link that thread to me.
He tagged you in the comment and you even liked the comment:

Post #41.

Post #41.
Saw the comment.

Sachin wasn't bad by any means but during this time, multiple times he'd rotate the strike to tail enders or just not finish games, in contrast kohli has a 90 avg while chasing in limited overs.

Sachin is a superior bat in test to kohli and in odi, he's a more complete batsmen, but from 2003 to 2007 many knocks were questionable and the whole milestones obsession tumors came into play, which further got accelerates by the fact that he didn't retire in 2011 deapite 2011 being his retirement ceremony, instead he played for one more year so that he could get his 100-100, he also clearly went on media and did boast about his 100-100 record, he clearly enjoys having that record, nothing wrong with it though.

Point isn't to demean Sachin, but the point is he did play questionable knocks, at best I can give him benefit of the doubt that it was age and injury related. But he seemed fine when he got that 200 and he seemed fine in 2012 as well.

Sachin had an incredibly long career and an insane workload in the late 90's and early noughties that led to multiple injuries

He was great in the 1993-2003 period. Struggled somewhat until 2007 and then he played some great cricket until 2011.

Having a 4 year period of struggles in a 24 year career is perfectly acceptable.

Sachin had an incredibly long career and an insane workload in the late 90's and early noughties that led to multiple injuries

He was great in the 1993-2003 period. Struggled somewhat until 2007 and then he played some great cricket until 2011.

Having a 4 year period of struggles in a 24 year career is perfectly acceptable.
It is perfectly acceptable. I'm not taking away anything from the goat Indian batsmen.

He's a complete batsmen and a very very good opener. However no one in the history of the game can be 100% completely flawless in everything.

Sachin carried this tag for 4 years, the same way kohli carries the chocker tag and inability to perform during crucial stages in cups.

During our discussion I mentioned that I was referring to the 90s.
So a performance only counts if you win a game? You know that cricket has 11 players on a team right and even if one performs very well you can still lose the game?

I guess all of Sachin’s performances in the 90s were useless because India was not winning despite him performing?

Your arguments make no sense at this point.
Cricket is a team game. You need multiple players to perform to win a game. Even one of the GOAT batsmen Tendulkar could not win that many games in the 90s despite being one of the best batsmen of all time all because he did not have much support from the rest of the team.
And you said:
I didn't, Sachin was ironically the primarily cause of those defeats. He was so milestone obsessed that he would often give strike to someone new at the crease which would slow down the run rate or in some cases let a tail ender finish the final few overs as long as he can get those final runs for his milestone.

As great as Sachin is as a batsmen he was never a team player, and many games were lost due to his selfish 100's.
You pretty clearly tried to argue Sachin was the main cause of many of their defeats in the 90s despite him being the main contributor to the team.

My argument was simply just because a performance does not lead to a win does not mean that a batsmen did not do their part. Being a dominant cricket team requires a team that consistently performs, not just 1 player.

Saw the comment.
This is the only reason I asked for evidence.

The comment basically just proved that he did not seem to mind lying about Rizwan, so when it comes to Rizwan comments from him I now need evidence to believe what he’s saying.

During our discussion I mentioned that I was referring to the 90s.

And you said:

You pretty clearly tried to argue Sachin was the main cause of many of their defeats in the 90s despite him being the main contributor to the team.

My argument was simply just because a performance does not lead to a win does not mean that a batsmen did not do their part. Being a dominant cricket team requires a team that consistently performs, not just 1 player.
I actually missed the 90's part and overlooked it, wasn't trying to rat or anything, if you don't wish to believe me, that's perfectly acceptable, but I did gloss over the 90's part,

In my comment I'm clearly referring to his entire career in a nutshell and certain specific times, I didn't highlight a time period, but the cause of the defeats makes it look like in referring to your 90's comment.

This is the only reason I asked for evidence.

The comment basically just proved that he did not seem to mind lying about Rizwan, so when it comes to Rizwan comments from him I now need evidence to believe what he’s saying.
That's fair, also brother, just because someone tags me and just because I like a comment doesn't mean I'll remember everything.

I asked for the post cause I didn't remember it.

Regardless I'll say one thing, about Rana bhai, I respect him alot as a poster because he's one of the few to actually speak the truth. I remember viewing his comments when Pakistan achieved no 1 status and he clearly said Pakistan would get exposed.

During a thread which asked who would be the demi finalists in the world cup, majority were saying India, Pakistan, England/NZ or Australia but Rana didn't choose Pakistan in his semi finalist, he also debunked the whole argument about people claiming that asia cup would be a walk in the park for Pakistan.

However for the UK statement, idk why he'd claim such and such, although my guess is, (assuming I made a follow up comment I don't remember) imo he isn't lying, he just assumed since the statement for Usman being in uae at that time may not have been publicly available.

However assuming that is not the case, then idkw he'd claim such a thing, but i respect him as a poster so I'm sure he'd have reasons. But other then that fair post.

Post #41.
Ah yes

That’s what I believed at the time. Still believe there is truth to it. I don’t have divine revelation telling me Usman went home for personal reasons. I have my reasons to believe Rizwan would do something like I suggested anyways. So, I wasn’t lying.

That's fair, also brother, just because someone tags me and just because I like a comment doesn't mean I'll remember everything.

I asked for the post cause I didn't remember it.

Regardless I'll say one thing, about Rana bhai, I respect him alot as a poster because he's one of the few to actually speak the truth. I remember viewing his comments when Pakistan achieved no 1 status and he clearly said Pakistan would get exposed.

During a thread which asked who would be the demi finalists in the world cup, majority were saying India, Pakistan, England/NZ or Australia but Rana didn't choose Pakistan in his semi finalist, he also debunked the whole argument about people claiming that asia cup would be a walk in the park for Pakistan.

However for the UK statement, idk why he'd claim such and such, although my guess is, (assuming I made a follow up comment I don't remember) imo he isn't lying, he just assumed since the statement for Usman being in uae at that time may not have been publicly available.

However assuming that is not the case, then idkw he'd claim such a thing, but i respect him as a poster so I'm sure he'd have reasons. But other then that fair post.
Yeah I don’t expect you to remember every single post you’ve seen. Maybe lying was too harsh of a word. But I think everyone has biases and sometimes we say things that fit what our biases are telling us. I think this may be what happened.

I think @Rana makes good contributions and the forum would he no fun if all of us just agreed with each other on every single issue.

We had a pretty heated discussion today, but I think sometimes maybe we were just talking past each other and maybe miss what we are trying to convey.

It’s okay though, it was a fun discussion even if it got heated.

Ah yes

That’s what I believed at the time. Still believe there is truth to it. I don’t have divine revelation telling me Usman went home for personal reasons. I have my reasons to believe Rizwan would do something like I suggested anyways. So, I wasn’t lying.
How can you still believe that when before the game Usman Khan was already announced to be gone to the UAE for personal reasons and Usman Khan literally played every single game once he returned?

So Rizwan’s genius idea to ruin Usman Khan’s career was to just not let him play for one or two matches, the same matches it was announced he was leaving for personal reasons? And then to let him back in the team and play every single match before and after that?

Also Multan Sultans agreed with this plan and Usman Khan also did not say anything about it after?

That’s an insane conspiracy theory.

How can you still believe that when before the game Usman Khan was already announced to be gone to the UAE for personal reasons and Usman Khan literally played every single game once he returned?

So Rizwan’s genius idea to ruin Usman Khan’s career was to just not let him play for one or two matches, the same matches it was announced he was leaving for personal reasons? And then to let him back in the team and play every single match before and after that?

Also Multan Sultans agreed with this plan and Usman Khan also did not say anything about it after?

That’s an insane conspiracy theory.
Now that I have clarified my stance, you have (I susppose) acknowledged that I didn’t have prior information of Usman suddenly being unavailable due to personal issues, and are changing the narrative to question how I can go into wild conspiracy theories.

That’s a separate subject. But I would first appreciate you apologising for calling me a liar. Lying basically means that I knew Usman was unavailable for personal reasons, for which you have no proof, and that I still tried to misguide others about Rizwan’s intentions to drop him.

Let’s begin with an apology first, and then you will get my reason as to why I speculated this.

Yeah I don’t expect you to remember every single post you’ve seen. Maybe lying was too harsh of a word. But I think everyone has biases and sometimes we say things that fit what our biases are telling us. I think this may be what happened.

I think @Rana makes good contributions and the forum would he no fun if all of us just agreed with each other on every single issue.

We had a pretty heated discussion today, but I think sometimes maybe we were just talking past each other and maybe miss what we are trying to convey.

I don't mind heated discussions fam. I've said it before you or any other poster can get as heated with me as possible, it doesn't affect me, I'll literally forget about it after the conversation is over and they'll be no animosity or bitterness so relax.

You're expressing a point and are trying to convey it nothing wrong with that.

I don't even hate pakengfan, daytrader or anyone else who doesn't agree with me. Heck my best friend irl loves rizwan to death, imagine how irritating that is, and I have to handle that nightmare 24/7. So it's cool. No need to worry.

Also about the whole unbiased thing, I just want to clear that up,

I never said I was unbiased 😂😂. Pakengfan amd major said so, I went along with it.

I even made a long post a while back on why being unbiased is impossible for any human to achieve.

I'm obviously biased in the team I want to pick and who to exclude, so don't know where the initial statement came from, also I never understood why people always say I've been exposed everytime I change my opinion.

I said it since I came here that I will change my opinions every match, as new matches means new information about a performance?

I don't mind heated discussions fam. I've said it before you or any other poster can get as heated with me as possible, it doesn't affect me, I'll literally forget about it after the conversation is over and they'll be no animosity or bitterness so relax.

You're expressing a point and are trying to convey it nothing wrong with that.

I don't even hate pakengfan, daytrader or anyone else who doesn't agree with me. Heck my best friend irl loves rizwan to death, imagine how irritating that is, and I have to handle that nightmare 24/7. So it's cool. No need to worry.
So people who like rizwan gives you nightmares, but I thought you said you "don't have likes or dislikes" . Something doesn't add up.

Oh yes it's just rizwan's fault not the other 10 players.
Yes I believe it is, because he is supposed to be the greatest wicket keeper in our history whereas players far inferior to him have won Test matches in SENA

Imad, like Amir, has proved that he is not a man of his word and therefore, has zero credibility and deserves no respect from the fans.

He clearly lacks the courage to take a decision and stick by it. He will play the “I have revoked my retirement to help Pakistan” BS drama along with Amir but those of us who are not deluded can see through the act.

Both deserve a humiliating end to their international career and I’m hopeful that in a few months time, both will regret their decision.

Yes I believe it is, because he is supposed to be the greatest wicket keeper in our history whereas players far inferior to him have won Test matches in SENA

Ah yes it was because of their performances they won. Whatever helps you sleep at night can't be much since rizwan will play for the next 5-7 years.

@Rana

You said:

"Rizwan purposely dropping Usman Khan fearing Pakistan are in talks with him to bring him into the national side

Drop him so people can forget that he too is a gun opening/top order T20 batsman"

You were saying about Rizwan dropping Usman Khan from the squad because he was trying to stop him from being selected for the national side. This was despite it already being announced before the match that he was gone for a few days due to a personal reason. He then returned and played every single match. Now, even when it's clear what happened, you are still in denial and trying to spread some insane conspiracy theory. If you had simply admitted you were wrong and you posted an insane conspiracy too soon, then maybe it would be forgivable. But, despite being proven wrong, you are still spreading the same lie you conjured up before. Now it is clear that Rizwan, and particularly him replacing Sarfraz.

Last edited by a moderator:
You said:

"Rizwan purposely dropping Usman Khan fearing Pakistan are in talks with him to bring him into the national side

Drop him so people can forget that he too is a gun opening/top order T20 batsman"

You were saying about Rizwan dropping Usman Khan from the squad because he was trying to stop him from being selected for the national side. This was despite it already being announced before the match that he was gone for a few days due to a personal reason. He then returned and played every single match. Now, even when it's clear what happened, you are still in denial and trying to spread some insane conspiracy theory. If you had simply admitted you were wrong and you posted an insane conspiracy too soon, then maybe it would be forgivable. But, despite being proven wrong, you are still spreading the same lie you conjured up before. Now it is clear that Rizwan, and particularly him replacing Sarfraz.

Post #41.

Post #41.
Lol

Well you are doing the same to me now. Where is your proof that I knew Usman was not playing because of a personal issue?

Imad is an allrounder and how will he make the playing XI remains to be same, Salman Agha, Shadab Khan, Abbas Afridi Amir Jamal and WasimJr all eyeing that allounder spot

I'm just saying, I read the whole post.

After he claimed that, another member replied with Usman Khan is injured and isn't fit 100% which is why he's being rested.

Then you replied with usman Khan is out of country for personal reason.

Rana then asked which one of you 2 was telling the truth as both claims can't exist.

If you want my opinion, I don't think rizwan is blocking or resting anyone for fear of his position.

I'm just saying, I read the whole post.

After he claimed that, another member replied with Usman Khan is injured and isn't fit 100% which is why he's being rested.

Then you replied with usman Khan is out of country for personal reason.

Rana then asked which one of you 2 was telling the truth as both claims can't exist.

If you want my opinion, I don't think rizwan is blocking or resting anyone for fear of his position.
I think the second person was genuinely wrong and maybe did not know. But I can say with certainty it was announced beforehand and also mentioned during the commentary.

The issue is that Rana said it definitively. If Rana did not know, then why did he not ask? Or take even two seconds to search it up? In the time he took to write the post he could have found out why Usman Khan is not playing that day.

Instead he made up a conspiracy about Rizwan dropping Usman Khan to prevent him from being selected in the side. He also tagged multiple users to spread this lie. Now above I said maybe lying was a harsh word. But now he is doubling down in this thread on that same lie even though now it’s completely confirmed by everyone.

Also the conspiracy he made up does not even make basic sense. So Rizwan chose to just drop him for that one match after Usman Khan was performing great? Why did Rizwan bring Usman Khan back for all of the rest of the matches? Why did he not drop him earlier? And also Multan Sultans were completely okay with this? Does anyone really believe the MS’s coaching and management would have allowed that to happen after Usman Khan was scoring 100s? And even Usman Khan bought into this and agreed that he was gone for personal reasons? I guess Usman Khan also flew to UAE for fun just so he would not be in Pakistan so Rizwan could fulfill his conspiracy to deny Usman Khan opportunities.

It just shows why I have to ask for evidence from Rana when it comes to claims about Rizwan.

One thing is very clear which i like about this new PCB regime, they are not going to blindly drink Babar's cool aid. The undue influence of Babar Azam is over

He clearly lacks the courage to take a decision and stick by it. He will play the “I have revoked my retirement to help Pakistan” BS drama along with Amir but those of us who are not deluded can see through the act.

What is their play here then?

I thought this thread was about Imad.

But last 100 posts have been about Rizwan.

Such an average player like Rizwan doesn't deserve 100 posts in the wrong thread.

Can you please answer does Imad have 100% loss as a captain for Pakistan yes or no? It's not difficult. If you read my post again he will be picked let him perform and become a key player than he deserves another shot at captaincy.

You don't need to run in circles defending his 100% loss record which is as bad as claiming his 25 runs in CT final were vital. If this is not blind support than I don't know what it is.

No one is defending his losses. I just want to know why are you behaving like a snake oil salesman?

Now coming to Babar and rizwan. I defend him against posters who have no clue about cricket. People want them to be replaced by rubbish players like sharjeel ttfs like fakhar and the list goes on. I have said many times find better players than them and bin them both.

I have already stated rizwan shouldn't open in t20s in fact he shouldn't bat in the top order at all. But the problem is agenda driven posters completely ignore it. When I ask for people who should be his replacement. People throw in names like fakhar who flopped a million times at opening. Sharjeel another who can't even make a Psl team. Then they throw in names like Mohammed haris who has flopped in PSL and in Pakistan colours. Now we have another one in sahibzada farhan who has worse stats in domestic than rizwans international.

Usman Khan is another one who posters think he is some sort of world class talent while the fact is his batting potential is quite poor and is genuinely a lower order bat against pace.

This doesn't justify all those times of you getting all worked up when someone would criticise the Babar/Rizwan as an opening batting pair.

Coming to Babar he flopped at the t20 world cup but has always been a solid t20 opener for us and I would want him to continue as a opener because as shown in the Psl and over the Year's he's comfortably our best bat. He should open with Saim for us.

Solid t20 opener who averaged under 18 with a strike rate of less than run a ball in the last WT20. He also flopped in the 2021 WT20 Semi-Final and in the 2022 Asia Cup Final. Solid opener :ROFLMAO:

Yet you have the nerve to call out posters for having "no clue about cricket".

Can you tell us which world calls batsmens are waiting in the wings to replace Babar and Rizwan?

You're halfway there when you said open with Saim Ayub. As for the other opener, please see the team combinations recently made by @mominsaigol

No one is defending his losses. I just want to know why are you behaving like a snake oil salesman?

This doesn't justify all those times of you getting all worked up when someone would criticise the Babar/Rizwan as an opening batting pair.

Solid t20 opener who averaged under 18 with a strike rate of less than run a ball in the last WT20. He also flopped in the 2021 WT20 Semi-Final and in the 2022 Asia Cup Final. Solid opener :ROFLMAO:

Yet you have the nerve to call out posters for having "no clue about cricket".

You're halfway there when you said open with Saim Ayub. As for the other opener, please see the team combinations recently made by @mominsaigol

I stated a fact about Imad losses, instead of acknowledging them you are talking about irrelevant stuff. Just say I can't say a word about Imad.

I have said a million times and let me repeat again which went over your head. Find better players than them and you can then bin them. I asked for players which are better than them for which you don't have an answer.

Babar failed and I love how posters are bringing Asia cup as some sort of ICC tournament. It's a rubbish tournament and the only reason you are bringing it is because Babar flopped in that tournament. You would have had a different tune if he performed saying something along the lines of being a useless tournament that even misbah won.

You are acting as if no player has flopped in their career. If you think Babar is not solid than give us your 2 openers instead of hiding behind other posters.

I said Saim as an opener. Name me better all round format batsmen better than rizwan. Whole talking about Saim who I rate very highly he flopped in NZ. You a couple of other cry about rizwan having 3 chances at opening. Why not the same criteria for Saim?

I call out poster for no having a clue about cricket because they clearly don't just because someone has a bad tournament that don't mean they are rubbish. Kholi choked many ICC events does that mean he's not a solid player. I am not comparing them as kholi is light years ahead of Babar. You have proved my point.

What is their play here then?
It is very simple and I can’t believe I have to walk you through it.

Both Amir and Imad are selfish to the bone. Amir retired because his weak body, weak mind and black heart could not cope with the rigors of Test cricket anymore and he wanted to be wrapped in cotton wool.

PCB made it clear to him at the time that if he walks away from Test cricket, he will no longer be automatic selection in white ball cricket and he decided to retire in retaliation and ply his trade in league cricket where his weak body will cope.

Imad was mad at the fact that he was dropped after two years of rubbish performances and the worst bowling record in ODI history vs the top sides.

He made it an ego problem and retired. Ergo, both retired for selfish reasons.

Now they have made themselves available for the World Cup because there is no cricket to be played between now and the World Cup and who wouldn’t to play a World Cup and enjoy a paid trip to the US.

As soon as the World Cup is over, they will either announce their retirement or they will look for the first best opportunity to put themselves above Pakistan cricket again.

Ignorant and delusional fans will lap it up as some great service and sacrifice for Pakistan cricket but in reality, they are only looking after their interests which has always been their modus operandi.

Rubbish cricketer. His gun barrel straight bowling will be smoked over the boundary line by international batsmen, just like his match losing bowling spell against Aus in the Dubai WC semi final.

It is very simple and I can’t believe I have to walk you through it.

Both Amir and Imad are selfish to the bone. Amir retired because his weak body, weak mind and black heart could not cope with the rigors of Test cricket anymore and he wanted to be wrapped in cotton wool.

PCB made it clear to him at the time that if he walks away from Test cricket, he will no longer be automatic selection in white ball cricket and he decided to retire in retaliation and ply his trade in league cricket where his weak body will cope.

Imad was mad at the fact that he was dropped after two years of rubbish performances and the worst bowling record in ODI history vs the top sides.

He made it an ego problem and retired. Ergo, both retired for selfish reasons.

I disagree about them retiring for "selfish reasons". I believe they retired firstly because they were not valued, but more importantly it was because they didn't want anything to do with a clique led by Captain Milestone aka Babar Azam. I genuinely don't blame them, it was all just a cringe show under his leadership.

Babar was taking players to restaurants and shopping to ensure his leadership would remain unchallenged.

Babar knew he wasn't fit to captain the side which is why he was so desperate to form his own clique because he was insecure and lacked the confidence to back himself, so instead he needed his crew to do it for him. A fine example of this were those cringe social media campaigns, such as "sochna bhi mana hai". The team was never going to thrive in that environment.

Now they have made themselves available for the World Cup because there is no cricket to be played between now and the World Cup and who wouldn’t to play a World Cup and enjoy a paid trip to the US.

As soon as the World Cup is over, they will either announce their retirement or they will look for the first best opportunity to put themselves above Pakistan cricket again.

Ignorant and delusional fans will lap it up as some great service and sacrifice for Pakistan cricket but in reality, they are only looking after their interests which has always been their modus operandi.

No one is saying that Imad and Amir have revoked their retirement because they wish to sacrifice themselves for Pakistan cricket. Remember it was the PCB that went begging for them to come back and they agreed to do it and why shouldn't they? They love the game and there's nothing wrong in that. They've made the team on merit, so let them enjoy what they love doing.

Remember Imad gave up an offer to study at medical school to play cricket. For someone who's similar to your background, you should at least have some respect for him.

I disagree about them retiring for "selfish reasons". I believe they retired firstly because they were not valued, but more importantly it was because they didn't want anything to do with a clique led by Captain Milestone aka Babar Azam. I genuinely don't blame them, it was all just a cringe sh1t show under his leadership.

Babar was taking players to restaurants and shopping to ensure his leadership would remain unchallenged.

Babar knew he wasn't fit to captain the side which is why he was so desperate to form his own clique because he was insecure and lacked the confidence to back himself, so instead he needed his crew to do it for him. A fine example of this were those cringe social media campaigns, such as "sochna bhi mana hai". The team was never going to thrive in that environment.

No one is saying that Imad and Amir have revoked their retirement because they wish to sacrifice themselves for Pakistan cricket. Remember it was the PCB that went begging for them to come back and they agreed to do it and why shouldn't they? They love the game and there's nothing wrong in that. They've made the team on merit, so let them enjoy what they love doing.

Remember Imad gave up an offer to study at medical school to play cricket. For someone who's similar to your background, you should at least have some respect for him.
Why is everyone acting like PCB isn't the one who begged imad to take retirement back 😂😂.

It's not like he himself threw a hissyfit, he retired in peace lol.

Rubbish cricketer. His gun barrel straight bowling will be smoked over the boundary line by international batsmen, just like his match losing bowling spell against Aus in the Dubai WC semi final.
We didn't see this mental beast instead he choked.

Babar has been on the minds of everybody here. Can we have a chat where there is no babar involved? Imad and babar stuff has been going on everywhere.

Imad took retirement because he was not finding a spot in the team and he wanted to play few leagues which PCB might not have allowed for him to play so he took retirement out of frustration IMO. He is back, good for him but PSL is something else, He has to prove his worth to the Team on the big stage. NZ series will be a good start to judge his form and how serious he is for the team.

Babar has been on the minds of everybody here. Can we have a chat where there is no babar involved? Imad and babar stuff has been going on everywhere.

Imad took retirement because he was not finding a spot in the team and he wanted to play few leagues which PCB might not have allowed for him to play so he took retirement out of frustration IMO. He is back, good for him but PSL is something else, He has to prove his worth to the Team on the big stage. NZ series will be a good start to judge his form and how serious he is for the team.
I understand where you're coming from, but in the upcoming NZ series, Eng series and the t20 wc, you'll see 100x more of these conversations and war.

It'll die down after the world cup ends. Rn imad and babar are no 1 trending on X.

I disagree about them retiring for "selfish reasons". I believe they retired firstly because they were not valued, but more importantly it was because they didn't want anything to do with a clique led by Captain Milestone aka Babar Azam. I genuinely don't blame them, it was all just a cringe show under his leadership.
They were not valued? What value do they want?

Amir is incredibly lucky to have played for Pakistan again. He could have easily been dumped for good like Salman Butt and Asif but PCB acted in good faith because Amir was young and obviously because they needed him at the time as well, so the circumstances allowed Amir to have a second chance.

A genuine person instead of Amir would have been thankful beyond measure and would have ran through a brick wall for the rest of his career to compensate Pakistan cricket.

Amir had a chip on his shoulder for no reason and the way he ran away from international cricket showed that it was him who didn’t value playing for Pakistan. It wasn’t the other way around.

PCB did everything they could to make him feel valued. They brought him back straight after his ban and played him in all formats. They didn’t even ask him to prove himself in domestic cricket for a year or so.

What else does he want? Amir’s actions and behavior in the last few years tell us everything we need to know about why he did spot fixing in the first place. He is just a terrible human being and if he finds himself in the same situation, he will do it all over again.

As far as Imad is concerned, he was dropped after two years of mediocre performances. He is not the first and last player to get dropped. Thousands of players have been dropped and will be dropped in the future.

It doesn’t mean that you retire in retaliation and start driving an agenda in the media. If that is how it is supposed to be, there won’t be any cricketers left to play for Pakistan.
So to keep your leadership unchallenged, you should take your players to restaurants and shopping malls. It is funny how Babar cracked this code.

Perhaps Imad should have taken his players for shopping and for fancy dinners in 2023 when he produced a W/L ratio of 0.4 without Babar carrying him and got booted out by his franchise.
Babar is respected by his teammates who recognize and respect him for the wonderful batsman that he is. Players who have no insecurities and are comfortable in their own skin have no issues with Babar.

Then you have guys like Amir and Imad who are clearly jealously of the status and reputation that Babar enjoys and have been consumers by their own hatred.

Amir looked at Babar and realized that he would have been where Babar is had he not thrown it away in 2010. Amir was the golden child of Pakistan cricket and would have inevitably captained Pakistan at some point.

He saw what would have happened had he played with dignity and pride like Babar and didn’t get tempted by money.

Imad made his debut in the same year as Babar and 10 years later, he hasn’t achieved 10% of what Babar has. Imad was jealous of the fact that Babar was captain.

Imad was also bitter about the fact that when he has had the chance to prove to the detractors that he didn’t need Babar to be a successful captain, he failed miserably.
This is why I wrote in the other thread that I am deeply disturbed by the actions of PCB and the direction they are going into and why Naqvi is proving himself to be an extremely incompetent administrator.

Imad and Amir would be fools to say no to what is being offered to them and deep down, they must be laughing their backsides off.

They are not missing out on any franchise cricket right now, they will play a World Cup and then they can retire again if they want to. It is a win-win situation for them.
Yeah, a professional cricketer likes cricket. In other words, sky is blue.

And Babar isn’t???
If selfishness is a crime and scoring mountains of runs and hundreds is a sign of being selfish, then please arrest Babar.

It is incredibly easy to be viewed as a selfless batsman by Pakistani supporters. Just bat like a moron for 10 deliveries, hit a few sixes and then throw it away and you will be viewed as a high impact player who was playing for the team.

But if you are a proper batsman who is playing a long innings and scoring actual runs, you will be viewed as selfish and someone who is playing for stats.

For Pakistani fans, the more runs you score, the more selfish you are; the less runs you score, the more selfless you are.

I don’t blame Pakistani fans though - they don’t know the first thing about batting because Pakistan doesn’t have a batting culture and Babar is changing that culture.

What do fans that grew up idolizing Afridi as a match winning batsman know about batting.

Give them duds like Asif Ali, Haider Ali and Mohammad Haris and they will be happy.

If selfishness is a crime and scoring mountains of runs and hundreds is a sign of being selfish, then please arrest Babar.

It is incredibly easy to be viewed as a selfless batsman by Pakistani supporters. Just bat like a moron for 10 deliveries, hit a few sixes and then throw it away and you will be viewed as a high impact player who was playing for the team.

But if you are a proper batsman who is playing a long innings and scoring actual runs, you will be viewed as selfish and someone who is playing for stats.

For Pakistani fans, the more runs you score, the more selfish you are; the less runs you score, the more selfless you are.

I don’t blame Pakistani fans though - they don’t know the first thing about batting because Pakistan doesn’t have a batting culture and Babar is changing that culture.

What do fans that grew up idolizing Afridi as a match winning batsman know about batting.

Give them duds like Asif Ali, Haider Ali and Mohammad Haris and they will be happy.
In T20 cricket I would take a 10 ball 25 over a 40 ball 50 any day.

Just compare the way bowlers treat Rizwan and Babar to the way the treat a Maxwell or Butler. The former have no impact and the longer they bat the better, the latter even if they face 8-12 balls can change the momentum of the game.

The cold hard facts are anyone in Pakistan whether it be Shahibzada Farhan, Abdullah Shafiq or Fakhar Zaman can do what Babar or Rizwan do however Babar and Rizwan can never play some of the innings Azam Khan, Saim Ayub or Sharjeel have played in their careers

Just compare the way bowlers treat Rizwan and Babar to the way the treat a Maxwell or Butler. The former have no impact and the longer they bat the better, the latter even if they face 8-12 balls can change the momentum of the game.

The cold hard facts are anyone in Pakistan whether it be Shahibzada Farhan, Abdullah Shafiq or Fakhar Zaman can do what Babar or Rizwan do however Babar and Rizwan can never play some of the innings Azam Khan, Saim Ayub or Sharjeel have played in their careers
Azam Khan has not even passed 10 runs in his international career. His SR in T20I is only 90 which means he’s slower than a run a ball.

Farhan in his international career averages 12 runs at a 90 SR which means he also players slower than a run a ball. Even his highest scorer off 39 came off 38 balls against Australia’s B team.

Both of these players have yet to make a 25 off 10 type innings in their entire international careers. Azam Khan on average scorers 5(6) and Farhan scores like 12(13).

You can’t just make up performances.

Azam Khan has not even passed 10 runs in his international career. His SR in T20I is only 90 which means he’s slower than a run a ball.

Farhan in his international career averages 12 runs at a 90 SR which means he also players slower than a run a ball. Even his highest scorer off 39 came off 38 balls against Australia’s B team.

Both of these players have yet to make a 25 off 10 type innings in their entire international careers. Azam Khan on average scorers 5(6) and Farhan scores like 12(13).

You can’t just make up performances.
Jos Butler averaged 18 in his first 20 T20Is at a low strike rate. Maxwell took around 3 years to score his first ODI ton.

With such dynamic players patience is required. Azam has proven himself to be a beast in multiple leagues and he can very easily translate this in international cricket, all that is required is one good innings

Although I don't rate Farhan, he has not been given a fair chance. In his last series he was made to bat at 7 and before than he was given only a couple of games of the slow pitches of the UAE

Give both Azam and Farhan the same opportunities RizBar have gotten and you will see much different results

What innings have Azam Khan, Saim ayub and sharjeel have played. 2 are unfit and 1 being fixer. I agree Babar and rizwan can't average 4 and 20.

Thread is about Imad.

Babar is respected by his teammates who recognize and respect him for the wonderful batsman that he is. Players who have no insecurities and are comfortable in their own skin have no issues with Babar.

Yeah, so well respected that two of his crew members, Shaheen and Shadab, turned their back on him and went begging to Imad in public, pleading for him to take his retirement back.

If they respect Babar so much, as you say, at least they could've backed Imad in private rather than humiliating their ex-captain like this.

Please give a Babar call and let me know how he feels about this.

Yeah, so well respected that two of his crew members, Shaheen and Shadab, turned their back on him and went begging to Imad in public, pleading for him to take his retirement back.

If they respect Babar so much, as you say, at least they could've backed Imad in private rather than humiliating their ex-captain like this.

Please give a Babar call and let me know how he feels about this.
Babar has been crying inside. His fans are on overdrive to somehow get the PCB to reverse the decision

It would be a great humiliation if Pakistan win the World Cup on the back of Amir and Imad. They will not be able to suffer this humiliation

Imad is an allrounder and how will he make the playing XI remains to be same, Salman Agha, Shadab Khan, Abbas Afridi Amir Jamal and WasimJr all eyeing that allounder spot

Wasim Jnr,Abbas Afridi,Jamal will have to try and compete as a bowler they won't make the xi as an all rounder.

Babar has been crying inside. His fans are on overdrive to somehow get the PCB to reverse the decision

It would be a great humiliation if Pakistan win the World Cup on the back of Amir and Imad. They will not be able to suffer this humiliation

It would be the best thing for Pakistan cricket. Babar fan club would quickly become dismantled. This needs to happen because Imad, Wasim Akram and Simon Doull have suffered enough.

The thread is about Imad. If you guys cannot talk about Imad and stay on topic then please do not derail the thread with irrelevant posts here.

Hilarious how @Mamoon is picking and choosing his stats just to prove how bad Imad really is.

He’ll bring up his bowling average in ODI’s but will ignore the batting average.

He’ll bring up his T20 batting average but will not talk about the bowling average.

What’s even funnier is that Imad Wasim’s has a better batting stat in ODI’s than his boy, the minnow bashing Imam ul Haq.

An average of 42 with a strike rate of 110 is much better than someone averaging 48 at a strike rate of 80.

Hilarious how @Mamoon is picking and choosing his stats just to prove how bad Imad really is.

He’ll bring up his bowling average in ODI’s but will ignore the batting average.

He’ll bring up his T20 batting average but will not talk about the bowling average.

What’s even funnier is that Imad Wasim’s has a better batting stat in ODI’s than his boy, the minnow bashing Imam ul Haq.

An average of 42 with a strike rate of 110 is much better than someone averaging 48 at a strike rate of 80.
Imad has played as a frontline bowler throughout his ODI career which means he was part of a 5 man bowling attack.

Therefore, his bowling average of 40+ and 60+ when you narrow down to the top 5 sides makes him one of the worst frontline bowlers in ODI history and an out and out match-loser.

Pakistan played like a minnow ODI team between 2018 and 2019, losing 32 out of 40 ODIs played vs the major sides and Imad’s pathetic bowling was a key driving force behind Pakistan’s shambolic run.

His fans hide behind the “he was playing as an all-rounder” excuse but that excuse would be relevant if Imad was playing as a 6th bowling option but he wasn’t.

Considering how awful Imad’s ODI bowling has been, even an average of 100 inflated by not outs (like his average of 42) would not compensate for his pathetic bowling that would put a part-timer to shame let alone a frontline bowler.

Imad is one of the worst ODI players and one of the biggest match-losers to ever play a substantial number of ODIs for Pakistan.

He makes an average ODI spinner like Shahid Afridi look like Shane Warne.

Imad has played as a frontline bowler throughout his ODI career which means he was part of a 5 man bowling attack.
What number was Imad batting as a frontline bowler? I guess number 9, 10 or 11?

What number was Imad batting as a frontline bowler? I guess number 9, 10 or 11?
It doesn’t matter - if you part of the 5 man attack in ODIs and you average 40+ with the ball, you are a loser.

It doesn’t matter - if you part of the 5 man attack in ODIs and you average 40+ with the ball, you are a loser.
Well, that makes Moeen Ali and Santner losers too.

Ravi Jadeja bowling average of 36. That’s loser material too

Well, that makes Moeen Ali and Santner losers too.

Ravi Jadeja bowling average of 36. That’s loser material too
Moeen is a loser for sure. A pathetic player, pretty much on par with Imad. We all remember how England had to kick him out of the team in the 2019 World Cup to get things on track.

Jadeja isn’t a top drawer ODI player by any means, but he is GOAT material as far as Test all-rounders is concerned, something Imad will never achieve even if he lives for a million years.

Santner is an okay player but he bowled really well on Indian pitches in the World Cup and I have never seen Imad spin the ball even on turning tracks.

Not sure what is your point to be honest. No amount of examples, explanations and justifications can make Imad’s bowling numbers in ODIs look good.

Imad is not a ODI player, he is only suited to T20 cricket. I assumed the discussion was with regard to the T20 World cup in 2025.

Imad is not a ODI player, he is only suited to T20 cricket. I assumed the discussion was with regard to the T20 World cup in 2025.
Yep - but his cult is in perpetual denial and refuse to accept that he was poor in ODIs. They are so desperate that they quote his 25 in 21 balls in the CT final as a blockbuster innings and a career highlight. 🤡

Today, at the Kakul camp, Imad Wasim refrained from participating in the 2km Test due to concerns about a knee injury. However, the rest of the players underwent the 2km Test.

He is on point here. Both Imad and Amir still have to prove their worth in the internationals and their place is still not guaranteed for world cup.

--------------------------

Former Chief Selector of Pakistan Team, Mohammad Wasim speaking during a TV show:

“Retirement is a big decision that is made after a lot of thought. After retirement, questions will arise about the system when you call someone from home to play, saying that we need you. You have questioned your own system and your domestic cricket, that the players who have been playing for two years, are in the team, are giving performances, they will be questioned. They will say that we are wasting our time, they don’t need domestic players, they need to call players from home. However, perhaps this is not the time for such discussions, as the World Cup is approaching, so let’s hope that these boys perform. But the problem now will be whether it is guaranteed that they will go to the World Cup. For instance, if you have two series coming up and Amir doesn’t perform, then what will happen? Is it guaranteed that they will play in the World Cup?”

“Same with Imad Wasim, if he doesn’t perform, is it guaranteed that he will play the World Cup? And without a guarantee, they are not going to come, knowing them, the way they think. So I think a panic button has been pressed, magic can’t happen suddenly, if we do this, then all things will be covered. It would have been better if the process was followed a little bit, but again it was their personal choice of players, they took retirement themselves and they themselves have come back. So let’s see what happens now, but I think those whose priority are not Pakistan first, should not compromise on them. I don’t specifically talk about these two; whoever takes retirement for leagues or leaves any format, that means his pedigree will be different.”

Yep - but his cult is in perpetual denial and refuse to accept that he was poor in ODIs. They are so desperate that they quote his 25 in 21 balls in the CT final as a blockbuster innings and a career highlight. 🤡
Everyone is in a cult by your logic at this point.

Whoever doesn't like babar is an imad cultist.

Whoever claims that babar isn't a world class bat, someone will just say yes but he's better then imad, even though that's not the topic.

Cause many of your arguments are trollish in nature such as

" Babar and imam are more skilled in 2023 then their 2019 selves and they proved that they were more skilled by going out of form"

That's like me saying hasan Ali is a more skillful bowler in 2023 then in 2019 but sadly he's a hasbeen.

As per Reports

Imad Wasim has joined the Kakul Camp on Day 4. Haris Rauf is in the rehabilitation group, aiming to recover from an 'unknown injury'. He didn’t take part in training today as well. Players, while fasting, underwent extensive fitness training.

It would be funny if Babar/Rizwan become captains and not pick Imad or Amir in the xi when the world cup starts.

That is now how the take is and you are trying to spin this into something else and while I am okay with you bashing Imam for his poor results and salivating over Babar for his average performances, I will not simply let you mislead the forum with some cliche "selfishness is a crime for Pakistanis" statements.

Firstly, there is a context to everything. Batting for long periods is not selfishness. Were it selfishness, then even Yousuf and Inzimam were selfish players because they used to play long innings. However, they are highly rated and respected in Pakistan. Simply because those innings used to produce substance in the form of win or they used to bring Pakistan so close to the target, the remaining batsmen could just take singles and get home.

Secondly, batting for long periods oblivious to the fact that RRR is climbing while the personal average is improving is the true hallmark of selfishness. Babar has already done it once vs Australia when he batted for his own 100 while trying to chase 360 odd. I don't need to even remind you of that match or post the scorecard here. Rizwan bats for himself and doesn't even care about the team. The fact that these two suddenly magically improve their SR's once they hit 50s is a testament to the fact that they want to save their wicket and not take risks. They don't care about Pakistan but they care about how they are rated as best openers in the world.

Thirdly, Afridi was a very average cricketer too. He is not much better in terms of selfishness, if that's what it comes down to. He used to bat for himself only too oblivious to the team situation. Many a time, had he shown some amount of restraint, he would have taken Pakistan home but he also suffered from grandiose delusions. But in his defense, at least when he fired he used to win games for his country. You knew if Afridi struck a 50 or 100, the game was won, or if he took a 5'er, Pakistan would end up on the winnings side. Razzaq was also a one of those intstrumental in constructing wins for Pakistan. He had his problems against spin and flopped miserably, but when he was on song, he could single handedly win games for the country.

The entire aim of building innings and batting longer is to win games. Rohit Sharma hit 264 once against Sri Lanka batting for extended amount of time. Do we consider that innings selfish? No. Because his innings had a great amount of charisma and helped India win. Kohli bats forever and still wins games for his country.

Babar and Rizwan are extreme opposites to what batting longer means. They rarely look at the scorecard. Their first aim is to survive the first 6 overs of a T20 international or 10 overs an ODI to prevent a collapse. They believe that if they get out, the entire team is going to collapse. This is a nice fallacy to fall back on when you are 15 years old, but as mature men to believe the entire team is dependent on performance of the openers is a tragic indicator of how deep and entrenched this misconception of "saving wickets" is.

If Babar and Rizwan can bat at 9-10 an over while taking calculated risks in T20I and hit those 100 partnerships, do you think people are crazy they would be calling for their removal? If they can keep the RRR less than 8 an over while trying to chase games, do you think people still would want them out? People want them out because of their deception that they are playing for the team, when infact, they are playing for themselves.

You want to bash Imam for being poor, please do so.

You want to congratulate Babar for his century vs Nepal, please feel free to clap for him.

But what I don't want is you trying to misrepresent that Pakistanis think batting longer for 10 balls is selfishness.

That is now how the take is and you are trying to spin this into something else and while I am okay with you bashing Imam for his poor results and salivating over Babar for his average performances, I will not simply let you mislead the forum with some cliche "selfishness is a crime for Pakistanis" statements.

Firstly, there is a context to everything. Batting for long periods is not selfishness. Were it selfishness, then even Yousuf and Inzimam were selfish players because they used to play long innings. However, they are highly rated and respected in Pakistan. Simply because those innings used to produce substance in the form of win or they used to bring Pakistan so close to the target, the remaining batsmen could just take singles and get home.

Secondly, batting for long periods oblivious to the fact that RRR is climbing while the personal average is improving is the true hallmark of selfishness. Babar has already done it once vs Australia when he batted for his own 100 while trying to chase 360 odd. I don't need to even remind you of that match or post the scorecard here. Rizwan bats for himself and doesn't even care about the team. The fact that these two suddenly magically improve their SR's once they hit 50s is a testament to the fact that they want to save their wicket and not take risks. They don't care about Pakistan but they care about how they are rated as best openers in the world.

Thirdly, Afridi was a very average cricketer too. He is not much better in terms of selfishness, if that's what it comes down to. He used to bat for himself only too oblivious to the team situation. Many a time, had he shown some amount of restraint, he would have taken Pakistan home but he also suffered from grandiose delusions. But in his defense, at least when he fired he used to win games for his country. You knew if Afridi struck a 50 or 100, the game was won, or if he took a 5'er, Pakistan would end up on the winnings side. Razzaq was also a one of those intstrumental in constructing wins for Pakistan. He had his problems against spin and flopped miserably, but when he was on song, he could single handedly win games for the country.

The entire aim of building innings and batting longer is to win games. Rohit Sharma hit 264 once against Sri Lanka batting for extended amount of time. Do we consider that innings selfish? No. Because his innings had a great amount of charisma and helped India win. Kohli bats forever and still wins games for his country.

Babar and Rizwan are extreme opposites to what batting longer means. They rarely look at the scorecard. Their first aim is to survive the first 6 overs of a T20 international or 10 overs an ODI to prevent a collapse. They believe that if they get out, the entire team is going to collapse. This is a nice fallacy to fall back on when you are 15 years old, but as mature men to believe the entire team is dependent on performance of the openers is a tragic indicator of how deep and entrenched this misconception of "saving wickets" is.

If Babar and Rizwan can bat at 9-10 an over while taking calculated risks in T20I and hit those 100 partnerships, do you think people are crazy they would be calling for their removal? If they can keep the RRR less than 8 an over while trying to chase games, do you think people still would want them out? People want them out because of their deception that they are playing for the team, when infact, they are playing for themselves.

You want to bash Imam for being poor, please do so.

You want to congratulate Babar for his century vs Nepal, please feel free to clap for him.

But what I don't want is you trying to misrepresent that Pakistanis think batting longer for 10 balls is selfishness.
I remember when you said that Haider Ali is a bigger match winner than Babar Azam for Pakistan so my assessment is not far off.

The definition and perception of what constitutes a match winner for Pakistani fans is pure comedy.

There is no hope for a fan base and their cricketing knowledge and acumen have gone for a toss when they they view players like Haider Ali and Imad Wasim as bigger match winners and therefore, more valuable players than Babar Azam.

So in there first jog, where they needed to complete 2 kms in atleast 20 mins, Imad Wasim pulled himself out due to some "unknown injury".

He said he might injure his knee so he wont do the jog.....

His dramaybazi have started already

So in there first jog, where they needed to complete 2 kms in atleast 20 mins, Imad Wasim pulled himself out due to some "unknown injury".

He said he might injure his knee so he wont do the jog.....

His dramaybazi have started already
So you're confidently proclaiming that he's lying, but all the drama bazi that rizwan does onscreen to the point that even commentators laugh is what? Him being genuinely injured for the team?

‘Would have made more cricket sense’: Former players slam Pakistan over Imad Wasim exclusion in first T20I vs NZ​

Former Pakistan players slammed the exclusion of all-rounder Imad Wasim from Pakistan's playing XI for their first T20 against New Zealand at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Pakistan. Wasim, who recently came out of retirement along with pacer Mohammad Amir wasn’t a part of the team against the Blackcaps.

With the T20 World Cup around the corner, the former champions were expected to come up with their potential playing XI ahead of their first clash against NZ. However, Imad’s exclusion came as a bolt from the blue to many as they scrutinized Pakistan’s decision to keep him on the bench.

Former Test player Iqbal Qasim said that the decision made no sense for him and the hosts should’ve considered playing Imad in the place of Shadab Khan.

“(It) makes no sense to me, honestly, Imad should have played in place of Shadab Khan," he said.

Former player, head coach and chief selector seemed dissatisfied with the decision and suggested that both Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim must play as many games as possible to ‘overcome rustiness.’

“So much hue and cry over bringing back Imad and Amir and they must get maximum matches to overcome their rustiness in international cricket,” he said.

Another former player said, “Would have made more cricket sense to have Imad who is a left-arm spinner and brings more power to the lower batting order compared to Shadab.”

While there has been no clarity on Imad exclusion from the squad, his reported fallout with skipper Babar Azam is being seen as a conjecture. The latter is said to have pulled out of the Karachi Kings at the Pakistan Super League (PSL) because of Imad. The left-hander later went on to represent Islamabad United in the league. Former skipper Mohammad Amir asserted that this series of happenings was a nexus to Imad’s retirement where he wasn’t pleased with the management’s decision as well as Babar Azam.

While Imad Wasim has been one of their finest most reliable players over the years, his return to the squad in the next matches doesn’t look unlikely. As the former champions look to gear up for the upcoming T20 World Cup in June, they will look to calibrate their playing XI to full throttle for the biennial event encounters.

I was also surprised not to see Imad in the Playing XI yesterday. Imad has to play all 5 T20Is.

‘Would have made more cricket sense’: Former players slam Pakistan over Imad Wasim exclusion in first T20I vs NZ​

Former Pakistan players slammed the exclusion of all-rounder Imad Wasim from Pakistan's playing XI for their first T20 against New Zealand at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Pakistan. Wasim, who recently came out of retirement along with pacer Mohammad Amir wasn’t a part of the team against the Blackcaps.

With the T20 World Cup around the corner, the former champions were expected to come up with their potential playing XI ahead of their first clash against NZ. However, Imad’s exclusion came as a bolt from the blue to many as they scrutinized Pakistan’s decision to keep him on the bench.

Former Test player Iqbal Qasim said that the decision made no sense for him and the hosts should’ve considered playing Imad in the place of Shadab Khan.

“(It) makes no sense to me, honestly, Imad should have played in place of Shadab Khan," he said.

Former player, head coach and chief selector seemed dissatisfied with the decision and suggested that both Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim must play as many games as possible to ‘overcome rustiness.’

“So much hue and cry over bringing back Imad and Amir and they must get maximum matches to overcome their rustiness in international cricket,” he said.

Another former player said, “Would have made more cricket sense to have Imad who is a left-arm spinner and brings more power to the lower batting order compared to Shadab.”

While there has been no clarity on Imad exclusion from the squad, his reported fallout with skipper Babar Azam is being seen as a conjecture. The latter is said to have pulled out of the Karachi Kings at the Pakistan Super League (PSL) because of Imad. The left-hander later went on to represent Islamabad United in the league. Former skipper Mohammad Amir asserted that this series of happenings was a nexus to Imad’s retirement where he wasn’t pleased with the management’s decision as well as Babar Azam.

While Imad Wasim has been one of their finest most reliable players over the years, his return to the squad in the next matches doesn’t look unlikely. As the former champions look to gear up for the upcoming T20 World Cup in June, they will look to calibrate their playing XI to full throttle for the biennial event encounters.

These old geezers have no idea about current cricket, and Iqbal Qasim was a selector not too while ago.

This is how random they think and then make stupid decisions.

Imad has no right playing over Shadab. He got out-performed by Shadab in the same tournament that got Imad his selection.

Shadab has match-winning performances for Pakistan, Imad just cannot match even after all the years he has played.

And I believe Shadab is mediocre, not a great player at all. Imagine how bad Imad and Nawaz are.

These old geezers have no idea about current cricket, and Iqbal Qasim was a selector not too while ago.

This is how random they think and then make stupid decisions.

Imad has no right playing over Shadab. He got out-performed by Shadab in the same tournament that got Imad his selection.

Shadab has match-winning performances for Pakistan, Imad just cannot match even after all the years he has played.

And I believe Shadab is mediocre, not a great player at all. Imagine how bad Imad and Nawaz are.
Imad and Shadab can play together as they did in the past.

Imad should be in the team but in not place of Shadab lol, both should play

Back